• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Hoenn Trainer Academy

Felix startled awake at the pounding on the door, and listened to Winter and Cleo. He stared at the alarm clock that sat innocently on the nightstand, seeing that it was, in fact, 8:30. "Dude," he said, still half asleep. "Did you turn off the alarm? Wake me up!" He rolled out of bed, knocking Fae off in the process. The Vulpix yelped and her trainer apologized as he began to throw on some clothes. He got ready in record time, but his hair was disheveled and his hoodie hung loose on his thin shoulders. He shivered a little and made a mental note to get some warmer clothes. "Ready?" He asked his roommate. "Our first class is Pokemon Research, I think. I'll meet you there?" With that, he called Fae and they both made off towards the classroom.

They came to a stop outside a door with a silver plaque, reading Professor Theodore Cedar. Felix vaguely remembered an older man with the name Cedar greeting them last night. Hadn't he said something about being a researcher? Figuring the worst he could do was embarrass himself, he opened the door and stepped inside.

Alex woke up to Arrow pecking at his face. "Okay I'm up," Alex moaned waving his arms. He checked his alarm. Then he checked his scedule. "Battling class sweet!" Alex exclaimed, getting dressed before rushing into the hall.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Why hello, you must be a member of Charti. Well take a seat and we'll begin once everyone is here." Professor Cedar said, greeting the student who walked in. Rosco gave a yawn, covered his snout with his forepaws, and went to sleep.

Last edited:
Cleo followed felix "sorry I tried but you didn't wake up" he apologised to felix he entered the classroom and smiled "this is awsome" he said under his breath

"Aw, sorry, man," Felix said sheepishly. "Maybe you can get De to tackle me awake or something next time."

When the Professor greeted them, Felix gave a small wave. "Good morning, Professor," he said and took a seat in a center row; not too close up front, but not way in the back either. Fae hopped up onto his lap and he stroked the Vulpix's fur, grateful for the warmth that the Fire-type was giving off.

Cleo laughed to himself as he took a seat behind winter he waved at the teacher and smiled to himself, de was on his lap looking over the table at the many people he wimpered slightly and cried a little

"Today we will be recording information about your Pokemon partner" Professor Cedar said, he handed everyone a sheet of paper.

Winter looked down at the sheet.

What type is your Pokemon?
Which Gender is your Pokemon?
Do you know your pokemon's ability
What is the name of your Pokemon?
How long have you known your Pokemon?

Winter quickly scribbled down the first two answers to the question. She had no idea what the third one was. She skipped to the fourth, pretty soon she had finished. Winter had put a question mark for question three.

"Once you've finished I'd like you to test your pokemon's moves and write down information about them" Professor Cedar said.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Luca slept in until 9:00. Luca woke up in shock, the alarm was buzzing. "I need a better alarm," Luca thought while he got ready. Luca had been staying at a nearby motel. Luca ran to the Academy as fast as possible after getting ready.
When Luca was running, he had a lookat the Contest Hall in curiosity. There wasn't one of those in Alola. He already received a map and schedule the day before so he managed to find his way to his first subject, Battle class.
"Uh, sorry i'm late, I slept in, I'm Luca." Luca said with a slight blush on his face.

Alex, who had gotten distracted, rushed into the classroom. "Alex Coleman. Sorry I'm late." he said laughing before jumping into his seat. Arrow flirted around his head, before landing on his shoulder.

Last edited:
Felix read over the questions twice before writing the answers as far as he knew. He didn't battle Fae very often, so he wasn't sure what her ability was either. He tried to think of the possible abilities that Vulpix were born with, but drew a blank. He skipped the question and finished the others.

When it came time to test Fae's moves, he patted the table he was sitting at and she climbed up. Er, here? He wondered briefly, but decided to get up and move to an empty space in the room before they set someone's clothing on fire. He brought the assignment with him and asked Fae to show him a Tail Whip, to start small, and began to take notes on the moves.

Cleo smiled "and this is why I'm a outsider" he said to himself, he scribbled down the answers: dark and dragon, make, hustle, de, 11 years

Cleo scratched his head "attacks" he sat there and walked over to felix "hey" de he started writing down the attacks headbutt, tackle, leer, growl. He smiled at de

Last edited:
"Well Sylveon knows Moonblast" Winter said, "Alright Sylveon use Moonblast!"

