• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hacker: Renegade

(Been on vacation) (Not sure if I was supposed to hear the EEVILLL voices...)

"Stupid bitch viruses." Alyssa muttered unhappily. "Going for my home."

It was a long way from the city to the Fire Plains, and Alyssa, despite her athletic stature, was starting to wear out. "PAH!" She sighed, and pulled out her water bottle. Taking a few sips, Alyssa began to feel better. "Ahh. Ian," She said, turning towards her left, "How much longer 'till we get there? I'm..." She paused reluctantly, "Tired."

"Alyssa," Dar buzzed, "There's life fourms ahead. Too far for me to scan them, though."

Alyssa nodded. "Thanks Dar," She said, turning back to Ian. "Dar says that there's life fourms ahead. What should we do?"

(I don't think you were, it's evil forshadowy things.)

Ian followed Blake and Alyssa quietly, flexing his newly healed limbs. Again, it seemed like neither were listening. Though Ian didn't know if it was because they didn't hear him or what. His limbs had healed nicely as they had walked. When Alyssa mentioned that she was tired, Ian looked around and quickly consulted his map, "It's about another half an hour out of game time walk. But it's almost night so we should probably set up camp." He was about to go digging for his tent and whatnot when Alyssa brought up the other life forms. Ian drew his gun and looked ahead, "I'll check it out. You stay here and rest, you look like you need it." He smiled kindly then moved after the supposed lifeforms. The trees of the forest slowly melted away to reveal the beginnings of the Fire Plains. Ian stopped behind one of the trees and poked his head around.

Two figures were battling with the monsters of the plains and some bandits who had decided to jump in for the quick kill. Good...nothing threatening. Ian thought as he crept back and returned to camp. He told what he had seen to Alyssa and Blake before setting up the campfire and rolling out his bedroll close to Alyssa. Ian sat down and tapped a few buttons on his arms screen and the screen projected itself into mid air. Running his fingers through the air, He formed a keyboard and immediately began working on a solution to the glitch zone. It was tricky, since the zone wasn't a natural formation of the games fragmented programming. He occasionally looked up to see what the group was doing, "So what is the plan when we get there? I still need some data to form a code strong enough to seal the zone away." Ian said non nonchalantly, trying to start up a conversation.

(forgot to say that I was on vacation, now I have to make up for the stalling I caused)

Blake said nothing as the three of them went through the flatlands and the jungle. Then, at last, Fire Plains sprawled out in front of them. The soil itself was a reddish color, and the majority of the plants growing here resembled wheat or savannah grass, but they would have been a striking red if they weren't in very thin stalks. A bunch of these plants together would give the appearance of a fire from a distance, hence the name of the expanse they stood upon. With the sun setting, it was probably a good idea to set up camp. Creatures of the night have a chance of showing up at night, and they are usually very powerful, wouldn't want to run into one when they already had their hands full. As Alyssa pitched a tent and Ian went to scout, Blake took out the suit the Samus-lookalike wore when he attacked him. He copied the data on it and transferred it onto his computer.

Blake then opened up a file he called 'demo world'. It was supposedly a miniature replica of areas of the Renegade world, purely for Blake to test elements of the game. Using the data from the suit, he was able to replicate the suit on this game and put it in the inventory of his demo character. Wearing that, Blake practiced using the tech within it, just to get a feel for it, understand how much hacking had gone into creating it. When he was pretty satisfied with his experiment, he switched back to the main game.

Blake looked up to see Ian returning from his scouting. When Ian asked about how to shut the glitch down, Blake explained the works of the code. "The code we used in Barestrol was the same code used to destroy a glitch zone with similar properties about twenty months ago. The code temporarily disabled that glitch in the flatlands, then erased it when it reappeared in the junk pits. What I'm saying is that the code just needs very minor adjustments in order to shut it off here in Fire Plains. I'm not sure what adjustments, but there might be a clue in the programming of the game itself."

(reminder, the paragraph in italics is one that doesn't take place in the game itself, but instead from the real Blake on the computer)

Alyssa sighed and congured up a fire. "The Fire Plains will be hard to navagate," She pointed out, "Without a proper map, that is. And it's impossible to map the Fire Plains, because it changes every sunrise." As if on cue, the sun began to rise, casting light on the small valley where the camp was. Suddenly, they were no longer in a valley, but on a small moor.

"See?" Alyssa said pointedly, and proceeded to stop the small fire. She blinked unhappily and laid back against the grass.

(Sorry about short post, in a hurry.)

Ian nodded as Blake fed him information on the code and the glitch zone. Ian tapped a few more keys before closing his window and watching to group lay down to rest. Ian flipped open his laptop and looked over the information he had sent himself. The code scrolled across his screen and notes pinned themselves to parts that would need to be adjusted. Working quickly, Ian modified the code and tested it on a copy of the glitch they were about to encounter, hopefully. The code worked flawlessly. It didn't send the glitch to the junk pits, it merely disassembled the glitch and reformatted the game's code to its correct settings. Ian sent the information back to himself in game and returned to his computer.

