• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Into the Pokéverse

"Take 'em out," Beta ordered. Cloyster advanced on Eve, using Rapid Spin to accelerate and knock into the small Pokémon. "Your group is putting up a good fight," he commented to Aine. "We're starting our next recruitment period soon... maybe some of your little protégés will join, hm?"

Aine scoffed at him and shook her head. "We have other things to deal with, thanks." Like how to get home, firstly...

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"Iron Tail."
Eve met the Rapid Spin with a tail of steel, pushing back the blow. The shock made her waver momentarily, gritting her teeth.
"Swift, quickly!"
While the Cloyster was still pushing against her tail, Eve summoned a concentrated swirl of stars, firing them from around her head towards
her opponent.

Neon and Lucario watched in a mixture of hope and disbelief.
First, why did their Iron Tail land every time? That didn’t work when Neon taught it to Riolu. Maybe his luck was rotten.
Second, he hoped that Allie would win.
But, third, he was aware of what Cloyster could do, considering the stories he had heard.
“Come on...”
Neon muttered under his breath.
Lucario watched, muscles tensed.

Cloyster used Protect, closing its shell as Eve's Swift hit it. The sunlight was harsh, and Beta seemed to know he was at a disadvantage with the weather. However he didn't act too concerned about it; he just stopped using water-type moves altogether. "Icicle Spear," he told Cloyster. The Pokémon grinned madly and fired 5 rounds of sharp ice at Eve, their pointed tips glinting in the sun. The barrage of attacks was relentless. Beta smiled, pleased by the result.

Nito nodded, watching the Battle. The aching feeling drilling. He wasn't anxious about the others fighting an Admin, even though he should be.
"Wash Away the Imperfections...of Humanity?" He thought, the Words repeating in his Head. He knew Humanity wasn't perfect, but perhaps the people of this world were different..? It all reminded him of Plasma's plan to Liberate the Pokemon, by...
He couldn't think of it anymore. He had to find Answer's, and fast.

He might consider joining Team Unknown. They seem to know what is going on, and perhaps they'd have someone Similar to Dracoss?

He stopped petting his Snivy. Even if he wanted to, all of his Pokemon had a weakness to his Cloyster, all except Purloin. He didn't trust Purloin to fight, for the reason being she didn't Listen.

He looked at Aine, opening his mouth to say something, before closing it. He trusted Aine, But not enough to talk about it.

Last edited:
Sean sighed, having been ignored by Aine. But he was thinking about Shade. What was up with her? He attempted to talk to Aine again.

"So, uh, Aine," Sean started. "I was wondering what we are going to do after this battle. I know where we are heading and it's the Professor's Lab, but how are we gonna get there? I don't know this region enough, even though I do live here. I don't usually look at the map."

Meanwhile, Shade had gotten lost. Where was she? She had flown about a bit with her Hydreigon, but he was starting to get tired. She did find the Professor's Lab, but something caught her attention. She told her Hydreigon, now panting, to land near this point of discovery. He did so gladly.

Aine pointed to the mountain range. "The lab is up there, apparently. The Professor always used to say she should take a vacation in those mountains. I guess this universe's version liked it so much she ended up living there." She smiled reassuringly at Sean. "We're almost there, I promise."

Last edited:
Sean nodded a little, feeling a little more relieved. Maybe Shade will be there. He took a deep breath in and let it out, calming himself.

Meanwhile, Shade blacked out after feeling something hit her head. Her Hydreigon, having already been tired, was drugged by a quick tranquilizer and had fallen asleep. Someone then returned Shade's Hydreigon by taking her Pokemon's PokeBall and returning it, then putting it back on Shade's belt. With Shade laying down, they took her away.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
(thought i posted, sorry. left it as a draft by accident .-.)

The ice blades glimmered in the harsh sunlight, being melted ever so slightly, but not enough. Allie didn't have any time to speak before Eve reacted on instinct.
She cloaked her body in a harsh flame, standing still. The burning fire melted the blades on contact, but the intensity at which she was using the move combined with the fact that she wasn't moving made her cry out in pain. She was using Sizzly Slide.
Allie froze up. Eve looked back at her, suddenly realizing the mistake that she'd made. Eve had just shown her uniquity to a Rocket official. It was Allie's worst nightmare come true.
Trying desperately to distract the Rocket Admin from Eve's display, Allie made a command out of pure fear. "Eve, Double-Edge!"
Eve lunged forward, despite being harshly weakened by her unorthodox use of the Fire-type move. Her health was chipping away, but she kept holding on.

