• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Icy Roses (Romance rp)

Ember Village was always a village where Pokemon hated each other, and it was always every Pokemon for themselves, whether they were young, old, weak, or very ill. One day, however, a Froslass visited the village. Many were confused as to why the Froslass had came, as Froslasses were part ice type, and Ember Village was known for constantly being warm, which most ice types disliked. The Froslass said that she had watched over the village for quite a long time, and was sick of everyone's constant hatred, and said that she would curse the village if they didn't stop being hateful and cruel towards everyone and each other. When the inhabitants of the village chose to ignore her, the Froslass cursed the village, turning it from the constantly warm village, to an icy and cold village where it almost always snowed. The Froslass said that she would remove the curse, but only if the inhabitants showed enough love and care towards each other and others. Since the day the Froslass cursed Ember Village, many Pokemon have moved away, and new Pokemon arrive often to see the snow. The village has also became known as the village of love, which is the reason some Pokemon come to visit or live there.

If you want to join, go here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/icy-roses-romance-rp-discussion-sign-ups.18019/
---
Blueberry sighed as he walked through the village. He had moved to Ember Village three weeks ago due to loving the snow, plus the fact it was known as the village of love, but so far, he had no luck finding anyone he really liked. Most of the Pokemon he had met that he really liked already had someone, so that didn't help much either. "Probably should get some hot chocolate at the store before going home." Blueberry mumbled to himself quietly.

At the entrance of the village, there was a red Gardevoir named Sorrel that crossed through it. Sorrel came to Ember Village because she heard so many great things about it. "Wow, it's true what I've heard. This village really does look lovely," she said as she started walking around.

Shortly after Sorrel’s appearance, Dawn followed. He had never experienced snow before, well, not in Alola. He checked out the place, looking at all the stores and the big snowman in the middle of the city. “Wow, I had never seen snow before!” Dawn gasped. When he started to calm down, he walked some more.

Jay walked up to a hut that sold food. Apples, especially. "Excuse me." he said. The Psyduck looked up. "Can you tell me the difference between a good apple and a rotten one?" he asked. The Psyduck nodded and reached down to grab two apples. This was his chance. He grabbed an apple from the stock and ran off. The Psyduck ran after him. "Crap!" said Jay, as he maneuvered and weaved through the crows flawlessly. "Ha ha!" Jay looked behind him. Then he looked in front of him again. And he was running into the forest. There was a tree in front of him too big to pass now. He held his breath in attempt for a Pin Missile to cut down the tree. "Come on, come on..." he tried harder, and he felt sparks, but they weren't enough and his head slammed into the tree. And sudden;y everything went black.

Electro walked through the gate looking at the snow "So this is what snow looks like!" Electro's eyes were stars as he watched the snowflakes fall onto the cold hard ground "Hmm I'm gonna go meet some of the Pokemon around here" Electro walked over to a Red Gardevoir.

Sorrel looked around the village in amazement. She then turned to a Lycanroc in its Dusk form walking towards her. "Hello, who might be?" She asked with a smile.

Jay walked up to a hut that sold food. Apples, especially. "Excuse me." he said. The Psyduck looked up. "Can you tell me the difference between a good apple and a rotten one?" he asked. The Psyduck nodded and reached down to grab two apples. This was his chance. He grabbed an apple from the stock and ran off. The Psyduck ran after him. "Crap!" said Jay, as he maneuvered and weaved through the crows flawlessly. "Ha ha!" Jay looked behind him. Then he looked in front of him again. And he was running into the forest. There was a tree in front of him too big to pass now. He held his breath in attempt for a Pin Missile to cut down the tree. "Come on, come on..." he tried harder, and he felt sparks, but they weren't enough and his head slammed into the tree. And sudden;y everything went black.

Splash decided to come to Ember city. She heard the legends of the Froslass that put a curse to the city, she decided to see it herself, soon reaching the forest after a long walk. When she reached halfway through the forest, she walked under a tree that got hit by something very quick.
The tree soon tipped on her. “Ahh!” He yelped as she nearly got hit. When the smoke cleared, she saw a Jolteon laying on the ground with a apple and a huge bruise on his head. She tapped his paw. “A-are y-y-you ok?” She asked.

Jay just lied there. Little by little, he opened his eyes. He slowly got up and checked his paws. He didn't have the apple anymore. "Well...no dinner for me tonight." he sighed. Then he looked to his left, and saw another Pokemon. "Uhhhh!" he said, making one of those noises when you get jumpscared. "Uh...can I help you?" he asked.

