• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

How do you think Pokemon will end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you think the Pokemon franchise will end? Do you think they will do something so memorable that it will never be forgotten? Personally I think maybe they will do something to make Pokemon battles appear in real life. But I also think they will make a game so spectacular that Pokemon will never fayed in memory. But what is your opinion?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
To be honest, I don't think it will end - since its release it has been, and still is, the most successful RPG series ever to exist by a huge margin, and is the second most successful game series ever to exist, second only to Mario in terms of total units sold. With far older series with similar success such as Zelda, Metroid, Mega Man and Final Fantasy showing absolutely no signs of stopping, it's far too soon to say how it will end, if it ever does.

To be honest, I don't think it will end - since its release it has been, and still is, the most successful RPG series ever to exist by a huge margin, and is the second most successful game series ever to exist, second only to Mario in terms of total units sold. With far older series with similar success such as Zelda, Metroid, Mega Man and Final Fantasy showing absolutely no signs of stopping, it's far too soon to say how it will end, if it ever does.

Yes I do agree it is too soon to say it will end but all things must end at some point. If Pokemon never ended it would get so boring that no one would like it. Yes it's very popular but Pokemon has done almost everything now. Arceus supposed to be god of all Pokemon so where does it go from there? Pokemon is indeed popular but it will end. Not today and definitely not tomorrow but it will end.

I'm with KoL. Lots of good things never end. How long has Mario and Co. been going for? Way longer than Pokemon, I know that much.

And with ideas, they'll come up with more. Who said if they found the so called "God" of all Pokemon, they could branch out and have Legends for anything else they wanted. They could even have one for tornadoes for all they care. What matters most is the Pokemon isn't slowing down, and won't be for a long, long time.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I don't really get where all of these "Pokemon has already done everything" comments keep stemming from, because it certainly hasn't done "everything" and will always continue to grow and expand as long as the Pokemon Company and Gamefreak feel like it. Besides, look at Mario. There's little difference between each standard Mario game, or each Mario Party game, or each Mario Kart, etc. but that certainly isn't stopping them from making more :p RPG or not, Pokemon isn't just made for the hardcore fans (clearly not, with all the teaching help they keep shoving into newer versions). It's made in a way that each new generation of gamers can get into it and enjoy it, too, without them needing the rock the base formula.

Anyways, on how it will finally 'end', I don't think there's much that can be said. They'll make one last final set of games and that will be it. The fandom will probably live on much, much longer than the game series itself, as will the merchandise and random spin-offs that go along with it (ie. TCG). Finally, the Pokemon Company will shut down. But again, I don't see the final set of games coming anytime soon. This is just the natural progression of most companies.

Actually I agree with all of you. I don't see it ending anytime soon but my friend thinks it will so I made a whole bunch of these topics on websites and got quite a few replies. But I think Pokemon has done alot and with the god of all Pokemon I think it will be rather difficult to top that. But my friend says it better end for my sake but I told her that it's not that important if it's still around when I older. I wish it will never end but it will. I know it will. But Pokemon will live on after it's gone. Other people say Pokemon is still around because of luck. Saying they are lucky that people like trapping creatures and forcing them to fight against their will. And one person said that Pokemon has a good storyline good characters and is varied but luck is the only thing that is keeping them alive today. I told them that it was more than luck but a few people made some good points so now I can't decide what is the reason why Pokemon is still around.

I believe Linkachu touched on this a bit, but Pokemon isn't going to end because of boredom. Maybe older fans may get a bit tired of the newer Pokemon (which I'm sure I won't), but there are always new generations of kids and gamers who will like that new gen. I don't think the company will just give up on it anytime soon, because Pokemon is so successful.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The facts and figures suggest that, if anything, people are getting more hyped up for the new Pokemon releases, not less. Diamond and Pearl became the fastest-selling Pokemon instalments ever on their release, hitting the 1 million copies sold mark after 8 days. Also, the top 10 best selling RPG's as stated by the Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition are:

1. Pokemon Red/Blue/Green
2. Pokemon Gold/Silver
3. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
4. Pokemon Yellow
5. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
6. Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen
7. Final Fantasy VII
8. Final Fantasy VIII
9. Final Fantasy X
10. Diablo II

Kinda speaks for itself really. I think it takes a lot more than luck to have all 4 Generations of Pokemon sitting on the top of the list, beating even the Final Fantasy series in terms of units sold.

