• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DS Online Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I didn't put it in because it's not necessary for the game. When you connect to someone, you automatically have their name set right. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm changing this topic to a general online DS Discussion Topic, as you'll see you can now add your Mario Kart and AC:WW details in your profile instead.

However, I will probably only extend this further for D/P or any other Pokemon Games. Only games that make a HUGE mark on the online system will be available globally around the board to view. However, as the online games come out I will continue to add the options to put them in your profiles so even if they don't show up when you post, you can see them when you go to your profile.

That's a great idea, and I think about three pieces of WFC info (whatever it may be) showing up when you post is a good number to stick with. Any more than that and it'd look a bit sloppy.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Code:
                            `.--`                           `-:/::-`       ```                          `-://:::-.  ```....-..``                         .-:::-.``     ````...------.``                       `````            ```....---:::::--.``         `                   ```                  ````....---::::::::::-.`  `.``  `.-`                  `-/o/                    ```...----:::::://///::-.`    .:/                 .:mMMM-                    ```...-----:::::////++:`     `:+:               `-/dMMMM+                    ````...----:::::///++o+`  `  `-+s.               `:sMMMMMo                    `.:/+oo+/--::::////++oo: ``  `-+so                .NMMMMMy                  -+hmNMMMMMNdo:::////++ooss.`.` `:+oy                ohmMMMMd               `:hNMMMMMMMMMMMMd/:///+++ossyo.-.`.:+os`               :so/+hMMN              /dMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm+//+++oossss/:-.-:ooo.              .NMMNd+/dN`           .yMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm+++oooosssss+:--/ooo-              `mMMMNMy`-           /mMMMNmdysoooosydmMMMMMh+ooossssssso/::/oo+-               mMMMs/+            oNNds/-..-:/++++///+ymNMNoooooooooooo-:/+oo+-               yMMm-             .y+-`.:shmNMMMMNNMNmho+ohNyoooooooooo- -:::-.`               -o/.                 -ymNmdmMMMMMNhsydNMNyossooooooooo/               `.                   yds:.sMMMMMMMMm//+ymNmooooooooooo`              ..                   ````..mMMMMMMMMMh/++osyoooooooooo:            `.`  `.--.``         ````...-oNMMMMMMMNs+oooooooooooooo+           `-`  shsoyNmds/`    ```...--:::+ymNNNmdsoooooooooooooooo.           `-` .M+.-oNMMMMm. ````..--:::////++oooooooooooooooooooo/           `.`` dMNMMMMMMMM:```....--::///+++ooooooooooooooooooooo`           `.```.mMMMMMMMMs``.....--:://++ooooooooooooooo+++ooo+:.            -.....yMMMMMm/`......--:://++ooooooooooo++++++++:-`            --.--../do+:.......---:://+oooooooooooo+++++/-.     .```.-:++------h/...--------::/+++oooooooooooo+++/`     -` `-oyyyo:::-/hs---:::::::://++oooooooooooooo++:     .   `-/so+/:oyhshs/:///////+++oooooooo++++++oo+-     `  /`.-///+osy+//shyo++++ooooooooooo++++++++++.               ``-`:`     .``/so/:::://++///+shhhysoooooooooo+++++o+:-.`          `.`::.--::/.   `:+-:++s/::::::::::::///++++++o+/ssso:-..-+y/             `::--osoyddm.  `-o+sso+/::::::::::///+///:::::o+:ysoy/.--`.:o+`     `````:+yhhdhddhddm:  .++://:::::sh/::::/+ydmmh///://o++-..:o..::++syosy+yh+yhs-dhdhddddddddm:  -o/:::::::/Nh/:::+/dhyyhNh:sohss:y`   ``.:+s+ss/yd/hd/hdy-dhdyddhddddmm/ `:s/:::::::oNy::///ydyyyymd:s++++-:```  `.:+soyh+hh+yy/ss+:oyhhdddmmmmmN+ ./o::::::::ydyohmmosmhyydm+/ooh+yo:-..```.-/ossso+++/````   `-+..+o/+yyy/ -++:::::::/hhydNNNd+ydddh+///:/+s:sds/----:/oooo+++os/      `::-`:/``//``-o/::::::::shsmNNNNdysss+/:::::+o:hmmmo/::/+oo+/++oooo.     `-`:..`:-..:`:s/::::::::::+mNNNNmmdhs/::://os/sdmmms-:/+ooo++++//:-.`:s/:::::::::::oyhhyysso++//++ooohmdmmd/--:+os+.``` -o+:::::::::::/+ooossssosooo+sdNNNNmh+--:+oss/ .:oo//::////+oo+ohmmho+osyy/-+yddhy+-..:+ssss:  .:+oo++oooo++yddy/:-.......:o+oo:.``.:+sssss`   `.-://:::sdNNd/::::::--.-:/:+oo+``.:+sssss+      `````.+yhhho:++++///.` `./oo:`.-/ossss:`              ```` -+ooooo/-.-:oyo.`.:+sssyhs-                    `-/ooooo+osso+`.-/osyhdmNh                       ```+o+.`.-.`.:oshhdmmNy                          .:`   ``-/ossydyssds                         ``   `.-/+so/++myhysd`                        --    /+-/+o-///m/++om:                       .o`   .h::/+/`//+m/.-:/`                        `````-+--:/. :::s-

