• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

In-game Quotes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post which video game quotes (or bits of dialogue) you find funny, interesting, shocking, weird or just stick in your mind for whatever reason.

From "Yoshi's Island DS":

Baby Bowser: Wait a minute! When I grow up, I'm STILL trying to take over the world? LAME!

From "Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time":

Young Toadsworth: Careful there, elder me, that's MY blood pressure you're elevating. If I wanted to witness myself embarrasing myself, I'd belch in front of a mirror!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"Cosmic energy for the win!"

I think that says all for Diamond/Pearl's translation, but those games are stuffed with funny quotes.

I know Super Star Saga and Partners in Time were, too, but its been too long since I played them to remember any specific quotes :(

"What? Owned by a kid?!?"
by the old geezers in d/p....frickin' amazing, how the old people are catching on.

EDIT: stel, before you say anything, anything at all, do NOT say anything having to do with luigi not being able to make stones

>.

Band Of Brothers: Road to Hill 30

Legget: YOU WANT ME!! FUCKING TAKE ME!! * Fires off his pistol and then gets blown up*

From "Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga"

Bowser: GRAAGH! If I kidnap Peach in this state, she'll wreck my castle! Mario, do something super!

Mario:...

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us"?

I find it shocking by the mere effect it had on my dearest friends... Ah, memories of good times... or maybe they were just times... meh...

Well tpl, it can be from either the badly translated game "Zero Wing" or it can be from the humorous/not so humorous subsequent usage of it all over the 'net.

The movie it came from had far funnier lines in my opinion...

In super mario bos. 3 where you find peach and she tries to be a bit funny by saying "Sorry, but the Princess is in another castle"

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Oh god. The world is FULL of awesome game quotes... XD Here's a few I scavenged from my archive...

"Did someone paint 'Taxi' on my 99?" Jaxon, Fire Fight, when asked to pick up ANOTHER informant.

"Do you think a minor thing like the end of the world could do me in?" Sabin, Final Fantasy VI

"By the way... I tried poisoning, strangulation, drowning... I even listened to improvised jazz music once, but that only made me WISH I was dead..." Windle Poons, in the end of Discworld II: Missing Presumed ?! (AKA Mortality Bytes!)

"LO! Behold the majesty of the tall stone pointy things! Who knows their mystic secrets? Who cares? Not me anyhow." Rincewind, commenting on the Pyramids, Discworld 2.

"Stop beating around the bush. Someone hiding information from me is the sixth most dangerous thing in this world!" Alys Brangwyn, Phantasy Star 4. Probably a mistranslation of something to the line of "When someone hides information from me, I'm the sixth most dangerous thing in the world."

"How strange! It's raining machines!" Raja, Phantasy Star 4, after the shuttle carrying the main group crashes on his temple-house.

"An droid, the droid, whatever." Raja, Phantasy Star 4, after Wren says he's not a mechanical doll but an Android.

"Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man... Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume that what you see and feel is real!" Doreen, Chrono Trigger

"'The Mystery of Life' Vol. 841, Ch. 26. All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...at least for now." Book by Belthasar, the Guru of Time, Chrono Trigger. (Because anything that involves Nus pwns.)

"Shields up, weapons online... Not equipped with shields? Well, then buckle up." Terran Battlecruiser Captain, Starcraft

"In case of a water landing, you may be used as a floation device." Terran Dropship Pilot, Starcraft

"If it weren't for these damned neural implants, you'd be a smoking crater by now." Terran Marine, Starcraft

"I'm about to drop the hammer and dispense some indiscriminate justice!" Terran Arclite Siege-Tank, Starcraft.

"What IS your major malfunction?!" Terran Arclite Siege-Tank, Starcraft.

"Who set all these lab monkeys free?" Terran Explorer-Class Science Vessel, Starcraft

"Do any of you fools know how to shut off this infernal contraption?" Terran Explorer-Class Science Vessel, Starcraft

"Checklist protocol... initiated. Running level 1 diagnostic. U.S.D.A. selected. F.D.I.C. approved. Checklist completed.. S.O.B." Terran Goliath, Starcraft

"This is very interesting... but stupid." The Valkyrie Pilot, StarCraft: Brood War

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989

Captain, I'm detecting high quantities of win in this sector. :p

Here's something from a sign in Earthbound (Mother 2)

Once a dungeon is built, monsters always start moving in.