Sylveon fired a ball of bright pink light... Directly at Professor Cedar! Professor Cedar ducked down before the Moonblast could hit him. Winter stood there, she was gonna be punished so bad. But Professor Cedar started to laugh, "You almost got me Wibter, be careful!" He said.

Felix and Fae paused in the middle of an Ember attack to blink owlishly at the hole in the wall behind the Professor. "Nice one," he snickered. He finished his notes and sat back down at his table. "Hey, you done already?" He asked in reply to Cleo, reaching down to scratch De on the head.

"Okay, class," Mr. Gibson said, "My name is Lyle Gibson, and I'l teach battling class. So first off, can someone name me a few pokemon types?" Alex raised his hand. "Fire Flying, Normal, and Water are a few," he said.
"Correct, can anyone name any others?" He asked the class.

Last edited:

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Luca raised his hand, "Theres also Grass, Fairy, Fighting, Dragon, Psychic, Dark, Poison, Ice, Ground and Rock," Luca said. Luca can't name all the types off of his head but he can name lots.
Mr Gibson Smiled and said, "Correct, But there are still 4 more types, can any one name them?"
Luca sat there and tried to think of the other types. Luca knew his types well when he was battling but he seemed to have forgotten.

Winter wrote down some information about Sylveon's moves and then handed Professor Cedar her paper. "Alright, I'm now going to give you your assignment, I'd like you to have it finished by the end of the week" Professor Cedar said. He walked around the classroom handing everybody sheets of paper.

For your homework, I'd like you too spend some bonding time with your Pokemon. Discover what they enjoy doing, what they love to eat, anything really. Record this information and give it back to me by Friday (It's currently Tuesday)

Winter smiled as she read the homework, that should be easy!

Cleo smiled at de "I know what de likes and his favourite food" he said smiling at Felix "yeah I'm already done and I could probably do this homework right here right know to!" He said happily. De sat there and smiled as Felix scratched his head, de walked over to the sylveon "de de-ino de" he said quietly

"Well, you've probably known him along time, yeah?" Felix chuckled, packing away the assignment and smiling in return. "At least take it with you. You might find out something new! Or, you know, something like that."

He was also looking forward to the assignment. He knew that he wanted to find Fae's ability, too, since he hadn't been able to answer that question on the in-class assignment. He figured if he couldn't find out in battling class, he could head to the academy's library and see if he could find some books on Pokémon. He scratched Fae behind the ears, and the Vulpix leaned into the touch, purring slightly. Whatever; he had three days to do it, so he wouldn't worry.

Cleo smiled at Felix "hey look at me" he said with a small pause "if you need help you have me" he said smiling at him, he looked at fae with a smile "may I" he said gesturing to stroke her fur.

De choked and walked back he felt stupid plain and simple when he got back he sat next to fae quietly he smiled at her but still kept silent

After the anwesrs had been given the class spent sometime discussing type matchups.
"Okay, so on friday, we will have quiz on type matchups, but tomorrow, bring your pokemon, and we'll have a project to do," Mr. Gibson said. He passed out a piece of paper to each student, with a chart of the type matchups. "This can help you review. On each piece of paper, I've written the names of one random pokemon. I want to write what types they resist and are super effective agaist them. And everyone has different ones, so you can't copy." After he said this, the bell rang, signifying the classes were going to switch.
Alex checked his schedule and the chart. The pokemon he was given was Galvantula, and his next class was Pokemon research with Professor Cedar. He began to walk to his next class.

Last edited:
"Sweet, thanks! And sure," Felix replied. "She loves the attention." That was one thing he could write on his sheet. Fae, satisfied with the ear-scratch from her trainer, greeted De with lightly wagging tails. "I think we have Battling up next. Ready?" He asked, also directing the question at Winter as he gathered his things.

Cleo smiled at Felix "yeah it's not me and des thing but we know the ropes" he said without any confidence he rubbed faes head de shuffled over to her and said "deino de de-ino"

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
"There's gonna be a quiz on our types?" Luca said to himself, "Great, I already need to do some studying and I just got here."
He looked at the sheet he was given. The pokemon on it was Lunatone, a Hoenn Pokemon that looked like the moon. Luca walked to his next class which was Pokemon Research Class.

"Yep, let's go" Winter said. She walked through a few corridors and finally found the battling classroom.

