• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Icy Roses (Romance rp)

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James walked back to where he was earlier, in his blue scarf and other cold-weather clothing. He noticed the den. "Woah... H-how d-did you m-make this?" clouds formed from his breath.

Jay looked over to the Oshawott. He scowled and ran over to the woods again, grabbed a Lum Berry, and brought it back. Then he used Thunder Shock on the Oshawott and tossed the Lum Berry between them. "Sorry...that attack is really growing on me." he sighed. "Warm yet?"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"I wore clothes to not be cold..." He looked over at Jay. "Maybe you should stop doing that." He chuckled a bit. He sat down on the floor, he didn't know what to say or do again. The scarf made him look quite fashionable, and cute.

E-easy.” She went towards a tree, using Hydro Pump on it and watching it freeze due to the cold weather. “First, you need to s-somehow freeze t-the bottom of a t-tree.” She said, soon jumping on the frozen ice to break it. “T-Th-then you break the ice, w-which would break t-the inside of the t—ree and the frozen s-soil would be gone.” She stepped in the broken part of the inside of the small tree. “Y-you need a t-tree as big as mine if y-you want it to fit fo-or you.” Splash stepped back outside looking dead at the ground, and then soon back at Jay. “A-are you su-supposed to be away f-fro-m me because technically your nerves are “N-nervous.” She finished.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"C-cool, b-but I c-can't actually u-use w-water moves..." He blushed nervously in embarrassment. "Good thing I-i h-h-have a cabin." He sat down on the floor. That was one of the things that made him embarrassed. He was a water type that could not use water, or basically any strong move. He's useless in battle. He can't use water, because that is just one of the things wrong with him, like his size. Birth defects.

"Oh, that? I was just kidding. Cool house by the way." he said, turning around. And Beck landed in front of him. "B-Beck? What are you doing here?" asked Jay. "Oh, I was just on my lively stroll through the grasslands-I WAS WATCHING YOU!!" he yelled. "Well, okay, Beck, calm down..." Jay started as Beck charged up a Flame Wheel. "Man, it's like every time I'm not perfect you always--" he was interrupted by the swift tackle to the stomach from Beck's Flame Wheel. It's like the blow came in slow motion from the amount of force Beck used. The hit knocked Jay back so much it cut through 5 trees before finally hitting a big one. Jay was so hurt he could barely speak. "O-okay, a little too much on the Flame Wheel there. Remember, my face is supposed to be yellow, not black and blue..." he said before fainting...again. "Hmph." Beck walked away.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(Little confusing, @DopeLeafeon470 can you separate when you are different characters. It's hard to tell.)
"Well Jay was here, and now he's gone..." James chuckled slightly, but quietly. Being in the same area with another shy Pokemon made him feel more at ease. "So..." James didn't know what to say anymore.

Splash looked at the damage the Flame Wheel did to her den and four more trees. “W-what Just h-happened.” She asked James. A lot of questions was happening in her head like: “Who is this Beck character?” And “Why did Beck attack Jay?”. Concerned of Jays heath, she grabbed her healing supplies from the remains of her den, then she carried James on her back and ran towards Jay. “W-what ha-happened!” Splash said while giving Jay a Revive and a few Sitrus Berries.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James suddenly realizing he was being carried on Splash's back, he was shocked. "WHERE ARE WE GOING?" He held on for dear life. Even though he was easy to carry, he really hated being carried in such a way, but he calmed down. "I don't what the heck just happened. I don't know anyone here."

Beck cracked his knuckles and ran towards Jay.

After gulping the last berry, Jay replied. "Beck is one of my...uh...comrades. He's...easily angered." he explained. "And loves to battle. Not the kind of guy you wanna mess with." he grunted, getting up. When he saw Beck running towards him, he smirked. "Don't cue the music or anything. This won't take long."

When Beck was close, he used Flamethrower.

Jay used Quick Attack to dodge it. Then he used Thunderbolt.