Is that not the most terrifying thing you've ever seen in your life?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Terrifying? That thing pwnz! ^__^

EDIT: It's good being an admin. I can make my messages show up as new and never have to double post XD

Anyways, I want to propose an idea to you folks. I know the number of us on the WFC isn't that large yet but it is growing, so it'd be cool if we could set aside a time either every week, biweekly, or every month when everyone tries to meet up and play. The game(s) we choose will depend on how many people own it/want to play it, and you wouldn't have to join in every time if you had other things going on.

I'd say either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday evenings/nights would be the best time for the majority of people (going by when I see most of you on MSN/AIM).

So, who'd be interested? Thoughts? Comments? Curses?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Sunday evenings are best for me. I work on Saturday afternoons a lot now and both Friday and Saturday nights are reserved for alcohol nights should the need arise. ^^

Sunday, however, I have f**k all to do otherwise. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yes... Those rare occasions that you do go out to drink ;)

Anyways, anyone else? As of now I just want to figure out if there's actually enough interest for something like this to work. All we'd really need to kick it off/substain it each whatever would be four people. Then I might actually experience a four-player WFC MK DS race that's not against random strangers :p

Once Tetris DS comes out, which I'm sure most of you'll be buying (I mean, c'mon. It's Tetris. Online! XD), there'll be more to do. The number of games that use the WFC will simply continue to multiple over the months, too, leading up to the grand release of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl! 8)

Yar, I just bought my DS. Honestly.. I didn't even know it had wireless internet. @_@ I thought it was like the local wifi thing that I found inside FireRed (when I bought it like 1 week ago).

**is, as always, a bit behind on gaming**

Anyhoo... as of now, I only have AC, but Mario Kart looks alright. Being a temp, I don't have a steady income right now, but I'll try to keep up with you guys. ^_^()

But yar, that sounds like a neat idea Katie. =o

I'm free.. everyday except Tuesdays and Thursdays.

shows how much of a life I lead. =/

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I HAVE A DS! *jumps around celebrating* No really good games or online games yet though. Just Sonic and Pokemon. Hopefully I'll have AC:WW soon though... It all really rests on four weeks time, my 16th birthday! *hopes for a DS of my own, as, contrary to what I said above, the DS is my brother's*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Mwaha! Prepare to face the wrath of my awesome losing powers! XD

My brother bought me Tetris DS today (as a late Xmas prezzie, w00t!) and I've been playing over the WFC ever since. About 11 loses, one win so far! Man, I'm on fire! =D

Anyways, for whenever anyone buys it my Tetris Friend ID is: 052509 808674

It seems impossible to get a 4 player game going right now. Bet everyone's too busy playing Hunters :p

Edit: I miscounted. I've actually only lost 9 times ;)

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
*hums annoyingly* Not having a DS to myself still, I have no WFC. Due to my dad going to Japan on tuesday/saturday after that, however, I'll have a DS Lite before the lot of yas. ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I just got Lost Magic but haven't been on the WFC yet to get my Friend Code. Regardless, if anyone has the game - even if you don't like it very much - gimmie your ID so that we can battle plzkthx.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, here I go again: I just bought StarFox Command and I want some opponents lined up for when I actually GET back on the WFC, so... if you buy the game and have WFC access, what's your friend ID? StarFox multiplayer is always teh pwnz ^^

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I have FINALLY got a DS Lite! However, no WFC games as of yet. *glares at dad for not getting my Animal Crossing to go with it*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've finally added Lost Magic and Starfox Command to my Friend IDs list.

Anyone who wants them check out my profile and look for me on MSN/the Charms chat to battle *pokes 'Chat' tap at the top of the forums*.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's not working, Kimi. Keeps saying "There is an error in the Friend Code you entered." o.o

Sure you wrote it out right?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Would post from her DS if she could*

Heh. It seems to me that until DP are finally out in the US, my WFC play is going to take a serious nose-dive. I honestly don't know what other notable WFC-using games are being released between now and April 22nd. Are there any...?

It wouldn't matter to me if there were any... my dorm doesn't have wireless. :'( As soon as it does, though, I'll be on Wi-Fi in full force.

To answer your question, Diddy Kong Racing will have Wi-Fi.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Whoo! A reason to reply that's not Pokemon related xp

I just bought Heroes of Mana yesterday, and while I've barely played it the fact that it has WiFi access forces me to ask if anyone has it or is planning to buy it. I can't guarantee I'll be that active a battler, but if someone wants to play a game or two PM me and we can swap friend IDs, plan times, etc.

That is all ^^

I've only got two Wifi game's at the moment, and only managed to get my WFC workin' recently.
So, Did someone mention Final Fantasy III?
017304614810 is my code if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.