• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

HEAVY OBJECT: Gamma (RP idea)

@Il Fantasma @Lucas Inazumai

"After all, war did not cease. But there was a change. "Object, the super-gigantic weapon - this changed everything of war."

In the future, the development of massive war machines called Objects have rendered conventional warfare and even tactical nuclear weapons seemingly obsolete. As a consequence of this military upheaval, all of the nations of the world have fractured into four coalitions which constantly wage war on each other; the Legitimate Kingdom, focused on tradition; the Capitalist Enterprise, which values profit; the Intelligence Union, focused on knowledge; and the Faith Organization, which values religion above everything else. With the perception that only Objects can destroy Objects, modern warfare is reduced to duels between Objects, resulting in shorter, cleaner, and safer wars. However, this all changes when two regular soldiers from the Legitimate Kingdom, Qwenthur Barbotage and Havia Winchell, use their smarts and ingenuity to destroy the Water Strider; an Object belonging to the Faith Organization, all by themselves. Having proven that Objects created by man can also be destroyed by man, Qwenthur and Havia are honored as heroes. Many despise the pair for this success and their long string of successes since, but many also regard them as heroes and are inspired by their efforts.
In the 28th Mechanized Maintenance Battalion, a young soldier named Lily Tomoya is inspired by the heroic efforts of the 37th. Unfortunately, she and her battalions have only ever been faced with Object vs Object battles. Her unit has been tasked with the care and maintenance of Sniper Beetle, the Object piloted by Ren Nagato. However, one day, an Object continues attacking after a battle is won. This forces Lily and her unit to take direct action. Can they defeat the Object - or more importantly, survive?

So yeah, that's the basic concept for the RP. If you've ever seen the anime Heavy Object, you'll know what to expect. We're all going to be fighting under the Legitimate Kingdom, so make at least one character that's part of the 28th. Lily needs friends, so make sure to give her some! The unit only has one elite/Object, so you can't take that role. Sorry! I'll also probably take the major of the unit if no one else does by the time we start, as I already have a character idea. Anyways, the rules for the most part are the same as usual. Just make sure to write as much as you can. No need to rush a post, as long as you do post! Also, the rules of the normal Heavy Object world apply here. If you've never seen the anime, then here's a link to free videos of the entire series: HEAVY OBJECT I'd recommend watching at least the first three episodes to understand the concept, but you don't have to. After all, your character is probably a soldier unless you're using an elite/Object not from the 28th. Light cursing and blood is fine, just no explicit gore. Dirty jokes are allowed, but nothing above T for Teen. ...well, I may allow a bit more than that, but point is no actual dirty stuff like intercourse or nudity. Oh, and what I say goes no matter what. Unless you can formulate a logical counter-argument, which I'd love to hear. Logic should always take priority!
Name:
Age: (over 15, because the army probably doesn't allow anyone under 16 that's not an Elite)
Rank: (Soldier, Student, Major, etc. Only one Major, though.)
Appearance:
Personality: (optional)
Backstory: (optional)
Battle Gear: (items and weapons the character brings into battle)
Allegiance:
Friends: (optional)
Dislikes: (optional)
Name: Lily Tomoya
Appearance: Has shoulder-length blonde hair and green eyes with a light skin tone. Wears the same suit as most soldiers in the Legitimate Kingdom (think Qwenthur and Havia's suit, but with space for boobs).
Backstory: Growing up poor, Lily had to learn how to survive. She joined the army to change her lifestyle, and get money to help out her sick father back home. She's become extremely fond of Ren Nagato.
Battle Gear: Assault rifle (with Smart bullets), C4 charges, fuses, detonator, knife, radio
Allegiance: Legitimate Kingdom (28th Mobile Maintenance Battalion)
Friends: I'll fill this in when we get people. (Later Ren Nagato, The Major)
Dislikes: Objects, people making assumptions about her, people looking too much into her personal life, Councilor Swen
Name: Ren Nagato
Appearance: Wears a blue bodysuit with green lines and several openings around the arms and legs in order to regulate body temperature. Has short brown hair and pale blue eyes.
Backstory: Trained since a young age, Ren has undergone genetic modification and intense study to become the best Elite he can be. It's been two years since he was brought into service, and has lost a total of three of his forty battles while in the cockpit of the Sniper Beetle.
Battle Gear: Radio
Object: Sniper Beetle
Allegiance: Legitimate Kingdom (28th Mobile Maintenance Battalion)
Friends: The Major (Later Lily Tomoya)
Dislikes: Complete losses, cheaters, murderers, terrorists.
Code Name: Sniper Beetle (Legitimate Kingdom)
Affiliation: Legitimate Kingdom (28th Mobile Maintenance Battalion)
Pilot: Ren Nagato
Category: First Generation Multirole
Purpose: Battlefield Control Weapons
Overall Length: 110m
Top Speed: 570km/h
Armor: Layer of 2cm x 500
Spec: Static electricity + laser propulsion system
Main Armament: Heavy Maintained Plasma Laser Battery x3
Secondary Armament: Laser Beam Guns / Rail Gun / Coil Gun / etc.

Last edited:
Going to attempt this despite only three episodes in.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Rey Blanc
Appearance: Slick black hair with red highlights, Left eye red and Right eye blue(Heterochromia), gray military uniform.
Backstory: Born to battle, Rey was inspired by his father who was a soldier in the Legitimate Kingdom. He was once weak at a young age until he went through his father's brutal training and got him to where he is at now.
Battle Gear: Box of matches, Radio and a Switchblade knife
Allegiance:Legitimate Kingdom (28th Mobile Maintenance Battalion)
Friends: Izanagi, Izumi, Sakuna, Ying(Childhood friends), Celia(Ex)
Likes: Trekking, search and destroy and naturally joking around.
Dislikes: Being left out, smoking and mismatched or poor dress code.

Last edited:
They are his friends from childhood like I've stated. The four in the front are all siblings while the last one is his ex-girlfriend who he might mention sometimes in the RP. They don't appear in the RP but only mentioned.

Never heard of this anime before. It seems interesting. Give me a couple days to watch a few episodes to get the gest of it then I'll join.

Been waiting for a while now. Took me about 3 months to watch all episodes. I need all the will I have to watch the last episode. No spoilers though, the last episode kinda spooked me.