• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fantamus Region

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Wait wait wait, James don't kill yourself!" Marcus said as he recklessly jumped into the water, and carried James, of course he had help from Dan, but he felt like he had to do something nonetheless.
"Ike, throw a life floating thing!" Marcus cried out trying to keep himself and James afloat.

Ike threw a lifejacket at the duo after following James and Marcus. "I'll get a Pokemon out to help as well! Noi, help fly them out!" Ike sent out Noi and she tried to help fly James out of the water, waiting for Marcus to let go of James so she could fly him away.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus let go of his friend and waited for Noi to do the rest.
"Thanks Ike!" Marcus shouted back gratefully as he swam out and sent out Venus and Zoro.
"You two, help out James," Marcus commanded his Pokemon as the two obeyed and struggled to lift out James.

Dan and Snivy focused on getting back to shore with Marcus, as he lacked a flying type on hand though Snivy had jumped on one of the flying types and used its vines to help carry James.

Noi managed to fly James to safety with the help of Marcus's Pokemon. "Thanks, Marcus. That could've been a real pickle should he actually die." James looked alive-ish, but there was no way to know for sure. CPR might help. "I'm gonna do CPR." Ike started pushing up and down on James's chest.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James became unconscious as he was being saved by Dan, Ike, and Marcus. Meanwhile his subconscious was taken over as he went into a dream. He was by himself, in an empty white room. Then everything turned black. A dead face of a female teenager appeared in front of him, seemingly melting. He immediately woke up from the nightmare and saw Ike performing CPR on him. He pushed the boy away and stood up as he returned his Pokemon. "Leave me fucking alone. JUST FUCKING LEAVE!" he shouted at all of them.

Dan had to admit, James' outburst had been...troubling, to say the least. And his Snivy had a look of concern as well, but Dan decided he had to know what troubled him.

"Okay, calm down. Getting mad and yelling at everyone is not the solution to anything." Dan said, as he tried to calm James down as he clearly sensed there was something off with James. Something he had not shared yet, though Dan at least tried to keep the situation from growing too far out of control. Tried, being the key word.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus backed away, he seemed to be taken aback at what had just happened.
"James, talk to us, what's wrong?" He had no idea if he was doing good, he just hoped that he could hold on to some sort of thing that keeps him sure that his world isn't crumbling around him.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James glared at Dan very coldly. "Who even fucking are you. You're just some kid I met. You don't know me at all. NONE OF YOU DO!" he shouted as he punched Dan in the face as hard as he could. He winced at the pain of the punch had on him, before crying. Then he ran away from all of them, past the Pokemon center, till he reached a dark alley. Then he just sat down, and cried a lot more.

"GAH!" Dan yelled out, as he quickly covered his nose as he fell to his knees while Snivy dashed over to Dan and had a look of concern. Dan's nose dripped a little blood, as he quickly wiped that away while he glared over at James as he ran off.

What the hell is wrong with this guy!?

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Wait...." Marcus spoke softly as James ran away crying. He was sad, what had gotten into James, his world really was crumbling, what was the point in denying it.
"I'll see you guys later," Marcus whispered, walking to the Pokemon Center and sitting down.
What's going on? Nothing seems to make sense anymore, at this rate, I might as well kiss Tessa on the lips, why not, at least then I can make good of my world crumbling around me! Marcus looked over at Tessa and Jane, he thought about talking to them, maybe that would help.
"Hey...," The azure haired boy greeted his friends in a soft voice, as if he had lost a loved one.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James wiped his tears and then stood back up. "If people want me to keep on going, then I will. I should train for the tournament, but.... yeah I think I just need to relax," he thought. He released all of his Pokémon, who looked at him, still worried. "I'm fine guys. I promise nothing like that will ever happen again," James told them. They went over to their trainer and hugged him, well that it was mostly Burn since Chlorist and Rosetta didn't have hands. He returned all of them except Chlorist, who dodged his attempts and being released and jumped on his head. James sighed and went over to the center.

