• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Devostators Starting Career Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garchomp Adamant
-Dragon Claw Leftovers
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang

Hipopomo (Hipodon) Adamant
-Eathquake Expert belt
-Fie Fang
-Ice Fang
-Crunch

Togekiss modest
-Psycho Shift scope lens
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball

Electivire expert belt
-ThunderPunch adamant
-Eathquake
-Brick Break
-Ice Punch

Metagross focus sash
-Meteor Mash adamant
-Magnet Rise
-Explosion
-Earthquake

Ninjask jolly
-Baton Pass liechi berry
-Swords Dance
-Substitute
-Protect

This is my team I just trained. All are EV trained and I might change one or two moves on my team, or not, I'm not sure.
Well, rate, comment, and give some advice or preferences. Thanks

Items and natures would be nice to have for us. May want to consider some non-offensive pokemon appart from ninjask to help you wall things. As it is I can see issues with some of the better stall teams out there. Maybe use your hippowdon to tank a bit, add Stealth Rock fo rsome support and make him use slack off to regen and stall some physical stuff. For Garchomp may want to consider Yache berry since that fugly dino attracts ice attacks like a magnet.

Thanks for the help, but i do think i will have some trouble with staller teams. for garchomp i dont think he will need a yache berry because with ninjask raising attack and speed and baton passong i think i will be able to out run a weavile and if one with ice shard comes in i will put out electivire

My guess is that you haven't read this yet. You should probably read it. It'll make your post look nicer.

On top, how would you know that an Ice Shard is coming until it's too late. Ice Shard from Weavile will always do at least 68 % and up to a OHKO.

It's also Hippowdon, not Hipodon.

Some punctuation and correct capitals will also make your post so much easier to read.

Oh as a note. You have a very glaring Ice Weakness. With Garchomp 4x weak, and Togekiss, Hippowdon, and Ninjask 2x weak, consider something other than a Metagross to take the Ice moves, since I moves are ever so common (Particularly the famed BoltBeam combination)

Mentioning the EV spreads would also be nice as well, since you have EV trained them.

Otherwise, when it comes to taking hits, you'll be in trouble when someone starts sweeping through your team.

And finally, your team isn't legal to 'Charms standards if you plan on battling here without telling anyone.

ok, thank you. I will be better on my grammar and spelling and yes I did reliaze that i spelled hipowodon wrong, but that's just my start I haven't uploaded certain pokemon form my other GBA games yet, so expect some new pokemon to be coming in. Also I didnt know about the wifi rules until you mentioned them, I read them and will change the items. Also usually when a ice type pokemon comes out I normally switch to Electivire or Metagross. Like I said before, with enough speed, and attack from Ninjask I will outrun a Weavile and hopefuly KO with a Fire Fang

You do realize that an Ice Shard from Weavile will Always make sure that Ninjask doesn't get a Sub up.

And Ice Shard will chip off 68%-80%, even if it has the lowest attack it can possible from a neutral Attack nature (IV of 0) on Garchomp.

And consider adding an attack for Ninjask. With Taunt being popular on some of the lead Pokemon, Ninjask will either have to switch and loose the boosts, or die using Struggle and make it easy prey for other Pokemon.

Edited for clearness.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
What we have here is a failure to communicate.
I think I should point out that Ice Shard is a priority attack: This means you CAN'T outspeed it, Devastator.

Also
You do realize that an Ice Shard from Weavile will Always OHKO any Ninjask. And Ice Shard will chip off 68%-80%, even if it has the lowest attack it can possible from a neutral Attack nature (IV of 0).
Was the first Ice Shard that I bolded supposed to be Ice Punch?
And his Ninjask build mirrors the one I had: Between Protect and Subs, you won't get hit by anything non-priority.. Ice Punch won't be a threat, in other words XP

I meant it to be Ice Shard. How else am I going to avoid the Sub? On the first Ice Shard, it will chip off a minimum of 81% (up to 95%), making a Sub useless (O IV, 252 EVs Attack, no beneficial item). Though Ice Punch will.

As regards to that though, I for got to mention that the second part was for Garchomp. I should go edit that.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
One other thing to note about your team, Devostator, is that it is incredibly imbalanced - you have 4 Physical Sweepers, 1 Special Sweeper, and 1 Baton Passer for your Physical Sweepers. This basically means you have no walls, no PHazers, no Spikers and no Spinners. To make it worse, all of your Sweepers have either all Physical attacks, or all Special Attacks. Even with Ninjask, physical walls will cause you a fair amount of grief since the most popular ones come with a PHazing move to remove all your stat boosts (Skarmory, Weezing, Suicune etc.) Weezing in particular could give you a lot of trouble since it can also burn all your Physical Sweepers, and none of your Pokemon can hit Weezing for super-effective damage. Overall, any trainer who enjoys freely switching between two types of defenders and has a physical PHazer of any sort is going to be a major hassle for you to beat with your team. Consider training some of these:

- Special Sweepers. I don't have to explain this one, since your Togekiss seems to have a Special Sweeper moveset. Other popular Special Sweepers include Gengar, Starmie and Alakazam

- Mixed Sweepers. Basically it uses both physical AND special attacks on its moveset, which makes a lot more difficult to wall since most defensive Pokemon specialize in only one defense stat, leaving the other severely lacking (Skarmory.) Infernape, Lucario and Pikachu (I kid you not!) can be considered Mixed Sweepers.

- Wall. It takes hits to protect your team, simple as that. You have a very good offense yourself, so you'll be able to get an idea of how deadly a powerful offensive Pokemon can be. When your opponent has the upper hand offensively, Walls can help protect you until you can create an opening and strike back yourself. Skarmory, Weezing and Forretress are good Physical Walls, and Blissey and Regice are examples of Special Walls. Some Pokemon can cover both defenses reasonably well - examples are Suicune, Umbreon and Cresselia. Note that some Walls like to use VERY annoying movesets that will make you want to punch your opponent in the face.

- PHazer. An extension of the Wall, in a way - not only does it take hits, but it prevents the opponent from using stat-boosting moves. Haze outright removes all stat changes, and Roar/Whirlwind forces a switch, effectively doing the same as Haze in the process. As mentioned earlier, Skarmory, Weezing and Suicune are the most common PHazers.

- Spiker. Any Pokemon that uses anything out of Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock. Basically designed to punish the opponent if they keep switching constantly, by either damaging them or poisoning them in the case of Toxic Spikes. A Spiker would help you a lot since if a Pokemon with a Focus Sash switches into Stealth Rock, the Sash is immediately made useless since they're no longer at 100% HP when they get hit by your attack. Skarmory and Forretress are good Spikers, although technically anyone with good defenses that learns Stealth Rock can do the job.

- Spinner. Any Pokemon that has Rapid Spin. Designed to protect you from a Spiker - if your opponent has put down any Spikes, Toxic Spikes or set Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin removes them, simple as that. Forretress, Starmie and Claydol are good Spinners.

Going by your movesets, you seem to have a good idea of what you're doing, so you should probably be able to find someone to fill each role with little difficulty.

What we have here is a failure to communicate.
I think I should point out that Ice Shard is a priority attack: This means you CAN'T outspeed it, Devastator.

AlsoWas the first Ice Shard that I bolded supposed to be Ice Punch?
And his Ninjask build mirrors the one I had: Between Protect and Subs, you won't get hit by anything non-priority.. Ice Punch won't be a threat, in other words XP

Yes I may not be able to outspeed it but protect is also a priority move also then if ice shard is used just switch out. For my Garchomp well I'm not sure about him

Also King of Lucario, This is only a start I"m currently catching some pokemon to breed and add new attachments to my team. I am also breeding a Shuckle and for the Ninjask, I have already planned out if a taunt is used on him. Shuckle will be both a mixed sweeper and wall. I wint tell you how but It will work.

But if you switch out, you lose your boosts. Protect give you one turn of protection. And after that, you have to switch into either 'Vire or Metagross. And if you loose both of them, and Weavile will run rampent through your team, or anything else with an Ice move.

My suggestion, get someone else who can take an Ice Move.

Yes I know. As I said before I am breeding Shuckle and other various pokemon to help me with walling. That was a team I put togethor from my friends eggs that he knew were going to have good stats.

OK, I have finally uploaded new pokemon form my emerald game pack, here is my newer team. (Still adding Shuckle, breeding isnt in favor right now :-\ and taking out Garchomp)

Electivire@ Expert Belt
Adamant
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Brick Break

Togekiss@ Scope Lens
Modest
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball
-Psycho Shift

Salamence@ Lum Berry
Adamant
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Gengar@ Sitrus Berry
Modest
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast

Shuckle@ Chesto Berry
Serious
-Bug Bite
-Toxic
-Rest
-Stealth Rock

Forretress@ Focus Sash
Bold
-Toxic Spikes
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Explosion

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Everything's definitely balanced out a bit more now XD
Shuckle is much better off without a damaging attack unless you give it accupressure.

Shuckle@Leftovers
Sassy/Careful/Calm or Relaxed/Bold/Impish
-Wrap/Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Protect/Rest
-Encore

EVs
Special Defense Nature
252 HP, 240 Defense, 16 Special Defense
Defense Nature
252 HP, 16 Defense, 240 Special Defense

Yes, this does leave it open to taunt, but an attacking, taunted Shuckle is only better than a struggling one because you're not killing yourself. You still won't be doing more damage than leftovers can heal and would be better off switching anyway.

Wrap will trap foes to be toxic stalled while adding to the stall damage, while Stealth Rock provides support that teams love.
Toxic is the primary attack on this set. Slowly drain down opponents while restoring your HP
Protect gives you a free turn to leftovers recover, while stalling for a toxic/wrap on your opponent.
Rest leaves you unable to attack for a couple of turns, but provides insurance against being poisoned/Burned or otherwise.
Encore PHazing attack for anything you can't poison. Encore trap them with whatever move they set up with. Really helpful if someone tries to get off a STAB'd steel attack on you, since Steel has such horrible coverage. Also prevents you from being entirely walled by something with substitute.

The only thing really threatening to OHKO Forretress is a fire attack.. So I'd suggest an Occa Berry as well as Special Defense/HP training to go with the Bold Nature... It'd leave you open to fire, but Light Clay will also greatly benefit your team with that Forretress.

Gengar will often not live long enough for Sitrus to activate... and when it does, it's almost certain that it won't be able to live through another hit even with the HP recovery. Since your Forretress won't be holding it anymore, throw the Focus Sash here.
Throwing Curse or Destiny Bond on Gengar will catch someone using Sucker Punch especially off guard with the Focus Sash.. Given Gengar's speed, If they aren't using priority, you can still go first and get a cheap kill with Destiny Bond.
I mention Curse too because it can provide setup for the next pokemon out. It's either start taking massive damage, or switch and allow a free turn for them to set up. Bringing out Salamence with a Dragon dance would be excellent here.

OK, Hey people. I've been doing some more breeding and trying new strategies and various Pokemon to see what I can use to my advantage and what I just can't make work. I've upgraded my team very much, now plaese rate and comment on this team.

Voltage@Expert Belt (Electivire)
Adamant
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Cross Chop
-Earthquake

Reaper@Wise Glasses (Houndoom)
Modest
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot
-Toxic

SkyTank@Chesto Berry (Skarmory)
(Dont remember Nature)
-Brave Bird
-Spikes
-Rest
-Whirlwind

More coming, still breeding the rest........

Obviously, you can't read colldude97. He did put the Pokemon species name in. Obviously, you're oblivious to things in brackets.

Oh yeah. Lock'd since the user is banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.