I agree with the statements about how it won't end for a long time, but, think about it, hasn't the 4th generation been the one with the least amount of new pokemon, with a lot being evolutions of previous generations?
they will run out of ideas eventually, even if it might not be soon.

either way, when you think about it, don't you think that they would do something big for the last game?
I'd expect a virtual reality where you can live the life of Ash Ketchum, and travel through the regions with your Pokemon walking right beside you, and I expect that the game will fuse the actions of spin-off games as well, such as using your Pokemon to get past obstacles like a fallen tree in the way, or climbing a mountain

but that's just my idea

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'd expect a virtual reality where you can live the life of Ash Ketchum, and travel through the regions with your Pokemon walking right beside you

All I want is for the game to allow you to have your pokemon behind you. They did it a little with Amity Square, but the limit to the pokemon allowed there ruins it. I want my Salamence damit! :p

The only way I see pokemon ending in the foreseeable future is if they run out of new pokemon ideas. But on saying that, look how many animals there are to base pokemon off. Also, I for one wouldn't be completely bothered if they stopped making new pokemon and continued to make new games. There must be a place where wild Charmander live :p

Like a lot of people have said already, Pokemon does so well that the end probably won't come for a long, long time. If I have to play them until I'm 30 or older, so be it!

One of the best things they could do, in my opinion, is to make a Pokemon game Super Smash Bro's style. That way kids could feel like they're actually in the anime. When I say SSB style I mean free range as oposed to in turn. (Like pikachu or Mewtwo on SSB).

And they will keep making remakes of the old games for newer consoles. It will finsish eventually, but Pokemon still has a bright future ahead.

Alright... Pokemon has definitely not done everything.

Look at Power Rangers... they are still coming out with more and more versions of it and it's been around YEARS long than Pokemon. And although Power Rangers has been brutally torn away from being interesting, Pokemon will probably just keep going, even if it suffers the same fate as Power Rangers... which still probably won't end for another freakin 10 years or so. (why god?)

So I don't think we have to really concern ourselves with how it'll end...

but when it DOES end, in the show Ash will probably wind up going back home and getting a real job. lol

Oh yeah... and Pokemon's been around.. what over 10 years now? Ash is still the same age as when he started, isn't he? >.

I agree with everyone who says pokemon won't end soon, because it won't. I think they could keep this going for a long time because when Ash isn't a pokemon trainer anymore, they can just follow the journey of another kid and they could keep doing that so it could go on for a VERY long time.

Actually, I remember seeing something about Ash's age on pokemon.com in the letters section. Whoever was answering the letters basically brushed off the subject saying it doesn't really matter how old he is (or for that matter how much time has passed since he started his journey), just the fact that he is still on the journey and that it is entertaining.

For the most part, I don't see the Pokemon franchise ending any time soon. I do however think that sometime in the future they might revamp how combat works. Either that or it will eventually turn into the free range combat (which is what I absolutely want to see), ala Tales of Symphonia, with actual terrain and more environmental factors than just sun/rain/hail, and become an even richer experience.

I definitely don't think Pokemon has done everything. There are plenty of ideas for new Pokemon (I'm still waiting for the Ground/Dark or Fighting/Flying combos) and attacks for that matter. We need another pseudo-legendary that's not 4x weak to Ice types. Like everyone else, I don't think Pokemon is going anywhere. There's so many things left to do. They still have to make that Johto remake that I really, really, really, want. As far as Arceus being the "god" of Pokemon, who says the next legendaries will be so epic? To tell the truth I wouldn't be fussed if they only made 3-5 legendaries in the next generation if any at all.