He realized he was still wet, but he didn't care. He saw Marcus, Tessa, and Jane sitting nearby. He put up a fake smile, hopefully it would lead to an actual one as he sat down next to Marcus. "Sup guys," he said casually.

From just beyond the dock in the sea, a high-pitched cackling could be heard. Sid-Roggoth had stood in the water, Jane's Feebas flopping in his hand, watching as James had cast himself into the sea. It was so comically bizarre, and such a show of darkness, that he couldn't help but scream with laughter. One thing about humor: it was universal. It was rooted in morbidity, and most effective when applied suddenly. Most commonly, it satirized human stupidity, and here was the epitome. He laughed as James drowned, laughed when the others pulled him to safety, and still laughed when James went away.

He couldn't help himself. Mortals, saving each others' lives when they were just going to die in time anyway? The irony was too much: the perfect icing on the cake.

By the time James returned, he had finally composed himself, to the point that he could now return his attention to the Feebas in his hand. It was unconscious, probably choked from lack of water going through its gills. Sid-Roggoth wondered what he should do with it now. Torracat and Drowzee had come in pokeballs, but this was a wild Feebas, fresh from the sea. How was he supposed to make it his own without drowning it in open air?

Derek glanced around. He had showered, and was dressed in his blue t-shirt with his khaki shorts. Then, he sat around. For a while. Boring.

Derek walked out of his cabin, and onto the boat deck. He checked and asked when the boat would be departing. Late evening was the answer. The sun was still high in the sky.

Derek needed something to do, so he patrolled the boat. Maybe he would find one of the trainers. No such luck.

Instead, Derek lounged in the pool. There, he saw a few other kids. Two guys and three girls. Parents were lined along the side. The three girls all looked to be around Derek's age, maybe a bit older. One was thin and tall, with bleach-blonde hair. Her face was beautiful porcelain, with a dainty smile drawn upon it. The second girl was stocky, with bronzed skin. Muscles rippled up and down her girthy arms, as she cut through the water. The third girl had her syrup-brown hair wafting around her head in a halo. Her eyes were acorns, and freckles dotted her cheeks. They were all beautiful.

The two guys swam over to Derek. One was tan, with short blond hair that shot forward. He looked somewhat similar to Derek. The second was shorter, with dark skin. His hair was flat on the top, and short on the side. His abs were prominent, sculpted... fine. His lips curled up at the ends, naturally, giving him a presence of a smile at all times. He had long arms, with coils of muscles twisted around them. They both seemed around 16-17.

"You like those chicks?" the white boy grinned.

"Yeah," Derek nodded, his jaw hanging slightly open. The girl with the brown hair had magnificent breasts, and all three boys knew it.

"I'm Stephen," the boy introduced himself.

"Aaron," the black [not sure if that's PC, but since America doesn't exist, I can't say African-American] boy said.

"I'm Derek," Derek said, "The real question is: who are they?"

"I don't know," Stephen admitted, "But I wanna get to know them real well."

Derek chuckled, and nodded. Fantasies zipped through his head at the speed of the Zap.

"Shut up, perv," Aaron scoffed, shoving Stephen.

"Whatever, you know it's true," Stephen shrugged, "I like the blondes, myself. But she's a bit flat."

"So are you, dipshit," Aaron said.

"I'm a guy, so it's okay."

"Being flat as a girl is okay too, moron," Aaron pointed out.

"Just not as hot as big boobs," Stephen said, hormones raging through his body, "I'm ready to get my hands on those."

"You're goddamn gross," Aaron shuddered.

"You're goddamn jealous of my smoothness."

"If you're so suave, go over there and talk to them," Aaron dared. Stephen shook his head, viciously.

"I'll do it," Derek volunteered. He was always in the mood for a dare.

Lilith looked at the scene unfolding. She saw Jane run off. The security guard was too awestruck to even chase her. Lilith thought about following her, but emotional stuff wasn't her forte. Tessa ran off. Honestly, Lilith thought Tessa was a bit too fake seeming and too happy for her own good. But she would be better at comforting.

