• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Darkest Nights (Survival/Horror Themed RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
You know what's been missing from not only this site, but (possibly) your life as well?
Horror-themed roleplays. That's right, and none of that zombie survival crap, that's Action/Horror (unless we're talking TWD, but that's Drama/Horror), for this roleplay, we're targeting a very specific breed of the horror genre. You ever play Silent Hill? Maybe you've watched Sweet Home, or The Mist. This roleplay aims to combine elements from not only survival horror, but also psychological horror. I hope you'll join me on this adventure, which will be condensed and contained to a specific location in order to avoid an overabundance of story. Lore isn't relevant either, but you yourself can design some along the way.
I'm sure you're eager to know now the world I have designed as your sandbox- a sandbox in which you might not survive.

Miami Florida, Palm Beach Apartment Complex - June 14th, 2012
The hottest day recorded in Florida this year. The pools were full with children playing, teens trying to get one another's attention, and adults lounging around getting that weekly tan. Nobody would have thought it'd happen on such a nice day like this. The sun beating down on us all, reflecting brilliantly off of the ocean waves. If one thought the pool was crowded, the beach was practically a stampede. Thousands of people in a shouting collective made a vocal ocean that mimicked the sea, and could be heard from Palm Beach Apartments.

You've never heard of this place? Not surprising, all things considered. It was only us that were affected by this, and the whole world just seemed to forget we existed. Fathers forgot their daughters, wives forgot their husbands, so on and so forth.
It wasn't until the darkness fell that we all knew something was terribly wrong. In an instant, the sun just... disappeared out of the sky. The clouds, the baby blue blanket above us? Gone as well. There weren't even any stars, it was as though the entire heavens had been smothered in a blank, empty void. Cries of panic went out as the residents of Palm Beach Apartments scrambled about, everyone believing they'd gone blind- until small sources of light began cropping up all around, everyone pulling out their phones. Fortunately, nobody drowned in the pools during the confusion and panic, but that was overlooked. The wind, the birds, the smell of the ocean, the sound of its roaring waves, all gone as well. It was as though the apartment complex had been transported into space- which would have been believable if not for the lack of stars.

The level-headed people took charge, ordering everyone to return to their rooms while security got together to figure out what was going on. Reluctantly and fearfully, the residents abided by this, and the rooms were filled with people once more.
Without the sun, a coldness began to fall on the hottest day of 2012 in Florida. So cold, in fact, that a blanket of snow began to drift out of the empty sky, not merely snow however. Mingled with ash from places unknown, the pools, the sidewalks, the streets, and the apartments began to layer with the ash-snow.
Power still works- for now, somehow, but it's only a matter of time before something even worse begins to take place. There's already talk of walking shadows, bumps in the night, whispers in ears... either everyone is going insane, or we're not alone here.
The one thing on everyone's minds is simple; when will this nightmare end?

What we didn't realize was that this was only the beginning.

Was that a good hook? I hope so, because this idea (while relatively small) is quite ambitious. Now, I should probably set some ground rules right off the bat;

