• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ichoterra (RPG-World Roleplay)

"Allright then, it's decided." Hearing the agreement from her new teammates, Abel pulled the quest paper from the buletin board and slammed it on the receptionist table.

"Roaster. We're taking this one." She spoke to the receptionist girl. Roaster stumbled on some document before she found the one she needed. "It seems the reward had been increased by 20%, for the second time."

"That's good. The bigger the reward, the better it is." Abel rubbed her hands together as if she was already holding all the money.

"I won't be too eager if I were you. This quest is from Anette, that infamous alchemist. The last quest she posted here ended up blowing half of the nearby forest." She wrote something on papers. After a few scribbling, she announced to the quest takers.

"Okay, you all have been registered for the job... Wait, I see new faces. Are you two going to become adventurer as well?" She spoke to the two otherwordly girls.

"I'm sorry, but if you want to register here. Please come back tomorrow after we fix all these goblin mess. I won't prohibit you from taking the quest with these people, but the guild's protection wouldn't be applied to you. That mean if something happen to you two at the job we can't offer any help. Also if internal conflict happen in your party, like dispute over payment, we won't be able to interfere for you. Is that okay?"

Hazel nodded, “We’re new, and we want to join.” She sighed, “I guess we can wait, though..” She agreed with the conditions and turned to leave once everybody else was ready, “So, who’s this Anette you’re talking about?”

Derik had no other choice to say no to a request, he'd even more out-of-place saying no to the request. Reluctantly, he nodded, and quietly, he said:
'Yeah. I'm in this group.'. And now, they were at the receptionist's desk, and he overheard the entire conversation. What intrigued him was the sound of 'Anette', and blowing up half a forest. But what intrigued him even more was about the guild protection. 'Hey. Receptionist person... Roaster? That makes it three people because I'm pretty sure I'm not in this guild thing either.'.

(Really sorry for such a short post..)

"Ah. Sorry." The receptionist girl looked shocked at Derik. "I don',t see you there, kid. Then the condition I mention earlier also apply to you." She rustled some paper on her desk.

"As for the info about Anette... No one really know that much about her. She spent most of her time in her mansion. Not even her servants know what she's up to since she lock herself in her basement, at least until she posted this request. She has reputation to cause trouble with her inventions." Roaster explained to the group.

"But she's damn rich. She never work but never run out of money, that's what important for now." Abel added.

"C'mon guys. Let's go and grab the money. I know where the place is." She then urged the group to move.

Title: cockroaches extermination
Client: Anette Gatler
Description: There's cockroaches in my basement. Kill them all!!
Reward: Come and see.
Requirement: Lv. 39. Need GUTSY people.

Hazel nodded again, "Sounds weird, but, weird is good!" She chuckled, happily exiting the hall. She opened up a virtual map, "This looks like a mansion here, it'll take so long to walk.." She groaned, she never even liked long journeys in her real home, Earth. Responding to her words, the same bear from the goblin fight broke out of the shadowed woods and confronted Hazel. It walked closer to her as she slowly backed away, "Uh, good bear.." It suddenly ran to her, flipping her onto its back with its snout. "Thanks.. does anyone want to ride with me?" The bear growled, then stopped as Hazel cautiously pet its big head. "I guess she'll be fine with it. You're a female, right?" The bear growled in response.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Kasai looked at the large bear. "So, you really ARE an animal tamer, huh?" He muttered. He looked at the size of the bear, and then promptly said, "Yeah, I think I'm good with walking." He gestured with his hands.

He looked at Abel, who seemed to be the one in the group who seemed to know what the heck was happening and who this 'Anette' person is. "So, how much Gewels, or Qoins, exactly IS this quest worth?" He asked her, since she was the one who took the quest and all.

He then looked back at Hazel's bear, "Why don't you give her a name?" He suggested. If she were to ask him for a name, he would've gone with Orsina or Ursala. Not to mention, he was quite impressed that the first thing she tamed was a BEAR. She must've already had a knack for animal taming.

"I don't really know the exact number. But the person who failed at this job say it's a safe full of Gewels. I hope he's right, because if it's not then I'll whack him in the head with my coffin." She did an overhead swinging motion to emphasize it. She then carefully approached Hazel, her eyes locked at the bear.

"I don't want to ride a bear, yet. But I want to pet her. Can I?"

