• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Help with WiFi

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to put it, and I didn't see a 'help' section, so here I am...

So I am at my Uncle's, who has wireless, which I know works, because his laptop uses it.

The WEP key is typed in and I press Test Connection, and then... "Unable to obtain IP address. Move within range of the access point or check DHCP settings..."

So I checked my DHCP settins, and IP and DNS are both on automatic. I tried sorting it manually but I think my 'ipconfig /all' is outdated or something, because the IP is completely different to the one down there, on Pokecharms, and IP reader sites...

Help?

I'm not too good with Wi-Fi unless it's the USB router type, but Maybe this site will help:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/connection.jsp

I'd be able to help you if it was a Router, because I've had many problems with that :(

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Yeah - I saw this post last night & asked El if you were still having trouble, but he was idle on irc for the rest of the night.

Do you still need help?

No sorry, we sorted it. The conclusion was my uncle's WEP on the router was WRONG!

I'm back home now so it doesn't matter anyway! :p

Although I did manage to finish my trade with El at my uncle's! :D