1) Follow standard Pokécharms rules, of course. If you don't know them, they're super easy to find.
2) ONE character to begin with. I've created the rule with a lot of things in mind, like a way for you to test the waters of the roleplay and see if you want to stick around. That way, if you decide to drop out, your character can be killed off easily, or if you want to stay, you will be granted permission to create more characters. There's hundreds of people in these apartments, so until we get to a point where there's been a lot of death, there's plenty of room for OC's.
3) The creatures encountered will all be unique, there is no base form like a zombie or the likes. Creatures will be formed from a combination of the survivor's deepest, darkest desires, as well as any physical ailments they possess. For example, if an anorexic woman with a deep desire for love were to be turned into a creature... well, there's plenty of different outcomes, creativity is encouraged here. One version could be a thin, spindly, spider-like creature with the ability to use an alluring voice to entice victims to her, or perhaps cry to attract sympathetic victims. The list goes on but hopefully you get the idea. Every creature is unique, none will be the same.
4) No OP anime-protagonists, I don't care how much time your character was trained by their sensei and fought in a dozen wars, the creatures are designed to kill humans. Plot armor is almost non-existent here, but I'll let you know through DMs if a situation you face could result in your character's demise (unless you want them to die, then they die).
5) Please keep the environment safe and comfortable. Use this chat only for discussion concerning the roleplay. If this gains enough traction, I will make a Discord server for it in order for more efficient conversations concerning the roleplay- or to just hang out in general.
6) This roleplay is definitely rated M for Mature, because on top of obvious cursing, there's going to be graphic depictions of violence, and implications of other stuff. If that makes you uncomfortable, this roleplay isn't for you- or you can do your best to power through and aim to end the bad stuff in any way humanly possible. Obviously no sexual stuff, that would break the 'Charms rules. Innuendos and implications can slide, but don't you dare go in detail.
7) Above all, make sure you're having fun. Roleplays are supposed to be fun, and if a roleplayer isn't enjoying the story then that's a sure sign changes need to be made. So if you're unhappy with something, let me know, and I'll do what I can to re-engage you in the story.

With all of that out of the way, and if you're still sticking with me, then that's a sure sign you're ready to make yourself a character, so now I will provide you with a sheet;

Name/Age:
Gender/Sexuality:
Religion/Ethnicity:
Darkest Desires:
Personality:
Backstory:
Appearance:

If you're having difficulty making your sheet, here's mine for an example;

Name/Age: Tokko Jung-Min / 28
Gender/Sexuality: Male / Bisexual
Religion/Ethnicity: Agnostic / Korean
Darkest Desires: For the world to disappear, and leave him alone to do as he pleases, no matter how inhumane or horrific his desire may be.
Personality: Jung-Min is rather timid, shying away from conflict at every opportunity. He prefers to keep to himself and keep quiet, with no desire or urge to be social or interact with others. He hates his part-time job as a cashier, and would much rather shut himself in his room and write his stories.
Backstory: He's been a failed author since he graduated from high school. His life was on the road to success but he let it all slip through his fingers. Now he's been living in the same apartment for five years, trying to write stories that will sell, but ultimately meeting no success. He makes ends meet with his part-time job, and all of his free time is spent either writing or reading. As far as family or relationships go, that's something he refuses to talk about, if you even get him talking.
Appearance: If you don't feel like describing your character, feel free to draw one, or find a pic off the internet, or do what I did and make a picrew.

That's everything out of the way. Thank you for your interest, and I hope you'll join me on this ambitious journey into the unknown.

Roleplay Thread

Darkest Nights - Discord Server

Last edited:
Name/Age: Annie Watanabe / 17

Gender/Sexuality:
Female / Asexual

Religion/Ethnicity:
Atheist / Japanese

Student

Darkest Desires:
For someone to love, Annie may never act upon it, but deep down she just wants someone to spend her life with, even if it means being against that person's will.

Personality:
At times Annie can be creative or crafty, she likes music and actually owns a violin her brother gave to her, Annie is a tad bit too kind hence why children like her, she always says hello to other people and is always polite, but deep down she has a more darker imagination than what she seems, and will appear heartless in a situation that involves her own life.

Backstory:
Annie was bullied as a child, she never knew why or how she would cry from all of it, it was just pointless insults that weren't even true, her brother always protected her, but now that they don't live in the same house, Annie always feels paranoid. Now she's been living in the same apartment for two years, going to a school nearby and being a model student.

Appearance:
Annie.png

https://picrew.me/image_maker/597326 (희귤 픽크루)

comic

Name/Age: Annie Watanabe / 17

Gender/Sexuality:
Female / Asexual

Religion/Ethnicity:
Atheist / Japanese

Student

Darkest Desires:
For someone to love, Annie may never act upon it, but deep down she just wants someone to spend her life with, even if it means being against that person's will.

