• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join If Pokemon Was Realistic

What if the world of Pokemon was actually reasonable? What if trainers DID age (AHEM ASH KETCHUP) and went to school, college, and later got married? This is an RP where trainers meet friends in their childhood and teenage years, follow their dreams in college, and later find their soul mate. Have I piqued your curiosity yet? Good. Here are the rules.
1. Please don't cuss. Please? K.
2. In the stage of romance, please keep it clean and PG.
3. When replying to a comment, please write a paragraph, for your sake and the sake of others.
4. Quoted by school field trip rules.... HAVE FUN!!!

Alright, time for form!

Name:
Age: Everyone starts at age 5 (Kindergarten), but to make things less boring, the same day of the month you join this thread will be your birthday, and years pass every, well, year. So, if you joined this RP on November 26, your birthday would be December 26, and so on.
Partner: The Pokemon you start with (Please use a 1st stage Pokemon, and no legendaries. People don't want to meet a toddler who has a Dialga. That's just boring.)
Friends: You can make more than 1 character and have them all be friends, or meet them on the way.
Personality:
Appearance:

Here's mine as an example.
Name: Benjamin Crain
Partner: Gible
Friends: Silvania
Personality: Mature, Calm, Humorous, Loyal to friends
Appearance: Short black hair brushed to the right, amber eyes that attract most girls, black tee, navy jeans, grey shoes

Want to join? Just start a private conversation with me, tell me you want to join, send me your character form, and I'll tell you if you're accepted!

Last edited:
Name: Silvania
Partner: Fennekin
Friends: Hopefully Ben (If he exists here <.>)
Personality: Energetic, Enthusiastic, Jumpy
Appearance: Brown/blond hair, white (Slightly tanned) skin, a few freckles, turquoise eyes, always seems to wear orange.
Time for some OTP love...

Age: 5 . I just added this to remind me, Birthday: Monday
name: Dominic
partner: Pancham
friends: NONE :(
personality: fierce if ANYTHING happens to his pancham he will investigate anything, anyone, and any pokemon.
appearance: blue hair, bracelet with Z-Crystal, deep blue shirt with a pangoro on it, ripped jeans, diamond necklace.

Dominic woke up in the hospital on his 5th birthday after trying to catch a pidgeot which used whirlwind which made him go flying and hit his head on a tree which knocked him out his pancham quickly rushed him to the hospital...

Ben woke up with a start. Today was is 5th birthday! He was so old. Soon, he'd know how to drive a car! But, for now, he had to deal with the first day of first grade; wow, everything was a first this year! He leaped out of bed, got ready in a hurry, inhaled his eggs and bacon, and leaped out the door with the cupcakes he was planning to share. He dashed to the bus stop, then came to a skidding halt as he stopped right next to the sign, waiting for the bus to come. Hopefully he would already make some friends before school started.

Silvania had already been picked up on the bus from a few blocks down. She pressed her face up against the window, cheeks sprawling out as if she was a fish. She stared out the glass at Ben. He had been in her kindergarten class last year, and she was very skittish about the first day, until she saw him outside. "Beeeeeen!" She yelped through the glass.

Ah, finally! The bus was here! He quickly got on, then stopped short as he heard a familiar voice cut through the noise. "BEN!"
Ben looked throughout the crowd of students until he saw her. Silvania. They had been in kindergarten last year, and became best friends ever since. "Hey!" he greeted enthusiastically. "What teacher do you have? I got Miss Brown."

A tiny Pidove sat on the stop sign and chirped constantly, as Spyro, her fennekin barked anxiously at it. Silvania squealed in excitement. "Me too! I hear lots of people got Mr. Archad, so I'm suuuuuuper lucky to get miss brown with you!"

Dominic skipped his first and second day of school because of his head so he decided to go and wonder in a forest away from home with only pancham and one pokeball

"Alright!" Ben cheered. "It'll be fun having you in my class again. I wonder who else has Miss Brown." As they arrived, Ben called his Gible to his side, yet Gible preferred to land on his head, as he usually did. Together with Silvania, they walked to school. As they arrived, the principal greeted everyone coming in. "Hey, Ben!" Principal Nichols greeted. "Are you ready for 1st grade? It's gonna be great!" Then, Principal Nichols noticed Silvania walking alongside him. "Hey Ben," Principal Nichols whispered. He flashed him a thumbs-up. Ben shot him a disgusted look. For now, Silvania was just a friend. Finally, the two arrived in front of Miss Brown's room.

Birthday: Tuesday
Name: Ajax Regium
Partner: Ralts-Male- Named Apollo
Friends: None
Personality: Takes pride in his intelligence, likes books, but not a knowitall. Cheerful and enthusiastic,
Appearance: Spiked black hair, light blue eyes, tan skin, wears jeans and various plain t-shirts (typically grey or navy blue), silver watch with a leather strap.

"You ready Apollo?"
"Ra-lts!"
"Alright use teleport!"
And with that Ajax and Apollo teleported to their new school, or so they thought they would.

"Aww, we teleported nearly 4 blocks away? Oh well, at least it's closer! Nice try Apollo."
"Ralts!" Apollo said as he shrugged his shoulders.

Upon arrival he discovered a small stream of kids flowing into the school building. He followed suit, casually walking towards his teacher's, Miss Brown, classroom with Apollo loyally by his side. Upon arrival he sat down at the desk with his name tag, and observed the people in the room, deciding who he would want to be friends with, but more importantly, who would give him a run for his money in intellect.

