• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Discussion Thread)

Which 8 types should we use as Gyms?

• Fire

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Water

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Flying

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Grass

• Steel

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Ghost

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Fairy

• Ice

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Dark

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Dragon

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Rock

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Normal

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Fighting

• Bug

• Psychic

• Poison

• Ground

• Total voters
|Prototype Ranger Character Sheet|

Name: Wynter Angraecum
Nicknames: Wyn
Ranger Rank: Top Ranger
Description:

True to her namesake, Wynter has Icy white hair, the shade of the purest of snows. Following along with her wintry theme, she styles her hair in a Christmas snowflake bun, often changing up the patterns arranged with the bun whenever she feels like a change of hairstyle would do her good.

She isn’t particularly tall, and is in fact, the shortest of her three siblings. Her dress style follows the more Arabic style of flowing veils and shawls, favoring thinner fabrics to both blocks the sand billowing off the dunes, and protect herself from the, at times, blistering heat.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ranger Uniform:

image0.jpg

Stylus Design:

TBD

Personality (Optional)/History (Optional):

Wynter is a former resident of Haruba Village in Almia. Being the eldest of three children she’d always been the leader of the group while following behind her were two younger brothers. She’d never really been a fan of the desert temperatures and sandy terrain of the town, but it was a home she’d grown to love. She’s quite familiar with ground and rock type Pokemon; them being the most plentiful, but Wyn’s true passion lays in a different desert, a tundra of ice and snow, filled with frosty ice types and cool water types. Her interest in Ice-types had first started when, during the middle of a particularly severe heatwave, a Ranger from Almia castle was dispatched to help the town, bringing with them their ice type partner pokemon. The scene of the Ranger and their partner, a Mamoswine, calling upon the elements and changing the very weather with Hail, had cemented the young girl’s interest in Ice type. To the puerile Wyn, that scene, her first encounter with fresh snowfall, was the most magnificent in her life, and it had also simultaneously lit her desire to become a Pokemon Ranger. So, as soon as she was of age, she packed up and took the long journey to the ranger’s boot camp to begin her training as a Pokemon Ranger. Her two younger brothers, Summer, and Autumn had instead decided to become a coordinator and a breeder respectively.

Wynter tries to keep herself, icy, elegant and aloof, much like how she imagines an ice type would act, but in truth, she’s a rather excitable kid beneath her facade. While she prefers to stay silent, she has quite the presence as she’s used to bossing around her younger brothers.

|Partner Pokemon|
Name: Mysu (Mashyu)
Species: Glameow
Ability: Keen Eye

Description/Other (Optional):

A black Expert Belt wrapped around her tail.

Move-set:

Iron Tail
Water Pulse
Shock Wave
Shadow Claw
Hypnosis
Slash
Play Rough
Hone Claws

This is a prototype, so few of the categories are finalized. However, we'll be using the Almia system of Rangers; so bases consisting of Rangers, Operators, and Mechanics.

That said Ranger-based characters will be needed and utilized;

So let me explain a few of the Categories.

Ranger Rank

Rangers will be split into two ranks:
  1. Regular Rangers
  2. Top Rangers
Stylus Design

The Stylus' generally come in one of three designs.

Fiore-Style
110px-Solana1.png

Almia-Style
220px-Kellyn_anime.png

Oblivia-Style
200px-Ranger_3_multiplayer_mode_art.png

Unquie, however, to Top Rangers are the custom stylus:

Tiffany_Super_Styler_PR.png

Clyde_Billy_Garret_Super_Styler_PR.png

Usually in the form of musical instruments, custom Styli, on top of being stronger than the average stylus, allow the ranger to perform at their maximum by customizing the stylus to their person.

=================================================

How the Rangers fit into the story and the other dynamics of the Ranger System and how they interact with the Police for and other authorities have not yet been finalized, so these are all topics warranting discussion.

Do give questions and feedback on your thoughts so we can see what else might be required.

Personally, I feel like we shouldn’t have too much focus on rangers in the story. They should only appear when it’s necessary and nothing else. While the idea of expanding on this is cool, I feel it can just take away the focus from our OCs.
They don't become the focus of the story. As far as Ellen is concerned everything other than contests is a side plot. The Rangers are there to do exactly that, appear when and as needed.

They don't become the focus of the story. As far as Ellen is concerned everything other than contests is a side plot. The Rangers are there to do exactly that, appear when and as needed.
That’s not what your post seems like. Why do they even need character bios then? They automatically become another OC due to that and then start getting used. It may be a subplot for you and Ellen but logically, it should become the main focus for the Pokémon rangers. Meaning those with ranger OCs do get to have a major role in the story.

I’m fine either way but you have to admit some of the focus will be taken by these ranger OCs. Sorta like Naruto AU where the focus is split between our OCs and the more stronger figures atm.

That’s not what your post seems like. Why do they even need character bios then? They automatically become another OC due to that and then start getting used. It may be a subplot for you and Ellen but logically, it should become the main focus for the Pokémon rangers. Meaning those with ranger OCs do get to have a major role in the story.

I’m fine either way but you have to admit some of the focus will be taken by these ranger OCs. Sorta like Naruto AU where the focus is split between our OCs and the more stronger figures atm.
I have no intention of using Wynter for now. She's in a class of her own.

Simply put there'd be nothing for her to do in introducing her this early. She'd capture Zoom and then the whole evil plot would be side-lined.