Ian checked to make sure the code was sent properly and then looked around. Alyssa mentioned the plains constantly changing and, on cue, the land shifted. It dumped Ian onto a stump as Alys put out the fire and laid back on the grass. Ian rested an elbow on his knee and propped his head up, "I got the code reformatted. It'll fix the problem when we get there." He said quietly before looking down at Alyssa, "Are you alright?"

Alyssa sighed and shook her head. "Not really, no. The Fire Plains is kind of my home. I'm worried about all of the animals and people here." She glanced at a small bunny-like creature, with ears twice its size and purple-and-green fur. "The Fire Plains will be destroyed." She said, holding out her hands for the bunny-creature. It hopped over to her and nuzzled against her arm. "A Jayyon." Alyssa explained to Ian, stroking the creature's fur. "They're inhabitants of the Fire Plains."

The Jayyon looked around, its red eyes gleaming. Unknown to Alyssa, this creature had a purpose far greater then just being cute. Its red eyes started scanning the camp and players, memorizing their location and weapons.

Suddenly, DarCom's emergency alarm went off. "Warning! Unauthorized scan in progress! Warning!"

Alyssa sprang up, the Jayyon still in her arms. The bunny-like creature tried to looked scared and innocent. "Wha?" She exclaimed. "Dar, locate position of scanner."

DarCom searched, but the Jayyon was done scanning. "Alyssa, I'm afraid that we lost it." The mechanical voice buzzed.

"Lost it?" Alyssa asked, then sat down. "Wha..? Dar, do you think it could've been a false alarm?" The Jayyon in Alyssa's arms hopped up and down, but Alyssa wouldn't let go. It needed to go. Before anyone figured out that it was him.

"No, Alyssa. There's no way that it could've been false." DarCom replied. "If you like, I'll stay on alert mode, just in case."

Alyssa nodded. "Good idea."

Blake raised an eyebrow when Alyssa gave her monologue about the Fire Plains inhabitants. It was obvious that Alyssa thought too much about computer generated creatures, Blake couldn't care less.

"Viruses, don't care about the inhabitants, only the players. They literally ignore them. I wouldn't worry about the creatures here. Besides, they're not even real. Their some design some programmer designed to decorate the Fire Plains, they weren't born or anything." Blake explained. Although this seemed plausible to some, Blake had no idea how wrong he was about to become…

"I'm starting to get a signal, the glitch zone is opening. It's still too small, but it's enough for me to get a direction. It's in the North-East." Ian explained, with timing that could have prevented an argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian watched the small Jayyon as Alyssa explained the Fire Plains to him. He hadn't been outside of Barestol in a good long while. There was something odd about the Jayyon's eyes...but Ian couldn't discern what so he let it pass. He was about to make some comforting comment when Alyssa's DarCom went off and started yelling a warning, which made him jump. His glove materialized his Desert Eagle into his hand as Ian snapped it up and scanned the camp's surroundings. Who or what would be scanning? There isn't anything around for a good mile or so... Ian mused as he relaxed and sat back down. He looked at the small Jayyon as it bounced and squirmed, "Looks like it wants to go. I don't blame it. If the glitch pops up I think everyone would want to be as far from it as possible." Ian mused.

Blake decided to take up Alyssa's previous statement about the creatures of this world. As Blake stated, they were just data, but Ian could see how people would be attached the this world. Everything was programmed down to such small detail that sometimes the world did seem real. Blake seemed to press really hard down onto Alyssa about the inhabitants being real. Suddenly, his arm screen flashed and a small arrow pointed to the north-east. Looks like the glitch has arrived. Ian thought as he stated, "I'm starting to get a signal, the glitch zone is opening. It's still too small, but it's enough for me to get a direction. It's in the North-East."

He stood up and gathered his gear before facing the direction of the Glitch. He looked back to Blake, "Viruses may not care about the inhabitants but glitches will. They will bug and crash anything in the area and probably turn it into a Corrupted or worse." He shrugged and looked over to Alyssa, "Besides, so what if this world is fake? People can get attached to something that technically isn't "alive"."

Ian rounded on Blake, "And IF this was just scenery..." He made a motion to show me meant everything in sight, "Then why did the programmers go to such trouble to make it act and react to things as though they WERE real? I can tell you. The programmers WANTED players to care about the inhabitants or the land or any of the small things you deem as "Scenery"." His voice remained perfectly calm and polite as he spoke. He wasn't angry, it was just how he viewed things. He kept up his conversational tone as he walked towards the glitch zone, "Either way it wont matter unless we close this. If it was deliberately made it probably has one hell of a defense set up to stop us. And who knows what will spawn out of it." Ian gave a quick smile to Blake and Alyssa before looking down at his arm screen. He walked and tapped a few buttons, monitoring the state of the Glitch and the stability of the surrounding area.

Elsewhere...

