• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

E3 2005

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It's coming!

As usual i'll be reporting on the latest news on Pokecharms, although it will be slightly hampered by revision I think I might be able to use the main and first day, the 17th, to just cover the event completely.

Will the Revolution make a proper appearence?

Will the Xbox 360 be the same as the one I updated with a few days ago?

Will there be a new Grand Theft Auto for the PS2 coming out this year? Any news on the PSP version?

And most importantly, just how much of Diamond and Pearl and XD will we be seeing?

This topic is for discussing all things E3. I can't wait. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yay for E3 and Reggie/Shiggy-ness! I can't wait :D

Right now I'd have to say I'm most looking forward to all the new Pokemon information, but anything concerning the DS will be awesome, too. A few of Square-Enix's games also have my interest. Finally, after so freakin' long, we'll hopefully get to see what FFXII is all about. I'm also interested in their new RPG, Radiata or something.

I wish I was going to the Black Mages concert before the event. It's like it's taunting me! :cry:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
PS3 Specs hot out of the Sony Conference:

Sony also confirmed the PlayStation 3, will use Blu-Ray discs as its media format. The discs can hold up to six times as much data as current-generation DVDs. It will also support CR-ROM, CDR+W, DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R formats. It also confirmed the machine would be backward-compatible all the way to the original PlayStation. It will also have slots for Memory Stick Duo, a SD slot, and a compact flash memory slot. It will also sport a slot for a detachable 2.5 inch HDD somewhat similar the Xbox 360's.

Out of the box, the PS3 will have the capability to support seven Bluetooth controllers. It will also have six USB slots for peripherals--four up front and two in the back.

Sony also laid out the technical specs of the device. The PlayStation 3 will feature the much-vaunted Cell processor, which will run at 3.2 Ghz, giving the whole system 2.18 teraflops of overall performance. It will sport 256mb XDR main RAM at 3.2 Ghz, and have 256MB of GDDR VRAM at 700mhz.

Sony also unveiled the PS3's graphics chip, the RSX "Reality Synthesizer based on Nvidia technology. The GPU will be capable of 128bit pixel precision, 1080p resolution, some of the highest HD resolution around. It also has over 300 million transistors, larger than any processor available commercially today. It was manufactured using the 90nm process with 8 layers of metal. The RSX is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 ultras, which would cost rough $1000 if bought today.

The PlayStation 3 will also sport some hefty multimedia features, such as video chat, internet access, digital photo viewing, digital audio and video. Sony Computer Entertainment head Ken Kutaragi introduced it as a "Super computer for computer entertainment."

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Nintendo's Online plans concerning Animal Crossing and Mario Kart:

http://www.pokecharms.com/games/e3-2005/online.php

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
ps3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Why... Just, why!?

And that controller... Man, what were they thinking? Were they even thinking at all? :?

But meh... I don't really care what it looks like if it has what I want.

Keep the E3 info comming ^^

I would like to say 3 words. "Holy freaking crap."

SSB is a launch game. I can begin speculating now... This is gonna be so much fun! If King Dedede isn't a playable character, or more EarthBound characters are in it, or if WarioWare characters aren't there at least as trophies/collectibles... *shakes fist*

The new consoles look pretty sleek, I think. Although the GBM trumps 'em all in sleekness... that thing is tiny. Despite that, however, I don't thin I'll be investing in it.

Animal Crossing, I am so excited about. Mario Kart too. I'm glad that DDR with Mario now has an American confirmation.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
TheBlueAvenger said:
I would like to say 3 words. "Holy freaking crap."

I'll second that :D

For me SSB at launch, XD in October, and Revolution's game downloading abilities are the best things revealed so far. It's just... wow. So much cool stuff from just one little conference.

I'm not sure what to think about the Micro but, knowing me, I'll probably get one.

I heard there's going to bring a marioparty7 which is great for me I love the marioparty serise you would think that they would end at 6 put who cares :D the new thing is that there can be 4 groups of 2 for team battles thats 8 characters on the playing field! lets hope they'll bring in some new characters like birdo or the babies :wink:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
sizecomparison.jpg

In the words of Ash: "It's so cute; it's the best of all!" XD

gbm.jpg

*Pokes little Gameboy* Yeah... There's no doubt about it. Unless the Micro costs over $200 Canadian, it's mine :wink:

Too bad the screen is smaller. I'm sure we'll still be getting our current resolution, what with it being the best and brightest screen ever. 8wants one*

Yay! Mario & Luigi 2! And it's being developed by Alphadream again! And since the DS has not just A and B buttons, but also X and Y buttons, we get to play as Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, too! And when will I stop shouting?!

Man, it's gonna be ANOTHER good year. ^_^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The Gameboy Micro seems pretty pointless aside from looking nice.

I mean, why would you want one when you have a GBA Classic, 2 SPs and even better, a DS?

I mean, the DS Screen kicks ass for Gameboy Games and it's bigger than the Micro's. And what's even betterer than that, it plays DS games too!

It's just a very, very pointless reincarnation. Nice looking but pointless.

I wonder if an October release for XD in the USA will get it to Europe this year?

Strange that there's one thing that hasn't been mentioned so far for XD...

Rentals.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Why would XD have rentals? If it's a full-fledged RPG with no battle mode it'd have no need for them o.O

Like I said on MSN, DS isn't that great for GBA games. Sharper screen, but the weight of it over time cramps your hands quicker. If I don't need to use it, I avoid using it.

And the sharpness of Micro's screen is said to make up for the size. Pixels are smaller, but everything is still perfectly visible (like small text). The whole point of the thing is portability anyways. SP was pretty good in its own right, but Micro will be something else. Plus it has a standard headphone jack, just like SP should've :p

I don't find it pointless, but meh. I love my SP (best handheld I own for playability) and people called that pointless, too.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
XD does have a full battle mode...

Which is why I thought people would have been running around kicking and screaming for Rentals.

It'd be nice to have them this time, battle mode was a pain in the arse on Colosseum.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nobody told me it had one, including you :p

Nice "full fledged RPG"... It's turning into the same thing all over again :?