Sean saw that and his eyes widened. He knew exactly what that was. "No, its neither of those moves. That's dangerous," he then whispered to Neon. "That was Sizzly Slide, making Allie's Eevee extremely special, but they can't evolve. This Eevee is better than a regular Eevee."

With that, he got on the defensive. He readied his PokeBalls and released Jolt behind him. The Eevee looked up at him curiously before he turned around and used the Thunder Stone. The Eevee smiled and took on the evolution, becoming a Jolteon.

Sean then pulled out his other Eevee and used a Leaf Stone on her. Arboria became a Leafeon and he put a finger to his lips and made a shushing noise and then got up and turning around, his newly evolved Pokemon behind him.

"Hm, Impressive for an Eevee. I'm pretty sure Eevee is able to use special moves just like Z-Moves!" She looked over to Stoutland. "Hey, doesn't Pikachu also know some special moves as well?" But Stoutland was looking at a bright light in the distance.

"Hey, what's that?" She looked at the Jolteon, amazed. She looked at another Eevee that had just evolved. "Woah, that's awesome!" she thought to herself. She watched the battle continue, ready to beat this guy with Stoutland in a flash.

Beta had caught the glimpse of fear on Allie's face, but chose not to say anything. The information might be useful to him in the future, however... Cloyster took the Double-Edge full on, closing its shell to maximize its defense. It seemed to wince as the attack hit, however it still had the strength to retaliate with a Giga Impact.

Aine, on the other hand, was utterly confused. She had never seen an Eevee use a fire-type move before... was Eve some sort of specially bred Eevee? She saw Evan's (Beta's?) expression change slightly behind his poker face of indifference, and she knew that he had noticed. She should probably keep a close eye on Allie while she's travelling with them.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie was growing more irrational by the second, desperate to let the battle end. Calling out, she started to command a new move.
"Veevee Vo-"
She stopped herself, not wanting to dig herself into a deeper hole. With a heavy heart, knowing how this would end, she called out another move.
"Endure."
Eve's body steeled, as she took the full brunt of the powerful move. She was barely even conscious at this point, let alone standing, but Endure gave her just enough energy for one last stand.
"Eve, use Wish."
Eve, her expression twisted with pain, looked up at the sky, howling. The sky went dark for a moment, as a shooting star trailed above the group. Her energy exhausted, Eve fainted, collapsing. Despite this, she had a smile as she went out, knowing she just gave the next trainer a fighting chance.

The young trainer had a shadow cast across her eyes, as she picked up the Evolution Pokemon, cold and silent. She raised her hands.
"I forfeit this match."
Without another word, she moved to the back of the group, releasing Moon from her Pokeball. The Ralts emerged in a burst of sparkles, her expression growing concerned upon seeing the battered Eve.
"Heal Pulse," Allie commanded.
Solemnly, Moon went to work, a green light appearing in her hands.

Bentley noticed Allie's sudden shift in behavior, he hadn't known her for very long at all but he still thought this unusual. He walked up to her and tried to cheer her up, "you look pretty devastated about that loss." He said, "don't worry, I'm sure you'll get him next time!" He said in a bright and happy tone in an attempt to get her to chin up. It didn't seem to dawn on him that her Eevee was in trouble due to it's special moves, it just seemed like any other flame charge to him.

Ariana had her pokeballs in order and prepared to open Hydreigon's pokeball, in case something happened. She prepared for any grunts that tried anything and blew their Pokemon away with Mudkip. She saw Allie forfeit and prepared to fight Beta.

"It's alright, this Cloyster is one tough opponent, even caused my husband's Kingdra a problem or two." Ariana responded to Allie.

She some clue who Allie was, she came across her sister more than once. Mudkip gave the most encouraging call it could, and then prepared keep some of the grunts away.

Beta called Cloyster back with a pat to his head. "You're my ace for a reason," he told it. Then, taking another Pokéball, he sent out Hypno to battle the next trainer. It was another Pokémon Aine had never seen him use.

