• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS I need serious help with my team

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Artruis

Hey guys, I'm new here, but I hoped you would all help me anyway.
I first started playing pokemon with Yellow, and since then my "strategy" has always been to get the most damage dealing attacks possible, pump up my pokemon to a high level and beat the snot out of everything. However, I would like to make a team with actual strategy involved, as it sounds much more interesting, and would obviously make my team more strong.

Here is my current team in Emerald, I'm wondering if you could help me make this better with good attacks and some ideas on how to use them, and also what pokemon to get, (I've beaten Watson so far)

Combusken, lvl. 24
Hasty nature
Rock Smash
Sand Attack
Focus Energy
Ember

Minun, lvl. 25
Naughty nature
Spark
Thunder Wave
Encore
Helping Hand

Kirlia, lvl. 22
Hasty nature
Growl
Confusion
Calm Mind
Teleport

Linoone, lvl. 24
Bashful nature
Cut
Rollout
Tail Whip
Headbutt

Nuzleaf, lvl. 23
Brave nature
Fake Out
Flash
Fury Cutter
Secret Power

Wingull, lvl. 23
Gentle nature
Growl
Water Gun
Supersonic
Wing Attack

I'm very open to the idea of restarting, in fact I think I may very well, so that I can build up a good team.

If my team is beyond help, (I don't doubt it) could you tell me a team that I should try and get, some necessary moves and strategies, or whatever else I need.

Cheers Liam

I think you should have a team with as many DIFFERENT types as possible. That way you'll be ready for anything. You can also get a pokemon with special ability "Drizzle", then get him/her to a very high level, then give him/her a mystic water after you give him/her powerful water moves. UNBEATABLE! (same thing with pokemon that raise speed in sunshine like trophigus, teach them sunny day & give him/her mericle seed after teaching him/her powerfull plant moves like giga drain, and charizard would be great with sunny day and holding charcoal because his special ability raises fire moves in a pinch, BEST TEAM EVER!, maybe).MWWAAAAHAHAHAHA! :Gary: Sorry. :?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Trainer_Yoshimitsu said:
Only Kyogre has Drizzle.

Nice advice for Liam, Yoshi :p

I promise to give this topic some real attention as soon as I can but, like I said in that PM, I've been busy. Don't feel that you'd have to restart your game for any reason, though. It's actually easier to put together your "final team" after you beat the main game verses while you're still battling through it. Once you've beaten the Elite you have access to everything. Plus, as you play through the game you'll probably run into lots of different Pokemon that'll spark your interest. If this is your first time playing the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald collection whatsoever I suggest simply beating the game first, then messing around with movesets/strategies/team building.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Are you still wanting help with this? It's been so long, I wouldn't be surprised if you'd either ploughed on and finished the game long ago, or given up entirely :p.

Anyway, if you are about, I can certainly suggest improvements. Combusken, Kirlia and Nuzleaf evolve into pretty powerful pkmn, and I've a couple of useful movesets for Blaziken, Gardevoir and Shiftry. Linoone and Pelipper are also usable with the right moveset. The only one I'd say ditch immediately is Minun - far too weak. The Helping Hand signature of Plusle & Minun is really just a gimmick, and there are much better Electric-types out there, e.g. Magneton or Voltorb.

Status
Not open for further replies.