• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Everybody Cosplay!

I really hope I'm not repeating a topic, but I combed through a good four pages in Misc, Yarly, and Pokemon Chat, and didn't find any cosplay topics. I also remember a rule that told me not to try and revive topics that were more than 60 days old, so I figured going any farther back is a loss.

Okay, so I like to go to cons all cosplayed up, because it's tons of fun. I'm wondering if anyone else here cosplays, and if so, what they cosplay as. I personally cosplay as Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) and C.C./C2 (Code Geass).

Also, I'm starting up a Sinnoh gym leader cosplay with my friends... that should be interesting.

Any awesome cosplay stories/experiences?

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
My most famous cosplay is my trash bag cape.

I was invited to a friend's costume party one Halloween, and without anything better lying around, I grabbed a black trashbag, cut it down the sides, and duct taped it across my neck. Since it's creation, I have worn it to all of my Anime Club's events and Otakon 2008.

This Otakon I'll be giving the cape a break and instead cosplay as an Organization XIII member. If anyone else is going to Otakon, keep an eye out for a guy in an Org coat travelling with a Gallade and a Lucario.

When i was young, like 5, i had a buff power ranger costume and i put that on and put a shirt over it. I took another shirt and tied it around my waist. I stuck a pointy stick into the shirt and pretended I was a ninja. A really buff ninja.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
In my two years here at Pokecharms I don't ever remember a topic on people cosplaying ever popping up, so I believe you're save, SCT. ^^

Anyways, the only time I ever cosplayed was at Akon this year right before the last week of school. And that time I cosplayed as a random ninja because my friends were like, "YOU'RE GOING TO AKON AND YOU NEED TO COSPLAY LIKE US!" so I was like "I dunno who to dress up as, thoughs. D:" and so one of them responded, "I have an awesome ninja costume for you and you can be that!"

So I reluctantly put on that costume. And I failed being a ninja.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I personally cosplay as Haruhi Suzumiya

PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! :D

*Ahem* I've always wanted to try my hand at cosplaying, but I am both (a) Too lazy to give proper time to creating a costume, and (b) Not really talented enough to even make said costume in the first place XD

What I could go as...Not quite sure. Linkachu would be fun, and I did once ask a girl to make me a Raichu hat. It never happened, but if it had I'd totally attach a Link-like cap to it and wear it to the next CAN National Anime Expo ^_^

Derr... I once wore my Konoha headband around an Asian Mall (which I'd also bought at said mall). Does that count? :O

Sadly, I have no pictures online D:. The best one I have is one that my friend took- I had to get gas for my car on the way to JaCon, and so there's a picture of me, in my Haruhi cosplay, pumping gas. It's actually in my senior yearbook.

Also, when it comes to non-con experiences, some friends of mine went to the mall in full Gothic-Lolita regalia. I was sick that day D:. But we call it "lolimalling" and it brings about much lulz.