Rex

Resident Furry
He sat at a cafe near the center of town. It was quiet, off hours, but even at its busiest the place couldn't even compare to what it once got, 'before the snow started' as the cafe owner put it. The silence was only broken by the sound of a pen scratching on paper. The Dewott was sitting at a table near the window, working by the day's light. The unblinking eyes of the Unown on the page stared up at him. On his right, an inkwell half full of ink. On the other side of the inkwell, a small stack of finished papers. On his left, a still mostly full cup of coffee. On the other side of that, a larger stack of blank sheets.

The top half of the sheet in front of him was dominated by a sketched out scene. Buildings standing on a stone bridge in the distance, with a river flowing underneath it, growing larger as it got closer. Underneath this was where he was presently writing, having taken up maybe a quarter of the remaining space with small, precise characters. Ultimately, he reached a point where his pen began to run low on ink, and set it into the inkwell with a sigh. He had been at this for some time now, it was hard work.

He took a sip from his drink, which was lukewarm at best by this point, and then stretched. The bandages wrapped around his torso pulled at his fur as he did so, he'd dressed up as he usually did before heading out that morning, and hadn't even taken his hat off when he reached the cafe. His glasses, too, sat perched on his muzzle. The Dewott hadn't expected he'd get so engrossed in the work, and had honestly forgotten that his vision was tinted orange. He brushed his hands against his pants, leaving some minor ink stains as he did, then picked up his pen again. He was this far along, and still had a number of pages left to do. No point stopping now.

Last edited:
Jay just lied there. Little by little, he opened his eyes. He slowly got up and checked his paws. He didn't have the apple anymore. "Well...no dinner for me tonight." he sighed. Then he looked to his left, and saw another Pokemon. "Uhhhh!" he said, making one of those noises when you get jumpscared. "Uh...can I help you?" he asked.

Splash tucked away her legs with her tail, and then responded. “S-Sorry, you j-just look a l-little bit hurt. Ummm...” Splash looked at the Jolteon’s forehead, seeing the bruise on it. “You have a mark, ummm... on your head.” She replied shortly.

Jay looked up. He felt something throbbing on his head. "I've touched an Ice-Type before..." Jay pointed to his turquoise-colored arm with the bandage wrapped around it. "I'm sure I can do this." he ran into the woods, looking for berries. "Pecha Berries...Rawst Berries...aha! Oran Berries!" said Jay as he nabbed one off the bushes and started nibbling on it. Once he finished it, the bruise seemingly disappeared. "See? I'm fine." he said, walking back.

Splash turned around and looked at his forehead, it was gone, but it was still red. “Y-you need food, if y-you w-w-want that red s-spot away.” Splash took 2 apples from the snow, and cleaned them with a Hydro Pump. She brought the apples back to Jay. “Here y-you go, s-sir...” She blushed.

Jay's eyes widened. "H-how did you get those?" he asked, slowly taking them and started nibbling on them, savoring them. "Also, why are you acting so nervous?" he asked. "There ain't nothing to worry about here. I mean, unless you're a chill thief like me. And you don't have to call me sir." he said, finishing half of one. The red spot started to go away.

Splash blushed in embarrassment. “S-sorry...” She started to look down at the snow, then slowly back up. “M-my names Splash, a-and I m-may be a bit s-shy.” Splash looked at the apple the Jolteon was nibbling. “If y-you want, I c-can bu-y you some from t-the store.” She said sweetly.

"Thanks, but you've already gone through enough trouble to get me these two." he said, balancing one on his head. Then when he was finished chewing, he bumped it up and used Thundershock to slice it up, and all four pieces plopped right into his mouth. "Mmm..." he said, starting his second one when he swallowed all four.

Splash looked at the apples Jay sliced up. H-how do you do that?” She asked, her tone being surprised. “T-the electric t-types I’ve met h-haven’t learned it.” Splash fixed his gaze to Jay when he started on the second one.

"Us thieves figure it out sooner or later. Plus I used to work for the circus before my parents...uh...went away." he said, continuing to chew. After a bit of idle, Jay said, "I-I'm sorry. I just like bragging about being an escape artist, I must be wasting your time."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James walked into the little village. He didn't come to find love, or to meet new people, he just liked snow. And coming from a bigger city far away, he liked the look of the quaint village. He didn't like interactions with other Pokemon much, and the big city gave him a lot of stress. Stress he did not enjoy one bit. There was a smile on his face, a rare occurrence, as he waded through the thick snow. "Wow." He was just coming for a small period of time, to see if he should move there, and he already decided. He nodded his head, and began for the cottage he was staying at, holding a small bag full of sea food, and little things he would need, as well as just personal items such as shells. It took him awhile, but he managed to get to his cabin, and put everything down to open the door. He stepped in, threw everything down, and ran out to jump into the snow. He loved it here.