The win seemed to have triggered his chatty side, as he started monologuing at them while the next trainer was preparing to battle. "Team Unknown has a vision, and it'll come true whether you want it or not. You've seen the state of things-" he made a sweeping gesture with his hands- "the litter like tumbleweeds in Thyme Town, the messes in the streets of Clove Town... even the state of the air here, absolutely atrocious. The eastern sea is full of plastic, the Rosemary Isle is vanishing into the ocean. We're going to fix it all." He paused, taking a breath. "I suppose it's hard to understand, but sometimes the ends is worth the means."

Sean was angry. Yea, their intentions seemed to be for the best, but they were going about it the wrong way. Sean could think of so many other ways he could help the environment. Now, he wanted to fight Beta. His Jolteon and Leafeon stood at Sean's sides, watching Beta intensely.

But he realized Allie was having a bit of a tough time. Team Unknown are not getting that Eevee. He walked over to Allie and sat next to her and put an arm on her shoulder. "Don't worry, Allie. I'll make sure they won't take Eve. If you want, I can help heal Eve."

Leafeon and Jolteon walked over to Allie's legs and rubbed their faces affectionately against them, trying to comfort Allie.

He wasn't worried about the Eevee's unique move, or anything else for that matter. Team Unknown, a Team that wants to do what Humanity failed to.
Taking his Glasses off, his Green eyes aching. He made up his decision, now all he needed was an time to do it. He couldn't just ask when the Recruitment was without everyone else getting suspicious, so that was out of the question. He didn't feel safe allowing himself to be Captured, but it might..

Nito was knocked out of thought by his Snivy, who was pointing towards his Glasses. Chuckling, he put them back on.
"Yeah, sorry, Dracoss."

Pearl was kinda angry and decided to show him what we're really made of. "Alright Beta, it's time I finally beat you!" As strong and courageous she looked, Pearl was actually kinda worried. Beta's Pokemon are really strong, but she just knew she could do it.

"Okay, Stoutland are you ready?" Stoutland nodded, ready for anything. Pearl also nodded and pointed at Hypno. "Stoutland use Crunch!!" Stoutland charged at Hypno with great speed, biting Hypno's side. "Nice! That was amazing!" She smiled patted Stoutland.

Hypno took the hit, hanging on by a small thread of HP. Beta made a disgusted face and crossed his arms. "Use Disable." Hypno moved its pendulum, swinging it back and forth distracting Stoutland. The admin seemed wholly uninterested in his Pokémon's low health, muttering that "water-types are much better." But the Disable was effective, putting Stoutland at a disadvantage since it couldn't use Crunch anymore.

Stoutland was confused for a moment after forgetting its move. "Typical." She muttered under her breath. "Stoutland, since this Hypno is almost beat, we still have a chance to win!" She looked at Beta then looked at Hypno.

"Stoutland, use Take Down!" Stoutland rushed towards Hypno at great speed. "Now, that should finish you off!" But, she didn't want to let her guard down, as Beta may have some unpleasant surprises.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie was briefly reminded of her sister's Glaceon, Sonata, as the two Eeveelutions comforted her. A smile flashed across her face.
"That'd be great, thank you. Moon's just learning Heal Pulse still, and she'd appreciate the help." Indeed, Moon was clearly straining to even heal at all, and the wounds were not closing properly.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
So, I've received several reports of autoing from various users in this thread.

Reminder that controlling another RPer's character or forcing a hit on them without their permission is expressly prohibited. You can announce an attack, but it's not up to you to decide if it connected. That's up to the other person.

(Probably me, sorry, I thought it only applied to killing off someone's character or forcing a period of inactivity.)

With the Take Down, Hypno fainted, its body flopping to the ground in defeat. Stoutland had taken some recoil damage and Aine handed Pearl a Potion to take care of the slight wounds. Beta called it back and sent out his final Pokémon, a vicious-looking Huntail. It snapped its teeth at the group of trainers.

"You're almost there," Beta encouraged mockingly. "I'm sure the Professor is just waiting on her doorstep for you to arrive."

"Oh, thanks!" Pearl used the Potion and healed Stoutland. "Hey, nice job out there!" She patted Stoutland on the head. She noticed most of the trainers tending to an Eevee. She walked over to see what's going on. "Hey, don't worry Eve will get better. I know Eve will." She sat down and watched the Pokemon heal The Eevee.

