• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Galarian Star Journey

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
@Crystal1302 If I recall correctly, the Galarian Slowpoke ran off towards the lake based on what Pyro wrote in his post. I had Gible follow and chase the Slowpoke towards the lake too.

IDK if you want to edit your post, or if we should just go along with it LOL

The Galarian Slowpoke is too far away for a battle. In Crimson's post, they said Gible ran after it and the two of them are already meters away, too far for a Hypnosis or a Yawn to land effectively and too far for the Galarian Slowpoke as it is way faster than the Gible. I'd say its probably pretty close to the next section in the Wild Area (then again, I'm not sure if we should follow the game's scaling on how big routes and the Wild Area or if we should make it larger for realism)

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
The Galarian Slowpoke is too far away for a battle. In Crimson's post, they said Gible ran after it and the two of them are already meters away, too far for a Hypnosis or a Yawn to land effectively and too far for the Galarian Slowpoke as it is way faster than the Gible. I'd say its probably pretty close to the next section in the Wild Area (then again, I'm not sure if we should follow the game's scaling on how big routes and the Wild Area or if we should make it larger for realism)
I'll edit my post, don't worry about it. I'll make them closer.
I feel bad that Crystal keeps on needing to edit her posts XD

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Name: Daphne Wilkson
Looks: Is of average height and build with fair skin, freckles and blonde hair tied in a ponytail which shines with her light green eyes. She wears a dark brown vest over a short sleeve white t-shirt along with a pair of old jeans and some tennis shoes to complete her modest getup. Carries around a handbag which is shaped in a Munchlax's face just to carry around extra goods.
Personality: A kind spirit with an adventurous heart who is quite ambitious but tends to be a bit too headstrong for her own taste. Once she has her mind set on something for better or worse she sees it through no matter what tribulations she faces. This can cause her to rush into situations without thinking or act very much impulsively which has led to both inspired direction and individual chaos for her and her partners. Though in spite of that she is determined and doesn't make excuses, even proving to be quite supportive and encouraging of those she considers her friends.
Hometown & Region: Petalburg City, Hoenn
Backstory: Growing up in Petalburg, Norman was a pretty big deal in local circles, so much so that Daphne would at times skip classes to watch him go to work taking on the local big name challenger in thrilling bouts that captivated the young girl. Indeed it began a long standing fascinating of what was dismissed by some in her grade as the most "mundane" type of Pokemon and indeed found a certain charm to them. As she got older and developed interest in becoming a trainer, she began to wonder if she to could do what Norman did: Run a Pokemon Gym and fight back challenger after challenger with a monotype structure and perhaps this new passion to normal types could be more than just an interest; but what she had done with her life. A fateful day when her mother brought home a lost Skitty was enough for a natural connection to form and a clear path and once she came of age she set out for Galar where the hype surrounding its undefeated Champion and rise of a new kind of competition had caught her intrigued. Along the way, she bumped into a new friend in a sheepish Whismur before she set sail for Galar.
Goal: To become the strongest "Normal" Trainer in the world, and open her own Normal Type Gym. Seeks to participate in the Galar League in order to gain strength and explore the region to find suitable partners to help realize her dream. Though as she heard of these "Action Contests" she may not resist giving that a try as well.
What does TDIP stand for: The Dodge It Problem

Pokemon:
Species: Skitty
Nickname: Selina
Ability: Cute Charm
Moves: Attract, Copycat, Disarming Voice, Foresight

Species: Whismur
Nickname: Echo
Ability: Soundproof
Moves: Echoed Voice, Pound, Rest, Sleep Talk

Character Sheet
Name: Keito Dokusi
Looks: 5'7 1/2, he has purple hair that he dyed black, but you can see his roots coming in. He has a bit of pale complexion due to usually training indoors. He also has a magenta scarf that he only wears when his mom is around (unless if it's cold). He wears ninja-esque baggy pants and a purple sweater if it's cold, otherwise he wears an orange undershirt
Personality: He's very adamant about his pokemon being strong, and trains them a lot. While he cares for his mother, he doesn't like her being on his back all the time. He likes to do things on his own and has a problem asking others for help. He tries to act cool in front of others even if he doesn't trust them all that much yet.
Hometown & Region: Born and raised in Fushia City, Kanto. He moved to Galar at 12 for the "Star Exchange Program" (What his mother made up to get Keito out of the house)
Backstory: While Keito's situation may seem lucky to some people, to him its a burden. His mother was the cousin to Janine, the poison type gym leader, so he was always told to "Live up to the heritage" and "Embrace your inner poison strength!" This was very annoying to him, because he wanted to train his pokemon in peace. When he moved to Galar for the "Star exchange program" (something made up by his mother so that he would get new friends) at the age of 12, he tried to make new friends, but the best he could do was a Zigzagoon.
Goal: To prove he is more then just "The niece of Janine, poison type gym leader", and that he is his own person
What does TDIP stand for: The Dodge It Problem