"I'm about to drop the hammer and dispense some indiscriminate justice!" Terran Arclite Siege-Tank, Starcraft."

classic =] most of the starcraft annoyed quotes do pwn. but i still like my name for most of my pets in WoW....MyLittlePwny, especially on cats.

Excerpt from when Cranky Kong gives you the Super Duper Simian Slam Potion:
"This is the last potion you'll be getting from me. Now scram and leave me in peace!"

[quote author= Phil, Kingdom Hearts 2]Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back! Get on the Hydra's Back![/quote]

[quote author= The King of All Cosmos, Katamari Damacy]Does the prince like vibration?[/quote]

Space Quest 6 By Sierra Entertainment said:
Manuel: I am 97.2% certain.
Roger: Why only 97.2%?
Manuel: I only said 97.2% to sound more hip to our audience. It's better than saying 100%.
Roger: Oh, sorry.
Manuel: Don't apologize to me. It's the folks playing that you've ruined it for.

My fave ^^:Space Quest 2 said:
Congradulations!You're the most bitchen adventure game player in the world!No,make that the entire universe!While all those other silly saps struggle and toil through puzzle after puzzle,you have found a way to cheat yourself to the end. Is America Great or what?

From FFVII (or another FF series game):
[quote author=Cid]
You SIT DOWN ON THAT GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKIN' CHAIR while YOU SIP YOUR GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKIN' TEA!
[/quote]
Wow, talk about bad-tempered Cid.

From Sonic RIDERS:
[quote author=Omochao]
Oh my gosh! Looks like *insert Tails/Wave/Cream here" has grown wings because she's flying!
[/quote]

Well, only Wave has wings though, she's a bird and has been stated in an obvious thing!

From Wind Waker
[quote author=WW Link]
Come ON!
[/quote]

Well, he only seems to have said one phrase his entire life.

I better pray... and I'm out.

*bangs door*

Colette: -Breaks the sheild barrier thinger and says, "Oh, I broke It I'm sorry."

Zelos: Little baby Collette I think I'm falling in love already.

Another Quote

Colette: Why Would you sneak out late anyway?

Zelos: Why don't I take you home tonight and show you.

"This world is one of sadness. Battle brings death. Death brings sorrow. The living may not hear them. Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake - the dead... are not silent."-the sorrow
metal gear solid 3:snake eater

"i hope you've learned something important"-sasha nein
"yes i have... shooting things is fun and useful!"- raz
from psychonauts

More Kingdom Hearts quotes
[quote author=King MIckey Mouse]Well, gosh, we don't hate the darkness, it's just...scary. But the World's made up of Light and Darkness. Ya Can't have one without the other. Kinda makes ya wonder why we're scared of the Dark.[/quote]

[quote author=Xemnas]Heroes from the realm of light, I wiil not allow it to end this way, not yet. If Light and Darkness are Eternal, than surely we Nothings must be the same...Eternaaaaal[/quote]
My God, Xemnas takes forever to talk....

I'm already bored of this game. My Cubone and Charizard just rape everything.
not an in-game quote, Its a random comment from someone in my other forum on the POkemon series.

Jak: Where would you be without me, eh Dax?
Daxter: Well, I probably wouldn't be 2 feet tall, fuzzy, and running in a sewer without any pants... God, I miss pants.

[after Krew gives Jak a mission in the sewers]
Jak: Great, more mucking in the mud...
Daxter: I hate to burst your bathtub bubbles baby, but that ain't just mud down there.

Ashelin: Who the hell are you two?
Daxter: Mmm, I do love a woman in uniform. Wanna bark some orders at me? Woof woof! I'm your soldier on the front lines of love! Waiter, foxhole for two!
Ashelin: Keep talking and I'll raise your voice a couple of octaves.

From Jak 2

From Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga:
S.S. Chuckola Sailor: Man, Bloat is such an ostaf. His bones are so flabby, he's stuck in that crack in a wall...What? You don't know what an "ostaf" is? Try spelling it backwards!

From Secret Of Mana (one of my all-time favorite games)

Reindeer: Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause...And he'll turn into a bloodthirsty monster if you stop believing!

(The boss was the Ice Gigas, who was an EVIL Santa Clause!)