Beck dodged that attack and ran towards Jay, grabbed his two legs, spun around, and threw him against a tree. "Dude, why are you getting so worked up about this?" asked Jay, not doing so good health-wise.

"Because boss would KILL you if he knew you were standing idle!" Beck replied. "So I'LL do the killing FOR him." he said. "Boss said he didn't want you anyway."

"What?" Jay summoned a bolt of thunder from the sky, which Beck dodged of course. "I wouldn't be alive if I wasn't with the boys! Why would he say that?" he asked.

"Because you don't do your job right! You always forget it's your turn to steal food, you're always joking around, and you're about as strong as a Rattata!" Beck explained. "He never wanted you there! He just wanted you to join the thieves because he didn't have many at the time!"

There was a long moment of silence. Beck broke the silence by charging up a Flame Wheel to hit the vulnerable Jay.

Jay was so hurt he couldn't move. "Well...see ya life."

(Better make Beck my only guy if nothing happens :/
Just saying)

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James backed away, fire was only inches away from his face, which scared him. The tip of his scarf caught fire, which he was able to put out. This was a situation he wanted nothing to do with, so he backed up more. Paralyzed from fear as electricity, and fire flew by his face. "I'm just- uh..." Again, he did not know what to do.

Splash looked at Beck’s facial expression after Jay was taken out by the last Flame Wheel. She recognized that look, it was the same look a savage Machoke had before it destroyed the car her former trainer was in, causing Splash to get new legs affecting her appearance. “Has Beck met the Machoke?” She thought. Not thinking, she stood up for Jay and shot a Hydro Pump at Beck. “F-for your information, y-your additude is making y-you sound aw-fully weak, and I will prove it!” She retorted, still feeling a bit nervous but at the same time, a bit confident.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Seeing Splash attack Beck, he was kind of nervous. Now if only he could of been of use, but he couldn't battle to save his life. He just watched, scared, yet nervous that he would be attacked. He couldn't fight back. At all. It was embarrassing for him. He was weak, and he knew it, but he tried to hide it.

"What's going on..." He mumbled to himself.

(1 hour later...)

Last edited:
"Psh. You little Vaporeon don't have any common sense, do you?" asked Beck. "Weell, if you're standing in my way, good luck with that!" as the quills on Quilava's back caught on fire, and the snow around him melted. "I'LL SHOW YOU THE TRUE MEANING OF PO--" He was interrupted by a shock that made him fall down.

Jay blew his finger. "Us thieves have our tricks." he said. "Like I said, this wouldn't take long."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James noticed beck collapse, but again could do nothing about it. He just sat there, watching, because the fight had blocked up the exits, otherwise he would just run away. He tried to act as if attacks weren't done directly in front of his face, but that's hard. He continued to sit there, doing nothing.

(I had a feeling Beck was in the Cyndaquil Line, I guess I was right!)
Splash laughed and tried to add on what Beck was saying. “I t-think Beck meant t-to day was...” She tried her best impression on Beck. “I will s-show you the t-true meaning o-of failure!” Splash kicked snow onto the Quilava face and went back to Jay’s side. “N-nice f-fake.” Splash commented, starting to feel a little bit confident for every word.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"W-w-hat's g-g-oing on?" James was very nervous from the epic battle happening in front of him. He couldn't take it anymore. One lone teardrop rolled down his face. "Wh-y a-ar-e y-you f-f-igh-ting...?". He didn't want to seem weak by admitting he was scared, but it radiated out from him. "P-p-ple-ase s-s-stop..."

(I think I said it was a Quilava. Did I?)
"Well, like I said before, we thieves have our tricks up our many sleeves." he laughed.

Then Beck coughed. "That is the LAST time I fall for that!" said Beck.

"And you call ME a bad person for doing my job." snickered Jay.

"Where did you EVEN learn that?" asked Beck.