Pokemon Sheet
Species: Croagunk
Ability: Anticipation
Extra Info: Will evolve soon
Current Moves:
Poison Jab
Drain Punch
Bulk Up
Gunk Shot

Pokemon Sheet #2
Species: Zigzagoon
Nickname: Rascal
Ability: Quick Feet
Extra Info: Shiny if it's allowed, I didn't see anything about shinies in the rules
Current Moves:
Double Edge
Taunt
Rest (Sometimes used without Keito asking :@)

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Awesome!

So just to ask where are we currently in the RP? (As in what city and what has happened in a general sense) so I know how to best work my character in.
As of currently, most of use is in the Wild Area. If you want specifics, I believe we’re in the general vicinity of Motostoke’s Entrance where the giant steps are.

However, we’re starting to transition to the Opening Ceremony at Motostoke Stadium. Your character can meet and introduce at either or.

EDIT: My bad, you also asked what had happened. Well we had a small wild goose chase, or a wild Galarian Slowpoke chase, from Motostoke to the Wild Area (slightly nearby East Lake Axewell). Athena just caught the Galarian Slowpoke. Alito went to register. Lucas was contemplating whether he should join the Galarian League or not. Everyone else is just vibing at the moment I suppose, before the transition at least.

Last edited:
Name: King Jameson
Looks: King is 5'10, He mostly wears the quote on quote, "top trend clothes" he has curly hear thats a brownish color, his face is just like any other, one of his eyes are red, the other is purple

Personality: King is probably the most outgoing person you'll ever meet, he is also very competitive, he loves attention very much and is also dramatic. He has a soft heart for people and Pokemon.

Backstory: King was born in Unova a little while back, his mom gave birth to him by herself because she had no money, at the age of 3 his dad left. For good, at the age of 9 His mom committed suicide, he relied on food from the garbage until he was 12, he started catching Pokemon and then started getting currency, then bought himself a house. safe to say his life was rough

Goal: He wants to be the best trainer of all time, oh and see his mom again, once he makes it to heaven
Catchphrases: "Bruh" "oh my gudnesss" "whaaat?" "oh word?"

what does TDPI stand for?: The Dodge It Problem

Pokemon:
Plusle, Plusle is the stubborn one who makes people laugh
Moves: Electro Ball, Nuzzle, Quick attack, Fake Out

Greninja, Greninja is calm and arguably the most fastest
Moves: Water Shuriken, Lick, Hydro Pump, Night Slash

Haxorus, Haxorus is very aggressive and the 3rd best defense
Moves: Dragon Tail, Surf, Dragon Claw, Earthquake

Blastoise, Blastoise is the most competitive and the biggest baby on the team, he loves being babied
Moves: Hydro Cannon, Ice Punch, Scald, Crunch

Snorlax, Snorlax is the most lazy as you guessed and also the best defense
Moves: Fire Punch, Yawn, Body Slam, Mega Punch

Raichu, Raichu is the most loving pokemon and one of the fastest
Moves: Thunder Punch, Electro Web, Iron Tail, Protect

Last edited:
Looks: King is 5'10, He mostly wears the quote on quote, "top trend clothes" he has curly hear thats a brownish color, his face is just like any other, one of his eyes are red, the other is purple

Personality: King is probably the most outgoing person you'll ever meet, he is also very competitive, he loves attention very much and is also dramatic. He has a soft heart for people and Pokemon.

Backstory: King was born in Unova a little while back, his mom gave birth to him by herself because she had no money, at the age of 3 his dad left. For good, at the age of 9 His mom committed suicide, he relied on food from the garbage until he was 12, he started catching Pokemon and then started getting currency, then bought himself a house. safe to say his life was rough

Goal: He wants to be the best trainer of all time, oh and see his mom again, once he makes it to heaven

Pokemon:
Moves: Electro Ball, Nuzzle, Quick attack, Volt tackle

Moves: Water Shuriken, Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump, Night Slash

Moves: Dragon Hammer, Flamethrower, Dragon Rage, Ice Beam

Blastoise, Blastoise is the most competitive and the biggest baby on the team, he loves being babied
Moves: Hydro pump, Ice Punch, Scald, Crunch

Moves: Thunder Punch, Electro Web, Iron Tail, Copycat

@KiNg ThE GrEAt Missing Information, as such NOT accepted, please edit your post, you can @ me when it's revised

what does TDPI stand for?: The Dodge It Problem

Pokemon:
Moves: Electro Ball, Nuzzle, Quick attack, Volt tackle

Moves: Water Shuriken, Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump, Night Slash

