• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Exploration of the Froena Region

Qin sighed as the group seemed to fragment and split into different sub-groups.

Since the mountains are a no-go right now, I'll go back to my original plan and head upstream towards the Lake. It'll certainly be a good spot to train and catch Pokemon.

With those thoughts in mind, Qin wordlessly turned from the group and began making his way back to the river where they'd encountered the Charizard. Learning from previous experience his eyes continuously rake across the skies, on the lookout for any enraged avians who may decide he looked like easy pickings. The trip back to the river is short and uneventful. Rose, who remains attached to Qin's arm, stays uncharacteristically silent, her mood infecting her trainer. Thus the pair remains mute and the echo of foliage, crushed beneath Qin's feet, softly fades into the forest.

"Hmm, that was intense..." He checked around him to see that he rotally forgot about his Morelull, who was half-stuck in the rocks becuase of attacks. "Lumina! Sorry! I forgot! I'm so sorry..." "Mo!" It replied and looked away from her trainer, quite angry because her trainer payed too much attention to his newly caught team member. "Use Moonlight..." Morelull used Moonlight, of course, healing herself quite some HP. "Now return safely." He returned Lumina and put the pokeball in his PPH. "Since it's getting dark anyway, I might go my own way and head towards the lake. I might then catch a pokemon with my fishing rod I got from Professor Kukui."

As he walked towards the lake, he got out of the other's sight, and took out his calling-device-pokedex-or-whatever-thingy. He called Kukui and quietly asked "Hey prof, can I get the thing now? You know?" "Yep, coming right up! I will send Trumbeak this time so don't get confused okay? He will be on his way now!" Kukui said and sent Trumbeak holding a small, extra protected box containing Azure's most precious accessory. "Thanks, talk to you later."

Azure went close to the lake and camped up on his own (maybe). His team would be ready when he'd wake up. "Nighty night... Brrr... So cold..." He rolled out of his sleeping bag unnoticed and rolled against a tree.

Asriel nodded, silently standing to follow Spade back to camp. Seeing the others going off alone deepened his depression. "Again? But the reason we survived Darla is because we were all together," he said to Spade. It was also thanks to the cave collapse that distracted Darla but he left that out and merely hung his head in silence.

With large, even, strides Qin made his way to the banks of the river. The crunch of twigs under his gait gradually gave way to the serenity of flowing water. The river was serpentine, containing more turns than their entire group had Pokemon. The current ,though incomparable to rapids, was easily strong enough to swallow a poorer swimmer. Leaves, logs and debris littered the rivers surface, however the water itself maintained crystal clarity. 'As expected of an uninhabited island', Qin's brow furrowed as he thought back to the battle with Darla. 'Maybe, it's not as uninhabited as we'd thought."

Qin waved his hand a few times, as if to brush away those rather unpleasant thoughts. Resuming his travels, he headed upstream along the riverbanks, occasionally observing groups of Pokemon as they cautiously approached the river to drink. Tapping into the wireless communications channel he relayed his general location and gave assurance that, should they require his aid, they could always broadcast a message.

With that out of the way, his continued on his 'Nature walk'. Rose hissed gently in the background, eventually hissing herself to sleep.

Getting Qinlan's message, Asriel sent back one of his own. "Just be careful. We have no way of knowing how many friends Darla has. I think we should take cover in the trees tomorrow. They give us more places to hide and we can grow our teams. If we can get a couple more evolutions off, I think we'll be safer in an open area like the mountains. All the same, we should all take a hard look at our teams and see if we have any glaring weaknesses. We got lucky with how well we were able to counter Darla. I'd prefer not to rely on luck again," he told them all. "Anyone have a better idea?" He asked. He didn't mean it in a rude way; he was just curious whether anyone had a plan that could work better.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'd suggest finding somewhere with natural barriers to make a permanent base, maybe an alcove or set of rock formations. Preferably it'll also be an area frequented by Pokemon, so you can strengthen your team."

Qin gave his honest opinion on the matter, Shelter, strengthen, and explore. Those three were his priorities, and his area of operations would be the lake and it's surrounding areas. Large bodies of freshwater provided habitats for many Pokemon and even those that didn't live in the water would frequent it for refreshment. All he needed now as to find a semi-secluded location for an actual residence.

"Ah, we should also salvage what we can from the shipwreck, though we'd need water-types for that."

Satisfied with his suggestions, and noting the sun's position in the sky he redoubled his efforts, accelerating into a rapid stride. He'd try to reach the lake before sundown.