Lilith began hesitantly walking to the ship.
Lilith looked at the tickets. The cheapest was 1000 Pokedollars for one economy pass and the most expensive was first class for 100,000 Pokedollars.
"Well, I don't want to sleep in a shitty room, but I don't want to spend a fortune..." Lilith weighed the options. Eventually, she decided on an average room for 10,000 Pokedollars. It was most of her money, but she figured she could battle some people for more money.

"Here is your ticket. Depending on how full everything is, you might have to share." The ticket man informed her. Lilith nodded.

She walked onto the ship after buying her ticket and walked into her room. "I expected a bit better for 10,000 Pokedollars," Lilith told her Pokemon. Mari nodded before hopping on the bed.

The room was average sized with one room and a bathroom. A full sized bed sat in the corner and a fold out couch was in the corner. A small kitchen area was in the corner. It had a mini fridge, counter space, and a coffee maker. After unpacking a bit, Lilith decided to wander the boat.
She saw a pool area off in the distance. "No thank you..." Lilith muttered. She had a fear of water ever since she fell into the creek near her house and nearly drowned. Derek was near the pool, eying some girls about her age. Lilith rolled her eyes.

"That's the face of a child molester..." Lilith muttered under her breath.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Sup James, are you back to normal, or at least, not suicidal?" Marcus joked, feeling a small grin tug on his face, "But seriously, you doing okay?" It was unnatural to see James, who he always veiwed as the guy who always makes other people feel happy, break like that. Truthfully, it scared him, he was very scared, for both Jane and James, he was smart enough to know that Jane wasn't mentally right, something had been dragging on her mind, whatever it was, it dragged on her mind to the point where she could no longer take it. Maybe she was insane, and that scared him a lot. knowing one of his close friends were going insane.
"Hey guys, can I tell you something?" He wanted to share his concern, which he mistook for fear, though he was a little afraid.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Oh yes, I'm doing quite wonderful really. No more killing myself and stuff," James replied, trying to hide his sarcasm. He still felt depressed and talking about his attempt was... a bad reminder to say the least. "At least I have friends that aren't like me," he thought, finding self pity in that seemingly pessimistic thought. Then Marcus asked if he could share something. "Why of course, I'll listen closely. After all, we are friends," James said, as his fake smile slowly turned creepy.

Dan, who had recovered from being punched in the face by James earlier, walked along the docks until he saw someone who he did not recognize. Joseph, not that Dan had any way of knowing his name as Dan realized for a group he decided to tag along with he knew a lot less about them then he would have liked.

I really need to know more about these guys. I need to learn to get over my shyness and just talk to them. What's the worst that could happen anyway?

Dan, with his partner Snivy in toe, walked up to Joseph and offered a friendly wave.

"Hey there." Dan said, as he had not known how else to start off while his Snivy just eyed the guy curiously.

"Mind if I join in?" Derek asked the girls. They were hitting an inflatable ball in the air. Something like "don't let the ball touch the H2O".

"Sure," the skinny blonde girl nodded, "I'm Shirley."

Shirley. What an old-timey name.

"That's Nisa," Shirley said, pointing to the muscular girl.

"And I'm Ella," the girl with the brown hair piped up.

"Derek," Derek said.

"Well, Derek, the rule is simple," Shirley said.

"You skratta, you forlar," Nisa shrugged.

"No, you idiot," Shirley giggled, "Don't let the ball touch the water."

"Sounds simple enough," Derek nodded, and joined in. He smirked at the boys, who looked on in awe.

