• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Discussion Thread)

Which 8 types should we use as Gyms?

• Fire

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Water

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Flying

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Grass

• Steel

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Ghost

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Fairy

• Ice

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Dark

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Dragon

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Rock

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Normal

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Fighting

• Bug

• Psychic

• Poison

• Ground

• Total voters
Here’s the pitch.

The serum used to create Shadow Pokemon is thought to be completely synthetic, when in reality, it’s primary ingredient is a naturally occurring substance, typically rare, but abundant in the Geminos crust.

The evil team has a primarily progressive science/mining theme, and there end goal essentially involves slowly siphoning enough of this serum to eventually overthrow Geminos officials.

Once they control Geminos, they control the entire supply. With said supply, they could eventually began to expand there reach on a global scale.

Everyone is either converted or killed, and all Pokémon who can survive the injection are added to the team forces.

Edit: this is a very rough idea and I’d love some input.

Here’s the pitch.

The serum used to create Shadow Pokemon is thought to be completely synthetic, when in reality, it’s primary ingredient is a naturally occurring substance, typically rare, but abundant in the Geminos crust.

The evil team has a primarily progressive science/mining theme, and there end goal essentially involves slowly siphoning enough of this serum to eventually overthrow Geminos officials.

Once they control Geminos, they control the entire supply. With said supply, they could eventually began to expand there reach on a global scale.

Everyone is either converted or killed, and all Pokémon who can survive the injection are added to the team forces.

Edit: this is a very rough idea and I’d love some input.
It sounds pretty cool, plausible and makes the evil team actually a threat. I like it. How will our characters discover this plot though?

It sounds pretty cool, plausible and makes the evil team actually a threat. I like it. How will our characters discover this plot though?

Well, again, everyone is welcome to throw out why they view to be the best reasoning.

But my thought was, just the typical casual encounters with this team on occasion.

That, and maybe one of the towns without a Gym or Contest is where there HQ is. No immediate powerhouses to try and check the evil team.

I'm cool with just about anything as long it doesn't spiral into;

The entire Police and Ranger force are less competent than 3 teenage kids.

My main issue with even the current post is that Ellen, who really isn't supposed to be amazing or anything, has been more effective in one post than the Officers since they've arrived. That not only undermines the entire Police force but also makes it really hard to keep her in character.

I'm cool with just about anything as long it doesn't spiral into;

The entire Police and Ranger force are less competent than 3 teenage kids.

My main issue with even the current post is that Ellen, who really isn't supposed to be amazing or anything, has been more effective in one post than the Officers since they've arrived. That not only undermines the entire Police force but also makes it really hard to keep her in character.

That’s less because your more skilled and more because you simply had a better move set.

Disable was a lucky pull.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
My 2 cents on this is just that people like Zoom are going to get the entire region to rally on them in no time flat. Having straight-up murdered people and then engaged the Police force, the Rangers and everyone will be alerted for the next time he pops up. I could only see him evading arrest for so long.

True. But they don’t care too much as the hive mind will smooth things over as everyone will be of one mind, therefore, no consequences. However the two, silver spears and boulders aren’t going to be appearing as the same organization. So they blame their ills on the boulders meanwhile cunningly getting resources to ‘fight’ them. Meanwhile building upon their plans

True. But they don’t care too much as the hive mind will smooth things over as everyone will be of one mind, therefore, no consequences. However the two, silver spears and boulders aren’t going to be appearing as the same organization. So they blame their ills on the boulders meanwhile cunningly getting resources to ‘fight’ them. Meanwhile building upon their plans
We have a trained and competent division of rangers so I don't really see this 'cunning' plan working since they would leave the evil team to the rangers rather than some civilian organization.

See that comment for what?

This one

We have a trained and competent division of rangers so I don't really see this 'cunning' plan working since they would leave the evil team to the rangers rather than some civilian organization.

It's a good way to stay hidden, but I don't see them being able to leverage that to garner the region's resources. We have a perfectly capable division of Rangers.

