• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Gym leaders, and your scenario's getting through them...

well, currently i am stuck on the 8th badge,with the Docile dalgia and the Sassy Raichu, There seems no way around it with a lvl 47 legendary and a lvl 60-same-type-pokemon-of-the-gym...So i am mostly stocking up on revives and Hypers, but please post your scenarios too.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Generally, when you post a thread like this, you explain your own scenarios too :p

And please avoid writing in all caps. It just comes off as yelling and is generally seen as rather annoying.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
All of my stories relating to the Gym leaders are rather positive so far. I took down Rorak with my Turtwig alone, then ripped through Gardenia in a similar fashion with my Staravia. Maylene amused me a bit because I fought her rather cheaply. I took out her first two Pokemon with my Staravia, then switched in Grotle and used Curse a few four or five times. During this process I did have to heal twice, and she DID use a Hyper Potion once, but in the end my Grotle managed to take Lucario down without much fuss.

The only other Gym Leader I've taken on so far is Crasher Wake, and he only did me a favour by using Swagger on my Luxray (who I promptly used a Full Heal on then took the Gyarados out easily). I then switched my Grotle in to finish off the rest of his Pokemon and was rewarded with my long awaited Torterra evolution ^_^

So, yeah... Me thinks I was a bit over leveled for Wake. Either way, not much of a challenge.

Let's see...

Roark: Manaphy only knew Bubble and so tore through the first two pokemon, but the Cranidos took him down. My Turtwig beat it even though it decided to stop listening about halfway through.

Gardenia: Roserade was the only problem; it did some decent damage to both Monferno and Staravia. Monferno took it down, though.

Maylene: She went down easily by Spiritomb and Monferno.

Wake: He went down easily to Luxray and Torterra.

Fantine: No challenge at all. Spiritomb tore through her.

Byron: Infernape and Torterra beat this gym so fast it wasn't funny.

Candice: Luxray and Infernape. I don't need to say more.

Volkner: This was actually kinda challenging. Torterra helped, but his type coverage meant I had to use a bunch of different Pokemon. His hardest was definitely Ambipom, but Infernape managed to Mach Punch it down.

The Elite Four were hilariously easy except for the Champion (type coverage posed problems) and the fourth Elite (I used Honchkrow, but his Pokemon were very fast and dealt a lot of damage).

P

Pokestar

I literally just beat Saturn at Lake Valor.

Roark: Thrashed with Budew

Gardenia: Used Staravia on Cherubi and Turtwig. Killed Roserade with Monferno's Flamewheel

Maylene: Staravia destroyed Meditite and Machoke. Lucario beat Staravia and Monferno, Buizel took it down.

Wake: Luxray killed Gyrados with a Thunder. Roselia got rid of Quagsire and Floatzel. Almost lost Roselia to Floatzel due to Ice Fang.

Fantina: Beat all three with Luxray's Crunch.

Trained massively. 5 team members alll level thirty. Ended up all level 45 after 3 hours.

Got Riolu egg. (Lucario level 40 in an hour)

Byron: Infernape on Bronzer. Floatzel on Steelix. Roserade on Bastiodon.

That's as far as I've got so far. I just saved and have played for 40 hours even. I love Pokemon so have been taking things easy and slow for the first time through.