Out in an open plain surrounded by a dense forest, the sky turned dark. A wind slowly blew and brushed along the long grass. Animals darted away from the center of the field as a lightning bolt struck, tearing the ground asunder. Where the ground was torn, darkness showed and slowly leaked out. Green ones and zeros flashed along the darkness as it grew into a Glitch Zone. Creatures caught in the zone became horribly mutated and violent, Corrupted.

"Is everything set up Amus?" A voice said quietly from the nearby shadows of the forest.

"Yes Talon. We can't afford to mess up this time. Those three are resourceful in their own way. Hopefully they still haven't learned to coordinate." Another voice spoke.

The first voice laughed and small crackles of lightning sprung from the man's fists, "No matter. I doubt they will be able to handle the two of us. We will simply delete them and take the two males' items. Then the Organization will be able to complete their plans. And look on the bright side. There is a third, which means we will be able to provide a bonus to the leaders." The voice cackled.

"Just remember your part and be ready. If they manage to punch through the Corrupted and the Viruses, you will be the only one to stop them from reaching the zone." The second voice growled.

"And what about you Amus? What will you be doing?" The first voice said softly.

"Just do you part and you will see. We wont fail this time." The second voice snapped, "They are ten minutes away. Be ready."

Alyssa looked over at Ian. "They're designed the way they are for a purpose. This game is real to so many people. These creatures are so real, it's like they have hearts, brains." She smiled and patted the Jayyon where its heart would be. "I can almost feel it beating. I'm connected to this world now. I'd bet, next time I see my pet rabbit, I'll think of you." She rubbed the Jayyon's head.

Alyssa shook her head. She turned to Blake. "This IS my world now. The real world isn't so nice to me..." She let the Jayyon go, and it hopped off. Alyssa got up and walked to the other side of the camp. "I can see the glitch." She announced.

Just about a mile away, a small black hole was forming in the the middle of two trees. It was spurting out blue and gray energy bolts. "We'd better get going." She said, her eyes at the ground. Alyssa picked up her backpack and trotted off, still not looking up.

Blake stood up and stayed just behind the other two Hackers, bringing himself to numerous questions that sprouted up in the last while. What is this new force in Renegade? And why are they trying to take out the Hackers? Could it be connected to the virus strike occurring at this moment? If so, then that's why they would want the Hackers out of the way. But what reason would they have to open up glitches anyway? And where was everyone? Blake had only just realized that ever since the message of not being able to log on again was sent out back in Barestrol, before he and Ian even met Alyssa, they haven't seen a single other player on the entire game. It was as if Renegade had become a ghost town. For a game of a million players, both young and old, this was extraordinary.

The three of them stopped on a ledge that overlooked a dip in the ground that stretched two miles. The glitch zone was only just visible in a clump of grass between two trees in the middle of this dip in the ground, there was only two viruses out at this time, though a third one was already emerging from the zone. This battle was going to have less viruses than before, and all of them were starting from scratch, losing all the evolution progress their 'brothers' developed in Barestrol. So the viruses weren't going to be the main problem, what will be troublesome would be if an unsuspecting creature of the Fire Plains came into contact with a virus or the glitch zone, that would then corrupt it and cause it to join the virus legions as a mutated cross between it's former self and a virus. Resulting in a dangerous titan that could be as strong as two large viruses. What's more, they had no weak spots. Blake couldn't see any on the ground, so he and the others came in time. But there was a saber-rat, an over-sized, saber-toothed form of the classic vermin, scavenging for food twenty meters to the right. Better keep the viruses from that.

"Okay, this is the same drill as before. I believe you all know what to do." Blake instructed to Ian and Alyssa, then pulled out his weapon and went dashing down towards the glitch zone.

Ian cracked open another soda as he watched his character and his companions proceed towards the ledge overlooking the plains surrounded by trees. There were no creatures out in the field, which was a good thing. And only a minute number of viruses about. Ian leaned onto his desk and tapped his chin, looking at the layout of the field, "Something isn't right. This looks too easy..." Ian mused as he ran a few scans of the area. While they ran Ian returned to the game.

"We should think this through. It looks too easy..." Ian said as checked the ammunition on his desert eagles. He looked up just in time to watch Blake rush down the hill towards the zone. His arm flashed a multitude of alarms. Oh no... Ian faltered before yelling, "BLAKE! IT'S A TRAP! GET OUT OF THERE!!!" but it was too late...

From the trees, viruses rushed in like a flood straight towards Blake. The glitch zone pulsed and became erratic as it lashed lightning and corruption out at everything near it. Behind the viruses, even more grotesque beings charged out. They were SUPPOSED to be the normal creatures of the land. However, they were horribly mutated by the corruption of the Glitch Zone. And to top it off the clouds swirled and built over the battleground, becoming monstrous thunderheads.