Ike wandered around some more, waiting for the tournament to start, and after training against some of the wild Pokemon in the bay (Geck evolved), he decided to spend some leisure time. He found Derek playing - with girls, he noted - a classic game of "don't let the ball touch the H2O," a game he had played when he was only a kid. He waved to Derek. "Yo, Derek! Mind if I join in?" Ike called. One girl piped up. "Sure thing. I'm Shirley," the girl said, "that's Nisa," she pointed to a muscular girl, "and that's Ella," she pointed to a girl with - ahem - large breasts. "The rules of the game are simple. Don't let the ball touch the water." Ike excused himself to go to a bathroom in a Pokemon center. He changed into his swim gear, which was just trunks. He had some scars on his body from previous training, but it was not much. He then realized that he also had that long scar going down the left side of his back, diagonally to the bottom of his right. He payed it no mind. A Gyrados had bit him there. He recovered. No biggy. He went out to the water and jumped in the pool, waiting for the ball to go in his direction. He grinned at Derek, and looked back to see two other boys looking on at him and Derek in awe, as if they were the bravest men in the world to play a game with girls. Ike also saw one boy - a muscular one - whisper to the boy next to him. They both laughed. Ike payed it - like his scars - no mind.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Guys, I'm scared, I mean after the whole punching of James and then James going full suicide mode, how could I not be?" Marcus explained in a joking tone, but he was very serious.
"I hope something like that never happens again, because of it did, it would make me afraid beyond belief," He hoped he was wording this right, cause he certainly didn't want Tessa, James and Jane to get the wrong idea.

Last edited:
"Oh, hi!" Joseph looked up, brushing his dark brown hair out of his eyes. "I'm Joseph. Nice to meet you. Joseph stuck out a hand, inviting Dan to shake his hand.

Lilith continued watching for a moment, watching Ike join in, before turning around to the kitchen area. She looked at her own body as she passed a reflective window, feeling slightly self-conscious. Lilith entered the kitchen smiling. There were a few lunch dishes set out already. Mini-sandwiches sat on a dish in the corner of the room. Several drinks stayed in bowls, ready to be poured. A fresh bowl of berries was on the counter, along with some drinks and chips. She took some fruit and a glass of Cherubi Coke, going to the outside of the boat and admiring the salty breeze whispering a sweet melody to her peaceful ears. The sun warmed her soul delightfully and the ocean shyly brushed against the boat, occasionally leaving salty ocean tears on her shirt. "Peace..." Lilith thought, sipping her Cola.

And that had been an invitation Dan was willing to take, as he extended his hand to give Joseph a handshake. Snivy still looked on curiously, though she had seemed to relax a little.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Dan, this is my partner Snivy." Dan said as he introduced himself as his grass-type companion to Joesph as Snivy gave a nod of acknowledgement.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James smile slowly turned into a frown as Macus went on. "Don't worry, buddy, I promise nothing like that will happen again," he said seriously. Then he stood up. "Well, I'm still soaking wet. See you guys in the tournament," he said before going downstairs. He took an empty room with a bathroom next to it and changed out of his clothes. Then James showered and went back into the room. He put on the clothes he had worn the day he started his journey, and left the Pokémon Center.

James went on to buy a ticket and got all the stuff he needed to go on the ferry at 5:30. He checked the time on his phone and it read 1:31 PM. "Well I still have an hour and a half till the tourney," he thought as he entered the boat. He saw a familiar face sitting down and he decided to sit down next to the homo sapien he had noticed. "Sup Lilith," James said with a smile.

Last edited:
Joseph took his hand, firmly shaking his hand.
"Cool. Are you entering the tournament?" He asked. Gareth the Growlithe was talking to Dan's Snivy, sniffing him as Snivy awkwardly looked at Gareth.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Lilith scowled as James sat next to her. "There goes my peace..." Lilith mumbled under her breath, too quiet for James to hear. She was usually really nice, but she didn't like being bothered.
"Hey, dude." She sighed, watching the Wingulls fly through the air, gliding peacefully.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James, noticing the scowl, frowned. "Sorry that I annoyed you. It's just... life has been hectic, to say the least. It's nice to have someone to talk to, that doesn't remind you of a horrible event," he said, trying not to talk about his attempt, but at the same time trying to earn Lilith's sympathy. "Anyways, how have you been?" he asked with a smile.