"Good job Pidgeotto!" Kaleb said, and he was about to return her to her pokeball, but then he heard a rustling sound in the bushes. He and Pidgeotto went over to the grass, and an Aron jumped out.

"An Aron!" Kaleb said. "This isn't going to get away! Go Pancham!" The little panda Pokémon popped out of his ball.

"Pancham!" the Playful Pokémon cried.

"Use Comet Punch!" In a few seconds, Aron was engulfed in a flurry of fists, but it counterattacked with Iron Head, causing Pancham to fly back.

"Quick, use Body Slam!" Pancham flung himself at Aron, but it shook him off and used Rock Slide. "Use Circle Throw!" Pancham picked Aron up, and swung him in a circle, and tossed him in the air, causing massive damage.

"Alright, time to catch it!" Kaleb said, and he threw a pokeball. It shook once. Twice. Three times. Aron was caught! "Yeah, I caught Aron!" Kaleb yelled in joy, and he hugged his Pancham.

"Great battling, buddy," he told him. "I'm proud of you."

Asher watched everyone split up, he kept by himself. He hadn't found Chimchar since escaping the cave, and although he was not worried it felt different without the small ape. Shrugging he looked down at Geodude before glaring at the remaining trainers, he then huffed before nodding the his pokemon and walking off by himself silently. He needed to find his companion, and it was clear everyone had different priorities so he may as well stick to himself.
After a while of walking Asher finally spun on his heels to face his pokemon, "What's your issue?" he finally growled. Swirlix cocked it's head and dumbly shrugged but Geodude rolled his eyes- since the attack it was obvious some things needed to change. "Isn't it obvious we don't make a good group. Probably better off like this-" Asher muttered as he stared at the rock-type who huffed and hopped past Asher leaving the trainer behind to sigh and look up at the sky. "We can camp out wherever, once we find Chimchar we'll ask the professors for a tent." Asher muttered as he remembered that the pokemon was sent off with his pokedex and communicator. He didn't want to think about the next day, or anything after what was happening now.
Suddenly, among the silence of Asher and his team a rustling took place among the bushes. Geodude tensed and Swirlix turned to grin at the darkness before a large red figure jumped out of it. Asher let out a yelp when he was tackled only to be confronted by an unfamiliar face- yet that strange pokemon had the eyes of an old friend. "Chimchar?" Asher questioned causing the Monferno to step back and nod eagerly.

Kaleb and Pancham were searching for more Pokémon, and they found a Roggenrola. But, something looked odd. Was it...

"A shiny?" Kaleb asked himself. "I'm definitely catching this. Go Aron!" His new team member came out, ready for battle, but they Roggenrola started running, and it dove into the grass. Kaleb, Pancham, and Aron searched for the shiny Pokémon, but to no avail, it was gone.

"Aww, man. That would've been an awesome catch," Kaleb said. Kaleb, Pancham, and Aron were all very disappointed that the shiny Roggenrola got away. The grass rustled again. Kaleb hoped it was the Roggenrola, but after a few seconds, a Charmander popped out of the grass.

Asriel had found a spot among the cliffs to camp for the night. While their last site was more familiar, he could see a lot from here. The winding river, Kaleb as he searched for more pokemon, Halt as he stayed hunkered down a ways off, and Asher as he reunited with his fire type monkey. He would send out the occasional message about what he saw, if it looked like a threat was somewhat nearby. All in all, without Darla in front of them it was a pretty quiet evening.

"I guess most of the Pokemon nearby were spooked by the collapse, " he mused to himself as Jitter dozed in his lap. The little fellow seemed quick to tire. Along with his swiftly changing moods and large appitite, it could be a sign of an overdue evolution. But evolution wasn't something to just happen in the pokemon's life. It had to have a trigger; an event or reaction to cause the change. Most pokemon responded to a stresser, like battles or rough living conditions in the wild. Pokemon with an easier time were less like to expend the great amount of energy needed to gain the extra power, especially since that power came with a need for more food and potentially a different territory.

Jitter seemed to have had a slightly more difficult life. It pushed him toward evolution but never made it his only option. "We'll train tomorrow and see if we can't bring it out," he promised the dozing pokemon. Now that he was on the cusp of it, the little guy would feel better once the energy was released. The pokemon just continued to sleep in his lap as Asriel pet him gently.