Personality:
At times Annie can be creative or crafty, she likes music and actually owns a violin her brother gave to her, Annie is a tad bit too kind hence why children like her, she always says hello to other people and is always polite, but deep down she has a more darker imagination than what she seems, and will appear heartless in a situation that involves her own life.

Backstory:
Annie was bullied as a child, she never knew why or how she would cry from all of it, it was just pointless insults that weren't even true, her brother always protected her, but now that they don't live in the same house, Annie always feels paranoid. Now she's been living in the same apartment for two years, going to a school nearby and being a model student.

Appearance:
View attachment 872660

https://picrew.me/image_maker/597326 (희귤 픽크루)
Aye, nice. Annie is in. I'm excited to see how she would cope with, well, everything that's to come.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Name/Age: Matt Akio / 19

Gender/Sexuality: Male / Straight

Religion/Ethnicity: Christian / Japanese

Darkest Desires: To be with his biological family again, even killing anyone else just to get to them

Personality: He's a very quiet male, who seems like a doormat to others, Which he only talks if his opinion or ideas are needed. He has a lot of patience with people, and may seem like he would never get mad.

Backstory: When he was young, he was abandoned and put in an orphanage, getting adopted by a couple, who could not get pregnant. He was put into school, being bullied by his classmates because he was different from them since he was adopted. He got through middle school with the highest marks and became an engineer to make a variety of different thing that could help the world.

Appearance:
400146_qGf8Pa75.png

I really liked Sweet Home, and i think this would be a great RP, if it could begin.
Also big fan of Silent Hill, and The Mist. I like watching horror movies from time-to-time

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name/Age: Thea Hale/22
Gender/Sexuality: Female/Lesbian
Religion/Ethnicity: Atheist/American
Darkest Desires: For all the men of the world to die violent deaths and cease to exist.
Personality: Thea is very strong willed and mature, but she was abused as a child which is where her aphenphosmphobia arose from, she is afraid of any kind of touch both physical and emotional. She is a talented singer and loves nature and the ocean.
Backstory: Thea had a rough childhood which was filled with violence and abuse from the men of her family, her father, brother and uncle would beat her over the smallest things and treat her as they saw appropriate. Her mother had passed when she was young and her sister was very little so she bore the brunt of any abuse to protect her. This went until her sister was beaten to death by her father 4 years prior to the time of the roleplay, and this brought on the courage to report them. Her uncle and brother went to prison but her father resisted arrest and was shot after he pulled out a gun. She funnelled most of her pain into her singing career and became a global sensation overnight
Appearance:
download20210101075938.png
もっとももいろね式美少女メーカー|Picrew

comic

Name/Age: Matt Akio / 19

Gender/Sexuality: Male / Straight

Religion/Ethnicity: Christian / Japanese

Darkest Desires: To be with his biological family again.

Personality: He's a very quiet male, who seems like a doormat to others, Which he only talks if his opinion or ideas are needed. He has a lot of patience with people, and may seem like he would never get mad.

Backstory: When he was young, he was abandoned and put in an orphanage, getting adopted by a couple, who could not get pregnant. He was put into school, being bullied by his classmates because he was different from them since he was adopted. He got through middle school with the highest marks and became an engineer to make a variety of different thing that could help the world.

