• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Into the Pokéverse

With a screech of pain, Huntail was struck by the blow and fainted. Beta tsked and called it back; his expression looked disappointed yet pleased. "Well done. Aine, your protégés have potential." He throws a couple of small objects their way. "That's the Tide Badge- don't look at me like that!" He crosses his arms defensively. "I'm still a gym leader, you know. It's not like I'm trying to get in the way of young trainers' ambitions."

"So you're letting us past?" Aine asked. Beta nodded.

"Yeah, sure." He narrowed his eyes at them. "But I must ask that you stay out of Team Unknown's business from now on. We won't be so merciful next time." With a lazy wave he turned and strutted back into the city.

"Evan," Aine sighed under her breath. Then she turned to the group. "Nice going, seriously. Let's start heading up into the mountains. If anyone needs healing items, just let me know." They trudged up the rocky incline to the entrance of a cave. The walls were striped with layers like a cake, and the dirt under their feet was a brown-orange color. Diglett and Drillbur popped their heads out to say hello as they made their way further inside.

Neon air patted Riff on the back.
“Not bad.”
Lucario nodded at Lemmy.

As they were walking in the cave, Charmeleon used the same flamethrower trick as last time to help them see.
Neon let all his Pokémon out to converse.
Scizor was congratulating Lucario on it’s new evolution, and both of them were the only fully evolved ones on the team.
Dreepy and Beldum were floating around in circles, playing.
Toxel was just sitting on Neon’s shoulders as usual.

Riff smiled and nodded at Neon, who seemed so unfriendly at first. He then walked up to Lemmy and complimented the Pokémon on his performance against Beta's Huntail.

It was strange. At first Riff really didn't care for a Pokémon adventure. He only came to this region because his father made him leave. But after only having been here for a day, he already started to like being a Pokémon trainer. He still felt the rush of adrenaline from the battle flow through his body. He was also surprised by how much he knew about battling. Even though they had never battled before, Riff knew exactly what Lemmy was capable of, and he knew what kind of attacks to expect from the Huntail as well. All of that because he remembered a lot of the stuff his father used to tell him when he was little. Apparently, it hadn't been for nothing.

Riff followed Aine and the others. He didn't know how narrow this cave would be, so he retrieved Lemmy into his pokéball. As he entered the cave, he figured the next step might be to catch a Pokémon in here.

As he was wondering what kind of Pokémon they'd find in here, the answer popped up right in front of him. Riff tripped over the Dugtrio that suddenly came out of the ground. As he lied there, he looked behind him, but the ground type immediately went back into its hole and disappeared. Riff got up again and looked at himself. His clothes were all dirty and his arms were full of scratches and bruises. He shook his head.
"From one rathole into another", he mumbled.

Bentley caught the badge and slotted it into his badge case, although he felt that he'd gotten it on not so ethical terms he was still happy to have won it. In the cave, Bentley kept noticing a Drillbur trailing him, he turned to it and it smiled, it appeared to be wearing some kind of sunglasses, though it took them off and offered them to him. Bentley took them cautiously, expecting a trap, though when nothing came of it he smiled back and gave the Drillbur a proposition. "Say, how about I give you these sunglasses back, and you come with us?" It nodded, taking the sunglasses back and putting them back on with glee, before catching itself in one of Bentley's pokeballs.

Nito stayed quiet for the most part. His mind was filled with the thoughts. He sent out his Team, knowing Bulbasaur hasn't been out in awhile.
Pidove immediately went to perch itself on Nito's head. Purrloin and Bulbasaur went to take Naps in his Bag, the Usual. He didn't find anything he could say to start a chat, so he just patted his Team.

Purrloin just Bit him like a normal cat, and he chuckled.
"Angry Cat."

