• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Halloween costumes 2009 :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Going to any parties? Out on the town for some candy plundering? Or maybe you're one of those nasty "juvenile delinquents" we're always hearing about who cause Halloween holiday mischief :O

Regardless, you're probably dressing up for the occasion. So, what will it be for you guys this year? If you have pictures (or will have them as of Halloween night), feel free share 'em.

Myself, I've got nothing big planned. If we're allowed to dress up this coming Friday at work, I'll probably just throw on my mock-Kisuke hat (because I can has hat and it's

Ah, Halloween~ I love it so.

I'll be throwing a party and trick-or-treating this year. Basically, it will be a party at which we go out and be part of wacky shenanigans around my neighborhood, and then we'll go back to my house and stay up all night watching zombie movies. If I can get them in time. If not, we'll just watch general awesome things.

I'm still considering doing a random cosplay for my Friday classes, if for no other reason than Haruhi Suzumiya will be handing in a Chemistry test XD

I guess you could call my costume a ninja. Basicly, I'm dressing in black with only my eyes showing. ( I want as little skin showing as possible, but I really don't want to run into a tree from lack of sight.) Then I'll hide in the dark woods where I'll be practically invisible. I've got this whole thing planned where two friends supposedly get grabbed and dragged into the deep woods, leaving two others alone and really freaked out. For this to work I must be as invisible as possibe, thus the result is me wearing a ninja costume.

Will get photos asapppp but for now let me shaaaaaare with you my secrets~

So I decided one day I wanted to get my friends together, design outfits for them and force them to dress up as the characters from Alice in Wonderland.
I'll be portraying a rather Steamy rendition of the Mad Hatter

-Giggles at Belle- That's awesome, that's actually why my group did last year.. I was Alice, if you haven't seen that pic. XD

ANYWAY..On Friday I am going to my friend's party..which will include drinking (alcohol for my friends, Coca-Cola for me

I'm in adult size now, so it is hard to find a costume that isn't all sluttish. My mom and I searched around all of the temporary Halloween stores that pop up and found a non-sluttish nurse costume. Deciding that it was boring, I told my mom to get me some pink leggings (pink skirts don't exist practically d:) and pink temporary hair dye so I could be Nurse Joy. I should post a pic on Friday because we're supposed to wear our costumes to school that day.

I have a Pikachu plush that I'll carry around so it should be more obvious who I am.

I'm most likely going as a newsie. You know, one of those adorable little tramps that went around and sold papers back in the old days. With the suspenders and the high pants and the adorable accents. lol

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm working on Saturday, so no parties for me. If we're allowed to dress up while working, I'd love to rip up one of my old uniforms and go as a Tesco employee zombie. Bit of blood here and there, and I bet I'd look rather scary to the little kiddies XD

However, I doubt Tesco would approve. If we're allowed to dress up at all it'd only be very basic costumes. If I am allowed, I'll get a photo.

I'm being a ninja this year. I was one two years ago, but this time I've improved it a bit. Like I'm wrapping up the bottom of my pants so it does the cool tight thing at the ankles, got a gigantic shirt from a random closet that will do the baggy top thing very well, and a lot of random black fabric to make it look nice.
I'll post a photo when I decide to get back into it and junk.
As for a party, my boyfriend planned to watch Charade at my house, cuz I'm not one for being scared... it is a murder mystery though.

I'm going to a party on Saturday! Yay!
I'm probably going as a Zompire (A cross between a Zombie and a Vampire) although I might wear this mask I have which makes you look like you have no head when in the dark.
I've been digging out tonnes of old Halloween stuff XD

Eh, I'm just going to be handing out candy in a witch outfit this year. I'm still a little sick, so I hope I can give brats my flu as they take all the candy I have.

Haha, suckers D:

At first, I was going to go all-out and dress up as Medusa, with a snake headdress, fangs, makeup, and all the awesomeness. However, that plan got scrapped because of my higher-ups. so I just got some fangs from Hot Topic.

So instead, I'm going as a vampire. Same costume as last year, but I'm going to try harder to scare the little kiddies at a fall festival tonight. Tomorrow, I'm going to a friend's birthday party. His birthday's on the 2nd, but he said 'What the heck, why not?' We're going to play DnD, various other video games, and have fun. If only I could make a good Razorclaw costume in time. I would love to go as Tyris, my character.

I have been in the process of making a Poliwhirl outfit.
I will first be wearing it to a Fraternity social this evening, then tomorrow night I plan on finding a nearby neighborhood and Trick-or-Treating before going to Rocky Horror at midnight. It should be a wonderful weekend.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I went ahead and wore my Kisuke-wannabe hat to work today. None of the students or my co-workers actually knew what it related to - as expected - but ... many of them commented on how the hat was "cute". Can't say I ever expected that response... XP

I also enjoyed the convo I had with my male co-worker buddy this morning. After teaching in Japan for many years, he's pretty educated on Japanese culture - the good and the bad:

Him: "So, what're you supposed to be?"
Me: "A Japanese Otaku."
Him: "............" *rolly eyes*

His patronizing laugh made my day.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Like Jenova, I think I'm on brat duty today. :p I don't have a costume or anything, so I'll just have to, I dunno, steal a hat. Watching the kiddies come round will be fun though, so I'm not complaining. :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Fear teh Pumpkin!

CIMG5725.jpg

Via request for my young cousin's Halloween party. If I can't go to one I can at least contribute ^^

Nice pumpkin, Silver. It reminds me of Jack Skellington for some reason.

Right now, I'm searching for some DnD convention to cosplay at. Hopefully that makes up for my lack of dressing up on Halloween.

jesseasthejoker.jpg

Yes. Fangasm before this epicness you see before you. I can't begin to describe how awesome my night was, other than saying "Considering how good that looks, imagine for yourself how it went."

I also went to the court square to re-enact scenes from the movie :3

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Sweet Mother of....

O_o

That is all I have to say.

Anyway, Tesco were gits and would only let us wear hats. Not that hats aren't awesome. I bought the tallest one I could find XD

this hallow's eve me and my two friends were the Italian mafia. we greased back our hair and wore white button up shirts, while one friend wore a suit and tie and was the godfather, while me and the other friend stood at his sides. it was cool.

My dream costume is to be Michael Myers. But masks are so dang expensive for him. He's my favorite serial killer. On Halloween, my friends persuaded me to go trick or treating even though we're 16. I got 10 lbs of candy then we went back to there house and watched Halloween, Halloween 2, 4 and 5. It was epic.