• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Happy Pokemon Christmas

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
TEH K00L!!

3 pages of teh kool, in fact - with more to be added over the next few weeks.

Argh.

I would particularly like to draw your attention to the Plusle and Minun as snowmen plushies, which are almost teh kewtest things ever. Also highly necessary is the Pikachu as Santa Christmas tree ornament.

ARGH!!! :x

Fortunately, some of these things are available from eBay. The Plusle and Minun snowmen are available from brianjapan for the reasonable sum of US $17.99 + postage (and I can recommend him as a dealer, as he sold me The Cutest Pikachu Ever). He also has a Mew Christmas tree decoration, which is (unsurprisingly) also adorable.

I just wonder how many $, £ or euros of income Nintendo or The Pokemon Company are losing by not having a Pokemon Center in Europe, or not being willing to ship anything from the NorAm one outside NorAm. (Yes, I understand they have their stupid region-lock on the games - but HOW exactly does it damage their copyright if people outside the US and Canada have access to cute plushies and clothing?).

Bah.

:( The only pokemon merchandise (barring games) that I have seen for a year in this country is...

Nothing!

Well... there is one well loved Psyduck, but thats another story entirely.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I'm still annoyed at how difficult it is to get adult-sized Pokemon t-shirts, or indeed anything for people bigger than a 10 year old. I'm a bit surprised Hot Topic haven't picked up on it, because they do Hello Kitty, Teletubbies, general Nintendo and god knows what else in the way of scary supposedly-for-children animated shows/games merchandise. Or maybe they think Pokemon is so 1998...

Still very amused at the fact that punk, goth & metal styles have now been fashionable for a whole 3 years. There was I, proudly into goth 8 years too early... My students find it hysterical that I used to date a boy who wore black lipstick. (I haven't pointed out to them that he's the same person I now own a house with).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
[quote name='"baratron"]I'm still annoyed at how difficult it is to get adult-sized Pokemon t-shirts' date=' or indeed anything for people bigger than a 10 year old. [/quote']

I totally agree. Time and time again I've tried to buy Pokemon T-shirt or ball-caps just to find out that they don't come in adult sizes. It's very frustrating when you consider the average age of Pokemon fans online nowadays :?

I did get lucky with a few of my shirts, though, my best fitting probably being my baseball jersey-style Snorlax t-shirt. I have a few others as well but one of them is kinda small, and the other has a very tight neck. Oh well... After years of this kind of treatment you tend to get used to it ¬_¬

I make my own. ^_^

My favourite has a 3D Poké Ball with silhouettes of Groudon and Kyogre (with their glowing patterns) and the phrase, "Harness the Legend" on the front, and a similar image with just a silhouetted Rayquaza (also with glowing patterns) on the back (no phrase). Made it all in Photoshop!

Wish I had a digital camera so I could show it off...

Last edited by a moderator: