• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join {DISCUSSION + SIGNUPS} Pokemon Ultra Contest!

Should we close the RP?

• No, let's let others join.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
RP thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/fixed-pokemon-ultra-contest.20819/

The stage is on you and your Pokemon.... You've been readying for this moment for months.... Out comes your Pokemon, out of its Pokeball! Your moment has come! But can you defeat your opponent while looking great at the same time? This is an Ultra Contest, and you're ready to rumble!

Welcome, ladies, and gentlemen, to the Pokemon Ultra Contest! The evolution of Contest Spectaculars, Ultra Contests are the new spectacle of Kalos that's taking the region by storm! Battle, perform, and show the world your Pokemon and you!

Accepted Characters:
Rebecca Black ( @Excalibur Queen )
Luca Geminus (Me)
Finion Charles ( @Martin Pine )
Anora Gales ( @Lightning-the-emolga )
Ash Stone ( @FrostCrispz )
Allie Silverstone ( @EeviumZ )
Mia Anderson ( @Runn.Dunn )
Nara Rinno ( @PlayfulShinx47 )
Explanation:
Conditions: Ultra Contests do not have conditions for your Pokemon's moves, because there is no need for them because there is only one type of Ultra Contest. This means that Pokemon's moves shouldn't be chosen based on a specific trait, but instead their appearance and skill in battle, albeit together or alone.

Rounds:
Ultra Contests have three different rounds which are similar other contests' rounds, but with a twist.
  • Round 1, Entrance: Entrance is the round in which you send your Pokemon out of their Pokeball. This can be in a specific pose or with a Seal on the Pokeball for added special effects. Wow the crowd from the start to gain extra points!
  • Round 2, Performance: In this round, perform with up to 2 Pokemon by your side! This is similar to the anime, in which Pokemon moves are used for appearance, rather than the games in which they are used for Appeal. Combine your moves and make wonders! (In these contests, moves are not used for the same purposes as the games. You use the visual effects of your moves to put your Pokemon and you in the spotlight. For help with Pokemon move appearances, use Bulbapedia, a website which will show you moves' appearance, effects, and more!
  • Round 3, Battle: In the third and final round of Ultra Contests, battle your opponents in a Double Battle. Sounds simple enough, right? Wrong! This round is reminiscent of the second, where you have to wow the crowd. The only problem with this is that you must do this while battling. The focus of this round is more about battle than looks, but a repeated move used to KO an opponent will get you a drastically lower score than defeating your opponent with visually appealing moves that don't become predictable. (Battles will derive from the anime. They will not be turn-based, and your Pokemon will physically move. Moves' effects still act as normal. For example, Swift is un-dodge-able, and False Swipe cannot be the finishing hit of an opponent.)

Moves/Levels: Like most Roleplays, Pokemon can learn more than four moves, as long as the move in question is learnable by the Pokemon. We can't have any Pidgeys with Hyper Beam!

Scoring: The scores for an Ultra Contest will range from 0, the worst score, to 100, the ultimate score, and will consist of the total scores of all three rounds. However, some rounds are more important than others! Scoring will go as follows:

Entrance Round: Max Points: 20.

Performance Round: Max Points: 40

Battle Round: Max Points: 40.
There is no definite rubric for scoring, though it is VERY unlikely to get a perfect 100 or a complete 0.

Announcer: I will take the role as announcer as well as my character. For the double battles, the announcer will choose the matchups and then I would like the two opponents to make a conversation and then post a summary on the RP thread.

Rules:
  1. Follow ALL Pokecharms rules.
  2. No Mary Sue/Gary Stu characters. These characters are flawless in every way, and in this instance, score perfect 100s, have powerful Pokemon, and amazing looks. Losses and mistakes make the journey better.
  3. No autoing, or taking control of another character.
  4. If you have any questions, post them here or PM me.
  5. No extreme violence or romance. If it goes past punching for violence and crushes for romance, it's not allowed.
  6. Put your rank, pokemon, and RP name in every post so we can all keep track
  7. No posts shorter than 1 and a half paragraphs. That's about 8 sentences. I won't be terminating you if you make too short of a post, but PLEASE, keep it over five sentences.
  8. This roleplay takes place in Kalos. As a result, no Alolan forms may be used.
  9. ONE shiny per trainer at most.
  10. @iiEevee_Pikachu and I have the final say over whose character is accepted!
Name: First and last!
Hometown: List where you come from in any region. Town, city, route, etc. (Except for Galar, of course!)
Appearance: You may use words or make a picture.
Backstory: Optional, but preferred.

Pokemon: Unless your character is a traveler, use pokemon that can be found in your home region. No legendaries or mythicals! PM me if you would like to use a fakemon. Limit of 4 pokemon!
Pokemon name:
Pokemon species:
Pokemon backstory: (Optional)

Trainer Card:
Optional, you won't need to fill out the Pokemon part of the character sheet if you post this.

News Board:
4/6/19: Go ahead and make your entry posts!
4/12/19: Fixing the RP link and revamping the thread now!
4/16/19: Redo #3 in the RP thread. It should satisfy conditions now. Sorry for the inconvenience...

Last edited:
*an Artelma quietly sends an electronic mail before floating away to get his trainer ready for the RP*

Subj: RP Interest

Hello Altari_owl,

My trainer appears to be expressing interest in this role play of your's. However, due to me and my other friends with my trainer being unofficial Pokémon, database infos on us Fakemon will be directly messaged to you when my trainer sends them over.

Huniraru for all.

- Artelma

Disclaimer: Huniaruian messages cost 50 P to send, and 100 P per minute with Pokéhone calls.

Pollen-Puff

Sorry about that, @Excalibur Queen ! I'm going to change the backstory to optional. Thanks to all of you for showing interest, this is my first good rp, so please don't expect it to be perfect, however, I'm going to try!

EDIT 1: Double posts aren't allowed, so here's my character

Name: Luca Gemino

Hometown: Sootopolis City, Hoenn
Appearance: Luca has dark green wavy hair that lightens as it draws closer to the scalp. He has faint white skin. Luca usually wears a yellow hoodie with Pikachu ears and sweatpants, but he changes his outfit for Contests. He has soft, brown eyes that are hidden by wire-framed glasses that he sometimes switches for contacts in an important or particularly acrobatic performance.

Backstory: Luca comes from a family of musicians who have orchestrated the famous piece "Sootopolis City," named after their hometown. Luca himself knows how to play the flute at an amateur-grade level, but he's become more interested in contests and battles as he's grown. As a result, he's traveled to different regions to meet lots of different Pokemon.When he heard about Ultra Contests, he decided to visit Kalos and perform in the "new contest."

Pokemon:

Mist (Dewgong):
Backstory: While traveling in Kanto, Luca caught Mist as a Seel in the Seafoam Caves, and they've been training together since. Mist evolved in a rough battle against Blaine.

Dubi (Porygon-Z):
Backstory: Dubi was a gift from a friend, who evolved mid-trade. The friend did not know why Dubi was colored this way, but it was getting bullied by his other Pokemon and needed a new home.

Topaz (Phanpy):
Backstory: Topaz was Luca's second Pokemon. He caught it in the Safari Zone near his home, and is best friends with Ampere. He's mastered Rollout, but is still learning new moves with Luca, unlike his other Pokemon.

Ampere (Ampharos, Ace):
Backstory: Ampere is Luca's first Pokemon. Training from just a Mareep, Ampere is a master of moving his electricity in all sorts of ways, but after extended electric kinesis, Ampere can get overcharged and sick.

Trainer card:
(No idea why I used a ghost sprite but okay I guess.)

Last edited:
Name: Rebecca Black

Hometown: Lavender Town, Kanto

Appearance: Rebecca has long brown hair pulled up in ponytail, gray eyes, and pale skin. She wears a light blue short sleeve shirt, a necklace with a Vaporeon charm on it, jeans, and black and white sneakers.

Pokemon:

Pokemon name: Reba

Pokemon species: Sandslash

Pokemon: Unless your character is a traveler, use pokemon that can be found in your home region. No legendaries or mythicals! PM me if you would like to use a fakemon. Limit of 4 pokemon!

Pokemon name: Maxwell

Pokemon species: Yamask (Was given to Rebecca as a gift from a family member in Unova. Has Everstone so it won’t evolve.)

Name: Finion Charles
Hometown: Farm close to Twinleaf town
Appearance: Finion is of short stature (At just 5’0) and average in his body build. His complexion is pale and soft and to say he has quite the baby face would be an understatement. His red hair and deep green eyes stand out against his face that is gently covered with gentle freckles. He’s adorable. Happy, sad or angry his smallness of height and face makes him to cute too often. He is often wearing an orange shirt with a blue waistcoat over the top of it. He wears blue jeans and often has a blue hat on his head (Basically his profile pic)

Backstory: Finion is not a coordinator. He’s actually a Pokemon trainer, going around regions on little adventures and competing in Pokemon tournaments. This coordinator thing is kind of out if the blue and not exactly his idea. It is his choice though and he’s as stubborn and determined to learn it as much as he’s worried and scared of failing in it. It’s new ground for him, his first time. He doesn’t expect to do well but he sure does want too.

Pokemom:
Pokemon name:
Blitz
Pokemon species: Monferno
Pokemon backstory: Blitz is a loyal and brilliant fighter of Finion’s. He is amongst one of Finion’s first Pokemon and is as honourable as they come. He is also very confused as to why his trainer had selected him to train for and partake in this Ultra tournament.

Pokemon name: Raven
Pokemon species: Zoroark
Pokemon backstory: Raven is a late member to Finion’s collection of Pokemon but in the short time they have known each other the two have become close. She is mature, reliable and trustworthy and whilst she questioned Finion’s decision she did trust him and go along with him with full confidence.

Pokemon name: Coconut
Pokemon species: Tropius (Shiny)
Pokemon backstory: Like Blitz Coconut is one of the oldest members of the group. She's a caring mother to all of the gang, a gentle giant that uses her size carefully. Do not be fooled though, she can be fierce and protective for her family. Out of all of Finion's Pokemon she was the most willing to go along with this contest, excited almost.

Pokemon name: Frilly
Pokemon species: Aurorus
Pokemon backstory: One of the most newest members to Finion's team. An absolute tank and power house in battle being both reliable and surprising. Much like Coconut however she is a gentle giant. A little more childish and more like an older sister than a mother. The wto get on very well and she was very happy to join Fin in this new experience.

Trainer Card:

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-5_21-53-17.png
    upload_2019-4-5_21-53-17.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 41

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Name: Anora Gales

Hometown: Konikoni City, alola.

Appearance: a pretty, young girl with long brown hair and a beautiful deep blue-purple eyes. She stand at 4"3.
She wears white shirt and purple skirt, and sparkling light blue shoes.
She have a pink bow on her hair and a yellow flower earrings with white petals.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pokemon name: Joljol

Pokemon species: emolga

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pokemon name: honbee

Pokemon species: ribombee

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pokemon name: magic

Pokemon species: Delphox

Pokemon backstory: got from her friend when she arrives in kalos.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Pokemon name: floweet.

Pokemon species: bellossom.

Pokemon backstory: got caught as a Oddish in kalos and quickly went into training until she became a bellossom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trainer card:
712288_trainercard-Anora_Gales.png

Pollen-Puff

Two more would be nice, but I can start make the thread now, since we have 4. ^-^

Edit: Oh noes! I can't add any more accepted characters onto the list to my knowledge! I'm a doof and will probably figure something out, haha. If I comment that you were accepted, you are.

Last edited:

Pollen-Puff

Sure! What seems to be the problem?

Edit: Oh, the link didn't work. I fixed my typos now, so the link should work and the title should be right now...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Just a reminder that any posts in the RP forum itself must contain in-character RP content. An empty placeholder post like the one you left has no reason to exist. When you're ready to start the RP properly - with at least a paragraph (preferably more) of text setting the scene and leaving space for someone else to jump in - start the thread. Not before that.

Name: Ash Stone
Hometown: Snowpoint, Sinnoh
Appearance: Ash is a pale skinned girl with brown hair. Her eyes are an emerald green color. She also wears a blue hoodie, often tied around her waist over a silver T-Shirt and blue jeans.
Backstory:
Ash grew up in Snowpoint where she often messed around in the snow. While she never was much into battles, her random style of fighting caught the attention of a traveling coordinator, who scoped her out to try out coordinating. Hee talle

Pokemon name: Jerricho
Pokemon species: Weavile

Pokemon name: Silver
Pokemon species: Riolu

Pokemon name: Lag
Pokemon species: Seelio

Pollen-Puff

ALRIGHT! This is my third try at the RP thread, maybe this time it won't get locked, we'll see.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
This looks interesting! Quick question, are Pokemon limited to four moves or not? It says in the Pokecharms rules that more than four moves is allowed, but I just want to know if it is different in this roleplay.