Appearance:
400146_qGf8Pa75.png

I really liked Sweet Home, and i think this would be a great RP, if it could begin.
Also big fan of Silent Hill, and The Mist. I like watching horror movies from time-to-time
Omg, this is third non-American character lmao. That's totally fine though, I don't mind it at all. I just thought it was funny, considering this is set at a Miami apartment complex.
Anyway, he's accepted!
Name/Age: Thea Hale/22
Gender/Sexuality: Female/Lesbian
Religion/Ethnicity: Atheist/American
Darkest Desires: For all the men of the world to die violent deaths and cease to exist.
Personality: Thea is very strong willed and mature, but she was abused as a child which is where her aphenphosmphobia arose from, she is afraid of any kind of touch both physical and emotional. She is a talented singer and loves nature and the ocean.
Backstory: Thea had a rough childhood which was filled with violence and abuse from the men of her family, her father, brother and uncle would beat her over the smallest things and treat her as they saw appropriate. Her mother had passed when she was young and her sister was very little so she bore the brunt of any abuse to protect her. This went until her sister was beaten to death by her father 4 years prior to the time of the roleplay, and this brought on the courage to report them. Her uncle and brother went to prison but her father resisted arrest and was shot after he pulled out a gun. She funnelled most of her pain into her singing career and became a global sensation overnight
Appearance:
View attachment 872700
もっとももいろね式美少女メーカー|Picrew
You sure join a lot of RPs, I hope you don't overexert yourself. Also, isn't this the same image you used for your Star Wars character?
Anyway, accepted as well.

Name/Age: Axel Gray/20
Gender/Sexuality: Male/Heterosexual
Religion/Ethnicity: Agnostic/Irish-American
Darkest Desires: Everyone else to go blind, so he could be the hero guiding them to safety.
Personality: For the most part, Axel keeps to himself. He’s quiet and often lost in thought, but rather devious when he pleases.
He tries his hardest to pull practical jokes on the few people closest to him, but they often end in failure.
In short, he’s a class clown that never had a chance to ‘clown around’- and that makes him feel...incomplete.
Backstory: Axel had a fairly normal childhood. He had a loving, supportive mother who was always there for him. To this day, the young man is closer to his mother than he is anyone else.
His father, though very loving, was rarely around due to his job taking him on the road so often.
So yes, as stated prior- Axel had a normal childhood. Playtime, schooling, rebellion, etc.
Only notable difference between Axels experience compared to others is...his lack of sight.
Axel was born completely blind, and because of this, has spent most of his life locked away inside the apartments with his mother.
He always had an outgoing personality, but was never able to express it how he wanted. Something was missing in Axel’s life, and he could tell.
Question is, if he couldn’t have vision- could something else fill that void...?

Appearance:
upload_2021-1-27_12-8-47.png

comic

Name/Age: Axel Gray/20
Religion/Ethnicity: Agnostic/Irish-American
Darkest Desires: Everyone else to go blind, so he could be the hero guiding them to safety.
Personality: For the most part, Axel keeps to himself. He’s quiet and often lost in thought, but rather devious when he pleases.
He tries his hardest to pull practical jokes on the few people closest to him, but they often end in failure.
In short, he’s a class clown that never had a chance to ‘clown around’- and that makes him feel...incomplete.
Backstory: Axel had a fairly normal childhood. He had a loving, supportive mother who was always there for him. To this day, the young man is closer to his mother than he is anyone else.
His father, though very loving, was rarely around due to his job taking him on the road so often.
So yes, as stated prior- Axel had a normal childhood. Playtime, schooling, rebellion, etc.
Only notable difference between Axels experience compared to others is...his lack of sight.
Axel was born completely blind, and because of this, has spent most of his life locked away inside the apartments with his mother.
He always had an outgoing personality, but was never able to express it how he wanted. Something was missing in Axel’s life, and he could tell.
Question is, if he couldn’t have vision- could something else fill that void...?

Appearance:
Nice. A blind man certainly has an advantage here, considering this void first acts to hinder the sight of their victims- something he's immune to. I like him.
He is le accepted.

