• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Eternal Morphs (Pokemorph RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the Fortei region, a small, rustic little seaside island, which is, like many others, inhabited by people and their pokemon. In this region, a miraculous medicine, known to the locals as pokol powder, is widely available, and used by almost all of Fortei's citizens. Pokol powder can instantly cure almost all minor injuries and illnesses, as well as provide fast acting pain relief to all who use it. However...

Take too much of it, for too long, and pokol powder will strike you with a mysterious illness. You will gain the abilities, as well as the features of a pokemon. As your abilities get stronger, you will start to lose your mind. Eventually, you'll end up as a foul, rabid beast, whise only instinct will be to slaughter all whom you come across. And then you'll die.

The people of Fortei ostracise all those whom are stricken with this illness, fearful that they too will catch it. They blindly keep taking pokol powder, unaware that it will cause them to become ill and die...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

(As always, fill out this sheet before you jump in!)

Name:

Species: (There are three different species which you can be in this RP. First, you could be a human, who possesses no abilities whatsoever. You can carry a weapon, if you like, though. Secondly, you can choose to be a partial pokemorph. Partial pokemorphs are humans afflicted by pokol powder, who can grow pokemon like features on command (Such as ears, tails, wings or beaks). Partial pokemorphs can also use up to two attack moves, normally possessed by pokemon. Lastly, you can choose to be a full pokemorph. Full pokemorphs are humans who are able to completely transform into a pokemon, as well as use up to four attacks, and an ability. Full pokemorphs are immensely powerful, but they get tired very easily, and cannot stay in battle for long.)

(Here's mine):

Name: Kitri Vasquez

Species: Honchkrow partial pokemorph. She is able to fly by turning her arms into wings, and can use the attacks payback and psychic.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Roll up, roll up, and get yourself some freshly made korhaz powder! This stuff's good for all minor ailments!"

No one even looked in Kitri's direction.

The woman sighed deeply, resting her eyes on the hypnotic crashes of the waves on the sea. No one payed any attention to her usual spiel anymore, and instead, brushed past the woman as they hurried to the pharmacy nearby, for another sachet of pokol powder. Pokol powder... That stuff would be the death of Kitri, in every sense of the word. She only took it for a little while, to help with her chronic pain, and it worked, for a bit. Then she started getting sick whenever she took it. And then she ended up with Honchkrow wings, and the only way to bring relief to her pain was to go back to taking her home-made korhaz powder. Wondrous stuff, it was. Simply smelling it could make the pokemorph feel better.

It was a marvel why nobody took korhaz powder anymore. It was a little more expensive than pokol powder, but it was so much better for people... And taking it didn't slowly kill you.

Kitri repeated her spiel to a gaggle of girls nearby, only for them to laugh in her face and say, "Korhaz powder?! Who the hell wants to buy that anymore? Mineral powder is so much better. Maybe you should try selling that, sweetie."

Rex

Resident Furry
Name: Dustin Abrams
Species: Buizel Full Pokemorph - Swift Swim - Ice Punch / Aqua Jet / Aqua Tail / Hydro Pump

(Always nice to see another Eternal Sonata fan.)
---

Sitting alone and watching the people go by in the town's market square, Dustin felt old, and fragile. His coppery hair had lost its sheen, his green eyes were muddied, he was terribly pale. His clothes were no less shabby looking than he was, threadbare gray pants and a navy coat that might have been rather splendid at one point, but now the most interesting thing about it were the loose threads sticking out from where a set of golden buttons might have once been. This coat was worn open, there was no other way to wear it by now, and the torso that revealed was absolutely covered in bandages, wrapping up from his waist to his armpits, and over his collarbone on either side.

He'd come out for some fresh air, having felt strong enough to do so today. It was good to be out of the stuffy ruin he called his home, and seeing actual life progressing around him took the edge off the isolation induced madness he was sure he was falling into. The din of people talking, moving, bartering, arguing, punctuated by the crashing waves on the beach. He was born in this seaside town. He would die in this seaside town. It was only a question of when.

