• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, now that we already accepted Thor with Stormbreaker (Despite any regrets about it) saying no to Comic's request for being too strong when that, Berserker Kale and King Sonic were allowed feels unfair to comic. I am torn.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
On the other hand, now that we already accepted Thor with Stormbreaker (Despite any regrets about it) saying no to Comic's request for being too strong when that, Berserker Kale and King Sonic were allowed feels unfair to comic. I am torn.
Even this Kratos has more power than thor physically, he’s even stronger. Did you read by third bullet point I had? That’s a massive feat

Even this Kratos has more power than thor physically, he’s even stronger. Did you read by third bullet point I had? That’s a massive feat

I mean, if I played up Berserker Kale to her full power (I won't) she's easily the strongest person here. But for the sake of balance I nerfed even that monster's form to be comparable to other S-Tiers.

Actually? I'd argue Thor could do the same with a bit more effort. Hell, Thor could probably beat Kratos in a one-on-one as long as it's old Kratos. Having Stormbreaker Thor but barring Old Man Kratos would kind of be hypocrisy, and I like the idea of seeing Kratos and possibly Atrius alongside Thor considering how they feel about the gods, as well as the fact that Atrius is technically Loki. So I'm all for Kratos' inclusion so long as it's Old Man Kratos.

Really all these S-Tier characters are possible plot killers. Kale at least has her refusal to use her power for risk of going nuts and killing good people so she chooses not to use her power. Everyone else should resolve all our problems.

Thor vs. Venom should not be a contest in any context XD. Same for old man Kratos versus most people.

Actually? I'd argue Thor could do the same with a bit more effort. Hell, Thor could probably beat Kratos in a one-on-one as long as it's old Kratos. Having Stormbreaker Thor but barring Old Man Kratos would kind of be hypocrisy, and I like the idea of seeing Kratos and possibly Atrius alongside Thor considering how they feel about the gods, as well as the fact that Atrius is technically Loki. So I'm all for Kratos' inclusion so long as it's Old Man Kratos.
Again, he regrets accepting stormbreaker thor and actually wonders if that can be toned down. I don’t see the need to add these extremely powerful powerhouses that none of us besides the already broken thor can stand up against whatsoever
Well, DB/DBZ/DBS characters are casual planet busters and up.

Kale's powers are nerfed to be below that for this RP.
Regardless, even THAT seems incredibly unbalanced to all the other characters. It just makes the others seem insignificant in comparison.

I've got restraints on Sonic and Silver, don't worry. Silver doesn't know how to fully control his power, so like Kale he has to hold back. Sonic's in full control of his abilities, but doesn't fully let loose, since his speed could destroy almost everyone around him at his max and Excalibur Sonic could destroy countries. If there's anything Sonic doesn't like it's destruction, because it hurts the environment and injures peoples' lives. Burning Blaze... eh, maybe. I've got to figure out her limits, considering the Sol Emeralds don't scatter like the Chaos Emeralds. Perhaps her fear of heights? Though she is able to get over that, as shown in the recent IDW issue...
Z meanwhile needs no limits, since he's meant to be final boss territory. Zephlys or whatever his name is is true final boss territory, but Z's the current massive threat. Especially when Phase 3 gets going.

It's called a Super form for a reason. Besides, have you SEEN that final boss battle? It's a good thing it took place in a dark void, otherwise there'd be no more Camelot to save!

Well, Raiden/Sam would give a good fight to Kratos but I think they'd still get obliterated.

The only character I think has a good chance against him is Jackson. Considering Kratos is just all out berserk compared to everyone else, Jackson would continue to recover. He isn't Unkillable for nothing. Of course, Jackson can still be drowned or suffocated. So if Kratos likes waterboarding...yeah he's donezo.

In any case, I have a not so OP Zeylris dude commander who isn't actually an unstoppable force coming up. In fact, he stays away from them because he thinks that they'd just get obliterated. They are more concerned with the villains compared to the heroes, as they are just "obnoxious thorns in their side". Or something like that.

Actually, let me add another character to my arsenal that could provide some really interesting character interactions while NOT being OP.
Lenka Utsuki from the God Eater anime.
Hear me out here. Not only would Lenka be an extremely interesting character to throw into this scenario, contrasting his possible future with Nathan's own to get Tony scared about the future, but the Hunter would ADORE the world of God Eater. He'd be right at home ripping through Aragami. This would also allow the Hunter to get a legit really cool upgrade - the God Arc. This could also be how we unite Team Stark and Team Hiro post-Camelot, with the team getting dumped into the Fenrir Far East Branch and surviving there for a while. It'd build character interactions while also showing Team RWBY, the Robot Masters and Iron Man what could happen in their worlds if they're not careful.
And again, the Hunter with a God Arc.

Actually, let me add another character to my arsenal that could provide some really interesting character interactions while NOT being OP.
Lenka Utsuki from the God Eater anime.
Hear me out here. Not only would Lenka be an extremely interesting character to throw into this scenario, contrasting his possible future with Nathan's own to get Tony scared about the future, but the Hunter would ADORE the world of God Eater. He'd be right at home ripping through Aragami. This would also allow the Hunter to get a legit really cool upgrade - the God Arc. This could also be how we unite Team Stark and Team Hiro post-Camelot, with the team getting dumped into the Fenrir Far East Branch and surviving there for a while. It'd build character interactions while also showing Team RWBY, the Robot Masters and Iron Man what could happen in their worlds if they're not careful.
And again, the Hunter with a God Arc.

