• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Forretress Replacement?

Ok well I have recently been constructing a competitive team and I was just unsure about one of the pokemon; Forretress. I'm not going to go into detail regarding movesets of the other members because this is simply about type coverage.

Team:
Swampert
Magnezone
Gyarados
Infernape
Porygon2

That's the others. I was originally going to use Starmie as a rapid spinner but then changed to forretress because of already having 2 other water types. Is there any other rapid spinners the would type wise be better for my team. I'm not saying that he is bad it's just that now I have two thatare weak to fire. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The most highly-rated Rapid Spinners in the game I'd say are Starmie, Donphan, Forretress, Claydol, Hitmontop and Blastoise for me. Starmie is a rather offense-oriented choice but has a very fast Rapid Spin, outspeeding most adversaries to spin away the entry hazards fast. Donphan, Forretress and Claydol have the advantage of being able to use entry hazards of their own as well as being able to use Rapid Spin, Hitmontop's access to Technician, multiple priority attacks and a decent Attack stat make it a "bulky offense" spinner of sorts, while Blastoise is just a toolbox of moves who can do almost any role within a team, Rapid Spin (obviously) being one of those roles.

I'd say those are your best choices - take your pick.

You could be tricksy and get a Bronzong with Flameproof lol. Thing is alot of your current pokes share weaknesses with the common rapid spinners so your in a bit of a bind for coverage. Id say your best bet is Hitmontop here though.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Bronzong can't learn Rapid Spin at all, so if you're looking for a Spinner...Bronzong isn't it.

Thats strange I could've sworn he learned it, must be remembering Gyro ball from the show or something lol. Sorry about that. But my statement still stands for hitmontop being your best choice since it only shares weaknesses with Infernape.