Kitri gave them a sharp glare as she packed up her things, and moved down onto the beach, as far away from the pharmacy as she could get. It was nearing mid day, and yet, she had only sold one measly bag of korhaz powder. Judging by the expression of the girl whom had bought it, she too was a pokemorph, cursed to die because of mineral powder.

Who would even buy from a woman like Kitri anyway, except other pokemorphs, not that there were very many in the village. All those who had seen her wings avoided her like the plague. Kitri could've been selling gold dust, and no one who knew that she was a pokemorph would approach her.

She lay out her blanket and her bags of korhaz powder by the steps down onto the beach, putting a slightly different spin on her usual spiel. "Korhaz powder, going cheap! Made fresh this morning!"

Name: Kathleen
Species: leafeon partial Pokemon. She has only the tail of a leafeon and died her hair green and tan to try and match it. She can only use leaf blade but can use it a lot. She got this way from using powder to get relief from a saver burn she recived from a home fire. Kathleen still has a scar on her belly. (My profile photo is her ;P)
------------------
Kathleen headed to the beach. Her stomach itched as usual but she didn't want to risk matching ears to her tail behind her as she walked. She had always loved the sound of the beach as it calmed her down and put her mind on other things. Kathleen looked back to the shore as she heard a girl yell about some powder. She shrugged it off before a small burst of pain came from her belly. Kathleen didn't out worldly show it but instead headed over to the layout. She looked down at the korhaz powder before responding. "Is this the same as mineral powder?' Kathleen asked trying to keep her tail hidden. Ever since she got it, no one would take her siriusly and either laugh her off or just stay away in general.

Surprised by the notion that someone, yes, an actual, living someone was showing interest in her korhaz powder, Kitri whipped sharply around to face the potential customer, putting on as bright a smile as she could muster.

"Quite different, actually," she answered, "You see, korhaz powder takes a little longer to work than mineral powder, but it will make you feel ten times better than that stuff can. It'll heal any minor ailment you have in a jiffy!"

Kitri opened her sample sachet, so that the potential consumer could get a good whiff of the comforting floral aroma. "Makes you feel better just by smelling it, doesn't it?"

"Wow it does!" Kathleen exclaimed as she felt her stomic get better, but paused before she should get excited. "is there any side effects?" She asked. Just then a group of people ,about her and Kitri's age, walked by. They started laughing as Kathlens face turned red. Her tail went flat as she looked down.

Daring to ask if the medicine she was about to buy was completely safe? That was a new one, at least, to Kitri. Having suffered from chronic pain for most of her life, the woman had jumped at the chance to start taking mineral powder, as recommended by one of the count-funded doctors that she had to see. Kitri hadn't thought to question the safety of mineral powder when she took it, after all, it was medicine, wasn't it? Well, until it started making her ill, and gave her the ability to turn her arms into honchkrow wings. Then, it was back to taking her own home-made korhaz powder, made from fresh flowers. And though it didn't take her powers away, the stuff at least kept her functioning, day to day.

"Not one," Kitri answered, "I've been making and taking this stuff ever since I became ill. One bag'll cost you the same as ten bags of mineral powder, but I promise, it's worth it. I wish I could sell it for a cheaper price, but the thing is, since Count Citrom made taxes on daily necessities really high, I've had to raise my prices, just so that I can eat, day to day."

Feeling the familiar sharp, burning sensation that she'd had for three years consume her abdominal muscles, Kitri hurried to funnel some of her own product into her mouth. The korhaz powder was terribly bitter on its own, and if she didn't get it inside her carefully, it would dry out the inside of her mouth, but the effects were well worth that small drawback.

Her legs folded, leaving her kneeling atop her sales blanket. But she soon re-arranged herself into a comfortable position, keeping upright so that she could still sell her wares to potential customers and maybe--

"What have we told you about peddling your powder?!"

Kitri turned to look up at the steps. Two of Count Citrom's guards were there.

"Nobody wants to buy that illegal crap anymore. Pack your duffel, and get some mineral powder if you don't feel well!" they ordered.