The cave quickly ended after a short walk through, depositing the group on a sandy cliff overlooking a vast desert savanna. Up ahead, a simple looking shack stood at the base of the mountains. As they walked closer, Aine read the three arrow signs on an old-looking signpost outside of the building. "Cinnamon Mountains, back the way we came... Cinnamon Desert up ahead... Professor's Lab." Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Not the same building we came from, that's for sure..." She turned to the others. "Well, shall we?"

Taking a deep breath, she knocked briskly on the door. "Hello, Professor? We need to talk to you-" the door quickly swung open and a woman appeared in the entrance. Her hair was in a neat ponytail and she was dressed in a clean, crisp black jacket. She pushed her glasses up with a finger and glanced over the group one at a time, as if sizing them up. For a moment, Aine didn't know who she was, but Oddish immediately recognized her, chirping out a greeting. "Professor Laurel?"

Her face contorted into some mixture of disappointment and resignation. "Ah. So they made it work." She opened the door wider. "Well, come in. I assume you have questions."

The inside of the lab was completely different from what Aine remembered. In place of the jarred specimens and houseplants were bookshelves and monitors. The Professor pulled out a few folding chairs from where they had been stacked against the wall and motioned for them to sit, taking a seat herself at her desk, which was covered in papers. "Sorry, I don't normally have visitors," she offered.

"It's fine, but where did all your specimens go? And are you not giving out starters anymore?" Laurel scoffed at that.

"Specimens? I guess your version of me is much more interesting. Figures she'd be helping with the gym challenge." She glanced away, avoiding eye contact. "There's a reason I moved out here, Aine. I'm not her. I don't like dealing with life. It's messy and complicated. My expertise is numbers, stats. IV's have been my most researched topic as of now. I never gave out starters. But it wouldn't have mattered if I did, because ever since the gym leaders went missing kids have stopped wanting to become trainers anyway." She folded her hands together. "But I digress. What questions do you have? What would you like to know?"

Sean was disappointed that he didn't get to fight Beta, but he walked along nonetheless. When they reached the lab, he looked around to find any sign of his friend/mentor. None. Confused, he asked Professor Laurel.

"Uh, Professor? Where's Shade? That lady that has been working on genetics of Pokemon and the Pokerus? She was with us, but wanted to go on her own. Was she here?"

Suddenly, there was a groan. A hunched figure wearing a trench coat could be seen doubled over in a chair, her elbows planted on her thighs for some support as she propped her head up. She seemed bent out of shape.

Sean cautiously walked up to her. "Shade?"

The figure slowly sat up straighter, the face of the woman finally viewable. It was Shade. She looked over at Sean and smiled. "Long time, no see."

Sean ran up to Shade and hugged her tightly. "Where were you? I was so afraid that you were going to just disappear."

Shade chuckled and hugged him back. "Nobody can make me disappear that quickly. Although, I did run into some problems. I haven't told Laurel here about my whereabouts yet, since I was waiting for you and your group to come by."

Sean broke free from the hug and gave her an inquisitive look, to which she responded with an almost haunted look.

"I don't know what happened to me, but I do have a migraine. I was traveling by Hydreigon and I found something shiny. As soon as we landed, my Hydreigon and I were knocked out. All I can remember were lights and laying on something as I was being taken down some hallway of sorts and some people in uniforms, but I don't remember their insignia. Although, I do remember hearing something about Omega and Beta and some kids, so I'm assuming that had something to do with you guys. Then, I found myself back in the same place that I was taken from, but with a massive migraine. My Hydreigon flew me up here and Laurel has been watching over me. Sadly, the medicine I took half an hour ago isn't helping, and I took the max dosage I could actually receive without making myself sicker or destroying my liver."

Shade put her fingers to her temples to massage them, then massaged the pressure point in the skin fold between her thumb and index finger on one hand, but that hadn't seem to work either. She groaned in pain and discomfort. "Arceus, it feels like something is trying to jackhammer its way through the front and back portions of my skull..."

Neon was at a PC of sorts in the Lab’s corner, and he was communicating with the small girl again, it seemed to be his sister.
His little sister was currently asking him a thousand or so questions on his Pokémon.

