• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first three additions were Meta Knight (Kirby Series/Smash Bros), Captain Falcon (F-Zero/Smash Bros), and Drax the Destroyer (Guardians of the Galaxy/Avengers: Infinity War).

The fourth character... well, I thought of how I already have characters from multiple J.J. Abrams shows, Marshall from Alias and Sawyer from Lost. I thought it would be only fitting to add one from his other hit show, Heroes.

Just one problem with that. Pretty much every character in that show is broken in one way or another. They have a character who can regenerate from ANY injury, a character with telekinesis so strong nothing can touch them, a character who can become completely invisible at will, a character who manipulates time and space, a character who can explode with the power of a nuclear bomb at will AND LIVE, a character who can make any object pass straight through his body, and someone who can do all of those and more. There are also a few characters with minor powers, but come on, nobody wants a character who is literally just a normal human except for the fact that they can fly two feet above the ground or read minds. I mean, those powers are sorta cool, but they don’t really help much in this setting.

So... could somebody help me decide on one character who isn’t too broken for this RP? Surely somebody here has watched the show.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
The first three additions were Meta Knight (Kirby Series/Smash Bros), Captain Falcon (F-Zero/Smash Bros), and Drax the Destroyer (Guardians of the Galaxy/Avengers: Infinity War).

The fourth character... well, I thought of how I already have characters from multiple J.J. Abrams shows, Marshall from Alias and Sawyer from Lost. I thought it would be only fitting to add one from his other hit show, Heroes.

Just one problem with that. Pretty much every character in that show is broken in one way or another. They have a character who can regenerate from ANY injury, a character with telekinesis so strong nothing can touch them, a character who can become completely invisible at will, a character who manipulates time and space, a character who can explode with the power of a nuclear bomb at will AND LIVE, a character who can make any object pass straight through his body, and someone who can do all of those and more. There are also a few characters with minor powers, but come on, nobody wants a character who is literally just a normal human except for the fact that they can fly two feet above the ground or read minds. I mean, those powers are sorta cool, but they don’t really help much in this setting.

So... could somebody help me decide on one character who isn’t too broken for this RP? Surely somebody here has watched the show.
lol, i considered taking a character from Heroes awhile back. probably either Peter Petrelli or Hiro Nakamura, but both would be confusing at this point, as we have two Peters and a Hiro.
though Sylar would make a good villain in this. besides, i already have Homestuck characters in this, and they are broken AF, so i personally wouldn't see a problem with characters from Heroes.

Yeah, I considered Peter, Hiro, and Sylar. Sylar would probably be the best option.

So, a description of Sylar then, for those who haven’t watched the show.

His primary power is telekinesis. He uses it to kill people by cutting off the top of their heads. He then does... something to the brain, not exactly sure what he does... and steals the powers of the character he just killed. The power-stealing only works on characters from his universe, though, so don’t worry. He isn’t gonna steal Gwen’s Spider-Sense or Lucario’s Aura any time soon.

Maybe the best way to learn more about him would be to look the character up. I’ve only watched up until the beginning of Season 2, so I’m not an expert on the show.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Yeah, I considered Peter, Hiro, and Sylar. Sylar would probably be the best option.

So, a description of Sylar then, for those who haven’t watched the show.

His primary power is telekinesis. He uses it to kill people by cutting off the top of their heads. He then does... something to the brain, not exactly sure what he does... and steals the powers of the character he just killed. The power-stealing only works on characters from his universe, though, so don’t worry. He isn’t gonna steal Gwen’s Spider-Sense or Lucario’s Aura any time soon.

Maybe the best way to learn more about him would be to look the character up. I’ve only watched up until the beginning of Season 2, so I’m not an expert on the show.
it's heavily implied that Sylar eats brains to take the abilities of a special individual. and i imagine Sylar could do this to anybody outside of his universe, it would obviously just have to be... well thought-out and planned with others if you ever want to take someone's powers.

I just did a little more research, apparently Sylar’s original power is Intuitive Aptitude, the ability to quickly understand how things work. So according to my research, he studies the brains and learns how to replicate the powers.

As for your second statement, he probably could, but I don’t think anyone wants me to decapitate one of their characters just so I can steal their powers. I’m already getting heat for picking Stormbreaker Thor for my cast.

Alright, now that my new characters have been accepted, it’s probably time to make a cast update.

Chances of Survival: 100%
There is no way I’m killing Peter. He’s become one of my favorites to use, and I’ll probably use him in the sequel as well, since he is probably one of the only members of my cast with a justifiable method to survive.

Chances of Survival: 90%
Another one who is staying alive for this RP, most likely. Vader will be my main turnaround character. Definitely not gonna survive the sequel.

Chances of Survival: 70%
Yeah, I might actually kill off Bowser. He’ll turn to the light side before Vader will, and he may end up sacrificing himself to save the others.

Thor will definitely live through this RP. I will take him out of commission in the sequel to help focus on my other characters and other peoples’ characters more.

Rocket is just another character who is way too fun to use. Sure, he’s DEFINITELY going out in the sequel, but he can probably survive this one.

Kaleb will not die, and will not return for the sequel at all. He needs to protect his world. Kaleb will be the first, and possibly only, of my cast to leave the RP early.

Chances of Survival: 30%
Yeah, Marshall doesn’t really have many options here. I still haven’t sent him in yet, I’ll probably drop him with Tony so he can help with the new armor. But he’s just a normal human with a big brain, so I don’t see many ways Marshall can live.