Elise walked down the hall, taking in the scenery. First grade... Elise lightened up at the thought, she'd be here for a long time, learning about everything. She was lost in thought until she quickly halted infront of two students, Miss Brown's classroom it read. Here she was, about to start school.. She waited until the other two to open the door, It would seem rude if she pushed past...

((Go principal go. x'D To delta))
Silvania's hands wouldn't stop moving, she was so excited. The rim of her tan shirt was still covered in cereal from this morning, her favorite kind, Oshwatt O's. She looked at the door anxiously and turned the handle before ben got the chance, wanting to burst into her room and greet everybody - but no one was there but Miss Brown. And a couple kids who didn't seem interesting. " Awww, where is everybody?" She whined. She hadn't even noticed the child behind them.

"Hey, don't worry," Ben comforted her. "I'm positive people will turn up." he noticed a kid sitting at a desk and one right behind them. "See, students are here already!" He turned around to face the one behind him. "Hi! I'm Benjamin, but you can call me Ben, and this is my partner, Gible!" Gible waved his stubby arm in greeting.

Spyro only barked. And barked. AAaaaaand barked. Silvania finally shushed him with a wagging of her finger in his face, and he fell back and sat, panting. Silvania decided it would be best to stay right by Ben's side. "I'm hoping this class will be fun like it was last year. Remember the macoroni art?" She whispered into his ear.

"Oh, yeah!" Ben laughed at the thought. "We would ask for that all the time." He walked over to the kid sitting at his desk. "Hey! I'm Ben, and this is my partner, Gib--" Suddenly, the door swung open, and Miss Brown walked into the room. "Alright!" She said, smiling. "Are we still waiting for more amazing students?" Yeah, Ben thought, she was a little ditzy, but at least she wasn't one of those strict teachers. He looked for his desk, then noticed the name next to his. "Oh, cool! Silvania, you're sitting next to me! Isn't that awesome?"

"Yaaay! Were having the best of luck today!" She sat down, and instructed Spyro to sit in her large backpack. She swung the thing under her desk and sat down, clicking her sneakers impatiently as she waited for instructions.

(OOC: Alright)
Miss Brown stood at the front of the room. "Alright class, since today is the first day of school, what I want for each of you to do is to come up to the front of the room and tell us a little about yourself. Let's start with....." she checked the attendance sheet, then looked up. "Ajax Regium? Is Ajax here?"

"Ya I'm here!" said Ajax. He walked up to the front of the room. "Hey my names Ajax, my partner is Apollo, and we just moved into town. I like reading books and being in Pokémon battles! Thanks!" He then went back to his desk.

"Alright," Miss Brown said, smiling. She checked the sheet again. "Next is..... Silvania Omain? Silvania, where are you?" Ben nudged Silvania. "That's you, Sil'," he whispered.

Elise shook nervously, she would probably be next.. she then felt her rotom settle between her arms, almost lookling like a hug, except he was facing forward.. She looked around at the two children who were called.. That boy was ajax... but which one was Silvania? she pondered for a moment...

Silvania jumped from her chair in excitement, and spyro started barking again. She hushed him and ran up next to Miss Brown. "My name is Silvania Paige Omain and..." She tapped her foot lightly and spyro suddenly sprung out of her bag at the sound and ran over. "This is Spyro, my fennekin! Say Hi spyro!" Spyro barked, and Silvania giggled. "I really like going to the park and the beach and stuff." She finished quickly and hopped enthusiastically back to her seat.

Miss Brown giggled. "Okay, very nice, Silvania." She checked the seating chart. "Next we have, uh, Benjamin Crain? Ben, are you here?"

Ben rose from his desk and beckoned for Gible to come with him. "Hi, guys! My name's Ben. Over here.." Gible leaped onto Ben's head. "This right here is Gible! I named him Sharptooth because when I got him he bit my hand. It hurt, but I didn't mind because he showed me how strong he could be! I also like pizza and the color indigo." Ben went back to his seat and whispered to Silvania, "How was that?"

Finally, Miss Brown called out the last name. "Elise? Is Elise here?"

She clapped in reply and smiled widely. (Btw her fave color is Turquoise :p) Then she looked around for Elise. All these people! She could be friends with all of them!

Elise's heart hammered in her chest... It couldnt be that bad could it? All the other children stepped up there without a problem... Elise slumped down in her chair, and bolted up as she remembered her name was called, and walked over to the front of the room. "H-hello, my name is Elise and I enjoy r-reading, gardening, and studying. And this is my rotom, Carrousel. "

Ben clapped as loud as he could. Frightened as Elise might have been, Ben knew she would open up later in 1st grade. This year was gonna be great!
He brought out a plastic bag. "Just to celebrate the first day of school, I brought some cupcakes! There's vanilla and chocolate, so everyone's happy. Miss Brown! You can have one too!"

"Oh, too bad." She turned and saw the Ralts and giggled. "Hello there!" She handed him a vanilla cupcake, then began nomming on her own.

"Everyone take 2!" Ben said, beaming. "Sorry about that, Ajax, but I'll be happy to give one to Apollo! Allergies are tough." He turned to Elise. "Hey! Want one?"

"Uh.. s-sure." Elise replied as she felt all their eyes trained on her. She took one, and so did rotom, they ate through them silently, as Elise looked around the colorful room full of all kinds of things. Elise looked to rotom, but he was still stuffing himself with the cupcake. "Thanks." Elise replied to Ben.

"You're welcome!" Ben said cheerfully. "You know, I remember being this shy on the first day too. It's okay. You just need some time." Ben smiled. "Soon, you'll be friends with everyone!"