Last edited:
"Us thieves figure it out sooner or later. Plus I used to work for the circus before my parents...uh...went away." he said, continuing to chew. After a bit of idle, Jay said, "I-I'm sorry. I just like bragging about being an escape artist, I must be wasting your time."

“No,no it’s o-ok, H-honest.” Splash calmed down, she knew that, this early, she might had already found a friend. “O-oh and I d-didn’t catch y-your name.” She replied as her tail battered on the snow behind her, brushing away the snow making her tail move again.

"Oh yeah, the name's Jay." he said. Then he heard voices behind him. Like "Ay! There 'e is!" and "Hey kid! Get over here!" and he heard running footsteps behind him. "Well, uh, maybe we can hang out sometime." he said. "But now I need to hide. Those palookas over there are bullies. They'll go easy on pretty girls like you. See ya!" Jay ran away like the flash and dived into a barrel.

Later, a Pangoro and a Shelmet ran over to Splash. "Where did HE go?" he asked, cracking his knuckles. "Y-yeah, where did 'e go?" said the Shelmet, trying to act intimidating.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James decided to explore the snowy village a bit more, because for him it was a wonderful winter wonderland. His head barely sticked out of the snow. He almost froze, but he pushed on, and tripped into Splash, and the group of Pokemon huddled around her, because of the thick snow. James backed off and attempted to head back. "Sorry..." He mumbled, trying to avoid a conversation. This little exploration was already gone horribly wrong in his eyes. He blushed from embarrassment.

Last edited:
Splash stepped back, looking at the ground, tears started coming out of her eyes. “P-please, I d-don’t k-k-now where h-he went, please don’t h-hurt me.” She cried, soon looking back up at the Pangoro, which was standing taller than any Pangoro she had ever seen.

Dawn turned and looked at the pale, white sky, then back to his paws. “I guess I can only tell time by my forms.” He said, looking at his Midday paw knowing it was still daytime. He looked at a closed shop that sold apples. “I wonder where the owner is.” Dawn thought, looking at the snow he saw Psyduck footprints along with Pangoro and Shelmet footprints and began to follow.

Blueberry looked around, watching other Pokemon interacting with each other. He then turned and started to head towards the store. "Eh, no use in wasting my time just standing around." Blueberry thought. He wasn't paying much attention to where he was walking, until he tripped over a Leafeon. "Hey! Watch i- ...Autumn?" Blueberry asked in confusion, looking down at the Leafeon as he got off her. Autumn adjusted her hat. "Hello, Blueberry." Autumn said, stretching.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James thought that Splash didn't notice him, and just backed away like nothing happened. He plopped down on the deck of his small cabin, he thought about things. He decided that his almost fear of conversations shouldn't exist, and that he should go talk to someone, so he walked back to where everyone ways and nervously said, from a distance, "H-h-ello...". James started to sweat more and more. "Uh- I-i-m J-james..." The cold was also starting to get to him now. He started to feel more extremely hot in his chest, but numb in his arms and legs. He was hot because of the cold, which was weird to him. He just waited for the Pokemon to notice him, which it seemed like no-one did due to his head being barely out of the snow. He wondered if he should go back to his warm cabin, instead of the cold outdoors.

Edit: (*Is ignored*)

Last edited:
Pangoro laughed like Roadhog. "Pah! As if. Come on, Max. We still have to find 'im." Pangoro ran away like Bigfoot. Jay hopped out of the barrel and walked over to Splash. "Yo, stop shaking! Your nerves are making my nerves nervous!" Jay laughed.

Splash looked down at the snow, feeling bad for herself. “S-sure...” She said. She soon walked away from Jay and sat down behind a tree. Her tail was neatly wrapped around her legs and paws. She started staring at the gray sky.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James got bored of doing nothing, and started back towards his small cabin, but as we walked, a wave of violent shivering hit him, causing him to drop into the snow, a loud whine. "H-h-h-h-h-elp!" He attempted to get up to keep going, but he didn't put much effort to it. Someone would attempt to save him, he couldn't just die in the snow in front of him. He whined again, softer as all of his energy was going to keep him warm. "Help..."

"Alright. Well then, see ya around I guess." Jay sighed. As he aimed at a rooftop, used Quick Attack, and pretty much teleported there. He ran across it and hopped onto another roof, then found an ally. He hopped into the ally, and there were his thief friends waiting for him. "Yo Jay, did you get the apples?" asked a Quilava. "Well...no...but I broke my head! That's...good, right?" laughed Jay nervously. "Jay, it's your turn to get the food today. You'd better get something or boss won't be happy." he said. "Sorry, Beck. I'll find something for us to eat." said Jay, running out of the ally. There's gotta be somewhere where I can get food... Jay thought.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James continued shaking violently, his arms and legs slowly succumbing to frost bite. "Help! Anyone!" He whined louder, thinking that he will die in the snow if he doesn't get anyone's attention. He cried out for help, he didn't like his life, but he didn't want to die like this. "Please, help me! ANYONE?". He attempted to walk closer to the other Pokemon, but is was too hard.

