1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everybody Cosplay!

Discussion in 'Small Talk' started by SineCosineTangent, Jun 28, 2009.

1. I really hope I'm not repeating a topic, but I combed through a good four pages in Misc, Yarly, and Pokemon Chat, and didn't find any cosplay topics. I also remember a rule that told me not to try and revive topics that were more than 60 days old, so I figured going any farther back is a loss.

Okay, so I like to go to cons all cosplayed up, because it's tons of fun. I'm wondering if anyone else here cosplays, and if so, what they cosplay as. I personally cosplay as Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) and C.C./C2 (Code Geass).

Also, I'm starting up a Sinnoh gym leader cosplay with my friends... that should be interesting.

Any awesome cosplay stories/experiences?

2. Psycho Monkey

Psycho Monkey Member of the Literary Elite Four

My most famous cosplay is my trash bag cape.

I was invited to a friend's costume party one Halloween, and without anything better lying around, I grabbed a black trashbag, cut it down the sides, and duct taped it across my neck. Since it's creation, I have worn it to all of my Anime Club's events and Otakon 2008.

This Otakon I'll be giving the cape a break and instead cosplay as an Organization XIII member. If anyone else is going to Otakon, keep an eye out for a guy in an Org coat travelling with a Gallade and a Lucario.

3. When i was young, like 5, i had a buff power ranger costume and i put that on and put a shirt over it. I took another shirt and tied it around my waist. I stuck a pointy stick into the shirt and pretended I was a ninja. A really buff ninja.

4. My 3 year-old Hlloween costume was Pikachu. :3

But other than that, no. But check this out!

XD

-AL

5. Psycho Monkey

Psycho Monkey Member of the Literary Elite Four

That was disturbing. At least it wasn't Man Fey *shudders*

6. Shiny Lyni

Shiny Lyni 2016 Singles Football

In my two years here at Pokecharms I don't ever remember a topic on people cosplaying ever popping up, so I believe you're save, SCT. ^^

Anyways, the only time I ever cosplayed was at Akon this year right before the last week of school. And that time I cosplayed as a random ninja because my friends were like, "YOU'RE GOING TO AKON AND YOU NEED TO COSPLAY LIKE US!" so I was like "I dunno who to dress up as, thoughs. D:" and so one of them responded, "I have an awesome ninja costume for you and you can be that!"

So I reluctantly put on that costume. And I failed being a ninja.

7. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! :D

*Ahem* I've always wanted to try my hand at cosplaying, but I am both (a) Too lazy to give proper time to creating a costume, and (b) Not really talented enough to even make said costume in the first place XD

What I could go as...Not quite sure. Linkachu would be fun, and I did once ask a girl to make me a Raichu hat. It never happened, but if it had I'd totally attach a Link-like cap to it and wear it to the next CAN National Anime Expo ^_^

Derr... I once wore my Konoha headband around an Asian Mall (which I'd also bought at said mall). Does that count? :O

8. Sadly, I have no pictures online D:. The best one I have is one that my friend took- I had to get gas for my car on the way to JaCon, and so there's a picture of me, in my Haruhi cosplay, pumping gas. It's actually in my senior yearbook.

Also, when it comes to non-con experiences, some friends of mine went to the mall in full Gothic-Lolita regalia. I was sick that day D:. But we call it "lolimalling" and it brings about much lulz.