I’m keeping Sawyer in this. He is probably my favorite character of my cast, other than Peter. Sawyer will go down in the sequel, but he’s living through this one for sure.

Chances of Survival: 85%
I don’t really see a great way to kill Meta Knight off and still provide emotional results. Nobody is really that attached to him, he’s just sorta... disposable. So I’ll probably keep him around until the sequel hits.

Chances of Survival: 90%
I mean, come on, who wouldn’t be sad if he went out? But still, I’ll probably keep him around. We definitely need him to duel one of Zeliyis’s goons, though. He has to Falcon Punch someone during this RP. What would he be without his Falcon Punch?

Chances of Survival: 80%
Drax will definitely be fun to use, but I might actually kill him off to motivate Peter and Rocket to put their stupid disagreements aside and help each other out. If he does live, he’s got no chance in the sequel.

Chances of Survival: 70%
I mean, Sylar is definitely gonna be a villain. I may even have him join Zeliyis. But if he does, there is a chance he will die before we reach the sequel.

And speaking of updates, does anybody know where Ash and Link’s group is right now? I need to place Kaleb near them.

“I spoke with your friends very much present. They heard it from me in the flesh. That would be more than enough to get the message across.” Specter spoke, tapping his fingers on his armchair. “Now your just coming up with excuses for their crimes. Can you not see what’s right in front of you?”

Uh, Kale only spoke with Specter when he agreed to a ceasefire after Specter had talked with the group. Kale didn't speak with Specter till longer after Doomslayer and Hiro got into the fortress.

My Kingdom Hearts OC, Kyuseishu and Gilgamesh from the Final Fantasy series. They are a pair. I'll get a bio on the OC up sometime today.

Are they their own villains? Or will they work for somebody?

They are their own villains (Gilgamesh is Kyuseishu's dragon in a sense even if they bicker at times), my aim actually with them was to have them appear before the big bad of the story and strike up an "alliance" of sorts so that he gets some interaction in Part 1 of the story and somebody has some connection to him no matter how loose.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Uh, Kale only spoke with Specter when he agreed to a ceasefire after Specter had talked with the group. Kale didn't speak with Specter till longer after Doomslayer and Hiro got into the fortress.
He spoke out in the open, where Hiro and Doomslayer were very much present. The only ones to not here were Elecman and Cutman, who were offline

He spoke out in the open, where Hiro and Doomslayer were very much present. The only ones to not here were Elecman and Cutman, who were offline

Again, I am not saying he didn't speak to them. But he didn't mention a cease fire at all until Kale began to talk with him. He was enemies with everyone before that happened. Only Kale knows about said cease fire.

Which is the way we should keep it to expose Specter as a liar and a jackass, because he’s meant to be the villain here, not Team Hiro, and Hiro, Elec and Cut are not the types of people who would do villainous actions like Specter is insinuating.

Again, I am not saying he didn't speak to them. But he didn't mention a cease fire at all until Kale began to talk with him. He was enemies with everyone before that happened. Only Kale knows about said cease fire.
Actually specter called off the defense right in front of her and audibly accepted said cease fire

Specter: *Invades, starts brainwashing people, builds a militant fortress and laughs at the protagonists*
Protagonists:*fights back*
Specter: Omg why is everyone attacking me :(

No sympathy from me.

Also I'll post later, stuck in school at the present and I wasn't able to use my laptop yesterday. If not today, tomorrow.

Which is the way we should keep it to expose Specter as a liar and a jackass, because he’s meant to be the villain here, not Team Hiro, and Hiro, Elec and Cut are not the types of people who would do villainous actions like Specter is insinuating.
Hehehe Specter has a way of finding the bad in others, even if it isn’t there <.> he IS the villain, but I’m just pointing out what did happen

Specter: *Invades, starts brainwashing people, builds a militant fortress and laughs at the protagonists*
Protagonists:*fights back*
Specter: Omg why is everyone attacking me :(

No sympathy from me.

Also I'll post later, stuck in school at the present and I wasn't able to use my laptop yesterday. If not today, tomorrow.
He is a villain after all, so he is supposed to be hated. He had no issue with them fighting back, he just found it affirming of his beliefs that they kept fighting despite the ceasefire.

Ignoring the hunter’s words of confusion for the moment, he had other issues that took his attention. The anomaly that was kale. A Saiyan apparently by her own admission. Were they part human and part ape? Her power seems similar to the power he possesses. Too similar to be a coincidence. Drones didn’t fire back to her destroying them, instead Specter spoke in a rather, disturbed tone from one of them.

“I think that we can work together, you and I. Or at least live in harmony. I don’t wish ill on your kind, and hope only for the best. Ms. Kale, was it? I only seek to rule over the humans whom seek to enslave my race. You are in no danger from me.”

The drones around her didn’t seem to attack hunter too, almost as if it respected the fact that they were friends. Specter was in a peculiar position.

“But do not undermine my plans. I respect you and your species greatly. But do not use that as way of attack. Or else I’ll have to begrudgingly go through with my attack upon you and your group.”

This is literally all he says when he spoke to them the first time. As he was already breaking apart the building with his drones as said drones attacked Hiro and the others. It was an offer to join forces, not a cease fire to talk terms or anything.

This is literally all he says when he spoke to them the first time. As he was already breaking apart the building with his drones as said drones attacked Hiro and the others. It was an offer to join forces, not a cease fire to talk terms or anything.
Oh this was far before the cease fire

Status
Not open for further replies.