How strong is this guy? If you compared to the cast currently.

I'd say about a B-tier. He's superhuman, but nowhere near god potential. Sure, he's got the strongest compatibility rate with his God Arc seen so far, but that just means he can eat monsters faster and is better at killing monsters at the cost of his own health. Or not, because that three-year-lifespan thing would likely have been disproven if there was a second season of the anime due to game canon.

...Sorry, but how would the whole "showing them how things could go in their worlds if they're not careful" work? Sorry if that sounded passive-aggressive or something, it wasn't intended to, I just needed to ask.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
yes. i would be claiming Old Man Kratos.
he's a far more interesting and compelling character.
when it comes to Atrius, though, i'll have a way to separate him from his father, in order to give Kratos a driving force in the rp.

yes. i would be claiming Old Man Kratos.
he's a far more interesting and compelling character.
when it comes to Atrius, though, i'll have a way to separate him from his father, in order to give Kratos a driving force in the rp.
Suppose you’d have to wait for approval. Personally, I already explained why he’s extremely powerful

I hope the Doomslayer is strong enough to hold against two of those things. Or outsmart the Hunter. Or both. I'd assume it's just a burst of all the contained plasma, unless the Doomslayer kicks them away.

And yeah, I think Old Man Kratos is faaar more interesting than "Fugg u dad its not a phase" Kratos. Pretty neat.

...Sorry, but how would the whole "showing them how things could go in their worlds if they're not careful" work? Sorry if that sounded passive-aggressive or something, it wasn't intended to, I just needed to ask.
If Team RWBY allows the Grimm to run rampant, they could destroy the world like they did with Lenka's world. If Tony allows aliens like the Chitauri to fulfill their destructive ambitions, same thing. If the Robot Masters allow Wily - or worse, like the Stardroids - to take them down, then... well you get the picture.
Oh and for reference on what I mean with the Hunter getting a God Arc; God Arcs are Aragami turned into weapons that humans with enough aptitude can bond to, and are some of the only weapons capable of killing Aragami because guns don't really work. So that the Aragami don't kill our entire cast, though, let's say bladed weapons can slash them and plasma can sear them. Lenka's God Arc looks like this;
B0Y1j9S.jpg

But there are several types of God Arcs. Such as;
images

Or;
images

Or;
upload_2018-10-19_22-33-52.jpeg

Or- There's a lot of God Arc types is the point. And I feel like the Hunter would LOVE to get his hands on one of them.

comic

Suppose you’d have to wait for approval. Personally, I already explained why he’s extremely powerful
uh, yeah, i know he's extremely powerful.
here's my counter argument;
Berserker Kale, Infinity War Thor, literally any Sonic character that'll be used, and once he's given Godly metal, even Logan could compete with Kratos, just due to durability, not strength.
so basing your argument on 'oh, he's too op', is small-minded, when you want to look at the bigger picture.

uh, yeah, i know he's extremely powerful.
here's my counter argument;
Berserker Kale, Infinity War Thor, literally any Sonic character that'll be used, and once he's given Godly metal, even Logan could compete with Kratos, just due to durability, not strength.
so basing your argument on 'oh, he's too op', is small-minded, when you want to look at the bigger picture.

Berserker Kale is a rarely used idea. It's not base power.

comic

Berserker Kale is a rarely used idea. It's not base power.
exactly.
and as Eevee earlier stated, our characters will NOT be going all-out all the time. Old Man Kratos is more willing to listen and understand. he's not gonna be just 'kill first, someone will answer my questions later'.

exactly.
and as Eevee earlier stated, our characters will NOT be going all-out all the time. Old Man Kratos is more willing to listen and understand. he's not gonna be just 'kill first, someone will answer my questions later'.

The bigger concern is how can someone like Hughes do anything when kratos is and company can solve all practical problems and defeat practical obstacles.

The bigger concern is how can someone like Hughes do anything when kratos is and company can solve all practical problems and defeat practical obstacles.
Just saying, it doesn't always have to be like that. It's about what they bring to the series. I don't like the constant powercreep either, but it's not always just a brutal fight. The brutal one can always be brought down with tactics.

I'm not against it. I'd think it be hilarious for the Hunter to be A) Wielding a plasma rifle B) Being blessed by Artemis and C) Lifting around a weapon that slaughters something akin to gods. Yharnam is gonna be rocked.

Oh, DEFINITELY. Though depending on if he gets an Old-Generation or New-Generation God Arc, probably the latter, he won't even need the rifle anymore. New-Generation God Arcs can transform from melee weapons to guns, and they reload on ammo by literally eating monsters.

I'm not sure, like with Thor, we might have to weaken him a bit, not really sure.
I would be okay if he were weakened, but eevee and comic are pushing for it to be canon strength. However that would go beyond the current line of power, which was thor who is established as going over the line to begin with. Personally I’d be fine if he were weakened substantially somehow.

@Comic what do you think?

comic

i'm using Old Man Kratos. if he's accepted, of course. obviously we'd have to limit his powers, but did you say that Thor's power has been limited?
because i disagree. he's been a tank this entire rp, while also acting more like his comic counterpart. please tell me i'm not the only one who's noticed Thor in the rp has been acting more 'hear hear, i'm the mighty thor!' rather than the goofball he's become.
anyway, just like i did with Artemis, i'd obviously have to lessen the immense power of Kratos. not to mention take away some of his powers, like his ability to control time after he killed the three sisters of fate.
and i don't mean like Timeman can control time.
i mean Kratos can literally control the very essence of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.