Some from Advance Wars: DS:
"Today shall be the greatest of days, unless tomorrow is even greater!" ~Javier

"Allow me to slap the foe with extreme prejudice!" ~Javier

"We have pretty good chemistry, eh, 'Stache?" ~Jess
"Ah! She loves me..." ~Javier

Actually almost anything Javier says. XD Oh, and:

"Naturally. Only I can beat me. And I never do." ~Eagle

From Fire Emblem: Path of Radience:
"Um, Nasir, that's a girl." ~Ike

"That means you're twice as heavy as her, Mist!" ~Boyd

"Keep away from me, you filthy fat man!" ~Reyson

And last but not least... From Diamond and Pearl:
"THUD!!" ~Rival (and Palmer XD)

Advance Wars 2:

Andy "Woohoo! It'll be like a family reunion!"
Sami: "Andy! This is war! Do you think that's anything to be excited about?"

Flak: "Grr. Now you've done it, runt!"
Andy: "I'm not runt. My name's Andy!"

Andy: "What's an airport?"

AW1:
Andy: Is he the one who keeps calling me Junior?

AWDS:
"I'd tell you we cared, but then I'd be lying. And that would be wrong." ~Koal

All these quotes are from the Phoenix Wright games. (If you have not played either of them out in the US, or the 4 avalible in Japan, you are SERIOUSLY missing out. It's a great game. And everyone is not playing it T_T)

Phoenix: Well? This is why you opened your locker!
Marshall: Your right! Do you know why I opened my locker?
Phoenix:...?
Marshall: So I could stuff YOU in it!

Maya: You may not know this, Nick, but they call this a "tailcoat"
Phoenix: And they call this "the face of someone who already knew that"

Phoenix: Mr Wellington loves large bananas!!
Everyone Else: *Shocked faces*
Judge: *PENALTY!!*

Phoenix: (Nobody loves me...)

XD I LAUGHED SO HARD AT THAT ONE! We all love you, Phoenix...

April May: Revealing? Oooh, you'd like that, wouldn't you, Naughty Mr. Lawyer...

Judge: The witness will refrain from wonton winking!

Phoenix: (Words cannot describe how screwed I am)

Judge: So this is how caviar tastes! No wonder everybody rants about it! I thought it would taste something like pickled tapioca!
Phoenix: (How does pickled tapioca taste?)

I'm all done... for now >D

I have to return for vacation and look at my crapload of quotes from video games sitting at home >_>

I'm not sure if this counts...it's the opening cinematic...
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"~Illidan Stromrage, World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade.

"You will not find me some weak old man!" The Guildmaster before your Hero kills him... in a cutscene.(Fable)
"Richard! There's a ladder here! What do I do?" Solid Snake. (Metal Gear Acid)
"You can change the voices to the original Japanese voices... though it wont do you much good" ChiChi, (DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 options menu)
"Hey,gimme your ring!" Zell, (FF VIII)
"Now THIS is therapy!" Ashley Williams, shortly after getting his Chainsaw back (Evil Dead Regeneration)

And some just because they have to be here

"You could have been a Jill Sandwich!"- Barry Burton (Resident Evil)

"I AM ERROR"- Error (Links Adventure)

Some more awesome Advance Wars quotes;
"Jugger must... control-alt-delete." ~Jugger

"Kindle... beautiful. Kindle... genius. Kindle... arrogant. Er... Abort! Abort!" ~Jugger
"I'll try to forget you said that, tin man." ~Kindle

"Blue Screen of death!" ~Jugger

"I hope I'm not like that when I'm old..." ~Eagle

A few quotes, this one is from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness.
Laharl: I've never even heard of you. It's only a coincidence that we're here. You're just a tiny stepping stone on my path to the throne.
Vyers: *gasp* How dare you! I am the Dark Adonis Vy...
Laharl: Who gives a damn about you? Your new name is "Mid-Boss".
Vyers: Mi, Mi, Mid-Boss!?
Etna: Looks like you hurt his pride, Prince.

Yet another Disgaea quote.
Flonne: Um... But, I have a question for you guys.
Prism Red:A question? Go ahead, shoot!
Flonne: You call yourselves "Prism Rangers" but you only have 3 colors. That's not even enough for a rainbow.
Prism Red: Isn't it obvious? We don't have any friends! Being a hero is a lonely exsistance!! You got it!?
Etna: Are you sure there's not another reason why you don't have any friends?

And one from the sequel.
Flonne: *gulp* You don't look so great, Sir Laharl. What's wrong?
Laharl: What's wrong? Everything, that's what! Since you both left me, all I've been eating is canned tunafish! I'm wasting away here...

Status
Not open for further replies.