Name: Allie Silverstone
Hometown: Her place of residence is in Hearthome City, but she is a traveller and is constantly travelling between the regions.
Appearance: Allie has neon blue hair with purple highlights, brown eyes, a neon blue t-shirt with a black vest and black skirt, white leggings, and black runners with neon blue laces. She has pale skin and stands at a height of about 5'6.
Backstory: Allie became a trainer as a result of meeting Eevee (see Eevee's backstory). She has travelled her home region of Sinnoh and competed in Super Contests. She has also traversed Hoenn and Unova.
Personality: Allie is somewhat nerdy, with a love of learning and technology. She is rash and doesn't care for the phrase "look before you leap". She loves making friends, and is very sweet.

Pokemon name: Eevee
Pokemon species: Eevee (Partner)
Ability: Adaptability
Pokemon backstory:
Eevee met Allie when Allie was about eight years old. They were best friends all through Allie's childhood, although Allie was not old enough to have a Pokemon of her own. When Allie became a Trainer and was able to catch Pokemon, Allie caught Eevee (who was very much willing) and gave her a Silk Scarf as a symbol of their friendship.
Pokemon personality: Eevee has a similar personality to her trainer: hyper, sweet, and a bit rash. She is always eager to battle and perform, no matter what.
Note: Eevee refuses to evolve. Because she is a Partner Eevee, she is capable of using moves such as Glitzy Glow.

Pokemon name: Gardevoir
Pokemon species: Gardevoir
Ability: Trace
Pokemon backstory:
Gardevoir met Allie when she was a Ralts, some time after Allie got her first gym badge. She had a dream to become a performer one day, an aspiration Allie shared with her. Allie spent time to teach her how to use the move Charm, eventually bonding with her and resulting in Ralts coming with her. Over time, Gardevoir developed telepathic capabilities, but only with those she trusts.
Pokemon personality: Gardevoir is nowhere near as rash as her Trainer. Calm and calculated, she prefers strategy to force and always uses moves as if it were a Contest. She is fiercely defensive of Allie, as many Gardevoir are.

Pollen-Puff

In this roleplay, unless something comes up, your Pokemon can learn more than four moves, just not too many.

@EeviumZ Accepted! Excited to see Allie in a different RP than Pokehuman Encounters.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
@Altari_owl Thank you very much! I'm expanding into different roleplays a bit, sticking to the same personality though.

Will start posting as soon as I think of how to start without seeming awkward. :)

Name: Mia Anderson
Hometown: Sunyshore City, Sinnoh
Appearance: Mia is a tan girl with dyed pastel pink hair (her original color is blond) and brown eyes and freckles. She is petite and loves to wear her yellow tank top with puffy light blue shorts and pink sandals. Her hair is usually put up in two buns on the top of her head.

Pokemon: Prinplup (Male),
Pokemon name: Pip
Pokemon species: Prinplup
Pokemon backstory: Prinplup and Mia met when Prinplup was just a baby Piplup. Mia received him from the professor, and they clicked instantly. Of course they still cant quite get the hang of battling in sync, but they love each other nonetheless.

Pokemon: Luxio (male)
Pokemon name: Tux
Pokemon species: Luxio
Pokemon backstory: Mia got Tux when he was a shinx. She got him from a friend of hers as a goodbye gift as her friend was moving away and she wanted Mia to remember her bye. Tux and Pip did not get along at first, but their hatred towards each other has now turned into a very intense competitive relationship.

Pokemon: Drifloon (Female)
Pokemon name: Frie
Pokemon species: Drifloon
Pokemon backstory: Drifloon was Mia’s first catch. She is very proud of Drifloon because she caught her all by herself, and Mia likes to point that out to a lot of people which makes Tux and Pip a little jealous!

Status
Not open for further replies.