• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Galarian Star Journey

Is this still open for joins, if it is, here's my oc
Character Sheet
Name: Cedric
Looks: Cedric wears a black jacket, a red and dark gray jeans
Personality: Cedric is calm and thoughtful, but if you want him to get excited, just put him in a pokemon battle
Hometown & Region: Sinnoh
Backstory: Cedric is Sinnoh's champion Cynthia's son, he doesn't much care for myths, making his mother think he's worthles
Goal: To prove to his mom that he's no pushover, beat Leon (how he's gonna do it)
What does TDIP stand for:
The dodge it problem (dodge per battle ratio)
Pokemon Sheet:
Species: Weavile (M)
Nickname: Scar
Ability: pressure
Current Moves: triple axle, lash out, swords dance, psycho cut
letter: from cynthia as a challenge

Wait, why would Cynthia view her own flesh and blood as worthless? She's a pretty understanding (if not frazzled) character. Also, how did a 14-year-old become Champion? I get that Cynthia is the child's mother, but there are some things a kid won't be able to grasp until they are older.

no, i mean that its cynthia's son (the champion's (cynthia) son).
and cedric is a rebel, he has a blatant disregard for the safety of those he doesn't know, she finds him useless because he doesn't care about his studies and he's the reason his father died

Cynthia view her own flesh and blood
This means why does the champion Cynthia (who i was referring to) think her son is useless. I also now realize that you put down Cynthia as the champion of Sinnoh, not Cedric. XD my bad. Read that completely wrong and, on mobile, it looked like the enter key got hit.

I'm a mother myself. I would never think of my children as useless because of academic struggles, but I'd be more disappointed in myself and my husband or the events that have happened to us that cause us to affect our child like that. It isn't the child's fault 9 times out of 10 when they act out like that, or it could just be a phase.

And if your character's father died, why didn't you put that in the backstory? And what happened? Is that why your character is reckless? Wouldn't that have the opposite reaction, like being more careful so that actions that brought his father's demise wouldn't be repeated later?

let's just say it's more of a grudge that's been developing for about 6 years, and I didn't add it in the backstory because I have a bad experience with rpers that make their characters know everything in the other people's oc's biography. His father actually died when they were alone in a cottage, he got sick and Cedric was too scared to go ask for help

How old was Cedric? If he was younger than 10, I could see it being a thing of Cynthia to blame herself for leaving them alone because you technically aren't an "adult" capable of living your own life until you were 10. She would blame Cedric in the moment of hearing about it, but she might later come to realize it was her fault for leaving Cedric with her husband alone. Especially if Cedric wasn't old enough to go out there and get help or didn't have the experience to know what to do.

Grudges can compound after years, but I don't see Cynthia doing that with her own son though.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Hey Pyro, just a quick clarification. For the action contest, the field isn't actually real is it. If you're imitating what Yugioh Arc-V did with their Action Duels, then the field should be holographic or the field should be temporarily tangible (or what online says: Solid Vision but with Mass) if I'm correct. Sorry I'm going on a slight tangent.

I'm reading Medic's post and his character supposedly got wet from the terrain. Is it possible to actually get wet? Or do the trainers only have the feeling of wetness due to "Solid Vision with Mass", but not actually wet in reality?

Character Sheet
Name: Mallet
Looks: His Height is a Simply 6.0ft, His Hair is Black and his Shoes are White, He has a White T-Shirt with a Red Overcoat, with Crimson Red Pupils and a White Skin Tone.
Pers
onality: He is a Manipulative Son of a B***h, Making Sure any Conversation is in his Favor, He Doesn't Care about their Wellbeing, Really, he's just a Son of a Bitch, He's also Quite Intelligent and Can actually have Feelings if You Can Convince Him Properly
Hometown & Region: Rustboro , Hoenn
Backstory: Born in a Rich Family, he Experienced Extreme Pressure from his Peers, causing him to become Hostile and Aggressive, this died down, and It became more Emotional, This Traumatized Many, he eventually Started to Help, albeit he only did this to get Benefit for himself, He eventually Began his Pokemon Journey, With Alot of Information in his disposal, he Would pick Optimal Pokemon with Abilities, he saw them as Pets who fight for you, Which he Decided not to Exploit, he decided this to not be Negatively hated by Everybody...

After turning 15, His Parents Would Make a Vacation to The Galar Region, Mallet, After hearing it, was Actually Quite Happy, he now could partake in something he could stand for, he didn't do the Hoenn Challenge due to him Not really seeing much of a Diifficulty in it, this was Different However.

Goal: Become the Strongest Pokemon Trainer, Period.
What does TDIP stand for:The Dodge It Problem

Species:Nidorino
Nickname: Prismo
Ability:Rivalry
Current Moves:Take Down, Roar, Toxic Spikes, Stomping Tantrum
Personality:Being Mallet's First Pokemon, It was Treated quite Harshly, Learning to Adapt, it became Confident and Showed Excellent Results in Battle, it's Obedient and Will make sure to Impress.

Species:Sableye
Nickname: Ghoul
Ability:Keen Eye
Current Moves:Destiny Bond, Fake Out, Mean Look, Power Gem
Personality:Often Mischievous, This Sableye Actively Trolls And Is Fine with Taking Punishment.

