• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favorite Pokemon Version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a huge fan of D&P and FR/LG. Just bored and wondering what everyones favorite version is.

6e44df3da082e1eb10c522f7ffd09d2a.png

[attachment deleted by admin]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was always a fan of the "special" versions, and the Johto region, so put two and two together to get Crystal :)

Emerald, I raised some of my most loved Pokemon on there, also Yellow, my Dad helped me with it and it was very sentimental.

Silver Version for me, I love Johto pokemon, I love the Johto region, and I love the color silver. I just hope they create a remake soon, my old silver version wore out from use, and I'm starting to go crazy!!!

Diamond is my favorite overall right now, but I have two other favorites and they're both the third game in the series: Crystal and Emerald. Crystal was the first game I got to play as a girl. Emerald is huge help with breeding with the Desert Underpass (full of Ditto) and Artisan Cave (full of Smeargle). I really like Diamond but will probably like the third game better. I like how the storylines of the third games make sense.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
While red will always have a place in my heart and Diamond will always be awesome, my favourite pokemon version would have to be Ruby. The graphics were great - finally pokemon looked like they should and in full colour goodness! It also brought along a great batch of Pokemon - Johto pokemon were a bit meh in my opinion - and a lot of my favourite Pokes. I love the towns and the overall map. All-in-all, Ruby was a great game that I had a lot of fun with, so it gets my vote!

A lot of my team also belongs to the Third Gen, so I owe it a lot ^^

Edit: Alas, my spelling needs work

Gen III was definitely my favorite. They brought around quite a few neat type combinations and the starters finally evolved into something that wasn't just the standard singular type. (Charizard doesn't really count as I remember it didn't get the Flying secondary type till Gen II I think) Hoenn was just fun to go around and most of my favorite Pokemon come from here.

First Pokemon game I ever played was "Blue" I borrowed off a friend who didn't really want it, But Silver was pretty damn fun. I had my Precious Dragonite "Shenron" trained from an egg on that, that completely drilled other players teams into the ground, I never played crystal because the cartridge was different to Silvers so my dear old "Original Gameboy" couldn't play it.

I wasn't a fan of Generation III at first because while the Johto region was a terrific advancement in the Pokemon world, Hoenn just didn't seem all that great, hell I think two of the starters look really bad, only one I don't mind is Torchic (when it becomes Blaziken)

But after grabbing Emerald on a Emulator and playing through, it really grew on me, I quite like most of the new Pokemon.

Diamond or Pearl, I plan on Buying a DS for these, I have doubts about, 99% of the pokemon I have seen in the new game they look REALLY bad, the starters just look stupid, when I get on GTS i'm dropping them immediately so I can grab a Charmander or something I'll actually enjoy.

I'll say my favorite version is Emerald due to the fact it's rather big AND it even has a legit mew hiding in the game.

first pokemon game i ever played was blue and i was instantly addicted so im loyal to blue but my over all favorite is d/p and next in line would be emerald and i hope they remake gold and silver.

Crystal. First hand-held and Pokemon game ever. Johto was great, and I remember the feeling when I hatched my female Eevee for Espeon. Lots and lots of memories in that one little game pack.

I quite like Blue version right now. But my favourite game would have to be Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby. I just remember them as the bestest. ;D Oh I remember something else on Gameboy Color Pokemon Pinball, that was good.
I just gotGold version but it turns out the batteries dead so i havnt played it.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
My favourite version was Gold. The first half of the game was one thing, but revisiting Kanto and beating all the gyms over there was something else, and I can safely say no other Pokemon version has been as fun to play for me as Gold.
The battery in the cartridge conked out long ago, but hopefully there will be G/S remakes in the works for the DS after Platinum.

Gold...was awesome. Being the Pokemon game that was the longest and the most badges you can ever get, along with all of the climatic battles you had. Gold also did have some sweet Pokemon is Gligar and Quilava. Gold was a really nice jump from R/B/Y. Personally, I'd love to see a remake...but we'll all have to wait until Platinum comes out.

Firered personally

the first 252(251?) pokemon are the ones i remember the best,with the first 151 being my favorite generation.Any problems with red/blue for me were fixed in this gen,and they added more content.It was very enjoyable getting an old school team and beating the elite four with improved pokemon

Crystal has always been my favorite. I always thought the first two gens were the best, and I just love the storyline of Crystal. Also, it was the first Pokemon game I actually owned, the rest were my friends that I borrowed, so I have some creepy connection with it. o.O

Status
Not open for further replies.