• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

If you could alter one thing....

I would like it that once you've beaten the Elite Four in Sinnoh, you go on to Hoenn, and then Johto, and then Kanto.

Like remember how in Johto, you beat the Elite Four then did everything in Kanto.

I think that would make the game a lot more diverse, fun, and challenging.

And I would have a Dark Type Gym Leader because they haven't had on yet.

And something that sounds drastic, why not different type starters?

Like a psychic,dark, fighting starter selection?

It might get boring with grass/fire/water all the time.

Trainer customization. Yes. Or at least be able to choose like 2 sprites of male and female and the other could be a rival or something.
I think there should be a Coordinator game. Just the contest aspects into one game. Kinda like Ranger.
Uh...Items actually showing up on your Pokemon in battle when you attach them would be cool.
Mystery Gift was fun, they need to re-implement that.
I'll add more when I think of it.​

Changing Snubbull and granbull's type to Dog or hound or something... they are definatly not faeries.

Oh and make Kecleon actually change color kinda like Arceus when he color changes.

I would make it so that the first Pokemon in your party would be out of it's Pokeball like Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow...I think that would be awesome^^ Also, this might sound weird, but I think certain Pokemon should be rideable, for example Arcanine, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Rapidash, Dodrio, etc. It's just a crazy idea.

Overall the riding idea would be great, that instead of a bike you get an HM that teachs your rideable pokemon how to carry you I guess.

Self boost to defensive stats I guess? since you have to be in shape to support someone :p Or it could be an ability of the rideable pokemon, so you have to catch one that has the ability in order to ride it.

PS: I just thought that it could be even faster then the bike. So you can have your bike and your arcanine.

Self boost to defensive stats I guess? since you have to be in shape to support someone :p Or it could be an ability of the rideable pokemon, so you have to catch one that has the ability in order to ride it.

PS: I just thought that it could be even faster then the bike. So you can have your bike and your arcanine.

Yeah when I first thought of the rideable Pokemon I was thinking of them having an ability... Maybe the HM could be a bit like Return????

I would alter ghost/dark pokemon combos.

I just think its unfair because, unless you have a pokemon that knows foresight, a fighting type move cant hit it and a bug type move wont be as effective as it could be. So, technacly, it has no weaknesses, and I think thats a little bit unfair.

no offence littlemiss sunshine but the whole ghost/pyschic thing is a whole part of the game play.

if you cant beat em, join em :p
try out some ghost pokemon, ill bet youll like em :p

A good special hit like say a stabbed surf can take them down, most dark types dont have great HP, particularly Sableye. Ok they have no pure weakness but they are far from invincible.

A good special hit like say a stabbed surf can take them down, most dark types dont have great HP, particularly Sableye. Ok they have no pure weakness but they are far from invincible.

I guess thats why my Gyrados can beat spirittomb with (if Im lucky) two hydropumps. I still think its a bit unfair that they have no pure weaknesses though. :/

who said anything about ghost/psychic?

im talking about ghost/dark type like Sableye.

Sableye's defense is not exactly world class so it's easily beaten. I can see where Spiritomb could cause problems but once again and as Jeydis said, it isn't invincible. I've had more problems with Pokemon that HAVE definite weaknesses than with Sableye or Spiritomb.

Something else I'd like to see fixed: I would like to introduce more special rock, fighting, and ground type moves to add more variety than there is now and more physical fire and electric moves to help out Flareon, Arcanine, Luxray and others in the next generation.

I really want Sceptile returned to its former glory. I think it lost out when it lost its signature Leaf Blade because Leaf Storm is a poor substitute in comparison. So I think Energy Ball should be a level up or move relearner move for Sceptile so you won't have to teach it via TM or holding Treeko's evolution until level 51.