Looking back up to check on his friends, Asriel noticed something odd. Not far from Asher, separated by a low ridge and a clump of overgrown bushes, was a girl. She stayed low to the ground and appeared a bit frightened. It wasn't Darla; that woman had a vibrant kind of light blonde hair. This girl's was darker and much closer to red.

Pulling out his communicator, Asriel sent out the message. "Asher, just across those bushes near you is a girl. She looks scared."

Asher cocked a brow at his once missing companion, "How did you even evolve?" he questioned but he didn't get an answer before the communicator rang from the ape's side. As Asher listened, Monferno jumped playfully around Geodude who gave it a thumbs up- but the joy paused as Asher's breathing slowed. Another girl, was she dangerous? Asriel said she looked scared, he then turned red- was Asriel watching him? Asher shook his head, that didn't matter- he then motioned for silence among his team. With all three of his pokemon's eyes staring up at Asher he slowly walked across the bushes before seeing the girl- she seemed harmless. For a moment he simply blinked at her, then he slid down the ridge... for what ever reason, he felt inclined to help the female. "Hey." he said rather plainly before furrowing his eyebrows, "You alright?" he added after a few seconds of thought.

"Go Pichu!" Kaleb yelled, and he tossed the pokeball containing the little mouse forward.

"Pichu-Pi!" Pichu cried as it came out, ready for battle. "Thundershock!" Kaleb shouted as Pichu readied the attack. Charmander jumped forward and used Scratch, but Pichu dodged and hit it with Thundershock, and followed up with Tail Whip, lowering its defense.

"Now, use Thunder Wave!" Pichu shot the jolt of electricity forward, paralyzing Charmander. "That should be enough," Kaleb said to himself, and he threw the pokeball. It shook once, twice and three times. Charmander was caught.

"Yes! I caught Charmander!" he shouted gleefully. But then, Pichu was engulfed in a white glow. "No way... could that be-"

Pichu evolved into Pikachu! "Great job, you evolved buddy!" Kaleb said as he hugged his newly evolved Pikachu, and sent out his new Charmander to meet the team.

The girl whipped around at the sound of another human voice. Seeing the boy getting close, she grabbed her only pokeball and a length of old, petrified wood. She eyed him with suspicion, her light aqua eyes narrowed. Her hair, a short thick mane that was almost cherry red in color, was messy and tangled from her time in the wilderness. And on the right side of her face was a mass of scar tissue, the center of which was a large dark pink scar in the shape of a claw mark that crossed over her eye.

"I'm fine," she informed, her voice raspy. "Who wants to know?"

Asher tensed at the girl's initial response, as Swirlix floated merrily over his shoulder he grabbed the pokemon by it's tail to prevent him form getting closer. His gaze grew wide at her face but he did his best not to stare, looking up at the sky before locking eyes with the stranger. "Asher." he then shook his head, "That's my name. I'm a trainer- it's alright, I won't hurt you." he said- his voice was gruff and meaningless but his eyes shone with a sense of compassion. He looked down at Monferno who had joined his side before offering a shaky smile to the girl.

Kaleb heard the message from Asriel. A girl? Wasn't this island supposed to be uninhabited? And if it was, how did Darla and this trainer get here? Either way, he needed to investigate in case she was dangerous, because he didn't want another Darla incident.

"Pikachu, use Thundershock to light up the forest so we can see," he told his Pikachu. In a couple seconds, there was a flash, and Kaleb set off to find Asriel and Asher.

She slightly lowered her petrified branch but stayed on alert. "You do seem a bit young for those psychos... And in any event, they wouldn't let you have baby pokemon. Are you one of the people they've been raving about? The people who survived their attack on the boat?" She asked, a spark of hope in her eyes.

Her pokeball shook on its own accord, they pokemon breaking out. The beast was a Zebstrika and it kept its firm, intense gaze on Asher's pokemon. She didn't trust them near her trainer. The girl ran her hand through the large pokemon's mane, aiming to keep it calm. There was only one thing glaringly apparent about her pokemon: the lightning shaped horn it shared with the rest of its kind was broken, leaving nothing but a jagged stub.

After spending the better part of the evening traveling Qin eventually reached the Lake. His calm limpid eyes stared at the calm limpid water, the only disturbances being the occasional ripples from emerging water-types or alighting bug-types. Drifting along the banks were several groups of Pokemon; a herd of Blitzle and Zebstrika, a mixed flock of Starly, and Pidove perched peacefully within the branches of a massive tree, a group of moving loti/lotuses emerging from the water, revealing themselves to be Lotads. In short, there were a lot of Pokemon.