Sean pulled out a Super Potion and a Revive. He wasn't sure if Eve needed the Revive, but he pet the Ralts head before applying some of the Super Potion's medication, spraying it on to the wounds that needed it most. He then fished in his bag for a Sitrus Berry and gave it to Eve to eat. The Leafeon sat down and began creating a hefty aroma of herbs to try and calm those that were shaky and to help ease Eve a little from the pain. The Jolteon was pissed at Beta. He really wanted to fight. If the person doesn't come up to fight Beta, then Jolteon will fight Beta.

Nito looked up, staring at Beta, and back to Dracoss. Taking deep breaths, he spoke up.

"Who is fighting him next? If no one is, I'm ready to." He said, immediately regretting his decision. He wasn't the most skilled, and none of his pokemon were Evolved. How could his Un-Evolved Snivy take on a Huntail? He was hoping someone would Take his spot, but luck hadn't seemed to be on their side as of late.

Jolteon barked at Nito and he shook his head at him. He then jumped toward Beta in front of the battlefield and electricity sparked off his back.

Sean caught Joltz's immediate aggression and sighed. He pet Eve's head before walking up to the mantle. "If no one battles you, I will. Someone may take my place, but I know I can beat you and all of your unbeaten Pokemon. I may have been quiet this entire time, but I will not stay soft spoken any longer. Who will take my place?" He looked at everyone who hadn't battled, yet. He knew he had decent experience, having been trained by Shade to become the next Gym Leader, but he wanted to make sure nobody else needed to battle him.

Riff stepped up, holding Lemmy's Pokéball in his right hand. "I guess it's up to us."
Having just joined the group, he still didn't quite know what was going on. He only knew two things for sure: this Beta-guy was definitely one of the bad guys, and this battle was the last thing that stood in the way of the group leaving this horrible city.
"Alright, let's see where all our training has brought us. Go, Lemmy!"
Riff threw his pokéball and the 5'7 metal bird appeared right in front of Beta's Huntail.
"Let's go Lemmy, use Peck!"
The Skarmory flew up and moved beak first towards the Huntail at high speed.

Sean stepped back as Riff took his place. He so wanted to fight, but he knew he should be last, if anything. Joltz also took a step back and watched them fight, kind of wishing it was he who had fought at this moment. Sean looked back to Eve and Allie to see if they were okay.

Huntail was pecked by Skarmory, recoiling from the hit. It curled up and used Screech at the bird Pokémon, letting out a shrieking noise like metal on metal. The sun began to fade in its intensity slightly, the weather starting to turn back to normal.

"Don't listen to him," Aine murmured to the group as they were battling. "There are plenty of other things we can do for the environment besides terrorize civilians. Maybe after we figure out where the rest of the gym leaders have gone we can start to make changes." If they haven't already joined Team Unknown, she thought.

He looked at Aine, trying to do a reassured Nod. What if Team Unknown was doing it right, and everyone else was too hard headed to realise? He rubbed his temples from the sudden headache, sitting down.
His mind went back to the main point. It was another world, which meant different styles. Maybe he was over thinking it all? Perhaps it's just like being in their world, and he's just Homesick? He looked at his Snivy, who was looking at the Huntail and Skarmory battle. It was obvious Dracoss looked up to the Much-Stronger Pokemon, just as a Younger Sibling would.
Nito chuckled at that, looking that the battle himself. The headache was still there, but he could worry about it later.

Last edited:
Riff wiped the water off his face and checked up on Lemmy.
"Are you still good to go?"
Lemmy nodded and started making eye contact with Huntail again. Their trip to the pokécenter had really recovered him from all the battling before. While waiting for a command from his trainer, Lemmy kept staring in Huntail's eyes in order to intimidate the water Pokémon.
"Alright, let's see if we can finish this off! Use metal claw!"
The Skarmory raised his white-glowing claw and tried to hit the Huntail as hard as possible.

Nito looked at the Battle, wiping himself and his Snivy off from the Water. The Skarmory could Win, but he doesn't know if the Huntail has any other moves. So far, he's only seen Aqua Tail and Screech. The thought of the Eevee crossed his mind again. What if things like that were Normal? No, It was Impossible. Was it? He lowered his head, holding his Sunglasses on. This was a bit too much for his 15-year-old Brain to Handle.