Name/Age: Lizzie Fischer/ 19
Gender/Sexuality: Female/Straight
Religion/Ethnicity: Christian/German-American (was born in the US, but her parents are German immigrants)
Darkest Desires: For people to just leave her alone. That and to feel confident enough to tell people how she really thinks about them.
Personality: Lizzie is someone that hates confrontation, or talking to people in general. Although she is a Linguist, she focuses more on the grammatical reasonings and the way words are written. She hates communicating with others because she gets tangled on her words due to self esteem issues stemming from her childhood. She doesn't know what she should say, or even if what she said was the right thing to say. She often goes back on herself, repeating what she said in a better manner. This, however, often causes more problems. She keeps digging her social hole until there is no more escape.

However, she does have some good qualities. she is very imaginative and despite what success she would have in being a translator (as she has taught herself multiple languages), as decided to become a fantasy author, using the skills she had learned from other languages into her own. Though, another downside is that she doesn't have a back-up for if what she has chosen to do fails.

She also loves language and knows three while learning a fourth, the last of which doesn't have the same origins, making it much harder for her to learn. She has the belief that one never stops learning, and wants to do so for the rest of her life,
Backstory: Lizzie was born to two German immigrants and was taught at an early age the atrocities of WWII, her father wanting her to know exactly what happened to the Jewish people and why being German isn't something to be proud of, or even like. Because of this, Lizzie grew up with low self esteem and constantly doubts herself. Her parents also raised her to know German as well as English, being brought up in a bilingual household. This made her interested in other languages and paved her to learn multiple, including Spanish, Latin, and Mandarin (the last of which she is still learning).

Other than the incident where her dad taught her way too early about genocidal war crimes, Lizzie had a perfectly normal childhood. No one really bullied her, though she found it very hard to make friends due to her low self esteem about talking to others.
Appearance: Will write one later, but have a pic currently.

Sorry for the not-so-good bio....

comic

Name/Age: Lizzie Fischer/ 19
Gender/Sexuality: Female/Straight
Religion/Ethnicity: Christian/German-American (was born in the US, but her parents are German immigrants)
Darkest Desires: For people to just leave her alone. That and to feel confident enough to tell people how she really thinks about them.
Personality: Lizzie is someone that hates confrontation, or talking to people in general. Although she is a Linguist, she focuses more on the grammatical reasonings and the way words are written. She hates communicating with others because she gets tangled on her words due to self esteem issues stemming from her childhood. She doesn't know what she should say, or even if what she said was the right thing to say. She often goes back on herself, repeating what she said in a better manner. This, however, often causes more problems. She keeps digging her social hole until there is no more escape.

However, she does have some good qualities. she is very imaginative and despite what success she would have in being a translator (as she has taught herself multiple languages), as decided to become a fantasy author, using the skills she had learned from other languages into her own. Though, another downside is that she doesn't have a back-up for if what she has chosen to do fails.

She also loves language and knows three while learning a fourth, the last of which doesn't have the same origins, making it much harder for her to learn. She has the belief that one never stops learning, and wants to do so for the rest of her life,
Backstory: Lizzie was born to two German immigrants and was taught at an early age the atrocities of WWII, her father wanting her to know exactly what happened to the Jewish people and why being German isn't something to be proud of, or even like. Because of this, Lizzie grew up with low self esteem and constantly doubts herself. Her parents also raised her to know German as well as English, being brought up in a bilingual household. This made her interested in other languages and paved her to learn multiple, including Spanish, Latin, and Mandarin (the last of which she is still learning).

Other than the incident where her dad taught her way too early about genocidal war crimes, Lizzie had a perfectly normal childhood. No one really bullied her, though she found it very hard to make friends due to her low self esteem about talking to others.
Appearance: Will write one later, but have a pic currently.

Sorry for the not-so-good bio....
Looks grande. Now that we have plenty of people to kick us off, I'll get to work on starting the rp asap, though I'm a bit busy atm so it may take a fat minute, bear with me.
I'll leave this open so that more people can join, as I said before the cast is expansive enough for new people until a certain point.

Ooh, sounds interesting.