Out of all the Pokemon there, one particular group caught his attention. A clan of Mienfoo led by a pair of Mienshao. The Mienfoo seemed to be sparring against each other in a chaotic battle royal. They nimble traded blows and even opponents, as the same two Mienfoo never seemed to fight together for more than a few seconds at a time. The two Mienshao stood on either side of the group observing, and Qin also followed suit and observed from a distance.

Last edited:
Kaleb had been walking for a while when he saw a little flame sparking in the distance.

"That must be Asher's Chimchar!" he said, not knowing that Chimchar had actually evolved. He ran towards it and saw Monferno beside Asher and Swirlix, with Geodude behind them, standing in front of a girl with a Zebstrika.

"Asher!" he called out. So this was the girl Asriel was talking about. She had a Zebstrika. Definitely seemed like a dangerous trainer.

As the new trainer came bursting through the bushes, the girl resumed her battle stance. Her lithe body strong and prepared for battle as she grasped the petrified branch with both hands. Zebstrika snorted and lowered her head. Pawing at the ground with a hoof, the Pokemon prepared the electricity, the energy sparking like a snipped, faulty wire had met water. The pokemon couldn't seem to focus its electrical blast, but that just made the slightly uncontrollable energy even more dangerous.

Asher eyed the Zebstrika, Geodude tensing slightly and placing his palms on the ground in a readied form to strike. The trainer bit his lip in though, "Psycos?" he then narrowed his eyes. This girl knew things, and they were things he too could know if he talked to her a bit more. "Yeah, I'm one of the explorers. Please don't fear me, why don't we move somewhere safer?" he suggested but his voice was unheard over the sound of another yell. He turned to see Caleb before shaking his head, he stepped in front of Monferno protecting the pokemon at his side before looked back at the male trainer. "Stop! She's alright." he called back to Caleb, of course he wasn't sure that this girl was safe- but for now he would have to go with his guts.

"Jeez, that blast almost hit me," Kaleb said. "So is this the girl Asriel was talking about?"

Aron suddenly popped out of his pokeball. "Aron, do you have to keep doing that at random times?"

"Aron!" the little Steel type replied.

"So, what's new?" Kaleb asked Asher. He saw that Chimchar had evolved.

"Safer would be nice," the girl hissed through her teeth, eying the two young men in front of her with caution. The boy she had originally been talking to seemed cautious and self assured. She could respect that, dangerous though it could be. This other boy, on the other hand, was loud, rushed, and couldn't keep baby pokemon in line. This she just found to be sheer incompetence which is dangerous in its own right.

The Zebstrika, in tune with her trainer, lowered her battle stance. She did continue to snort uneasily. The girl lowered her stance as well and stroked the pokemon's mane, to try to calm her. "These mountains are too open. But they are a natural maze. I was just trying to pass through when I heard one of the head psychos shouting," she revealed.

Asher released Swirlix who immediately floated towards the girl with his tongue lolled out and floated around the strangers. Asher eyed Kaleb, so much for going off by himself. "Come with us if you want, but don't tell the others." Asher pleaded, he just needed this time for a moment before things got crazy. Asher;'s gaze lit up when the girl agreed with him-
"You sure know a lot about this place, how long have you been here for?" he asked planning to ease into the questions.

Kaleb became suspicious. Why doesn't Asher want him to tell the others? He must be up to something. Still, he went with them and didn't say a word, keeping his suspicions to himself.

Every few minutes, Aron would pop out and he would return him again. After a while, the others seemed to be annoyed by this constant interruption. He decided to just let Aron follow them instead of putting him back in the ball. It definitely seemed like less work, and the others weren't constantly shooting him annoyed looks.

"On this island or in its wilderness?" She asked rhetorically. "I've been here for years but I've only been surviving in the wild for about four months. Still, I've seen a lot of this place."

She paused and looked at Swirlix. Seeing the Pokemon so joyful actually made the corner of her lips twitch up before her emotionless mask returned. She gave the Pokemon a short scratch behind the ears as she turned back to the boys. "If you want safe, no place better than the base of the mountain range; the very bottom of it. Too close to the cliffs to see that well from above but too far too see from their eyes on the shore," she said confidently.

Asher looked back just in time to see the strange girl petting his pokemon, and that confirmed it- she wasn't bad, not all bad at least. A small, hardly noticeable smile played on his lips as he looked straight ahead. Monferno decided to take the lead, "Mountain base it is then!" Asher nodded. As he walked Asher dragged his feet slightly, he looked back every once in a while to check on the girl but otherwise he was totally comfortable and relaxed. "Oh yeah, forgot to ask." Asher suddenly spoke again, "What's your name?".