"Good morning everyone, I'm Mr Gibson. I'll be your teacher for Pokemon battling." Mr Gibson said, "I'd like everybody to partner up"

Winter looked around, wondering who she could partner with.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Luca walked to Research class and sat down at the front of the room. Luca was intrigued at what we would do in research. Would they study different ways people and pokemon are together? Or maybe just studying some pokemon in the first place.
"Good morning Students. I am Professor Cedar," The Professor said to the class, "I have a worksheet to fill out about your Pokemon today."
Luca got out of his seat to collect his sheet and sat back down.

The Questions on it were.
What type is your Pokemon?
Which Gender is your Pokemon?
Do you know your pokemon's ability
What is the name of your Pokemon?
How long have you known your Pokemon?

Luca knew all of the answers so he scribbled them down on his worksheet and waited for the next activity.

Alex walked into the room calmly and sat in his seat. he looked at the sheet he was handed, and began to write down the anwsers They weren't that complicated and he was finished in a few minutes.

Last edited:
Felix grinned from behind the two and said, "careful. I think Sylveon's got two type advantages on you." He turned to the student next to him, who had a Tepig perched on his dark head. "Wanna partner up?" He asked mildly. The kid smiled and nodded in return.

"Sure!" Winter said. Sylveon walked over to De and patted his head.

"Once you have a partner, I want you to test each other's skills" Mr Gibson said, "Speed, Special Attack, Attack, Defense..."

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Professor Cedar was impressed at how fast Ray and Luca finished their work. He took their sheets and examined them. Professor Cedar then noticed everyone else was starting to finish so the Professor collected everyone else's sheets and walked back to the front of the room.
"Now that all of you are finished, I would like you guys to learn more about your pokemon. You can do this by battling, Testing moves, exaniming the pokemon closely or using one of our Pokedex's. You must write everything down and this will go on until the end of the lesson," the Professor told the class.

Luca was excited to be doing this. He walked to where the Pokedex were and sent out Lull.
"Lull Morelull?" Morelull asked as he got scanned by Luca.
"Interesting," Luca said to himself when reading some information on it. Luca then walked outside and began to observe Lull's moves.

"If you wanted we could work on De's speed" Winter suggested, "Sylveon could try to trap him with her ribbons"

Sylveon looked down at De, extending her ribbons into the air. Sylveon's ribbons were long and soft, perfect for practising speed. She waved them around in the air to show De how it would help with his speed.

"How about we take turns practicing some Attack and Defense?" The other boy suggested. His Tepig sneezed some embers through its nose. Felix chuckled and nodded.

"Sure," Felix replied, thinking. "You wanna try out your Tepig's Attack, first?" Fae had a determined look on her face, and Felix couldn'the help but be a bit worried. They hadn't trained much, despite knowing each other for about two years, now; he never wanted her to get hurt in a battle. Tepig didn't seem too tough, though.

They stood far apart both Pokémon out in front of them. The other boy called out for Tepig to use Rollout, and Felix cringed. That was a Rock-type attack, and it sure looked painful. Fae was knocked back several paces, but stood up again, winded. After giving the Vulpix a moment to recover, he called, "Quick Attack!"

Fae wasn't as fast as some other Pokémon, but she was still a blur with that particular attack. When she hit, the Tepig fell to the side and rolled. It didn't look too badly hurt, though, much to his relief. Looks like her Defense is pretty good, but her Attack and Speed could use some work.

De first stepped back startled then heard the trainer the nodded to cleo "he's up for it" he said back to winter with a smile. De looked at the ribbons he smiled at how pretty and perfect they where

"Alright, let's do this Sylveon!" Winter exclaimed. They both took a step back, Sylveon extended her ribbons again. "Now go get him!" Winter exclaimed.

Sylveon ran towards De, her speed wasn't great, but that was okay. She reached her ribbons out towards De, ready to grab him.

De smiled and jumped to the side he did a small roll as the ribbons came towards him he had to fight every instinct not to change her with a headbutt "de!" He exclaimed happily

De knew he was surrounded his clostraphobiea kicked in he started to cry a little he saw sylveons smiled he picked himself up and ran for the one sole gap

Sylvia tried to close the gap but De slid under just in time. Sylveon randomly started to slap the ground softly, she hit random spots. De would just have to hope he wasn't in the spot that she slapped.