“Did Riolu Evolve? Did you get any badges? Are you ok? Is it cool there?”
She went on and on.

Neon sighed.
“Shush. I have a surprise for you.”
Neon returned Toxel to it’s Pokeball, and touched the Pokeball to his forehead.
“Take care buddy.”
He then sent Toxel over to his sister.
She seemed surprised by the Pokeball, opened it, and Toxel came out.
“Ooh! He’s so cute!”
She picked Toxel up and spun around with it.
Neon smiled at this.
“Alright, see ya later, Toxel, take care of her.”
With that, he hung up.

Neon walked over and sat down at one of the chairs.
“I got one.”
Neon frowned.
“Why. Are. We. HERE?!”
Neon tapped his foot.
“How did we even get here?”

Ariana had ran to the lab, following Aine.

"Uhh, Professor, it's not just the gym leaders, my husband, Elite Four Firey, has also went missing." Ariana explained, "I'm trying to find him, and the only clue is a scorch mark on the Cycling Road, most likely left by Volcarona, Mudkip got a rubbing of the mark."

At that moment, Mudkip popped out of his pokeball holding a piece of paper. He walked up to the Professor and dropped the paper.

The Professor considered each question, then turned to Ariana first, picking up the paper. "I haven't seen him pass by, but I do have the ability to contact a few of the Elite 4 members." She hummed, taking out a rectangular device and starting to type on it. "I think Jesse's busy right now, but Nowell says he's happy to meet you at Tumeric Town up north. He's a bit odd... but he's an intelligent young man."

"And as for your question," she turned to Neon who was waiting impatiently. "I assume you've encountered Team Unknown at this point?" Aine nodded, wanting to say something about Evan turning bad but staying silent in fear that she might cut the Professor off from saying something important. "What do you know about clean energy?"

"Oh, like solar energy? Or windmills? It's good for the environment, right?" The Professor nodded.

"Yes. Well... Team Unknown's goal was to create a reliable and potent new source of energy. In order to do that, they needed to achieve two goals: influence the population into accepting the change, and actually develop the source. The first they have been working on; you can see it in the control they wield over cities like Caraway and Cilantro. But the second, they've had a rough time accomplishing." She exhaled and put her head in her hand. "I didn't think they'd actually do it. But I'll explain the science behind it in simple terms."

"Basically, they aim to use a Pokémon called Unown. It's an ancient Pokémon that resides mainly in ruins like the Clove Ruins. When bringing together a large number of Unown, they produce a remarkable amount of energy. However," she added. "There are not nearly enough Unown to power the whole region. And that's where you come in. Using the power of the Unown they had at their disposal, they managed to open a portal to another realm in order to retrieve more Unown. It seems you got caught up in one of their test runs." She gestured over to a screen mounted to the back wall. "I was monitoring the base energy of the region, and I saw a spike, but I didn't think they'd actually managed to do it."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie had been quiet this whole time, but was slightly startled at the mention of another realm.
"Wait a second. You guys are from a whole other realm? How is that even possible?" she asked Neon in a mixture of shock, confusion, and a hint of excitement.
Her expression faltered when she thought a moment more about Team Unknown's plans. "But... If they want to do something good for the world, why do they act so.... so... evil?" she asked, not finding a better word for it.

"A new Power Source.. It can't be that bad, can it?" He thought, returning everyone but Dracoss to the Pokeballs. He had previously thought Unown to be a useless Pokemon, and had wished he found where they were in Unova before he left.

Looking at everyone around him, he sighed. he wasn't close to any of them, and he'd be helping a better cause than whatever they were doing.
"Let me get this straight. They used some Letters to open a Portal to another realm? I'm very confused at everything going on, now."

Shade, with Sean next to her, walked up to the group, a weak smile on her face, yet she seemed not all that well. She looked over the faces, some familiar, some new. She then waved at everyone and began speaking.