When Pokemon does end, I expect something big as in a multigame release where you can visit different regions. Or a game with a plotline so epic and involved, it would take some time to finish.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Indeed. People need to face it: Arceus does not equal the end of Pokemon. Like Carmen said, next gen's legendaries might not be anything special at all. It all really depends on what sort of plot-line the creators want to toy with. Only time will tell how everything goes down...

I'm honestly just getting sick of these sorts of topics and people who flaunt Arceus' existence around like some great beacon of doom from above. :p All "rumors" about Pokemon ending anytime soon are false. No official statement has ever been made, and once one has been we'll ALL know about it. As for the rumors, they're just made up by fans who themselves are bored or annoyed at the franchise for whatever reason. Can't blame some people, really, but that's how it goes.

But meh. On the Anime front, I think the final season will probably end with Ash finally winning a league. Ash will return home to Pallet again, as usual, but as for if his journey will officially end there... I dunno. I personally see a show like that having more of an open ending, with Ash heading off once more with Pikachu (possibly recently evolved to Raichu) on his next adventure...

Amazing, i made a thread just like this on serebii a few weeks ago! The general respone was that either it will never end, or it will fade out as nintendo realise it's popularity is going down. Personally i hope for a full RPG with all pokemon available! (If the series is dying then there will be no need for events or trading.

P

PokeRad

I too do not think that pkmn will end soon.I think that as soon as Ash realises his dream of becoming a pokemon master,and ends his journey,he will be followed up by another child with similar dreams. What is worse is that he could even be Max(reffering to the many clues given by him throughout his short stay in the anime).

The games might not end for a long time (I hope) But I hope the anime stays around for at least one more season. I hope that (in the anime) before Ash goes to the Sinnoh League, Pikachu acccidentally comes across a Thunder Stone and evoles into a Raichu. In that same ep, I hope he brings his best 5 Kanto Pokemon to help him.... (Primape, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Snorlax, and Squirtle)....Sorry, I'm done ranting.....Maybe after he beats the Sinnoh League (If he does) he'll become a Gym Leader...(Vermillion City, perhaps?)....

That's how I think (and hope) it ends.

Maybe it well end 2014 i personaly i think the creators will use somepokefusion for the series i mean ther very cool 8) so it's going to be a show goodly renember in every place o if it ends they will probloby make a nother greatanime show so i don't worry

It will never end, because it's one of the best RPG's to play.

That and kids love little fury things trying to kill each.

as;kfjskdfj not gonna endaslskdfjlkdsfj

But anyways, here's how I hope it'll end.

Naturally, the real fans will hear about it first. It'll just be rumors and sites will be posting saying that they're not sure whether or not the rumors are true. The mods here and most other places will get annoyed and people will be banned on site if they ask if Pok

i agree i hope the game will end with a final region and expansion packs letting you go to every region created. that would be so cool to go back to the johto region ( one of my favorites).

I predict that pokemon will never end, it's a classic! Timeless! but eventualy they are going to run out of ideas...and when that happens, people wll still be entertained by the older games =3

If they made a god of all pokemon well in myth the gods actually parents too and since the parents of the gods were the TITANs they could very well make a TITAN pokemon and I do believe KOL is right nothing good has to end. so theoretically pokemon might not end.

Honestly, I would've ended the anime a loooooong time ago, i.e., the Battle Frontier, but would've kept up the games and manga, because you can make really good profits off of that. I know people all over the world who still love Pokemon, and I don't think it'll end for a while. :D

One of the best things they could do, in my opinion, is to make a Pokemon game Super Smash Bro's style. That way kids could feel like they're actually in the anime. When I say SSB style I mean free range as oposed to in turn. (Like pikachu or Mewtwo on SSB).