(I don't know why no-one knows he is dying in the snow...)

All of a sudden, Jay heard a cry for help. "Dang it! Another thing?" he asked, running over to the snow. "Dude. It's...literally snow." said Jay, pulling him out. "Well, somebody once told me electricity was the same as fire, so...you might wanna brace yourself." he said, using Thundershock on him.

Dawn kept following the tracks, hoping he would find his way to a hotel building. His fur was starting to freeze up and soon his skin would freeze. “Why did the tempature drop suddenly, it was just 35 degrees!” He thought, looking at the sky and sniffing the air.

Splash was busy finding a few berries. Lum Berries, Sitrus Berries, and more, that is, until he heard the cry’s of help coming from literally the tree next to her. She walked towards it. She saw Jay using Thundershock on a Oshawott. “Jay! W-what are y-you doing?” She asked, throwing a Lum Berry between the Jolteon and the Oshawott. The Lum berry absorbed all the bolts and became black, like it was burnt.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
The berry stopped any harm from coming to James. Because he was a water type, an electric move could of done way too much damage. The shivering stopped, and he was suddenly hit with warmth, because some of the heat from the electricity came close to James. James' brain was way to confused to say anything, so he sat there, awkwardly.

"Well, he's dying in the snow. I thought I'd warm him up." he said. Then he looked at the burnt berries. "Oh..." he sighed. Well. I'm fricked. Jay dashed off, leaving a small cloud of smoke behind him.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James was still confused. He didn't know what to say, or who to say it to. "Uh... Thank you?", he looked at Splash. It took him a while to realize what was happening. He said nothing, continuing to sit there. His small stature made him look like a child, so cute just sitting there. It was a mental gymnastics course for James.

So he just went outside, nearly froze to death, almost got electrocuted, and now he was here. He started to think straightly, but still did not know what to say.

Splash began to pick up the remaining three berries she had left. “S-Sorry about t-t-that. I think Jay w-was just t-trying to help.” Splash lifted the Oshawott from the snow with her tail and placed him on a log. “Just try t-to stay away from J-jay Alright?” She said, turning to walk away.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Uhh-h-h o-okay..." he mumbled, still not knowing what to do. He turned around to head for his cabin, because that probably was the warmest place to be, because he was out in the cold, but he didn't start for the cabin. Something urged him not to. He just stood there.

Then Jay STOPPED running. "Oh, wait, it's only one!" Jay laughed and ran back. "Oh, uh, sorry about the whole berry thing by the way." Jay saluted and ran away again. He ran to the nearest trash can. "Let's see...Brown Redburst (Rotten Strawberry)...Faceplant Mud... (Eaten Pie)...*gasp* Redburst Frost! (Strawberry Shortcake)" he picked up the plate and ran to the alley. "Beck! You won't believe my luck! I found Redburst Frost!" he said, placing down the plate. They shared the cake.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James finally started for his cabin, but for the first time, he urged for interaction with other Pokemon, something he feared. He felt lonely in his cabin, and ventured out again, this time bringing warm clothes, which were cuter on him, to prevent what just happened from happening again. If only he had snow shoes, so he didn't sink into the thick snow.

Last edited:
Then Jay STOPPED running. "Oh, wait, it's only one!" Jay laughed and ran back. "Oh, uh, sorry about the whole berry thing by the way." Jay saluted and ran away again. He ran to the nearest trash can. "Let's see...Brown Redburst (Rotten Strawberry)...Faceplant Mud... (Eaten Pie)...*gasp* Redburst Frost! (Strawberry Shortcake)" he picked up the plate and ran to the alley. "Beck! You won't believe my luck! I found Redburst Frost!" he said, placing down the plate. They shared the cake.

Splash returned to her little spot under the tree. After a few hours, she turned it from a tiny den for 2 to a huge den for 5. She placed her berries in a clear pool of water, which Splash made herself after warming the den up to warming level. After that, she sprayed water outside to make some icy stairs that lead to the top of the tree.

When Jay finished his portion, he said, "I gotta go...um...fix something." as an excuse to check on the Oshawott and Splash. Beck had a confused look on his face. "...okay...?" he said as Jay walked outside He used Flame Wheel to climb the wall and spied on Jay. Jay walked over to Splash, who had made a den. "Woah...how did you make this?" he asked.