"I have studied Unown for some time before I went on to Genetics. By the way, hi, I'm back for those of you who vaguely remember me. Anyway, Unown, by themselves, are weak. However, true to a Psychic-Type hivemind, they can work well together in large groups, changing things and bending reality. I didn't think Team Unknown would try this though... but yes. These wonderful people are from a different reality. I presumed there would be as such, as dimensions was also my field of interest, but I didn't have the appropriate tools to do such things... Mainly because the tools that I wanted were taken by a bunch of people, but now I know where they went."

She sighed and massaged one side of her temple. "I saw some Unown create a sphere of light when about 20 of them got together and floated in a circle, collecting all of their energy into one."

She looked over to Laurel. "Laurel, I have a question. I am assuming all that energy would be read on some devices if they aren't careful. Did you see anything that would alert us to their headquarters, or at least a branch?"

Neon frowned.
“So, these Team Unknown guys, they’re evil, but trying to do the right thing?”
Neon’s face showed visible confusion.
Neon shrugged at Allie’s comment.
“Eh, it’s been a long few days.”
Neon waved at Shade when she said hello, and nodded throughout her explanation of what she knew.
Neon sighed and got up out of his chair.
“I saw an interesting Pokémon outside, I’m gonna go check it out.”
Neon got up and walked outside.
He looked around and heard a bark behind him.
Neon looked and saw a Growlithe standing on top of a rock.(Bork.)
He smiled.
“A Growlithe! Cool!”
Neon took out a Pokeball, and threw it up.
“Alright!”
Beldum popped out, and floated around in circles for a moment.
“Beldum, let’s do this!”
Beldum nodded.
“Beldum! Take down!”
Beldum charged at the Growlithe, and ran into it’s chest head on, and the Growlithe was sent backwards.
The Growlithe barked and jumped up and bit down on Beldum with fire teeth. (Fire Fang)
Beldum was sent flying backwards, and into a rock.
Dust surrounded it.
Then, a blue light came out of the dust, and Metang popped out of the dust cloud.
“Awesome! You evolved!”
Metang nodded and floated around in a jolly way.
“Alright Metang! Let’s do this!”
Metang nodded and charged at Growlithe, and whacked it with it’s claws. (Metal claw)
Growlithe went sailing into a rock, and a dust cloud enveloped it.
Neon threw a Pokeball into the dust cloud, and the sound of a Pokémon going into it was heard.
After a few seconds, a faint click was heard.
The dust settled and a Pokeball was sitting there.
Neon picked up the Pokeball and high fived Metang.
Metang’s claws were tough.
“Ow! Bad idea!”
Metang shrugged.
Neon opened the Pokeball, and Growlithe popped out and barked.
“Hey buddy, you’re on our side now!”
Growlithe barked happily, and Neon pet it.
“Let’s go back inside.”
Neon returned both Pokémon to their pokeballs and went inside.
He sat back in his chair.

Seeing that everyone was all worried about Team Unknown, he took the time to sneak outside if the lab. He didn't know what he wanted to do, and it haunted his brain just thinking about it.

Reaching somewhere just near the lab, he noticed Grass shaking. He picked up s Stick, chucking it at the Grass, the sounds of it being Chopped were easily heard. A bidoof walked out, as Dracoss jumped forward in a Defensive stance.
"Wait, Dracoss, No--" Dracoss already leaped for the Bidoof, it's Tail shining like steel as it Connected. The Bidoof was sent Back to a tree, an illusion fading as a Zorua appeared in the place of Bidoof. Dracoss looked at Nito, looking Apologetic. The Zorua took this moment of Weakness to use a Shadow ball, hitting Dracoss head-on, sending the Snivy towards another tree.
The Zorua began Laughing, ad Nito growled.
"Dracoss!" He yelled, a bit of worry In his voice, but it was soon replaced by a shocked Gasp, as a Blue light surrounded the Snivy, it's Form changing.
"D--Dracoss.." His eyes Shrunk, as the Newly-evolved Servine walked out of the Smoke, Scratched from the Shadow ball.
Dracoss and Zorua stared off, as Nito snapped back Into reality.
"Dracoss! Uh, Leaf Blade..?" He guessed. He didn't know what moved were added with the Evolution, but guessed correctly, as Dracoss charged forward, forming a Blade of Vines as she Slashed the Zorua. The Fox-pokemon fell, as Nito tossed a Pokeballs at it.
One,
Two,
Three...
The Pokeballs Dimmed, as he picked it up, putting it in his pocket.
Dracoss went back up to his Shoulders, and Nito grunted from the New-evolution, but sat down where he was, signing. A newly evolved Servine, and a New Zorua.
He stopped sitting, and lied down, staring at the sky. It was a relaxing time, different than what all happened.