"Finna Brady," she replied simply. Her voice, while raspy, always seemed to have a cool smoothness to it underneath the natural rasp. She walked with the boys to the base, keeping her distance but not straying far.

"This is Storm, by the way," she said, introducing her pokemon. Storm was walking right beside her trainer, keeping an eye out for threats and twitching her ears at every sound she caught.

"Nice to meet you," Kaleb said. "I'm Kaleb, and this is my Pancham and Aron. I also have a Pikachu, a Pidgeotto, and a Charmander."

He sent out his other Pokémon to meet Finna. Charmander shuddered when he saw her Zebstrika, but stopped when his trainer told him that she wasn't going to hurt him.

Finna merely made a slight noise of surprise. The incompetent one had more pokemon but less control of them? She found a nice irony in that. A harken back to the quantity or quality arguement. "That team will be powerful some day," she complimented.

"When do you plan on evolving the Pikachu?" she wondered aloud.

Asher nodded as the three arrived at the base. "Swirlix, Monferno and Geodude are mine." he shrugged- "And I assure you, we aren't fans of whoever else is on this island." he muttered as he patted Swirlix before opening his bag and digging through it. "How long have you had Storm for?" it was the easiest way to make conversation, seeing how invested everyone here was in their pokemon. He took out his sleeping bag which Swirlix immediately climbed into before raising an eyebrow a he waited for Finna's response.

OOC: Welp, I just threw everything off with my late response XD)

"Storm and I have been inseparable since my parents gave her to me as a gift for my seventh birthday. So around nineteen years now," Finna told them as she fondly pat the striped electric type. "She's remained my only pokemon. Not that we had a trainer relationship at first. For a few years, she was my pet Blitzle." She let herself reminisce for a brief moment before scowling at the mention of their murderous hosts.

"The others... They call themselves the Auralian Order. I have been held prisoner by them since I got here. All because I stowed away on the wrong vessel..."

Kaleb, who had been listening intently, felt bad for what she had been through.

"That sounds terrible," he said. His Pancham nodded in agreement. Meanwhile, Aron was staring into space, completely unaware of the conversation, Pikachu and Pidgeotto were eating berries, and Charmander was running in circles around the base camp, trying to catch his tail.

The most powerful of the Mienfoo seemed to be fully deserving of the phrase 'A force of Nature'. Each opposing Mienfoo that encountered it in combat was quickly crushed with a fierce combination of moves. Qin started to pay rapt attention to this Pokemon as it engaged yet another opponent. He had long determined to catch that particular Mienfoo and had already thought up a name for her, Ruanshui (Soft Water). Although it might be considered jumping the gun to name a Pokemon you hadn't even caught yet, Qin was absolutely certain he'd catch her. Even if he had to spend days to do it.

Ruanshui collided with the opposing Mienfoo, trading several blows utilizing Pound and Force Palm. Each collision seemed to release the muffled sound an intense impact. They appeared to be on equal footting, and as far as Qin had seen this was the longest she'd ever tangled with an opponent. Suddenly, a trace of derision appeared in Ruanshui's eyes as she smoothly evaded the Force Palm of her opponent, with what Qin assumed was Detect, and proceeded to slam her own Force Palm into its chest. Her opponent flew backward, colliding with a pair of Mienfoo who were having their own bout of combat. All three Pokemon tumbled to the ground in a heap, with her original opponent as the Icing on the cake both literally and figuratively.
Besides being on top of the pair of Mienfoo, it was also paralyzed from being struck with her Force Palm, and Ruanshui wasn't going to let such a prime opportunity slip by. She immediately charged up to the confounded trio and lashed out with Smelling salts, whose power was doubled on paralyzed opponents. The three mini-martial artists drew a splendid arc in the air before landing in the shallows of the lake. Ruanshui turned away without another glance, clearly deeming the trio no longer worthy of being her opponents. She was, quite obviously, a haughty Pokemon whos personality fit the Proud of their Power description down the letter.

Kaleb was tired and he was about to call it a night when something happened. Charmander had gone missing. He packed up his stuff and left the base without telling Asher and Finna, which ended up being a mistake. He brought his other four Pokémon with him, and they set off to find Charmander.

"Pika-pika!" Pikachu cried out

"Pidgeotto-Pidge-otto!" Pidgeotto shouted.