(Sorry for mising I though I already posted my response :/)

Kathleen looked up from her bag as she tryed to get out he money to buy the powder. "Well its probably better then that poison." She hissed as she gave the woman the money, "It seems alot better so I will just take one since I dont have the money for anymore." Kathleen got how expensive it can be. The king did put a high tax on new powders and that made her family theorize. Her older brothers questioned it first but Kathleen did not queston it, untile she got the tail.

In spite of her pain, Kitri's face lit up at the sight of the leafeon's pokedollars. Her first actual sale in months! Now, finally, she'd be able to eat something other than the berries which she picked from the forest, or the bread which she sometimes stole from the baker lady.

Ignoring the guards, Kitri chose the biggest sachet of korhaz powder in her bag, and gleefully handed it over to the leafeon. "Thank you," she rasped, "I promise, you won't regret this!"

The guards smacked their spears hard on the ground. "That's your second warning, Miss Vasquez," they growled, "If you badmouth mineral powder one more time, you'll be chuting your korhaz powder in the castle dungeons!"

Kathleen thanked the woman just before the guard warned her again. Anger flowed though her. "Hey! She has a right to sell powder if she pay the tax, and with these prices I bet she does. Along with that, she is fine selling stuff here. Those guys are and no one is yelling about that!" Kathleen exclaimed pointing tword the nearby blanket with a person selling blankets. "Wow. How can 17 year old know more about the law then the guards?" She asked flipping her green strands on her hair as she put her powder in her bag.

The guards lowered their weapons. "Nobody wants to buy korhaz powder anymore," the taller of the two said sternly, "You don't need that slow-acting herbal medicine, when you can buy some perfectly good mineral powder from the pharmacy up ahead."

"That stuff's pure poison," Kitri scoffed, "Taking it made me ill the last few times. Korhaz powder might take longer to work, but at least it doesn't kill you!"

The other guard's face went white. "You... I've had just about enough of your lip!"

Kitri gave them an acerbic smile. "Why are you so keen to make people buy poison instead of medicine?" she simply enquired.

Kathleen nodded excited to see how this ends. Her brothers would die to be in her spot right now, but she didnt think of it that way. 'One more thing to pull over their heads if they do anything!' She though as she looked at the guards. "Thats a good queston!" Kathleen said excitedly flicking her tail.

Name: Sarah
Species: Treecko Partial Pokemorph (can extend the claw treecko uses to climb trees and can use absorb and pound)

"GET! THESE! THINGS! OFF! ME!" Sarah screamed as she scraped her claws against a tree. Each time she screamed with pain louder but kept scraping her claws against the tree. Evantually, she gave up. "ow! these hurt so much!", and she hid her claws. She extended them again to realize they were bleeding. Once she got home she told her mom "get me a bandage!" which she did. She told Sarah "You need to stop hurting yourself with those!" She groaned "fine."

Last edited:
"We said that we'd had enough of your lip, Miss Vasquez," the first guard threatened, "Do we have to remind you again?"

"Do I have to ask you again?" Kitri replied, "Why are you so keen to make people buy poison instead of medicine?"

The guards tapped their weapons threateningly on the ground. "Clear off, or we'll have both of you poke-freaks thriwn in the dungeons!"

Name: winter
Species: noivern partial Pokemon. She the wings and tail claws and ears of a niovern and her hair is black as she is shiny. She can only use dragon tail and air cutter She got this way from using powder to get relief from a saver burn she recived from her father when they where "training". Winter still has the scar on her face.

Winter kicked the two guards in the back of the legs sending them to the ground as she did this she looked at Kathleen and grinned as she spin kicked the two into the dirt and took there money at the same time and ran off so as to not get caught by them

The guards, terribly surprised by the sudden attack, immediately turned their attention towards the attacking noivern pokemorph. From the front, it was barely evident that she was a pokemorph, due to her not having very obvious pokemon-like features. But as the girl turned away, Kitri noticed her wings, and her tail.