Ike got distracted as he saw James walk into a room with Lilith already inside it. She had scowled after James spoke, so Ike guessed there was nothing good going on. He got hit by the ball and fell backwards into the pool. There was an issue. He barely knew how to swim. After a first attempt, he decided to send out Karp - he always had at least one Pokemon on him at all times - and Karp floated him up, except he was facing with his back to the girls and Derek. He heard the first gasp, and knew all hell would soon break loose. Huh, maybe bringing a shirt would've helped, Ike thought to himself.

Snivy glanced at the Growlithe who seemed to be sniffing her, and tried to not come off rude even if she felt the fire-type had been...intrusive.

"Snivy?" Snivy said, as she seemed to be trying to start off a Poke-speech conversation with Gareth.

"Oh yeah, figured it would be good to give my team some experience and show their stuff. Should be a lot of fun, are you entering?" Dan asked in response as Dan seemed eager about the tournament. After the...eventful day he had a good ole Pokemon battle was just the thing to take his mind away from those stressful events.

"Nice going, Ike," Derek laughed. The three girls mosied up behind him, giggling as well.

"Yo, dudes, you want to join us?" Derek asked Aaron and Stephen. Stephen nodded vigorously. Aaron chuckled, and swam on over.

Ike sighed. "Yeah, yeah, sorry." He then saw two other boys, the ones from before, swimming over. "Hey, I never got your names," Ike said. "I'm Stephen," The tan boy said. "And I'm Aaron," The muscled dark-skinned boy said. "Well, good to meet you two, Aaron and Stephen. Maybe we can do a tournament of sorts with the amount of people we have?" Then, he silently said to the three boys, - Derek, Aaron, and Stephen - "And maybe not be pervs about it?" Aaron and Stephen blushed and chuckled while shaking and nodding their heads simultaneously. Ike grinned. This would be fun.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus sighed as he waved goodbye to Jane and Tessa.
"See you in the tournament Tessa," Marcus told his friends, leaving the Pokemon Center and noticing Derek and Ike playing some game with some atrractive girls. He decided to walk up to his friends and say hi.
"Hey guys," Marcus greeted them, also waving at the girls.

"Hey, it's Marcus! Hey!" Ike waved back at Marcus. "If you wanna play, just tell me," Shirley said. "Then we'll get introduced." Stephen and Aaron looked like they were overheating, but Ike knew better. "You just did a number on their faces, Shirley," Ike said, pointing at Aaron and Stephen. Shirley and her friends looked back and laughed. This only caused more of a reddening on the boys' faces. Ike didn't know such red could be achieved on the human face.

Tessa, noticing everyone walk off, took her leave herself. She walked out of the Pokecentre out to what seemed to be some kind of flee market. As she walked around, many different and amazing items were presented out.
"And here we have a tool allowing every pokemon to gain some kind of experience without even battling!" A man across the way called out to different people looking around at the items.
As many other stands called for her, Tessa walked over to one stand in particular. It had a selection of different stones. As she looked at them, Tessa pointed out both a fire and ice stone. The two costed around 8k pokedollars, of which Tessa had enough of from previous battles. "Thank you." Tessa said, turning to walk away.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Why not, I'm waiting for a tournament to start, so I don't see a reason not to play," Marcus reasoned as he walked toward Shirley and the rest.
"So, how do I play?" He looked over at Aaron and Stephen, and then he noticed how the two boys looked at Shirley and her friends. Looks like they want to date them, let's see if that happens.

"Well, it's simple," Shirley said. "Don't let the ball touch the water!" Ike intervened. He then grabbed the ball and smacked it high in the air. It fell down, only for Karp to hit it again to stop it from hitting the water.

With the ferry now officially docked, Sid-Roggoth decided it was as good a time as any to get on. Once the line of early passengers had cleared, he started up the gangway to the boat, stopping only at the sound of a voice behind him.

"Hey, you! Gotta have a ticket to board, sir."

Two uniformed officers stepped up to block the path, leaving Sid-Roggoth no option but to push through them, or head back. With a touch of irritation, he turned to face the ticket master: a well-dressed old gentleman in a top hat. He had a slightly puzzled look about him, likely from Sid-Roggoth's initial disregard, but he maintained a cordial tone of voice with a plastic smile. "Are you with someone, young man? If not, you can purchase one of the cabin options, and we'll need to do a quick search. It won't be intrusive, I promise."