Character Sheet
Name: Mallet
Looks: His Height is a Simply 6.0ft, His Hair is Black and his Shoes are White, He has a White T-Shirt with a Red Overcoat, with Crimson Red Pupils and a White Skin Tone.
Pers
onality: He is a Manipulative Son of a B***h, Making Sure any Conversation is in his Favor, He Doesn't Care about their Wellbeing, Really, he's just a Son of a Bitch, He's also Quite Intelligent and Can actually have Feelings if You Can Convince Him Properly
Hometown & Region: Rustboro , Hoenn
Backstory: Born in a Rich Family, he Experienced Extreme Pressure from his Peers, causing him to become Hostile and Aggressive, this died down, and It became more Emotional, This Traumatized Many, he eventually Started to Help, albeit he only did this to get Benefit for himself, He eventually Began his Pokemon Journey, With Alot of Information in his disposal, he Would pick Optimal Pokemon with Abilities, he saw them as Pets who fight for you, Which he Decided not to Exploit, he decided this to not be Negatively hated by Everybody...

After turning 15, His Parents Would Make a Vacation to The Galar Region, Mallet, After hearing it, was Actually Quite Happy, he now could partake in something he could stand for, he didn't do the Hoenn Challenge due to him Not really seeing much of a Diifficulty in it, this was Different However.

Goal: Become the Strongest Pokemon Trainer, Period.
What does TDIP stand for:The Dodge It Problem

Species:Nidorino
Nickname: Prismo
Ability:Rivalry
Current Moves:Take Down, Roar, Toxic Spikes, Stomping Tantrum
Personality:Being Mallet's First Pokemon, It was Treated quite Harshly, Learning to Adapt, it became Confident and Showed Excellent Results in Battle, it's Obedient and Will make sure to Impress.

Species:Sableye
Nickname: Ghoul
Ability:Keen Eye
Current Moves:Destiny Bond, Fake Out, Mean Look, Power Gem
Personality:Often Mischievous, This Sableye Actively Trolls And Is Fine with Taking Punishment.

Skidadle Skidoodle we be accepting this noodle

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
@Merciless Medic I'm fine with however you want the battle to happen. Personally, I'd prefer an actual judging from other role-players within the RP, but if that takes too long, I'm fine with predetermining it beforehand.

@PyroGaleZX Since this is still an Action Contest, I'm presuming the battle field would have a set field too? So would it still be Crumbling Hulbury? Or would it be another stage?

@Merciless Medic I'm fine with however you want the battle to happen. Personally, I'd prefer an actual judging from other role-players within the RP, but if that takes too long, I'm fine with predetermining it beforehand.

@PyroGaleZX Since this is still an Action Contest, I'm presuming the battle field would have a set field too? So would it still be Crumbling Hulbury? Or would it be another stage?

Crumbling Hulbury still

I don't mind who wins either, but I'm hoping to have Reggie win, so when he tries the next one, he can fail because he got too in over his head. XD

I would also prefer actual judging from other role-players.

@PyroGaleZX how does this contest battle work? Does it function like contest battles in the anime with Hoenn and Sinnoh, but with the humans being a physically active part in this, or is it different? Is there a points system?

I don't mind who wins either, but I'm hoping to have Reggie win, so when he tries the next one, he can fail because he got too in over his head. XD

@PyroGaleZX how does this contest battle work? Does it function like contest battles in the anime with Hoenn and Sinnoh, but with the humans being a physically active part in this, or is it different? Is there a points system?

Good question that nearly forgot to go over it, it works the same way as a Contest in Sinnoh or Hoenn except the human trainers participate alongside their Pokemon, much like how in Yugioh Arc V the Duelists will jump and ride their monsters around the arena, to mitigate this the little shields in the Dynamax Bands and the wrist pieces given to those who don't have Dynamx Bands were made to have shields to protect the trainers from any fatal injuries.

I don't intend on having Alito participate in any Contests from here on out, so if you'd like I can judge, I can also ask some friends I know to read over for second/third opinions as well.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n

Not me having the same idea for Lucas XD
May the best character win I suppose, or I guess may the best role-play post wins hehe

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Cool, so @Merciless Medic and @Crimson Sun how long would you like we can go up to a week if you'd like although that can be long, but I recognize that real-world responsibilities must always come first. (And this time limit is disregarding Mother's Day seeing as that is 2 days away).
Hmm, I wouldn't want to say a week because that's a long wait for the rest of the role-players. Perhaps 3-4 days may be a solid amount? @Merciless Medic what do you think?

Sorry about not posting and delaying the RP, I was pretty busy to post recently. Since I'm really busy with school, I won't post much and the RP will have to continue without me. I'll probably drop out of the RP, idk yet. School finishes for me in two weeks, and until then, I won't be able to post much. So yeah, I might drop out soon.

Sorry about not posting and delaying the RP, I was pretty busy to post recently. Since I'm really busy with school, I won't post much and the RP will have to continue without me. I'll probably drop out of the RP, idk yet. School finishes for me in two weeks, and until then, I won't be able to post much. So yeah, I might drop out soon.

Well I respect your choice, whatever that may be but if you'd like in the two weeks/whenever you're free I can give the cliff notes on what you may have missed, so far we're doing the Contest Battles which may take two weeks in total to do.