Sean nodded and saw a couple people leave. He needed some fresh air. He followed the people out and began walking around the perimeter of the lab. He heard some electricity crackling and he followed the sound. He found himself near a generator, which was getting its power sucked from a Voltorb. He quickly pulled out a PokeBall and threw it at the Pokemon. After a couple shakes, the PokeBall caught the unsuspecting Voltorb. Hopefully, the Voltorb stays inside and doesn't blow him up. He took the PokeBall encasing a Pokemon that looked like the PokeBall it was in and walked back inside. He needed something to do.

Shade awaited for Professor Laurel to answer her question.

Laurel sighed, taking her glasses off and rubbing her eyes. "As mentioned, the Clove Ruins had a number of Unown, so there were always unusual readings there. Caraway has had some activity recently that I've been monitoring. I've also noticed some activity near Fenugreek Castle. But I can't guarantee there's anything there." She straightened, looking around. "There's something you should know. Their motives... their unyielding drive to fix the world, the lengths at which they will go to achieve that... it's due to one person. Their leader, Alpha... she's behind everything. If you want to stop them, stop her."

Aine's brow creased. "But how can we do that?" Laurel pressed her lips together in a thin smile and shook her head, letting out a bitter chuckle.

"That's for you to answer, Aine. After all, you're Alpha."

Shade was, for the most part, surprised. She hadn't known that Aine's counterpart here was the leader this entire time. In fact, when she encountered the Aine in this universe, she had a pleasant experience with her chatting a little before she left. She would have never guessed.

Then again, that was with most people.

Sean was even more surprised. He looked to Aine, then Laurel, then Aine again and got upset. How could she... But he had to remember, this Aine was from a different universe. The Aine he knew had been gone, but now he knew why she was gone. This didn't make any sense to him. He had to ask Laurel to make sure.

"Are you... Sure about that, Laurel? I mean, she wouldn't really be the mastermind behind this, should she?"

Meanwhile, Shade had written down the places they would need to visit. Clove Ruins. Caraway City. Fenugreek Castle. Out of all three places, Caraway City seemed to be the most plausible of a a hideout to hide in. Clove Ruins was just a site of Unown, so that could have been the place they would get Unown before they ship them somewhere else. Fenugreek Castle probably had a test site nearby where the readings were coming from. Time to make their way to Caraway City.

That migraine was killing Shade though. She squinted a bit as she heard almost a whisper behind her. She turned about quickly to see... Nothing. Sean got a bit spooked by her actions snapping his head to attention and jumping a little.

"You okay?"

Shade just nodded and scratched the back of her head, not wanting to worry anyone about voices she was hearing.

Nito sat back up, stretching his arms as he looked around. The Zorua he had caught was still in the Pokeball, and he never really looked at it beforehand. he grabbed the Pokeball holding the Fox, and threw it, releasing the Pokemon in a Flash.

"Zo-o-o-orua!" The Fox screeched, as Dracoss went down to investigate it. The two locked eyes, as the Zorua became Dracoss in a flash.

"Ser! Servine!" Dracoss yelled, the Zorua laughing in the form of Dracoss.