Sid-Roggoth plopped the gasping Feebas onto the ticket counter. "What can we get for this?" he asked. "A friend assured me that it was valuable."

The ticket master's smile faltered, then turned to a grimace. "Sir," he said tersely, "the ticket price is not up for negotiation or haggling. Either buy one, or kindly take your dying fish and leave."

Joseph shook his hand. Gareth responded to Snivy. "Growl! Ithe!" (Sorry, you just smell odd. No offense.)
"Sounds good." Joseph said, looking at Dan.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Lilith sighed. "I'm good, man." She walked away from the blissful peace of the ocean.
"Of course he bothers me when I'm trying to relax..." Lilith thought scornfully. She went ahead and battled a few trainers that were on the ship, winning most of them. Mari, Taka, and Brad got stronger as she took her mind off James, Jane, and all the prevalent drama. Lilith was strangely a decent strategist, as she instinctively knew which move would do the most damage and what her opponent was going to do. She only lost one battle, though she came close to losing multiple times.

Lilith was tired from all the battling, so she was about crash on the bed before Sid-Roggoth caught her attention. "That's the guy I met in Frostencool..." Lilith thought. They hadn't properly met, though they'd seen each other. "Oh, I bet he doesn't have enough money for his ticket. Poor dude, I have enough money, so I might as well help him!" Lilith assumed falsely. "It's fine, I can cover for his ticket." She paid for a low-class ticket, handing over a small amount of money. Lilith was no fool, she wouldn't get a high-class room for this strange stranger.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
James shrugged as he stood up. Then his stomach grumbled. "Guess I'm a bit hungry," he muttered. "Maybe that's good. Eating will take my mind of things," he thought. He got some lunch from the ship, to which he ate very slowly. James usually does that, he calls it "savoring all of the divine dish." After he finished his meal, he decided to check out more of the ferry-cruise thing. He was walking around and saw some of his friends in a pool. He checked the time on his phone. 2:45. "Crap! I'm gonna be late for the tournament!" he thought worriedly.

James proceeded to quickly head out of the ferry and to the Rainy Glory Stadium. It was quite big for a town a bit small, but it was clearly well-made and designed for Pokémon battles. Luckily, it had a roof, probably to prevent rain from entering, which is sort of ironic considering it's name. James rushed in and saw a lady in the counter. "Hey, I'm James, I uh signed up from the tourney online," he told her. The person in the counter looked at her computer and saw James' name. "Yep, you're all good to go. Just take a right turn on the left hallway, and then wait till you're called," she responded. James smiled and said thanks before going in the direction she said.

It was a room with a bit of lighting, though it was mostly dark. Some guy saw James come in and stopped him. "If your name is called in first, go through the red path to reach your place to fight. If you're second, then go through the blue path. Then the guy'll tell you when to start," the stranger said. James gave a brief nod, and sat on a bench.

"First up, James Dumble, on the red corner!!! On the blue corner, is Daniel Hopkins!!!" the announcer said on the speaker. "Well sh*t," James thought, remembering the punch he gave Dan. He sighed and began walking through the red path, and eventually reached a red Pokéball like circle, which he was supposed to release his Pokémon and instruct them on what to do. On the other side was basically the same thing, but a blue Pokéball.

Ike realized that the tournament was about to begin. He quickly excused himself, ran to a restroom, changed into his normal clothing, and ran into the contestor's area while he watched the fight between James and Daniel unravel. "Hmm, this'll be fun to watch," Ike said with a grin.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Marcus realized that he had no time in playing around, he needed to get to the tournament.
"Well I gotta go bye," He told his beach acquaintances, although it formed into one word so it sounded like, "WellIgottagobye," He sprinted to the arena and noticed that James and Dan were opponents.
"Well, this is awkward," Marcus faintly commented as he waited for the battle to begin.