• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Eye toy chat

Good idea or not

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not good for society

• Crap

• Total voters
Snap poll.

Who thinks that this actually could be a useful device or who thinks it could be an outlet for "perverse" uses or just pure shite.

I just saw it released and thought why?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not exactly sure what it is. Is it just a new style of web cam for PCs or something else?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Eye Toy is the PS2's biggest success. It's basically a high-frame rate web-cam for your PS2 that lets you be part of specificly designed games.

It's a huge gimmick, much like the DS. However, unlike the DS the Eye Toy is very limited in what you can do. The best implementation i've seen of it is a fighting game.

I can see Camera's being used for input again in the future but Microphones are the future for now.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Ah... I think I've some adds about it. Thanks for the info Oakey ^^

Anyways, I voted "Yay". It's probably a waste of money but if people are gonna use it, why not? Gimmick's can be fun for awhile. It probably will be used for perverse things but so can computers. You bought it; you do whatever you want with it ;)