The honchkrow pokemorph grabbed one of the stone steps leading to the beach, using it to force herself to her feet. She knew that the guards hated pokemorphs; everyone who wasn't a pokemorph hated them, but all those who worked for Count Citrom seemed to despise them the most.

She hated to involve her customer in this, but what choice did she have?

Kitri threw her coat off to the side, revealing her bare arms. In a flash of light, her arms expanded into honchkrow wings, and she shot popping payback sparks at the two guards...

Of there was one thing winter hated it was the guards they took her parents from her and she'd be dambed if she let them throw her in prison or worse the system as she looked back she saw Kitri use payback and frowned missing g her mother because of this as she had been a honchkrow herself and her father a noivern like her as she stopped and stood there trying to diside to go back or not

(@Scarletghost I thing you ment kitri not Kathleen :p)

Kathleen watched as the girl robed the guards. Although she didnt like the guards, Kathleen didnt like slealing either. "Hey stealings not good!" She said as she goon after the girl. Kathleen paused as she looked back at the shop keeper. The girl has sudenly goten wings and attacked the guards! Kathleen didnt think so much of it as she noticed the girl pause to look at the shopkeeper also. She used this distraction to form a leaf blade in her hand and trust it at the girl. The blade managed to get the girls shirt and make the girl stick to the wall. "Dont move" Kathleen said as she cought up to the stuck girl.

Kitri suddenly switched back to her ordinary form, panting a little as she reached for her coat. With her arms back to normal, and her power depleted, she wrapped herself up tightly in the navy-blue fabric, snuggling into the coat's fluffy white collar.

"Trying to make a fucking living," she panted, coughing, "And stop the guards from throwing you in Count Citrom's dungeon!"

The first guard shook his head. "What she's doing, is selling an outdated floral medicine, and rejecting the wonderful mineral powder our good Count Citrom is having made for the people of Fortei."

"Good, my arse," Kitri scoffed, "That stuff's made me ill! And this girl, and the leafeon pokemorph who took pity on me and bought some of my non-lethal, all natural, completely healthy korhaz powder!"

"Miss Vasquez mineral powder is a perfectly cheap and safe alternative to what you're using," the second guard insisted.

"Then take some of it yourself! Go on, right in front of us!" Kitri challenged.

((My character has a rather mature subject matter, so I'll try to tread lightly on it.))

Name:
Toshiro Shimizuki
Species: Seviper Partial Pokémorph
When he morphs, he takes on a naga-esque form. His lower body (from the waist down) becomes that of a Seviper and his hands sprout monstrous, crimson claws that seem extravagantly hard to lug around. The one thing he can't seem to change between his two forms are his wide, similarly red eyes.
He possesses the moves Poison Tail and Night Slash.
***​
Toshiro's addictive personality had never fared him well. It was the only thing his father had handed down to him before taking their money and leaving he and his mother to rot. When his mother had fallen sick, he was unable to afford anything more expensive than pokol powder. It was cheap and it was promising, but he was sure it was the very thing that had caused her condition to worsen and killed her in her sleep.
It was a shame he hadn't realized the fact before he had started taking it himself. The drug had been promising enough in the short spurts of energy it had lent his mother that he had been foolish enough to believe that it may have been able to relieve the pain in his joints. For the man who had gotten hooked on sleeping aids as a boy, there was never a worse thing that he could have possibly put through his veins.
What a pitiful life, was all that ran through his head time and time again. The powder made him vomit, made him short of breath, stripped him of his humanity. And still, he found himself wandering into the pharmacy for another fix whenever he drifted home from his work.

Winter just watched not sure what to do as she hid behind the two woman in fear she saw toshiro and turned and ran into an alleyway as she let her wings form out of her back and took off into the forest heading to a cave she called home as she had no real family to call her own

Name: Sophie Hindershine
Species: Sylveon Partial Pokemorph
In her partially morphed form, she has the ears, tail, and feelers of sylveon. Whatever she's wearing transforms into a white dress with pink lace. However, in both forms, her eyes are a pale icy blue, like that of a Sylveon's.

Status
Not open for further replies.