Moves: Dragon Hammer, Flamethrower, Dragon Rage, Ice Beam

Moves: Hydro pump, Ice Punch, Scald, Crunch

Moves: Thunder Punch, Electro Web, Iron Tail, Copycat

Name: Dean Emery
Looks: Look at the profile pic, OK? My character also starts with a D-Max (Dynamax) Band.
Personality: Usually plays video games, and has a soft heart for living things. In battle, he is immediately crazy competitive.
Backstory: He met his Pikachu in his hometown of Hammerlocke. He'd just met his Pikachu, and it'd taken a liking to him already. He decided to call his Pikachu PikaDex. When Dean set off, he met Cinderace as a mere Scorbunny. He also me Inteleon as a mere Sobble and Gardevoir as a mere Ralts in the same area. When Dean travelled to Route 1, he met his Drednaw as just a Chewtle. He met Charizard in a G-Max Raid. He befriended his Charizard with a Friend Ball. When he completed the Gym Challenge, he decided to become the Champion, which is his ambition to this day.
Goal: To become the Galarian Champion.
Catchphrases: "Scratch that, bro. I'm tryin' to become the Champion.'' "FUDGE!!!!'' "I'm going to win no matter what!'' "Lol.''
What does TDIP mean?: The "Dodge It'' Problem

PikaDex (Pikachu) (M)
Moveset: Electric Terrain, Zippy Zap, Quick Attack, Electro Ball
D-Max: G-Max Volt Crash, G-Max Volt Crash, Max Strike, G-Max Volt Crash

Scorch (Cinderace) (M)
Moveset: Fire Punch, Tackle, Flame Charge, Inferno
D-Max: G-Max Fireball, Max Strike, G-Max Fireball, G-Max Fireball

Splash (Inteleon) (M)
Moveset: Scald, Muddy Water, Water Gun, Whirlpool
D-Max: G-Max Hydrosnipe, G-Max Hydrosnipe, G-Max Hydrosnipe, G-Max Hydrosnipe

Gardevoir (F)
Moveset: Draining Kiss, Fleur Cannon, Gravity, Agility
D-Max: Max Starfall, Max Starfall, Max Mindstorm, Max Mindstorm

Drednaw (M)
Moveset: Muddy Water, Whirlpool, Meteor Beam, Rock Throw
D-Max: G-Max Stonesurge, G-Max Stonesurge, Max Rockfall, Max Rockfall

Charizard (M)
Moveset: Dragon Rage, Flamethrower, Scratch, Sunny Day
D-Max: Max Wyrmwind, G-Max Wildfire, Max Strike, G-Max Wildfire

So my character's Pokémon are really good, but not OP to be fair. Also, my character appears in episode 96.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Dean Emery
Looks: Look at the profile pic, OK? My character also starts with a D-Max (Dynamax) Band.
Personality: Usually plays video games, and has a soft heart for living things. In battle, he is immediately crazy competitive.
Backstory: He met his Pikachu in his hometown of Hammerlocke. He'd just met his Pikachu, and it'd taken a liking to him already. He decided to call his Pikachu PikaDex. When Dean set off, he met Cinderace as a mere Scorbunny. He also me Inteleon as a mere Sobble and Gardevoir as a mere Ralts in the same area. When Dean travelled to Route 1, he met his Drednaw as just a Chewtle. He met Charizard in a G-Max Raid. He befriended his Charizard with a Friend Ball. When he completed the Gym Challenge, he decided to become the Champion, which is his ambition to this day.
Goal: To become the Galarian Champion.
Catchphrases: "Scratch that, bro. I'm tryin' to become the Champion.'' "FUDGE!!!!'' "I'm going to win no matter what!'' "Lol.''

PikaDex (Pikachu) (M)
Moveset: Electric Terrain, Zippy Zap, Quick Attack, Electro Ball
D-Max: G-Max Volt Crash, G-Max Volt Crash, Max Strike, G-Max Volt Crash

Scorch (Cinderace) (M)
Moveset: Fire Punch, Tackle, Flame Charge, Inferno
D-Max: G-Max Fireball, Max Strike, G-Max Fireball, G-Max Fireball

Splash (Inteleon) (M)
Moveset: Scald, Muddy Water, Water Shuriken, Whirlpool
D-Max: G-Max Hydrosnipe, G-Max Hydrosnipe, G-Max Hydrosnipe, G-Max Hydrosnipe

Gardevoir (F)
Moveset: Draining Kiss, Fleur Cannon, Gravity, Agility
D-Max: Max Starfall, Max Starfall, Max Mindstorm, Max Mindstorm

Drednaw (M)
Moveset: Muddy Water, Whirlpool, Meteor Beam, Rock Throw
D-Max: G-Max Stonesurge, G-Max Stonesurge, Max Rockfall, Max Rockfall

Charizard (M)
Moveset: Dragon Rage, Flamethrower, Scratch, Sunny Day
D-Max: Max Wyrmwind, G-Max Wildfire, Max Strike, G-Max Wildfire

So my character's Pokémon are OP. Also, my character appears in episode 96.