"I know that code..." Ian murmured before taking aim at the nearest creatures around Blake. His guns barked loudly as the shells tore into the viruses, "Heads Up BLAKE! Those guys from earlier are back!" Ian turned just in time to see a large, broad shouldered saber tooth with black, corrupted tendrils flowing out of its back charge at Ian. He dove and rolled, firing at the creature wildly. When Ian landed he deftly rolled back up onto his feet, "Alyssa any Ideas!?" Ian yelled.

Alyssa pulled out her eletro-blades and cartwheeled down the hill, jumping Viruses and running towards the glitch zone. She jabbed a bade into a Virus who got infront of her, then gingerly stepped over it. She glanced behind her, and gasped. The virus she'd just killed was getting up! The hole in its chest was closing up, too! "Blake, Ian!" She yelled. "They can heal themselves!" The virus hit Alyssa across the face and she toppled over.

Spinning around on her back like a top, Alyssa kicked the Virus's feet from under it and jumped up, heading for the Glitch zone again. She fought her way through a couple of viruses, before getting cornered by about five. "Oh, God." She muttered, trying to think of what to do.

(little late, but that's what tests do to you...)

Blake was caught off guard as the endless amount of viruses burst through the trees for him. Where did they all come from? There was no way this could have taken effect on its own. Then Ian pointed out that the growing thunderstorm meant that whoever conjured it up in Barestrol was here as well. But where? And what about the one with the Samus armor? Was he here too? This made it risky to use anything powerful, but in this situation, he had no choice. He just had to make sure he didn't let anything go.

Blake picked both of his remaining reflector capsules on his belt and activated them. As the timer within each of them counted down the five seconds, He ran directly at the en mass of viruses and corrupted. Just before he collided with the first virus, the reflector capsules kicked in. Blake held them diagonally in each hand and formed a triangle shape in front of him that pushed enemies aside and cleared a path for him to go through. Just like a bulldozer. Almost immediately, the majority of the lightning bolts were aimed at him. Occasionally, they hit the reflector shields themselves, but they did more damage to the viruses than Blake himself.

Blake would be able to get quite close to the glitch zone with this strategy, but it wouldn't help him once he got there. The others needed to get to him somehow before any of them would find an opening to close the glitch zone.

Ian turned and dived as the tiger tried to pounce on him again. He rolled to his feet and turned just in time to see Alyssa get her face smashed in by a virus. Thinking quickly, Ian tapped a few codes on his arm screen. His entire character shifted as he was sent down the hill towards Alyssa. In the spot he occupied sat an illusion of himself, poised ready to face down the tiger. The tiger charged and tore at the illusion before it winked out of existence, but Ian was already rushing towards Alyss. He looked over at Blake for help. However, he seemed to be handling his own problems, he was charging straight towards the Glitch zone, shields ablaze.

The Viruses surrounding Alyssa raised their corrupted claws and crept closer to strike at Alyssa. Immediately, two of their heads were torn apart as slugs tore through them. Ian jumped into the air and slammed his foot down onto a third, cutting a forth open with his sword. As he landed, Ian rolled and popped up onto his feet next to Alyssa. Only then did he notice the viruses starting to heal and stand up. He looked over to Alyssa, "We need to group up near Brendan before we get severely outnumbered." He said simply before slashing and firing a path towards Brendan and the glitch zone.

Just as Blake neared the Glitch zone, A lightning bolt struck down right in front of him. The bolt formed into the silver haired man that had fought Ian. The man landed softly before launching a straight kick towards Blake's abdomen, his boot crackling with electricity. Viruses swiftly closed in on Blake and began launching attacks.

Nearby, Amus began suiting up a new set of armor. What he was planning was risky, but it would work, he was sure of it. He tapped a few buttons on his arm cannon and checked the settings. The slide on the gun moved back, revealing a black, pulsing swirl of energy. One blast from this gun could effectively increase the zones power. The only risk was it could also tear the game apart. Amus slid on his helmet and watched the battle, waiting.

Alyssa called her thanks to Ian, then began fighting her way towards Blake, careful not to let any viruses come withing five feet of her. "Aagh!" She exclaimed. "There's too many!" Alyssa kept fighting, though. This wasn't going to end so easily.

She jumped over a clump of Viruses, slashing at the largest one's head, and it toppled over. Alyssa rushed on before it had a chance to heal. Stopping momentarily, she stared at a lightning bolt that almost hit Ian. The lightning bolt started shifting... into a man?? "What the hell is that?" She breathed. Remembering the viruses, she cartwheeled towards Ian. Stopping, she realized that viruses were attacking Blake, too.

Alyssa took advantage of this situation, (Though it wasn't a good situation in the least bit,) and ran towards the glitch zone, a pale pink shield surrounding her on all sides.

(sorry about the lateness, I have quite a few tests coming up as the end of school nears, so I had to limit the time spent working on RPs)

The man that suddenly appeared to block Blake's path delivered a kick to the shields as soon as he was materialized. The shields were already weakened enough, and his boot was crackling with electricity. So it was no surprise that the shields broke apart as he made contact and pushed through. The kick continued through, and knocked Blake backwards. He lightened the fall by doing a backwards roll, then standing up to face his opponent. Blake took out his weapon of choice, and switched it to sword mode.