"Easy. I've seen an Italian plumber use it before. It's called the Thunderhand technique I think." answered Jay. "I wonder what other moves I can learn..." Jay wondered. "Well. Since I've proved I'm the more intelligent Pokemon of this duo, how about you go back to base and I'll meet you there?" asked Jay.

"...fine." Beck slowly walked away.

Jay looked over to the Oshawott. "Jeez! This stuff is scarring you for life, huh? By the way, I never caught your name..." said Jay.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"James." He murmured. James was a lot calmer now, the battle seemed to be over. He blushed with embarrassment. "Well, t-try being small and -". He was going to say weak, but stopped, glowing red with embarrassed. He was weak, but he didn't want to announce that to the whole word. He stopped talking, and zipped his mouth.

"Aw, that's okay. I get bullied a lot for my size too. At least to Max. Who, if you don't know, is a colossal Pangoro. Who I'm scared of." said Jay. "Everyone's scared of something."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
He stopped glowing red and sighed, a cloud forming from his breath. He remained speechless, or motionless. He still sat there, thinking, but no-one knows what he was thinking about. At least this fight was over, and he could relax. He finally muttered under his breath, sadly, "It's hard for me...". He thought no-one herd him, but he wouldn't be able to tell. "I can't fight at all...". He said no more, he didn't want to embarrass himself more. He put his head down in shame, more like the James he used to be. A wave of sadness hit him. He did say more. "And I get so worked up with little things like this..." It was true. Now he was really sad because of a joke Jay made. He over-reacted too much, and he was also just way too hard on himself. He suddenly thought about relationships, and well, that didn't turn out well. He ran out of the den, well as fast as his little feet could take him in the thick snow, and rushed to his cabin, went in, and locked the door. He wept on the bed because of his sheer uselessness. He could barely do anything, he was a waste of space, energy, and food. James thought that no-one understood him. He was embarrassed of his very existence. He wanted to die. How has a fun trip to a winter wonderland degraded so quickly? It was something wrong with him. All of these things that just happened were partially because James was there...

Last edited:
Geo walked through the town. He seemed to be unaware of the events that had happened previously. He came upon a group that was made up of a Jolteon, a Vaporeon, and an Oshawott. "Excuse me." He said. "Did I miss something?"

Lorelei sighed as she looked at the snow, reminiscing about her time in the mountains. Though a Pokemon like her would normally feel out of place in this snowy landscape, this was not the case for her. Lorelei was just as comfortable in the snow as she was in the normal conditions that her species preferred. She smiled to herself. Then she continued to walk through town.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James decided that dwelling on depressing thoughts wasn't good for him. He put on his little knitted scarf, which was slightly burned on the tips because of the previous battle. He left his cabin. James slowly walked backed to the now destroyed den. Well, he actually stayed away from it. He lurked around it, but he didn't go too close to the den. He fell back into the snow and gazed up at the sky.

Last edited:
Jay looked at James. "Ha!" He laughed and walked up to him. "Don't worry about that." He noogied him. He looked over to a tree. He tackled it, causing the snow to fall over. Instinctively, he struck it with lightning, melting it. The water hit the snow, which made the snow melt as well as all the snow around it, and the snow turned to water. "That's your cue." He nodded at James.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
The snow melted directly on top of James, startling him. He got up, his back ached, "My cue for what?" James didn't understand. He inched a bit back from Jay. "How did you even find me here?" James questioned Jay. "And why did you zap a tree in front of me, I could of died!" James was a bit angry, but secretly embarrassed. He didn't want to portray any more of his sheer weakness.

"That's your cue to gather up all the water and use it on the fire!" He said. "You...you CAN use water moves, right?" He asked jokingly. "Well...I can use a move that doesn't exist, so..."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
He said nothing. He couldn't use water moves. He couldn't do anything. He wanted to seem strong, so he shut his mouth. He sat there awkwardly. He poked at the snow, blushing with embarrassment.