"Pancham! Pancham!" Pancham said, dashing back and forth.

Aron was oblivious.

"Where could Charmander be?" Kaleb asked himself. A second later, he saw the flame of Charmander's tail. They rushed over, and they saw that Charmander was battling...

"It certainly wasn't all sunshine and rainbows," Finna scoffed. While her most apparent scar was the most important one of her life, she had many more, hidden beneath her dark, torn sweater and jeans. Her feet in shoes that could barely stay on her feet due to the amount of holes and fraying in them.

She got temporarily caught up in her memories. Of one particular dark haired man who had been allowed to do as he wished. And he wished to use her as a portrait with torture being his art. It took Storm nudging her hard to bring her back to the present.

Seeing the sun going down, Storm laid down. Knowing the routine by now, Finna curled up next to the short furred pokemon, using Storm's belly as a pillow. "So what's the story behind you guys?" She asked as she ensures her makeshift staff was nearby.

Spade walked up behind Asher, she looked at the new female before a small smile appeared on her face "Well, in all honesty we came to explore, I don't know if it was in this region but we went to explore one". She looked at the female before them and spoke "I'm Spade, nice to meet you".

Quill's pokéball shook before opening, the bird pokémon resting on Spades head once it appeared "Really Quill?" Spade grunted before Tailgates as shook and opened. The Sneasel huffed before crossing her arms making Spade sigh "Well, these are my partners Tailgate and Quill".

Finna stiffened at the two new arrivals but didn't reach for her makeshift weapon this time. She gave another lip corner twitch at the two pokemon. "They really care for you," she responded truthfully. She want going to say it was nice to meet the because, in her opinion it was never really nice to meet anybody. Still, she wouldn't reject the company.

Asriel silently released Sleipnir, who had just fully recovered from his burn. The ground type blinked blearily before spotting the Zebstrika. "Mudbray! Bray mud mud!" He called in excitement as he raced over to the fellow equine. Storm already looked annoyed.

Feeling pity for the older pokemon, Asriel was about to call Sleipnir to heel but was stopped by an amused Finna. "He's just a curious baby," she mused. "Storm is a big girl, she can handle it," she said while patting the annoyed electric type.

Asriel felt bad for her; she had clearly been through a great deal. But there were two things troubling him. "If you weren't welcome here either, why didn't they kill you?" he asked bluntly, never one to dance around an issue.

Spade looked up at Asriel "Yea, why didn't they kill you, but if you don't want to answer that's fine". Tailgate chuckled at the mudbray before twitching her feather-like ear "Snea" her head snapped back as she heard what sounded like foot steps. Hearing the sound as well Spade looked around "Guys, no mean to spoil this conversation but I feel like we should get going".

The battle royal continued on for multiple more minutes before the two Mienshao's let out a strict cry that caused all the smaller Pokemon to cease. Subsequently, they led the group of Mienfoo's off into the forest and Rose, who had woken up, trailed them under Qin's orders. Soon enough both the group and Rose disappeared into the forest.

While waiting for Rose to return, Qin figured he might as well get some training out of Twilla. Calling out his overly fuzzy Pokemon, who'd been let out casually for the first time since she'd been caught, Qin began to scour the lakefront for Pokemon with whom he could battle. Before long he'd spotted a group of Polywag, casually emerging from the water and into a miniature forest of reeds which grew on the shallower end.

"Alright Twilla, let's do this, Mega Drain!"

Having found targets, they got right down to battle refusing to waste even a few precious moments.

Azure woke up in the middle of the night, already feeling well for some reason. "Huh, that's weird. Well, guess i'll get a new pokemon!" He walked up the stream some more, looking at the nature of the night, which he hadn't seen on the first night. "It's so beautiful..." As he almost reached the top, he saw a group of Mienfoo and Mienshao. "Cool." He then reached the lake, a beautiful pool of crystal clear water. Many pokemon lived in it, more than in the downstream current. And then, he saw a pokemon he wanted. "A Dewpider! Ohh I want it!" He went towards it and sent out Lumina. "Go! Use Mega Drain!" Morelull used Mega Drain on the Dewpider, dealing damage. He then commanded it to use Astonish, which succeded before getting hit by a Bubble Beam. "Lumina! Absorb!" He said that on purpose, so he wouldn't kill the Dewpider. He then tossed a pokeball, engulfing the small bubble spider in a white glow of light before disappearing into the ball. It shook once, twice, thrice, and made a clicking sound. "Yeah! I caught a Dewpider!" "Moriii!"