• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Hows my team ? -- new to battling and such.

Crobat--

Nature - Naive
Ability- Inner Focus
Item -- Poison Barb

Move-Set

Air Slash
Sludge Bomb
Confuse Ray
Poison Fang

Swampert--

Nature -- Bashful
Ability -Torrent
Move-Set

Protect
Muddy Water
Earthquake
Avalanche

Item- Mystic Water

Or

Lapras
Ability-Water Absorb
Nature - Hasty

Move-Set

Ice Beam
Body Slam
Hydro Pump
Safeguard

Item - Splash Plate

Salamence
Ability - Intimidate
Nature- Gentle

Move-Set
Fire Blast
Shadow Claw
DragonBreath ( Going to teach it Dragon Claw once it hits the level )
Stone Edge

Item- Lustrous Orb

Roserade

Nature- Serious

Move-Set

Toxic
Petal Dance
Armoatherapy
Hidden Power

Item- Persim Berry
Ability- Natural Cure

Metagross

Nature - Rash
Ability - Clear Body

Move-Set
Psychic
Iron Defence
Agility
Hammer Arm

Item -- Iron Plate

Tyranitar goes here

;) Tell me what you think..what I can improve on and etc. :D

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Here's my suggestions:

Crobat @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Inner Focus
Adamant

- Cross Poison
- Brave Bird*
- U-Turn
- Steel Wing

Crobat's a lot better with physical attacks than special ones, so Air Slash and Sludge Bomb won't be as effective as Cross Poison and Brave Bird. U-Turn is to get Crobat out of battle quick if he's overmatched, Steel Wing is to damage Rock-types.

Swampert @ Leftovers/Choice Band
Torrent
Impish/Adamant

- Waterfall
- Hammer Arm
- Avalanche
- Earthquake

Again, Waterfall on Swampert will do more damage than Muddy Water will since Swampert does better using physical attacks. Waterfall and Earthquake for STAB, Avalanche makes for a brilliant physical Ice-type move, and Hammer Arm since Swampert won't care much about the speed drops since he's slow as hell anyway.

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Intimidate
Modest

- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump**
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse

This moveset, (Edit-Plapti: No moveset names. That was a moveset nickname. It clearly says that. Edited out) is deadly - not a lot will be able to survive a Choice-Specced STAB Draco Meteor, and nothing bar perhaps Blissey and Regice can stand taking it twice, even after the Sp.Atk drop. Flamethrower is to take out Steel-types that otherwise resist Dragon-type attacks, and Hydro Pump is there to get rid of the one Pokemon who resists both Dragon and Fire attacks - Heatran. Dragon Pulse is there to mop up weakened opponents after you've spent up your Draco Meteors.

Metagross @ Liechi Berry
Clear Body
Adamant

- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- ThunderPunch***
- Agility

Keep using Agility until you can't take any more hits (if you can get off two, you'll probably be faster than anyone,) and hopefully you'll take enough damage to activate the Liechi Berry, increasing your attack. Meteor Mash for STAB, Earthquake for Steel and Fire types, and ThunderPunch for Water types and Skarmory.

Roserade isn't one I can really help you much with, and Tyranitar has so many possible movesets I could go on all day. What sort of moveset would you be looking for on Tyranitar, an offense-oriented one or a defense-oriented one?

*Acquired through breeding with Staraptor
**Acquired through breeding with Seadra or Gyarados
***Acquired through a Move Tutor on Pokemon Emerald

Ok Thanks Lucario; I think I have a good idea in how I can improve my team. I greatly appreciate your time spent on my thread. ;)