I really want Sceptile returned to its former glory. I think it lost out when it lost its signature Leaf Blade because Leaf Storm is a poor substitute in comparison. So I think Energy Ball should be a level up or move relearner move for Sceptile so you won't have to teach it via TM or holding Treeko's evolution until level 51.
i know what you mean Sceptile was my most powerful pokemonon my team then when i got to my diomand it became weak

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I think I would alter the age of the character but I guess that would fall in the realm of trainer customizing wouldn't it? I know the trainer is supposed to be ten but I would rather play as an older character. It's probably wishful thnking though.
Yes, I'd like to play as a teenager or adult. This is, in some ways, the thing that annoys me the most. Because you'll be walking around the world and people will call you a "kid", and I think "No, I'm not!".

[quote author=Rocket X link=topic=3438.msg43333#msg43333 date=1199501730]
Since Gender differences were introduced, I don't see why there can't be other variations. Rare sprite variations, much like a Pikachu with scruffled fur on its head or perhaps a Zangoose with a scar would be interesting.
[/quote]
I wish that all Pokemon had a difference for male and female. Except the ones that are ungendered, they have an excuse ;).

[quote author=Gardevoir Master link=topic=3438.msg43354#msg43354 date=1199508790]
I'd make Nidoran Male and Nidoran Female a single species. Aside from maintaining the current number of Pokemon, I see no reason to keep them separate species. It just makes it harder to breed the male line. When they introduced Pokemon gender, and then sexual dimorphism, I thought, "Hey, maybe they'll make Nidoran one species this time." But no. They're still different creatures. They have Pokemon that evolve according to gender now, and Pokemon with multiple evolved forms, so why not?
[/quote]
Yes! This! Absolutely!

Also, Nidoking & Nidoqueen are still unbreedable - argh!

[quote author=diamondphantom link=topic=3438.msg43682#msg43682 date=1199752391]
It would also be cooler if pokemon could learn, like six attacks, seriously, I think four attacks are not enough,
[/quote]
I don't know about six, but I think five would be interesting. There have been too many times when I've known for certain what three moves should be, then essentially had to toss a coin for the fourth.

I also like the riding on Pokemon idea. We theoretically can do that now with Fly and Surf, but we don't really get to see it.

i agree with everyone else wanting customizable char.

but the main thing i want to alter is to keep a limited amount or pokemon especially legendaries.
there are too many legendary pokemon. i mean first they say some legendary pokemon is the strongest pokemon ever then you see some random new pokemon that is said to be the strongest pokemon ever and then a new gen. arrives and there is a new strongest...

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I breed-ed a Nidoking with a ditto and got a Nidoran Male. O_o

Its the Nidoqueen that seems to be unbreedable. ._.

[quote author=Gardevoir Master link=topic=3438.msg52067#msg52067 date=1205299727]
Unless I'm mistaken, Nidorina can't breed, either. So, basically, Nidoking can only breed with Nidorans. Seriously, WTF is up with that?
[/quote]

Yeah, you're both right. I meant to write Nidorina and Nidoqueen.

It is extremely messed up. They "fixed" Nidoking so he could breed (semi-ironic use of the word there, as "fixing" an animal is what you do if you want it to not be able to breed!), but left Nidorina and Nidoqueen in the No Eggs group for absolutely no good earthly reason. It's annoying, because it means the move Superpower is impossible to obtain on some Pokemon that have it as an Egg Move.

I don't get why some Pokemon have impossible Egg Moves, unless it's a "this egg chain left blank for future expansion" type thing. Hrm.

so, when Nidorans go through evolution, they become steral? O_o

then what was that whole Nidoqueen breeding with rhydon (or whas it rhyhorn?) in the Mewtwo returns movie?

Um, I don't think Nidoqueen breeded with a Rhyhorn (yes, it was a Rhyhorn) I just think that they were the two mothers watching their young and the males were off somewhere.

And with the age thing: YES BABY YES!!!! It really annoys me that my caharcter always stays 10 and I'm thinking: 'Oh my god, why am I playing a character this young?! All of my RP cahacters are years older than this! And some are even younger!!' But, I definetly like the age idea.