• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Snacks for Surfing

And by surfing I mean obviously on the 'net not on the waves.
What is your snack of choice when browsing about the world-wide-web?

There are a few things I'm prone to be snacking on if hunger strikes when online. Salted peanuts and apfel saft were on the menu a lot when I lived in the old house, but since Lidl have changed the stock for apple juice, not so much these days. If it's not nuts, it's something light and savoury; Sesame Snaps [sesasme seed honey glazed slices], Paluszki [sour dough Polish sticks] or a Tracker [cereal bar, usually with nuts not chips]. :)

... Hungry now. Just as well I've got some Paluszki here. 8D

I eat too many things while surfing. I usually turn away from the computer and wipe my hands so crumbs and stuff doesn't get stuck in keys or in circuitry.

The usual things include:
Bag of Crisps/Chips
Nutri-Grain Bar
Chocolate Bar (Mars, Galaxy, etc)
Chocolate Biscuits (Kit Kat, Breakaway, etc)
Cookies
Yogurt
Pot Noodle (strictly Chicken and Mushroom flavour)
and around this time of year Mince Pies

Drinks wise I drink:
Pepsi/Coca Cola
Dr Pepper
Irn Bru
or Diluted Squash

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I tend to eat fruits whenever I surf the web, only because my parents refuse to buy junk food. It also helps we've made it a habit to eat fruits in the evening, which is also the time I use the internet the most. Most commonly eaten fruits include melons (usually honeydew or cantaloupe, maybe watermelon), pears, or peaches~

Lately, though, we bought a large container of cheese puffs, which I love a lot~ sadly, they're all gone now (because Mom took them all to work with her), so I'm back to fruits and water. XD

I rarely eat snacks while surfing, because whenever I feel peckish behind the computer I go downstairs for some food. I might occasionally have some crisps, though, and it's currently the season for our Dutch delicacy of 'pepernoten'- Small cinnamon-y biscuit pebbles.

pepernoten.jpg

These addictive little bastards.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh. Usually I'm very against eating anything while using my keyboard/mouse, but if I'm busy doing something and there's pizza available I'll sometimes grab a slice to nom on while continuing with what I was doing (ie. chatting with friends). I guess the same sometimes happens if there's candy or chips lying around, but not nearly as often. I loathe getting crumbs or grease on my tech. ;-;

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Hmmm. I'm not really big on food to start with, so the main meals of the day aside I don't tend to eat much or snack, at my computer or otherwise. I'm normally the one person in the house who can't be blamed for eating biscuits, fruit, sweets etc. purely because I'm not all that fond of the things.

I am, however, very fond of toffee sweets. Generally at Christmas if we have a tin of Quality Street then I will either steal all the toffee penny/finger sweets, or split them with dad seeing how neither of us really like the other sweets much. During the rest of the year it isn't odd to find I have a box of toffee poppets somewhere that I snack on now and again. :)

But yeah, toffee sweets aside I don't tend to snack on much else, if anything.

I've started snacking on fruit mainly apples and bananas, probably in a mad bid for my heart not to explode from all the lack of exercise and junk I eat xD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Generally speaking I shall have a cup of tea present, but the snacks tend to vary. Bourbon Creams/Custard Creams/Chocolate Digestives are the usual, but scones covered in syrup (omnomnom), yoghurts and occasionally crisps feature in my line up too. I'm not one for eating chocolate over the keyboard as it's easy to not realise that your fingers are covered in melted chocolate :D

Rileyixx said:
Drinks wise I drink:
Irn Bru

Man. That kinda made me want to go live in the UK. I miss Irn Bru something fierce. (I used to travel to Scotland once a year)

I generally just nibble on random things. Any type of bite sized candy, Gummy Bears being my favorite. i'm also perfectly fine with a bag of plain tortilla chips :D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I have just discovered the joys of Mr Kipling's Angel slices. Omg. These shall now be my 'at the computer' snack of choice, they even come in individual little boxes so no mess! Don't think I'm supposed to eat all six in one go, mind :3

I remember having those angel slices and now I want some, and yes you are supposed to eat all six in one go ;D But then you'll be walking out with your local supermarkets full supply of them xD