• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Help with my team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to make a good team without legendaries and this is what I have so far. I really need suggestions on how to improve it.

Lucario Lv. 100
Blazikens Lv. 100
Gardivour Lv. 100
Blissey Lv. 100

I really don't have an idea of what to add. Please anyone help me.

It would be quite helpful if you could tell us what moves your pokemon have or will have and what you would want them to do. For now you have 2 ground weaknesses that should be balanced out with either a good water type or even better a levitator or flying type.

Ill help some more when you deliver the details of the current members of your team.

Lucario Lv.100 -Dark Pulse
-Aura Sphere
-Dragon Pulse
-Flash Cannon
Blissey Lv.100 -Hyper Beam
(HP 639) -Softboiled
-Egg Bomb
-Giga Impact
Blazikens Lv.100 -Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut
-Flare Blitz
-Blast Burn
Gardivour Lv.100 -Captivate
-Confusion
-Hyper Beam
-Psychic

I hope this is enough details.

You might want to consider reading this thread:

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=3017.0

Or just take into account this:

The Basics:
3 ) Never have two attacks of the same type on one Pokemon.

For example, if your Gardevoir came up against, say, a Skarmory. It has no moves at all that will be able to defeat it efficiently.

If you didn't have two psychic moves on Gardevoir, and say had something like Thunderbolt instead of Confusion, then you'd still be able to defeat those weak to psychic, but also not be screwed over when someone comes into play who is resistant to psychic moves. Such as said Skarmory :p

You also want to play your moves to the best attack stat of your pokemon. For example, Alakazam has the ability to learn Psycho Cut, a physical psychic attack and thus uses the attack stat to determine power, and can also learn Psychic, a special psychic attack and thus uses the special attack stat to determine power.

If you had the choice, and looking at the fact that Alakazam's special attack stat is nearly 3 times his attack stat, which move would you choose?

Psycho Cut or Psychic? The answer's above.

Hope this helps you out some.

On a slightly unrelated note, I'd avoid moves like Hyper Beam. You can use two turns to use an attack worth 150 base power like Hyper Beam, or you can use two turns to use an attack with say, 90 base power but end up doing 180 base power damage in total. That's why no one uses these types of moves, unless you have a special situation like Slaking who only attacks once every two turns anyway.

Thanks A lot! Thats a Great idea I never took that into consideration. Do you have any idea of whhat kind of items I should use?

Items I have no idea :D

I just know the moves really, there are others on the site who know much more about items than I do.

I just fling leftovers everywhere :p

Thanks anyway. I don't know much about moves but I'm way better at getting strong pokemon from eggs. evry little bit of help I get is highly appreciated.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Here's some idea of what to look for, on each:

Lucario @ Salac Berry/Life Orb/Wise Glasses
Modest
Inner Focus

- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse
- Calm Mind/Dragon Pulse
- Substitute/Psychic

Special Lucario. There's two ways you can go really, as shown above. You can either go the Calm Mind/Substitute route and have the Salac Berry, or go for the coverage route and have a Life Orb instead. Note that Aura Sphere + Dark Pulse, contrary to popular belief, does NOT provide perfect coverage (Toxicroak walls you,) but Aura Sphere + Shadow Ball does. Use Dark Pulse however if you decide against Calm Mind/Substitute.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold
Natural Cure/Serene Grace

- Ice Beam
- Softboiled
- Aromatherapy/Thunderbolt
- Seismic Toss/Calm Mind

Calm Mind creeps onto another set with Blissey, but for generally different purposes. Blissey's Sp.Attack vastly outstrips her abysmal Attack stat, and since Ice Beam can do damage to every Pokemon in the game bar Shedinja, it becomes the attack of choice. Softboiled for healing yourself, Aromatherapy to keep your team free of status effects also, and either Seismic Toss for a consistent 100 damage every turn, or Calm Mind as mentioned earlier to boost Ice Beam's damage as well as boost your defenses. Pick Serene Grace/Thunderbolt/Calm Mind if you don't want to re-breed, since Seismic Toss and Aromatherapy will require you re-breeding.

Blaziken @ Life Orb/Muscle Band
Lonely/Hasty
Blaze

- Sky Uppercut
- Brave Bird/Shadow Claw/Earthquake
- ThunderPunch/Stone Edge
- Fire Blast/Flare Blitz

Blaziken not getting Close Combat is a travesty in my opinion, so you have to make do with Sky Uppercut for your STAB Fighting move. Otherwise, Blaziken's movepool is amazing - after having both STAB types, you can effectively mix and match the other two moves to your heart's desire. Adamant/Jolly Nature works best if you choose Flare Blitz over Fire Blast.

Gardevoir @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Modest
Trace

- Psychic
- Shadow Ball/Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball/Trick

Trick is Platinum only, so you may have to wait a few months for that one. Psychic for STAB, Shadow Ball/Focus Blast for extra coverage, likewise with Thunderbolt. If you can't get Trick, have Energy Ball instead since Gardevoir doesn't get much else, unfortunately.

Finally, make sure you read that thread that LoN_Colossus posted. I've noticed you posting in other people's threads here in the Clinic giving them advice that either ranges from being poor to outright terrible. Make sure you know what you're talking about before helping others, since you may end up doing more harm than good.

wow I never thaught I would get this much help. Thanks guys. Your suggestions are really helpful I've already seen the diffrences in my pokemons' strength. Does anyone have any suggestions for two more pokemon to add to my team? (please don't suggest any legendaries I'm trying not to use any.)

Judging by your current types, I'd suggest using something along the lines of Gengar and Lanturn, they help cover some weaknesses (Ground, Fighting for Gengar and Electric absorption for Lanturn) and also provides some nice coverage once again.

That's who I would choose, anyway. I'm sure people like KoL can come up with something fifty times as good :p

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
To be honest, I'm not one for picking people's team members for them. What I will do is suggest what your team needs.

As LoN said, having 2 Pokemon weak to Earthquake isn't good. With the 4 Pokemon you have now, a Salamence or Gyarados could rip through your whole team with ease after one Dragon Dance. Anything that has the Levitate ability or is of the Flying-type would be useful to have around, or anything that just has very good defense. Skarmory and Weezing are two examples of Pokemon that fit both those criteria. Both these Pokemon can PHaze too, so Salamence and Gyarados will find little use with their Dragon Dance since you can easily remove it.

Another thing your team seems to be lacking is offensive type coverage. With two Fighting-types, one of which using a lot of the moves Gardevoir gets as well, your type coverage is a bit spare. A good Water-type with a deep movepool could help you here, such as Starmie, or even Kingdra. This depends on whether you really want your team to be more offense oriented or not. If you don't, a staller/annoyer in the final slot can work well also.

Those are the sort of things that would fill the gaps in your team, although ultimately the choice of who you use is up to you, as I nor anyone else should really be choosing your team members for you.

I do have my old Salamance to use but what do you guys think about a Swampert? I don't quite remember the moves or anything about it but what I mostly remember is how it was really good with offense.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
This thread is being locked until you prove yourself worth of being removed from the Realm of n00bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.