Imagine the spears discovering a hidden boulder base and eliminating it, arresting several people involved. Meanwhile this with zoom showing the police’s blunder. That should install some respect

Imagine the spears discovering a hidden boulder base and eliminating it, arresting several people involved. Meanwhile this with zoom showing the police’s blunder. That should install some respect
The Police are useless the Rangers are far more competent. It wouldn't be as easy to trip them up.

Seems that whatever noise Terra was drawn to had caused them to wonder to this Growlithe's territory. And given Terra seemed raring to go it seemed a battle was inevitable,
upload_2019-10-2_13-26-13.png

Growlithe: Awww shit, here we go again.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
How does this “mind control” thing work? Would be hard to pull off in an RP cuz autoing is disabled

I think the problem with ranking trainers based on badge number is that Gym Leader strength varies a lot. For example I would argue Sabrina is more powerful than say Blaine. To name an example.
I'd actually come from a Pokemon Origins angle.

Where Brock fights Red but first he asks him how many badges he has. He then went to a case of pokeballs and withdrew a pokemon appropriate for Red's level.

I'd like to run with that Idea as the Gym Leaders are all relatively equal, however they match their strength to whatever trainer is challenging them at the time.

So going to the Aquamarine Gym with 1 Gym badge will probably get you a battle against a Goldeen and Wartortle, but going to the Aquamarine Gym with 7 Gym badges gets you a full team of Blastoise, Seaking, Kingdra, Slowking, etc.

Of course, if we do this then it means the Gyms can be challenged in essentially any order you desire.

Where Brock fights Red but first he asks him how many badges he has. He then went to a case of pokeballs and withdrew a pokemon appropriate for Red's level.

I'd like to run with that Idea as the Gym Leaders are all relatively equal, however they match their strength to whatever trainer is challenging them at the time.

So going to the Aquamarine Gym with 1 Gym badge will probably get you a battle against a Goldeen and Wartortle, but going to the Aquamarine Gym with 7 Gym badges gets you a full team of Blastoise, Seaking, Kingdra, Slowking, etc.

Of course, if we do this then it means the Gyms can be challenged in essentially any order you desire.

I like that idea better for Gym Leader strength.

Though we should keep the same order/paths just for consistency sake of where our cast is going.

This was needed:

Name: Zoon zag Zoom

Nicknames: Zoom, Big Bang Zoom, Zigzanggoon, ZigzangZoom, The Zoom, The Zoon, Zoon Balloon, Zoom Boom, Zoocini, Zoom in ya face, Zoom’n broom, Etc.

Role: Oryx Boulder Admin Enforcer

Appearance: large, beefy and broad shouldered. Having lots of muscle hidden behind layers of baggy clothing wrapped in handkerchiefs. Wears baggy black pants with a checkard sweater. Wears a shark teeth handkerchief around his mouth, and has sharp teeth in his actual mouth. Has thick black hair that is tangled and disorganized, almost greasy.

Known pokemon: Shadow Venomoth

Likes: Nicknames, cruelty, feisty enemies, sharks, Handkerchiefs, dark places.

Dislikes: cops, babying, the color pink, the desert, spheres.

This was needed:

Name: Zoon zag Zoom

Nicknames: Zoom, Big Bang Zoom, Zigzanggoon, ZigzangZoom, The Zoom, The Zoon, Zoon Balloon, Zoom Boom, Zoocini, Zoom in ya face, Zoom’n broom, Etc.

Role: Oryx Boulder Admin Enforcer

Appearance: large, beefy and broad shouldered. Having lots of muscle hidden behind layers of baggy clothing wrapped in handkerchiefs. Wears baggy black pants with a checkard sweater. Wears a shark teeth handkerchief around his mouth, and has sharp teeth in his actual mouth. Has thick black hair that is tangled and disorganized, almost greasy.

Known pokemon: Shadow Venomoth

Likes: Nicknames, cruelty, feisty enemies, sharks, Handkerchiefs, dark places.

Dislikes: cops, babying, the color pink, the desert, spheres.
Dislikes: Cops

Would he kill those cops if he was given the opportunity?

I completely forgot that was a thing in Origins