Hazel stammered, “H-huh?” The bear huffed down at the floor, “A name?” It moved its head back up to looked towards her, “How about Ginny?” It slightly nodded in response, starting to sniff Hazel with its big nose. “Ginny it is! If anyone’s wondering, before this whole situation, I used to sponsor an animal charity, and I sponsored a bear called Ginny, I think it’s cute.” She nodded when Abel approached, “I think she’s friendly.. especially for a bear..” She thought, “I really like bears, maybe the game picked up on my stats already?”

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Kasai nodded, albeit not really aure what she meant by ‘game’. Ah well, maybe it was just the ‘summon intelligence effect’ kicking in. He thought Ginny was a pretty cute name, albeit it being unusual in the point of view of Ichoterrans’ culture. He just shrugged it off.

He then heard from Abel that the person who failed at this quest said that Anette had a safe full of Gewels. He then looked at his printout of the Battle Quest, and was confused.

“Hold on guys. It’s not written how much the reward is, in here. What’s written is ‘Come and see’. This might be a scam. Its also written here that ‘GUTSY’ people are needed. Why would killing cockroaches need guts? And even if an adventurer said there was a safe full of gewels, that might be just a rumour, and you know how SOME adventurers here are like.”

He then pointed at two adventurers throwing one othwr adventurer into a table, and as the table broke, both of them laughed hysterically.

“Uh....” He seemed a bit concerned.

“And even if it was true, the gewels might be fake, or she might not even give us he gewels. Then, how are we going to distribute the prize money over all of us? Plus, I heard alchemists were crazy powerful, and if she’s rich, why can’t she just tell one of HER servants to do it, and then need a LEVEL 39 person to do the quest? Not to mention, as far as I’ve heard, he reputation isn’t the best. I don’t know about you guys, but seems a bit fishy.” He noticed he was rambling, then looked at everyone, and thought that some of them betted that his words were a tad bit far-fetched.

“Okay, I might be overthinking this, buuuuut, just to be safe, I have a Plan B. If this thing turns out to be legit, we take the presumed prize money, and QUICKLY get back to the guild. But, if one of us figures out she’s trying to pull a fast one on us, we try to look for ANYTHING suspicious, and try to stray away from any moves she pulls on us, and one of us tries to look for the reward money, and see if it’s all legit or not. If not, we question her like crazy, to breaking point, then we’ll figure out what to do from there,. Just to be safe, of course. What do you guys think?” He asked everyone for their opinions.

'Won't we out-number her? We're all decent in skill I'm hoping. We can.. I don't know, break possessions or something until we force her to give it us.'. Derik did feel suspicious about the alchemist but wasn't going to sneak around behind her back. What he said he thought was true. They were a large group, versus one strong woman wouldn't be hard to overcome.

'Hey, Abel, how do you plan on paying all of us equally again? If you explained it, I forgot.'.

Seeing the group got worked up over Anette being suspicious almost made Abel laugh. It's true Anette looks suspicious to most people though.

"Don't worry guys. Anette is at least honest, I can assure you that. She just has a bad habit of leaving other people in the dark. I have worked for her on two quest. The first revolve around something she called a '''happy box" that can conjure images. She asked me to made it stuck by lightning, real lightning I mean, not the magic-made lightning. The second one is various drinks tasting. Well, I almost die in those two instance but the reward is very worth it. As for how we will split the money..." Abel looked at Derik.

"Just distribute it equally? I'm not that good with math but I think I can distribute the gewels just fine, and don't worry. You will get both your share of the quest reward and the potions payment from my share. Ah, we've arrived!"

In front of them was a huge three-stories building with a giant-ass clocktower at the backside. Abel hit the bell that was placed on the gate and a servant came running to welcome them. Abel showed him the necessary documents and the servant eagerly let them into the mansion.

"Welcome, welcome. O, brave adventurers!" Standing in front the mansion was a girl that seems to be somewhere around 20. She wore a stained white coat with red dress underneath it. Her short blond hair was neatly kept with a red ribbon.

"Oh. I know you!" The alchemist pointed at Abel. "It's nice to see familiar face."

"I just like your gewels." Abel replied briefly.

"Right. It's just I get less and less applicant everytime I post a job quest, even though I keep increasing the reward." She sighed with an exaggerated manner, as if she already get used to it.

"Anyway, follow me to my basement. If any of you have any question regarding the job. Please do ask it now." She urged the group to follow her inside. The interior of the mansion itself didn't differ much from your regular noble's residence. Except the alchemist seemed to have an obsession with silver golem. Since all the painting on the wall depict those figures in various poses.