@DeanPE_Gamer NOT accepted, missing information please revise your post and make sure your character sheet contains everything I'm asking for.

Also @KiNg ThE GrEAt please refrain from the one-liner posts

XD @gutens your character's Pokemon aren't OP if one of them has Tackle XD
But the rest of the moves are quite OP. If you use a Grass-type, Bug-type, Ice-type or Steel-type against my Cinderace or Charizard, you're screwed. If you use a Fire-type, Ground-type or Rock-type against Drednaw or Inteleon, screwed. If you use a Fire-type, Ground-type, Rock-type, Bug-type, Flying-type or Ice-type against Drednaw, super screwed. If you use a Flying-type or Water-type against Pikachu, soooo screwed. If you use a Dark-type, Dragon-type, Fighting-type (4x damage) or Poison-type against Gardevoir, oof. Grass-types, Bug-types, Fighting-types, Steel-types and Ice-types are bad ideas against Charizard. Not sure about Cinderace or Inteleon. I'll check if they're dual-types.

But the rest of the moves are quite OP. If you use a Grass-type, Bug-type, Ice-type or Steel-type against my Cinderace or Charizard, you're screwed. If you use a Fire-type, Ground-type or Rock-type against Drednaw or Inteleon, screwed. If you use a Fire-type, Ground-type, Rock-type, Bug-type, Flying-type or Ice-type against Drednaw, super screwed. If you use a Flying-type or Water-type against Pikachu, soooo screwed. If you use a Dark-type, Dragon-type, Fighting-type (4x damage) or Poison-type against Gardevoir, oof. Grass-types, Bug-types, Fighting-types, Steel-types and Ice-types are bad ideas against Charizard. Not sure about Cinderace or Inteleon. I'll check if they're dual-types.

@gutens just remember not to have your Pokemon be overpowered or god-like and remember you're RPing with other people. Also Inteleon cannot learn Water Shuriken.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
I'm pretty sure your team lack coverage for Fairy-Types, Ghost-Types, and Electric-Types. Considering how you team has a Drednaw, Inteleon, and Charizard, Electric-Types is a big weakness to cover. Ghost-Types are quite effective on Gardevoir due to her Psychic-typing so I would provide coverage for that too. Fairy isn't effective on anything on your team, but it would be good to have some coverage for that too. That way, you would at least have something to go against every single typing.

Plus, a majority of your Pokemon know three moves that are all the same typing. Your Pikachu gets stuck against a Pokemon that's a Ground-Type or one with an Electric-Type sucking ability and you're screwed. XD

Yea, I have no problem with the Pikachu whatsoever. I have no problem with the team at all, really. Its just the moves that get me. XD but hey, if its for making it kind of on our level (I mean, not really but yea) then its fine.

Just felt like poking at it. :p sorry about that.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
@PyroGaleZX I was wondering the world dynamics for the role play. Is this an alternate universe where Rose isn’t that bad and stuff like that? Or is Marnie and Bede still there and haven’t taken over the gyms? Or is this a post game or pre-game storyline? Just wanted clarifications on that.

@PyroGaleZX I was wondering the world dynamics for the role play. Is this an alternate universe where Rose isn’t that bad and stuff like that? Or is Marnie and Bede still there and haven’t taken over the gyms? Or is this a post game or pre-game storyline? Just wanted clarifications on that.
I think its a pre-game storyline. Since Leon is still champ and Bede and Marnie haven't taken over, it would make most sense as a pre-game storyline. I may be wrong, its just my guess.

So for the storyline what I have planned right now is an alteration on the Sword and Shield Storyline, trying to make it better than it was, I contacted Stellar regarding an aspect of the story and whether or not it gets approval will determine how I intend to run the main storyline.

But to answer the timeline question, I'd say it's closer to an alternate universe that takes place at the same time as the games sort of, Rose is likely still going to be the villain, again I'm waiting on a reply before I make the decisions, basically if Stellar says yes, we go with plan A, if not then the story will primarily follow plan B.

I hope that makes sense, I know it's confusing but I don't want to say anything is set in stone just yet.

@Crimson Sun @SylvitheSylveon thank you though for the questions, I hope that clarifys it a little. If you're thinking of involving Bede or Marnie in your characters posts/storylines please go right ahead.