"Do you wish to duel honorably, or am I expecting a few cheats on your end?" Blake asked, pointing the beam sword at the thunder caster.

"That might not be necessary, but I'll cheat if I have to." He answered, using his hands to create a ball of energy between his hands, he then grabbed it with both hands and stretched it out, it became a battle staff made entirely of electricity.

"That's good enough for me" Blake said, then charged at the man in front of him, ready to impale him through. The man responded by knocking it off course with the electro-staff. He in turn then tried to do a horizontal sweep with the end of his weapon. Blake parried that in a similar fashion. Blake counterattacked by sliding his weapon down the electric currents until it came in contact with his hand. Blake hopped backwards three paces before he went for a deadlier blow. Looking behind him, Blake could see the viruses were going for him again. They must have stopped when the electro-kinetic appeared. The viruses are going to be a serious threat for him, but the same problem should persist for his opponent as well. Viruses don't care who people in the game are, they will attack any players they see. Blake's opponent hasn't seen the viruses coming closer yet, maybe it's possible for Blake to try and divert the majority of the virus attention towards his opponent and send him packing while Blake, Ian, and Alyssa dealt with the glitch zone.

(Sorry bout the delay. Just got moved back into my house. All the boxes are gone finally!!)

A trio of Missiles streaked towards Alyssa and detonated in front of her, trying to cut off her route to the glitch zone. Amus activated his thruster packs and streaked through the trees toward Alyss. He landed and skidded, gun raised and firing, "Oh no you don't missy...."

Meanwhile...

Talon laughed and clapped his hands, creating a shock wave of thunder and lightning that raced towards Blake. Talon then drew his blade and automatic pistol, "You're going to have to do better than that kid!" Talon called as he waited for Blake's next move.

The viruses swirled around Blake, slowly moving closer. They seemed to ignore Talon and Amus as if they didn't even exist or were viruses themselves. Half of the Viruses around Blake moved swiftly towards Alyssa.

"This does not look good..." Ian muttered as he raced down to help his fellow Hackers out. The Glitch Zone pulsed darkly, sending ripples that distorted the land it touched. The ground under Ian's feet gave away and sent him tumbling down to the ground. Ian rolled to his feet and stopped right in front of a dark figure. The figure wore a long trench coat that had a hood covering his or her face. Ian raised his gun, "Who are you!?"

The figure stared down the barrel of Ian's weapon and raised his hand. A Virus formed from thin air behind Ian and clubbed him over the head. Ian slumped to the ground, unconscious. The figure looked back at the glitch zone and the fighting before picking Ian up and walking slowly towards the tree line.

Ian watched the figure raise his hand and was already imputing commands for his character to do. Suddenly, as his character was getting knocked out, his computer emitted a surge of electricity that ran through Ian's arms and across his chest. Ian cried out in pain when, as swiftly as it came, the surge vanished. Ian's vision blurred as his character was picked up and dragged off, "What...the hell...is going on..." Ian said quietly as he fell unconscious.

OOC: Felt like we needed something interesting....

Alyssa cried out in despair. All of her allies were disabled in some way. She couldn't even figure out where the hell Ian had gone. As another dozen viruses materialized infront of her, she formed a sword out of pale pink energy and thrust it into the viruses, her sheild sending off pulses of energy. "Oh crap." She sighed, barging through more viruses and finally making it into the glitch zone. An eardrum-shattering boom shook the ground, sending Alyssa off of her feet and crashing out of the glitch zone. Alyssa's eyes widened in horror. The swirling black hole - like glitch was widening. It almost reached the sky. Dark red and black energy bolts were shooting off every which-way, striking the grass and trees and setting them on fire.

Alyssa jumped to her feet, kicking through a virus and flinging it at another. They were like dominoes, one falling and hitting the other. Though Alyssa would've loved to laugh at that, she shook her head and ran back into the glitch zone. She stared at the swirling rip in the game, trying to figure out what to do to shut it down. There was no way in the world that it was going to be as easy as last time.

(once again, taking my time, at least it's only 2 more weeks until summer)

Blake wiped his mouth, picking up a small trickle of blood that matted down his fur. He looked back up at the man and examined his blade and pistol, both were mediocre to the ones he had in his weapon of choice, but having both at the same time could be an advantage.

"You're going to have to do better than that kid!" he mocked, Blake stood up slowly, and waited for the viruses to come to him,

"You want something better, eh?" Blake asked, drawing his beam sword, "well be careful what you wish for..." Blake then kicked in his hover boots, allowing him to levitate slightly; he then angled them and kicked them into overdrive, with his beam sword pointing outwards. The result was a living tornado of dicing and slashing, obliterating almost all the viruses within range of this mutilating fate. Once he was clear of the viruses, he angled the boots further and allowed him to move towards his opponent. He may have been able to deflect these with well-timed vertical swings, but he eventually lost sync and was delivered four slices to the abdomen. Blake's hover boots then wore out and dropped dead. Blake fell to the ground, and then used his hands to catch himself while his feet tripped the recoiling electro kinetic. Blake was now free to disrupt the glitch zone, once he had some sort of cover at least.