I e-mailed an idea exactly like that to nintendo, except with a from behind view like in the Eragon game.

More to the point, since when was this all about the games. Pokemon is older than Blue and Red, isn't it. You can run out of new game features to improve the games, but Pokemon won't end there. And, as more games are made, the old ones will be pushed further out of our memory, and the next gen of gamers will take longer to find them, keeping Pokemon alive longer. When Pokemon ends, like Virgil said, the true fans will know first, and be banned when they mention it. Of course, the people doing the banning will know too, but will be in denial. And can you blame them, if pokemon ends during our lifetime, it will be one of the saddest day of our lives; even in the unlikely event that we have at that point, given it up. We will look back to the start, Kanto, Pikachu, Team Rocket, Ash, Brock, Misty, Professer Oak, Gary, and say, "Where did it all go, how did it fly by so fast." But it will not die there, not anytime or anywhere. The last movie/game will keep everyone entertained long after pokemon ends. A true Pokemon fan never gives it up, ever. The true fans will pass it down generation after genration. Jump forward 100 years after pokemon's end, when Blue and Red are worth thousands, even millions. Pokemon becomes a common business and auction trade, and there are still a handful of true pokemon fans and gamers. Pokemon may end, but it will never, ever die, ever.

Well, it probably won't. First off, I would like to say that you're all repeating basically the same thing; 'pokemon is uber awethome, and it won't die'. The mainstream pokemon as currently known will likeley die for about 1-10 years, until it is revived with some amazing revoloution. They will do something awesome, the next generation shall love it, and order will be restored in the universe. I call this phenomenon the 'Poke' Pause'. It will likley start in the next 5-8 years, beginning with a new awesome game, generation, and anime season. It will be really awesome, but then Nintendo will either announce that pokemon is gone, or they will not announce anything and pokemon will discontinue episodes, stop production of games, and no new pokemon shall be made. This will be a hellish time.
But, 1-10 years later, as Dr. J. Farnsworth always says: "Good news everyone!". They will announce a new game, season, and generation of pokemon. It will be just like the end of a solar eclipse. Gamers and fans alike shall rejoice, happiness shall resume, and peace and tranquility shall sprea throughout the universe.

I really think my explanation is more thorough, and likley more accurate comapared to how it will happen. But maye not. Just my opinion.

From what I've seen, and read, there is almost no way Pokemon itself as an existence will end. Of course the games must end eventually, but not for thousands of years. Plus, the games are getting better and more details.

The reason people on gaming forums keep saying that Pokemon isn't getting better is because they gave up on Pokemon already. Pokemon can't really run out of ideas because now they're extending to newer ideas to distract the fans and new gamers into being pulling in for the next major installment of the main RPG series. For example, Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, and Pinball were all made to better the gaming focus so we'll play the main games and have different ways to enjoy it.

And like most games, when they run out of new game ideas, they'll make remakes and find new ideas by improving their old ideas. This process is never ending and flawless.

Whenever I get back from Tokyo, Japan next summer, I'll tell you what the news is from the creators point of view...

I think Pokemon will end in such a way that it could never be rewritten or continued by anyone other than the makers. Much like how the Harry Potter series was ended.

I'm sure it won't end for awhile. Like what some of the people said before, just because they find the god, it doesn't mean that there aren't some species not known yet. Like maybe, there's still some Pokemon deep inside a jungle, unable to be explored by humans. Or some slumbering Pokemon that awakens and summons a bunch of other Pokemon that aren't even in the pokedex. And, also, Mew was suppose to be the god for the Kanto seasons, but it was such a big hit, they decided to make more. AND, another reason is how much money the people make that work for them and stuff. It's a huge franchise.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Please don't revive threads like this that are almost a year old (especially since the forums yell at you if a topic is older than 60 days) - especially when much of what you added has already been stated. If this is a topic idea that interests you, just remake it in a new thread.

Locking this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.