• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Database plays Pokémon! Shock!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Anyway, snarkiness aside, I'm training up a team, hopefully, in Diamond for the Elite 4 onwards. I won't be EV training or battling competitively, most likely, but I may have a kickabout every now and again with my friends, so I'll try to follow all relevant clauses even if I don't really need to.

Jolteon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
Volt Absorb
-Thunderbolt
-Substitute
-Agility
-Baton Pass

Snorlax @ ?
Brave Nature
Immunity
-Curse
-Rest
-Body Slam
-Crunch

Poliwrath @ ?
Quiet Nature
Water Absorb
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Brick Break
-Hypnosis

Gardevoir @ Salac Berry
Modest Nature
Synchronise/Trace
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Substitute
-Psychic

Marowak @ Thick Club
Brave Nature
Rock Head
-Aerial Ace
-Bonemerang
-Flamethrower
-Brick Break

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
Snow Cloak
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Destiny Bond

Be nice, this is the first time I've built a team xD

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Generally very good. A few things to note:

- Jolteon with Subs and Baton Pass would love to have a Pinch Berry of some sort since it can pass the boost from that too - Marowak would love to receive a Liechi Berry boost along with some Agility boosts. Also, Timid is a better Nature than Impish, since Impish boosts Jolteon's terrible Defense (which is beyond help to be honest) and dents his good Sp.Attack stat, which you don't really want.

- Snorlax would love Jolteon's Leftovers. Other than that, Snorlax is fine.

- With a Quiet Nature, Poliwrath with a Quick Claw would be fun to use, since it gives a chance to offset your lowered Speed entirely and surprise the opponent.

- For Marowak, drop Flamethrower for either Stone Edge or Rock Slide - Marowak's Base 50 Sp.Attack makes Flamethrower pretty weak, and a Rock-type physical attack would let you punish Flying-types who otherwise resist your main STAB attack, Bonemerang. Also, if you have access to Platinum tutors, Ice Punch is a deadly move to have.

That's all there is for me to say, see what other people say too.

Marowak also has other moves, the other Elemental Punches and Double-Edge for outright attacking. And Swords Dance can be used too. I really don't want to face a Marowak after it has used Swords Dance.

Wise Glasses for Poliwrath, maybe? Either that, or generic Leftovers.

I'd also say that I would prefer Thick Fat over Immunity on Snorlax, but that's only my opinion.