"Ian!" Blake called into his communicator, "I need a field hack quickly! Use it to keep me protected while I destroy the glitch zone. There was no response, "Ian! Force field! Pronto!" he instructed again, still no response. "Damn..." Blake whispered, he did not know what happened, but it was clear that Ian was out of commission. He was just going to have to improvise. Two titan viruses stomped out of the glitch zone and immediately set their sights on Blake, as tough as they would be in one-on-one; their weak spots were in the worse spots. Blake activated two reflectors, then ran into one and delivered a jab to its weak spot under its knee. He then rolled between the legs of the other one, leapt up and delivered a sweep at the weak spot on the calf. Both titans disappeared. Blake then crouched down and held his reflectors behind him, they their timers then ran out and started up the fields. Blake slammed the edges of both into the ground, forming a prism behind him. It would not last long once they started assaulting him, but it was the best he had time for. Blake then began to type up the abort codes.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the glitch zone, Amus had now fully charged his secret weapon. He held it in for a second, almost hesitating, considering whether it was the best thing to do. He cast this thought aside, and fired a black swirling orb of energy, the diameter of three basketballs, into the glitch zone.

(I want someone else to describe what happens next, since my post is already huge. Either way, it's a big explosion)

(Make sure to read all of it. Sorry for the small autoing big story line part)

As Alyssa looked at the glitch zone trying to figure out what to do and as Blake was trying everything he could to disable the glitch zone, which was rapidly spinning out of control and becoming erratic, Amus' energy bolt collided with the zone. Immediately, the zone tripled in size, sending out waves of energy that knocked both Blake and Alyssa back. Amus grinned and flew over to Talon to help him up. As soon as both were on their feet, the two vanished out of the area quickly. Bits of the land tore up from the ground and vanished into data. Even the viruses melted down and formed back into the increasingly dangerous Glitch Zone. The sky flashed with dark lightning as the sky split and the data streams of the game could be seen underneath. Creatures darted away from the zone in a futile attempt to flee the destruction of their home.

The same figure that had captured Ian appeared before Alyssa and Blake. The figure was carrying an unconscious Ian on his shoulders with one arm. Before either could react to his or her presence, the figure spoke. His voice sounded deep and full of wisdom as he addressed the two, "This has gone far beyond the game. The entire world is at stake and you three are the only ones left online who can stop the destruction." He raised his hand and it started to swirl with a multitude of color and data. The glitch zone behind the figure started to condense and collapse in on itself, "We don't have much time...Come with me."

In the real world, both of Alyssa's and Blake's computer monitors started flickering and acting erratic. The screens turn pale white and energy rushes out to engulf both Hackers.

The glitch zone collapsed and folded in until it was as small as a marble before exploding, shaking the games very foundations. All over the game's world, areas became corrupted and warped with Viral energy. The game then flashed a brilliant red "ERROR!" message across the world before it flickered and went out. All over, the entire game seemed insanely quiet as the glitch zones explosion finally faded away.

A little while later....

Ian felt a small hand shake his shoulder, jerking him awake. His hand immediately reached for his pistol. He was stopped short as a lance of pain, REAL pain shot across his chest. "Wha...what happened?...I don't remember the games programming being THIS real..." Ian shrugged off the pain and looked at the person who woke him. The lady was one of the many NPCs that stood around Baristol, "Why are you moving?...You usually just stand by the flower stand and ask people to buy flowers..." Ian said dumbly. The girl gave him a quizzical look before laughing lightly, "The flower stand is right over there." She pointed to the stand not five feet from where Ian lay, "Your friend dropped you three off before disappearing. He said that you would be disoriented. Did you hit your head?"

Ian was so confused that none of what the girl had said sank in right away. When did the game get new NPC text? And when did they start acting like...real people? Ian slowly moved to sit up and looked down at his arm screen. The bright red "ERROR!" message still flashed across it. He tapped a few keys and reboot the system to look at his inventory. The only screen that showed up was his hack screen. Panic took him as he tried to access his options, inventory, equipment screen. Nothing showed up, it was as if none of those existed in the game anymore. "It's all gone! My gear...my storage...where did it go!" Ian cried.

The flower girl gave him an odd look, "What are you trying to do? Your "gear" is right there..." She pointed to his holsters, "And I dont know what you mean about storage...but the man did leave you three these packs..." She nodded over to where three large sacks lay, each with his, Alyssa's, and Blake's name on it. A note was pinned to the pile. The sight of the other two names made Ian turn around and look for his companions. They lay right where he was a few seconds ago. Ian crouched down and tried to view their status, but again no screen popped up. Ian muttered to himself, "What is going on...." The injuries on the two looked extremely real...they even bled. Ian shook Alyssa and Blake lightly, "Guys...we have a serious problem...."