Chuckling, Nito returned the Zorua, and stood up. Dracoss quickly got back on his Neck, and the two headed back inside the lab.

"Wait.. why does everyone look so shocked? What did I miss?" He asked, confusion on both his Face and Voice.

Sean looked over at Nito and stumbled over his words in shock. "Aine... Uh, Unknown, Aine's the...."

Shade decided to help the poor boy. "Aine's counterpart here is the leader of Team Unknown. We have a few places of where they could be. Clove Ruins, but I highly doubt it is anything more than a bunch of Unown and a research group. There are some readings in Caraway City, which I'm assuming their headquarters are at. Then there's Fenugreek Castle, which I suspect there being a test site. Or their headquarters could be in Fenugreek Castle and their test site being in Caraway City."

Sean looked to Nito and his Servine, wondering what they were going to do.

Aine blinked and looked around the room in shock. "Well how the heck did that happen? Why in the world would I start something like this?"

The Professor sighed; she seemed to be doing that a lot. "You saw the state of Thyme Town. She's always been an advocate for saving the environment. Eventually she got tired of waiting for a change." She grimaced, guilt dark in her eyes. "I must admit, I partially blame myself for that. If I had shown her my support sooner, stopped holing myself up in these damn mountains, maybe she wouldn't have felt pressed to go to the lengths she did. Alas, I was too late."

"And that's why Evan..." Her other self must be an asshole, roping her friends into something like this. "So what do we do now?"

The Professor shook her head. "I'll do what I can to get you home. But it's not something so simple. I'd need access to their research, a place to set up a portal." She rummaged around in her desk, pulling out what looked like a USB drive. "If you can get this into one of their mainframe computers, I might be able to make it work. And here-" she handed over a business card- "so we can keep in contact." She looked over each trainer. "Stay brave, young ones. Nowell's waiting in Tumeric Town, so I'd head there next. You'll have to cross the desert, and nighttime is fast approaching."

"Across a Desert..? Man.. I don't like Warm Areas." He muttered, putting his hands in his pocket. He was shocked that this world's Aine was the Leader, but perhaps that would mean it's easier to understand? His brain would've shaken out of his skull if it could. Alas, he just looked around, humming to himself.

Dracoss snuggled up to his neck, moving it's Evolved tail around. She had yet to find out she was going to become a Sneaky Danger Noodle.

Neon’s mouth literally hung open in shock.
“What the actual f-“
Lucario covered his mouth and shook it’s head.

He looked over at Aine.
“Dang, your other self must suck.”

A desert? Aw man, I don’t wanna walk across a freaking desert!
Neon groaned, and his Lucario did the same.

“We gotta walk across a desert?”
Growlithe and Charmeleon actually seemed happy about this though.

“Well, I guess I’m ready when all of you all are.”
Neon started rearranging things in his backpack.

SUMMARY: Caraway City
The group headed to Caraway, meeting a few new friends along the way. When they arrived, they found the place was taken over by Team Unknown. Captured and imprisoned in the Gym, they escaped through the sewers. When they tried to leave town, they were challenged by Team Unknown's admin, Beta, who was Caraway's gym leader. Upon winning the battle, they flee to the Cinnamon Mountains to meet Professor Laurel, who explains how the situation with Team Unknown came to be, along with revealing the truth: Aine's alternate self is the leader of Team Unknown. In order to get home they must infiltrate a Team Unknown base. An Elite 4 member is waiting for them across the desert: all they must do now is cross it.

As the sun started to set, the group thanked Professor Laurel for her hospitality and started out into the desert. Since dusk was fast approaching, the temperature was dropping very quickly. Thankfully, everyone was decently equipped for the cold since Vanilla Town.

With civilization so far away, the stars in the sky were able to twinkle with all their glory. The moon hung lowly over the horizon, granting the group light as they trudged further in. There was sand in Aine's shoe, but she had no motivation to get it out: after all, more sand would just take its place. A few Cacturne watched them from atop a faraway dune, but they made no move to attack. A lone Trapinch poked its head out of the sand before burrowing back down. The whole scene was eerily silent, but at the same time amazingly beautiful.

