• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Feelings on Guitar Hero

I'm basically fine with this game unless I come across:
People who think actual guitar is just as easy as Guitar Hero.
People inspired by Guitar Hero who then immediately pick up a guitar and take lessons, only to put down the guitar when they realize they have to, y'know, actually practice and everything.
People who think they're as amazing as Jimmy Page when they're really only doing Hit Me With Your Best Shot on "Easy" mode.
Those are the only real problems I have with the game.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
All video games topics on the proper board, please. We have that board for a reason XP

And I think VG Cats summed your feelings up fairly well:

070423.jpg

I find Guitar Hero, and I guess Rock Band as well, really fun. They make some really good party games because it makes you laugh to see your friends go nuts on this game. I'm not really good at it because on harder modes I can't make my fingers move fast enough. But yeah, the Guitar Hero controller is not a real guitar (How are pressing buttons and strummiing strings even remotely the same?)

The first couple ones were okay... but my real problem is with those people that play it constantly... And I mean constantly. My girlfriend's brother is like... 16/17 and for the past 2 years it's been more or less the only thing he plays. He gets pissed if anyone interupts him while he's trying to "FC" a song (get 5 stars gold: hit all notes without over-strumming). He's even a member on some board that has scores up on it and gets pissed and locks himself in his room for hours if someone beats his score (even if he isn't #1).

Sadly, I introduced him to it so it's my fault. But hearing the first 2 minutes of a song 50+ times is pretty annoying, especially at 4 in the morning (yes, he skips school to play... he's been to school once this past week).

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I don't particularly have any 'feelings' on Guitar Hero... it's just one of those games that I've never been interested in. I'm not a fan of music (as in playing), and so the idea of sitting or standing in my room playing along to music with a little guitar doesn't appeal to me in the slightest XD

I can understand why some people would enjoy it, although I don't understand it's popularity. I mean, a few of my College friends used to spend parts of the lesson searching for videos on YouTube of other people playing it, and saying how incredible they were. If people want to feel like a musician, then so be it, but Guitar Hero does not a musician make.

Therefore my verdict is each to their own, but certainly not for me ^^;

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I can see why some people would find it fun, but to me, Guitar Hero is pretty much just another DDR. I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally not a rhythm-action game person, so Guitar Hero and its likes don't hold any personal appeal to me.

I'll stick to my actual, real guitars kthx.

Yeah... it's not the best game ever, but it ain't the worst. GH (and Rock Band for that matter) are great party games, but their not something that I'd spend eight hours trying to perfect a song for. They do have some great songs though, and it is a good way to introduce people to music... some music anyways XP.​

I like the Guitar Hero controller better than the Rock Band controller. It seems to operate smoother, and the strum bar feels more solid on Guitar Hero. The Rock Band strum bar feels almost like it's padded, it seems sticky to me.

I find guitar hero fun but in reality playing the actual guitar is a lot more difficult. But, thats the way a lot of video games are, they never portray reality.

Well, personally i love guitar hero. It was the reason why i got into music in the first place. I tryed to play real guitar but then i fell in love wth the drums and the turn tables and ive been playing ever since. I still play guitar hero every now and then but not as much as i used to. But i still find it to be an awesome game. Becuase without it getting me into music i wouldnt be attending the school i am today x].

S

sheesheesh

I'm good at Guitar Hero and Rock Band, but I'm better at real instruments. One of the only things I don't like is when I meet someone who says he loves Pearl Jam, I say I like the song "Worldwide Suicide" and the dude says, "Oh, I've only heard Alive and Even Flow." WTF?!

I hate guitar hero's games, they make to many to fast and they dont have time to make them good, whereas rock band spends time to make their games good, but i hate their guitars so guitar hero guitar rock band game