"Mom, just five more minutes." Alyssa sighed. She tried to sink back into the murky darkness of sleep, but the rigourous shaking continued. "Mo-om!" She groaned, but opened her eyes. Instead of staring at her mom's kind, weathered face, she was staring at Ian. He looked battered and blood was streaked across his face. "Oh, God, Ian, what the hell are you doing?" Alyssa asked, sitting up and glancing around. "DarCom, boot up." Alyssa commanded. Nothing. "DarCom, this is no time to take a nap," She said again. Nothing. Pushing a button on the back of DarCom, the screen slid out manually. A red ERROR message glowed on the screen.

Suddenly, everything came back to her. Alyssa gasped. "The glitch zone..." She muttered. "Ian, what happened to you? I was fighting the viruses... then suddenly, I looked back and you were gone..." Alyssa trailed off, eyeing the flower girl warily. "Do you mind?" She spat acidly. Turning back to Ian, she continued. "What happened to you? Why are you bleeding?" Running a hand through her hair, she felt something wet and sticky. Pulling her hand back out, Alyssa realized that her fingers were coated in blood. "Why am I bleeding?" She muttered to herself, standing up.

Blake may have had some mediocre security from behind, but he wasn't expecting the blast to come from the glitch zone itself. It didn't seem to cause damage to him, just knocked him a long distance. Blake bounced twice, then rolled the rest of his journey through the air. He laid still for a few seconds, then looked up, and saw that he lost his paw. Though there was something odd about it. The cut was clean, and there was no wound. Blake lifted up the arm and saw something even more surprising happen; his missing paw was levitating just ahead of him! He moved his arm, and saw the paw move as if it was still attached to his arm. He then realized what was happening, it was server damage. Regular glitches caused glitch zones, but when the game coding was torn apart, events like this happened. Blake then saw two boots move and block his view of his ghostly paw, Blake looked up and saw a figure in a trench coat with a hood hiding his face standing above him.

"This has gone far beyond the game." He spoke, something about the way he said it enticed Blake, "The entire world is at stake and you three are the only ones left online who can stop the destruction." He finished then raised his hand "We don't have much time… come with me."

"What are you talking about? This is just a game right…?" Blake whispered, he didn't reply.

Suddenly, Blake's screen whited out and shone brightly, Blake covered his eyes with his hand to prevent blinding himself. As he adjusted to the sudden light, he wasn't sure, but it was as if he was being sucked into the computer screen. Blake let loose a scream, then disappeared into the voids of cyberspace…

(It's screaming furry kitty time!)

Blake groaned slowly as he regained consciousness. He opened his eyes slowly, his vision was blurred at first. But rapidly returned to focus, and beyond. Blake was now able to accurately see a small feather floating by two meters away.

"The carrots did this…" he whispered, jokingly. However, he was about to find out the reason behind this was something else entirely. He slowly rose to his hands and knees, then raised a hand to scratch his face. However, instead of feeling the pleasant feeling of eliminating an itch, he felt sharp pain as his hand raked across his cheek.

"Gah!" he shouted, then felt his cheek with the same hand to find blood, and fur. Blake stopped suddenly, fur?! He looked at his hand, but found a paw, a yellow and white paw with black spots on it. The paw had four black claws, each with a small amount of red from his own blood. He sat up and inspected both paws, then realized there was something else different from normal here too. Usually, when someone is kneeling, the person would be sitting on his legs, with the knees at the front and the feet face-down at the back. The way he was kneeling was with the feet flat at the front, and the knees at the back; a position usually impossible… unless the knee joint was inverted. Blake suddenly stood up, nearly stumbled from his odd leg arrangements, and looked at a glass window. Instead of a human face looking back, there was a yellow face with a white chin streaking down under his combat clothing. The parts that were yellow had black spots all over. He also had dark green eyes and a black triangle-shaped nose. What he was looking at wasn't a human face, but that of a cheetah.

"No…" he whispered, he took a step back, "No!" he then said at regular voice level, taking another step back. He then turned around and looked at his back. Sure enough, there it was. The yellow, black-spotted tail. "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" He howled towards the heavens. Unaware of the presence of Ian, Alyssa, and the flower lady.

(Brother Bear scene if memory serves...)

Alyssa spun around. "Blake!" She yelled, startled. "Calm down! There's no need to be so dramatic." She sighed, walking over to Blake and putting a hand on his shoulder. "We're all stuck in the game, as it seems." Alyssa pulled out DarCom's screen again, and the red Error! message was still blinking brightly back at her. Alyssa sighed again, pulling out a small keyboard from her pocket and flicking her fingers across the holographic keys. "Seems that the whole game has shut down, in a sense." She declaired. "Us, the enemy, and the... flower girl are the only ones online. The rest of the players were booted out almost a day ago. We've been out for a long time." Alyssa fiddled with the restart switch on DarCom. "Most of our devices have been deactivated, too."