The silence only allowed for more thinking. Perhaps.. No. Maybe thinking wasn't the greatest plan right now. He had spent almost the entire trip thinking, and perhaps it was time to look ahead.

He looked at Aine to say something, but closed his mouth before he could say anything. Perhaps it was just his young mind, but this was all getting to his head. He took his Sunglasses off, putting them in his Pocket, revealing Green eyes. It was dark enough to where he could See without the light bugging his Eyes, and it looked more Beautiful this way.

His Service hopped from his shoulder to the Sand, investigating the Rough mineral as they walked.

Keeping an eye on where the moon was rising so as to avoid getting lost, the desert dunes stretched on endlessly in front of them. Bored, Aine started humming quietly under her breath. The group stopped frequently for water breaks, keeping hydration their number one priority.

Noticing the quiet, Aine thought to check in with everyone. "How's everyone feeling?" She asked. "I know this seems like we're taking on an impossible task, and that some of you didn't sign up for this kind of adventure. I get it if you're not exactly thrilled... but the region's in danger and we can't let that slide. Even if we weren't trying to get home, I'd like to think I'd still try and help out." She stuffed her hands in her pockets, feeling self-conscious. I'm not like the other me, she told herself. I wouldn't just go around hurting people to further my own goals. But was that really true?

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The young teen had kept to herself, keeping her hands in her pockets. Even Eve was silent, not daring to make a snarky joke like usual.
"Hey - so - uh - what happened back there - uh - what were they talking about, with the alternate selves stuff?" she asked naively. "I'm just - so confused..."

Growlithe was eagerly running behind Neon while he walked with the group.
Lucario was walking alongside Neon.
All his other Pokemon were in their pokeballs.
Neon looked towards Aine.
"Eh, I'm doing alright. Also, are you kidding? I don't care if I didn't sign up for it, this adventure has been AWESOME!" He said enthusiastically.
He noticed Aine seemed self-conscious. " Oh, by the way, we aren't judging you by your other self's actions. You're you. And other you is.... not you. Right, guys?" He looked around at everyone, then gave them a surprisingly intimidating look that meant it wouldn't be good for them to say otherwise.
Neon looked at Allie. "As previously mentioned, we're from a different dimension, so I guess we have alternate selves that are from THIS dimension." Neon thought for a moment. "Dang, since I'm so awesome, my alternate self must suck, considering what we've seen so far supports the theory that our alternate selves are the opposite of us, give or take."

Aine looked around, but seeing as most people were off in their own thoughts, simply nodded. After a few hours of trekking, the group finally passed over the crest of a sand dune to see the skyline of a city off in the distance. The sun, just beginning to rise above the horizon, illuminated the ocean that was behind the city. Morning was upon them, and with it the temperature started to rise dramatically.

"There it is, Tumeric Town." Aine wiped the back of her hand across her forehead. "A town of music and magic, or so I'm told." As they approached the liveliness of the area became clear. There were kids scuttling around waving strips of dried fruit and vendors lining the streets calling out their wares. Overhead, Wingull soared and chattered to each other. The smell of salt filled the air, and the sails of large ships waved from their docks. A merry tune carried from the center of town where a few musicians were playing.

"Let's split up and look for Nowell," Aine suggested. "He'll be easy to recognize, just look for a white scarf. He's the only one crazy enough to be wearing one in this weather."

He stared in awe. The fresh air felt wonderful going through the system.
"White scarf? Sounds easy enough.." He said, squinting his eyes. Despite having Sunglasses, the sun still found a way to irritate his eyes.

Dracoss rolled in the sand. It was obvious it was her first time seeing the Rough material in person, and she was enjoying herself. Nito chuckled, watching his partner roll around in the sand.