• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Future team ideas.

So if you've been on the 'Charms Chat lately, you'd more-than-likely know that Carmen has been working with me to boost me through my Pokemon game. She helped to train my Vespiquen, and she sent me both a Smoochum and a Drifloon. But with these Pokemon my main trio, I'm stuck as of where to go. Please, Clinic, won't you help me?

Note: I'm not regarding EVs at all; I'll most likely get into those later on, both when I'm better equipped to do so and after I get the basis of the online competition I'll have. So as of now, this is what I have.

Drifblim @ ? [Probably leftovers.]
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Attack)
Unburden
Ominous Wind
Gust / Explosion
Substitute
Baton Pass

Jynx @ ? [Choice Specs, maybe.]
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Attack)
Oblivious
Ice Beam
Psychic
Lovely Kiss
Grass Knot

Vespiquen @ ?
Serious Nature (Neutral)
Intimidate
Attack Order
Toxic
Defend Order
Heal Order

Again, I'm looking for any suggestions that anyone might be able to find for me. Help for my current Pokemon or ideas for new additions- even replacements- are welcome.

Thanks!

C

Celadon

If you are planning to use Leftovers on Drifblim, then you are better off with its Aftermath ability. Unburden comes in effect only after the item is used up, i.e. like berries.

Drifblim@leftovers
Modest Nature

Ominous Wind
Explosion
Silver Wind
Thunder Bolt

Ominous Wind: Good move with a chance of increasing all stats. Huge power after STAB.
Silver Wind: Dark types gone and may increase all stats.
Explosion: If it ever gets onto the red HP line.
Thunderbolt: To wipe out water types. Moreso because most water types tend to have Ice type attacks.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Why would you take away Drifblim's biggest strength? Being able to Baton Pass Substitutes with over 125 HP is evil. This set is assuming you can actually Baton Pass the Unburden Speed boost:

Drifblim @ Starf Berry
Timid
Unburden

- Ominous Wind
- Silver Wind
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Simple passing set. Ominous Wind + Silver Wind is useful since you can pass the boosts these provide. Depending on your HP, 3 or 4 Subs will trigger the Starf Berry and in turn the Unburden ability. Once you're done, Baton Pass away. If Unburden can't be passed, or you have no way of getting a Starf Berry, use the Aftermath ability and the Leftovers item instead.

Vespiquen @ Leftovers if Drifblim doesn't have them
Pressure (Vespiquen can't have Intimidate)

- Toxic
- Protect
- Heal Order
- Confuse Ray/Attack Order/Pursuit/Destiny Bond

Pure annoyer Vespiquen - if you manage to pass any Ominous Wind/Silver Wind boosts to this thing it'll be even nastier. Toxic + Protect + Heal Order will frustrate your opponent as they struggle to damage you whilst suffering constant damage themselves from Toxic. The last move is more or less filler - Confuse Ray will annoy the opponent more, Attack Order will prevent Taunt from screwing you, same with Pursuit, which will catch an opponent out if they try to escape Toxic's constantly increasing damage by switching out. Finally, if you do manage to get some Speed boosts on Vespiquen, you can run Destiny Bond for a sneaky kill.

KoL, I really like those Drifblim / Vespiquen move sets! Thanks a bunch for the suggestions!

Beefing up a little with ominous / Silver Wind sounds fun whilst behind a first or second substitute; then I baton pass after the berry activates and I switch to Vespy or something of the sorts.

I'm assuming that my Jynx is acceptable? x)

Edit:
I'm pretty sure that I will be unable to obtain the Starf berry on my own. This is unless anyone would be willing to trade me one or two so that I could [hopefully] grow some of my own.

And what about a Salac berry? Double speed boost to be passed?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'm assuming that my Jynx is acceptable? x)

Yep, Jynx seems absolutely fine to me. Try Life Orb for Jynx's item, since it'll give your attacks a reasonable boost and Jynx isn't exactly built to survive for long anyway.