• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Jirachi wish maker: The fossil used to revive that groudon?

I have been wondering this ever since I saw the movie. When that Team Magma scientist revived that Groudon creature using Jirachi's power. That Groudon he had brang back wasn't Groudon.
If that thing wasn't Groudon then what was it? :shock:

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Fair point, QuagsireQing. Minor setails like that can affect everything.

Also, this reminds me of pokemon Ruby, with the uncontrollable Groudon. Maybe something simiar has happened here?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
What he said ;)

Anyways... Everything I've speculated is pretty much what TBA said. I don't think the Groudon Butler created was a Pokemon at all - it just looked like Groudon due to the fossil being used. The thing he did create was simply a manifestation of his greed and desire for recognition, a greed which consumed everything around him. Nothing but his goal mattered, including the people who loved him (ie. that women, whatever her name was).

In other words... Butler's greed consumed all = the Groudon monster tried to consume everything. Whee.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hard to say. He seemed pretty confident that it would work and went psychotic when it didn't. It kinda reminds me of all the failed experiments to clone Mew. It took them many, many tries to get it right... Maybe if his intentions had been pure, though, it would've worked. Depends on the extent of Jirachi's true powers.