Sitting down, Alyssa typed feverently at the keyboard. "Damn." She muttered, pushing the keyboard back into her pocket. "There's no way that I can get DarCom and everything to reboot. Looks like we're on our own for now." Turning, something caught Alyssa's eye. A package with her name on it...? "What's this?" She asked, kneeling down by the package.

Ian sighed in relief as both Blake and Alyssa woke up. He let both of the Hackers have their time to talk or freak out before moving over to Alyssa. He examined the packs before opening the one with his name on it. Inside was all the gear he had on his account....any gear he had in storage...all of it. Ian scratched his head before hefting the pack over his shoulder. The flower girl gave a evil sniff, "Well your welllcome!" she spat at Alyssa before looking at Ian, "If you need anything else, please let me know." and with that she gave a small bow and moved back to her shop.

Ian looked around and picked up the paper. It was a map of SOME sort....but the area was no where on the games map. Written on the back were simply the words, "This is Not A Game." He shrugged and folded the paper up and stuffed it into his pocket.

"Alyssa...I don't think your grasping what I think has happened..." He nodded towards the flower girl, "that girl is an NPC...she shouldn't be acting this real...In fact....other than us..there are no other players...but look around.." He motioned with his hand. Sure enough, everyone seemed to be acting as if they were real people. The NPCs were holding conversations that never occurred in the game. And some were moving away from areas that they were supposed to be standing in.

"It's like everything is real...I mean...we are even bleeding!" He wiped some of the blood off his face and looked up at the sky. Patches were torn apart and showed the underlining coding of the game. Occasionally...the game tried to fix itself, causing the sky to flicker back into place before breaking again.

"I was knocked unconscious during the fight by some guy in an overcoat...what exactly happened?" Ian said in undertones so no one nearby would hear.

"Real?" Alyssa exclaimed, jumping up. "No, It's... This isn't... There's got to be..." Shaking her head frantically, Alyssa fumbled over words. "What you're saying is... This IS the real world? Like, the game has taken over the world? Or we've been sucked into the game, so the game is like the real world to US?" Alyssa glanced at Ian worriedly. "So, I'm my character. Hmm." Jumping into a handstand, then turning a cartwheel, Alyssa looked thoughtful. "Well, I guess I am my character. I was never able to do a cartwheel or handstand in my life. Plus, my hair in real life is black." She twisted a strand of blonde hair around her finger.

Finally hearing Ian's question, Alyssa turned to him. "I don't quite remember. One minute you were there, fighting with us, then the next you were gone. I never saw were you went." Alyssa fastened the fanny pack that was in her package around her waist.

Blake didn't continue screaming once he ran out of breath, he instead fell silent and sat to the best of his new joints by a wall, eyes closed, and pondered the situation. He was definitely no longer himself, but a rather large cat. The fact that he was also clothed in combat gear indicated that he was his game persona. But how? Wasn't this all a game? What's happening in the real world where he was before he got sucked in? Why is he flying? Blake opened his eyes, he was flying? He was no longer sitting by the wall, but floating upwards with is back towards the sky. Blake could also feel his feet vibrating, as if he was getting a foot massage. Blake then remembered one of his signature gadgets was the hover shoes. Though now he had no idea how to use the-

THUD! Blake face-planted the ground as the boots shut off. That would have broken a nose, unless that nose happened to be quite flat, though it would still hurt, being as sensitive to touch as it is. Blake carefully rubbed it with his paw, to try and not scratch it again. With this in mind, he tried to regain is composure and talk to Ian and Alyssa.

"I remember that something happened to the glitch zone, it exploded, or something. I think the Samus or electric character did it." He said, then the vision of his memory began to blur. "Well, after that there was some guy in a trench coat, carrying something. He said something about danger, then the computer screen sucked me in…" he stopped, and tried to recollect his thoughts, he could swear there was something else happening just before the man appeared, but couldn't remember it.

(the incident should make sense, after all, our human selves probably don't know any kung-fu or know exactly how their gadgets work in real life)

(I was thinking that too. Ian just hasn't done anything he couldn't do in real life. Tapping on a screen is pretty easy.)

Ian shrugged, "I don't know which. But either way. This is too real to be JUST a game anymore. He turned as a loud crash caught his attention. He drew his pistol and readied it, only to find that it was just Blake falling onto his face. Ian sighed and turned his attention to his gun. It felt oddly heavy and it was awkward in his hand. He put the gun back into its holster and ran a hand through his hair. His hand felt cold and metallic on his scalp, and his fingers felt none of the hair it was touching. It sent a shiver down Ian's spine. He pulled his hand away and listened to Blake and Alyssa give him pieces of what happened. Ian's own memory was extremely fuzzy about the whole incident.

"I remember taking down a Corrupted...but after it was down it gets blurry and hard to think." Ian said softly. He looked around quickly to make sure no one was eavesdropping and took a step closer to his allies, "So does anyone have an idea as to what we do or where we go now?"