The Rangers and the OC Rangers created are for the point in the story at which the Evil guys do their big whoop mind-control plan. When that happens then the Rangers, as the appropriate Authority, will step in. The Evil guys are the main focus of the Pokemon Rangers, and since they should only show up sparingly it follows the Rangers should only show up sparingly as well.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Just because a character is named doesn't mean they have to see use at every opportunity, Cynthia is a named trainer yet she barely appears in the anime and games, appears more often in the manga but still
I was thinking the same thing, but I believe I still have encounters to deal with.
Could go back to the route after the questioning

Just because a character is named doesn't mean they have to see use at every opportunity, Cynthia is a named trainer yet she barely appears in the anime and games, appears more often in the manga but still
Yeah all they really need is a name to be a side character. However, seeing the amount of effort Kyuu put into that character just makes me doubt she’ll stay on the sidelines for long. Nothing is wrong with that though.

Yeah all they really need is a name to be a side character. However, seeing the amount of effort Kyuu put into that character just makes me doubt she’ll stay on the sidelines for long. Nothing is wrong with that though.
Hmmm?

I actually just copy-pasted that, Wynter is a character I created for another RP. Hydra knows her since we did a Ranger RP together.

Her younger brother Autumn is also another bio that I created a while back.

|Prototype Ranger Character Sheet|

Name: Wynter Angraecum
Nicknames: Wyn
Ranger Rank: Top Ranger
Description:

True to her namesake, Wynter has Icy white hair, the shade of the purest of snows. Following along with her wintry theme, she styles her hair in a Christmas snowflake bun, often changing up the patterns arranged with the bun whenever she feels like a change of hairstyle would do her good.

She isn’t particularly tall, and is in fact, the shortest of her three siblings. Her dress style follows the more Arabic style of flowing veils and shawls, favoring thinner fabrics to both blocks the sand billowing off the dunes, and protect herself from the, at times, blistering heat.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ranger Uniform:

image0.jpg

Stylus Design:

TBD

Personality (Optional)/History (Optional):

Wynter is a former resident of Haruba Village in Almia. Being the eldest of three children she’d always been the leader of the group while following behind her were two younger brothers. She’d never really been a fan of the desert temperatures and sandy terrain of the town, but it was a home she’d grown to love. She’s quite familiar with ground and rock type Pokemon; them being the most plentiful, but Wyn’s true passion lays in a different desert, a tundra of ice and snow, filled with frosty ice types and cool water types. Her interest in Ice-types had first started when, during the middle of a particularly severe heatwave, a Ranger from Almia castle was dispatched to help the town, bringing with them their ice type partner pokemon. The scene of the Ranger and their partner, a Mamoswine, calling upon the elements and changing the very weather with Hail, had cemented the young girl’s interest in Ice type. To the puerile Wyn, that scene, her first encounter with fresh snowfall, was the most magnificent in her life, and it had also simultaneously lit her desire to become a Pokemon Ranger. So, as soon as she was of age, she packed up and took the long journey to the ranger’s boot camp to begin her training as a Pokemon Ranger. Her two younger brothers, Summer, and Autumn had instead decided to become a coordinator and a breeder respectively.

Wynter tries to keep herself, icy, elegant and aloof, much like how she imagines an ice type would act, but in truth, she’s a rather excitable kid beneath her facade. While she prefers to stay silent, she has quite the presence as she’s used to bossing around her younger brothers.

|Partner Pokemon|
Name: Mysu (Mashyu)
Species: Glameow
Ability: Keen Eye

Description/Other (Optional):

A black Expert Belt wrapped around her tail.

Move-set:

Iron Tail
Water Pulse
Shock Wave
Shadow Claw
Hypnosis
Slash
Play Rough
Hone Claws

This is a prototype, so few of the categories are finalized. However, we'll be using the Almia system of Rangers; so bases consisting of Rangers, Operators, and Mechanics.

That said Ranger-based characters will be needed and utilized;

So let me explain a few of the Categories.

Ranger Rank

Rangers will be split into two ranks:
  1. Regular Rangers
  2. Top Rangers
Stylus Design

The Stylus' generally come in one of three designs.

Fiore-Style
110px-Solana1.png

Almia-Style
220px-Kellyn_anime.png

Oblivia-Style
200px-Ranger_3_multiplayer_mode_art.png

Unquie, however, to Top Rangers are the custom stylus:

Tiffany_Super_Styler_PR.png

Clyde_Billy_Garret_Super_Styler_PR.png

Usually in the form of musical instruments, custom Styli, on top of being stronger than the average stylus, allow the ranger to perform at their maximum by customizing the stylus to their person.

=================================================

How the Rangers fit into the story and the other dynamics of the Ranger System and how they interact with the Police for and other authorities have not yet been finalized, so these are all topics warranting discussion.

Do give questions and feedback on your thoughts so we can see what else might be required.
Ayy, Wynter made some nice promotions! if rangers need more people, I'll add Frank. Even though he's a medic, I'm sure he can be of use somewhere.

Yeah exactly. That’s why Glameow can’t body. Maybe some Pokémon but not all lel
You're comparing a fully evolved powerful fighting type Pokémon to an unevolved normal type

Gallade bodies Glameow EZ in or out of RP.
Aight, let me spell it out for you, Mysu gonna body your Gallade harder than Sagisō bodied you in PM.

don't @ me
Ayy, Wynter made some nice promotions! if rangers need more people, I'll add Frank. Even though he's a medic, I'm sure he can be of use somewhere.
will probably keep the number of rangers small. Like 3 or something.