Name/Age: Marcus Svensson/24
Religion/Ethnicity: Atheist/Swedish
Darkest Desires: To have control over everyone and everything.
Personality: A psychopath, through and through. He is intelligent, and seemingly charming and kind to strangers, but when people get to know him they usually start seeing his ugly side. He is a manipulative, persuasive, deceitful control-freak, and has no problem doing anything to get what he wants. He has tried, but is always unsuccessful when it comes to forming meaningful relationships.
Backstory: Svensson has lived in Sweden for most of his life, but moved to America when he was 23 years old so he could attend Columbia Law School. He was always alone as a child, and the first signs of his psychopathy started showing when he was 8 years old, after being seemingly unfaced by the fact that his grandmother had passed away. His parents worried a bit, but they didn't take him to a psychologist until he was 14 years old, having been unsuccessful with most of his relationships. There they found out that he was showing signs of psychopathy. His dad took the news terribly, and after falling into deep depression, hung himself four years later. That was one of the few times that Marcus had actually showed his emotions, even if it was just in the form of a single tear. Five years later Marcus moved to America, leaving his mother and sister alone.
Appearance: Marcus is generally considered pretty attractive. Short, left parted, blond hair. He is tanned, and has a well-built body with broad shoulders and muscular arms. He usually dresses in a bright t-shirt, a pair of jeans and a pair of black sneakers. He wears a necklace with a small diamond that he stole from one of his "friends."

Last edited:
Psychopaths can feel emotions, they just don't feel the same way we do. They do love their friends, family, and pets. They just don't show it the same way we do. They have a harder time connecting to people, and sometimes that repressed lonelieness is expressed through viloence and, well, killer stuff.

comic

Ooh, sounds interesting.

Name/Age: Marcus Svensson/24
Religion/Ethnicity: Atheist/Swedish
Darkest Desires: To have control over everyone and everything.
Personality: A psychopath, through and through. He is intelligent, and seemingly charming and kind to strangers, but when people get to know him they usually start seeing his ugly side. He is a manipulative, persuasive, deceitful control-freak, and has no problem doing anything to get what he wants. He has tried, but is always unsuccessful when it comes to forming meaningful relationships.
Backstory: Svensson has lived in Sweden for most of his life, but moved to America when he was 23 years old so he could attend Columbia Law School. He was always alone as a child, and the first signs of his psychopathy started showing when he was 8 years old, after being seemingly unfaced by the fact that his grandmother had passed away. His parents worried a bit, but they didn't take him to a psychologist until he was 14 years old, having been unsuccessful with most of his relationships. There they found out that he was showing signs of psychopathy. His dad took the news terribly, and after falling into deep depression, hung himself four years later. That was one of the few times that Marcus had actually showed his emotions, even if it was just in the form of a single tear. Five years later Marcus moved to America, leaving his mother and sister alone.
Appearance: Marcus is generally considered pretty attractive. Short, left parted, blond hair. He is tanned, and has a well-built body with broad shoulders and muscular arms. He usually dresses in a bright t-shirt, a pair of jeans and a pair of black sneakers. He wears a necklace with a small diamond that he stole from one of his "friends."
Looks good- we were missing out on people like this too. You can join the Discord server if you want, it'll be easier to communicate and familiarize yourself there.

Name/Age: Arthur "Pinch" Almio/ 23
Gender/Sexuality: Male/ Straight
Religion/Ethnicity: Atheist/ Mexican-American
Darkest Desires: To be the undeniable best at everything, and have every single person admire and praise him as if he couldn't make a mistake- he wants to be treated like a God
Personality: Pinch is very much a swing first, think later type of person. His reflexes are surprisingly well refines, but he has the instinctive reasoning of a child. His ignorance of possible consequences tend to get the young man in trouble, he also has a tendency to not learn his lesson the first time through. Quick to anger and overly-pugnacious, Pinch can come off as one of two ways- a complete asshole, or an insecure kid. Frankly, he's not the smartest guy around- it becomes apparent if you try to engage him in anyway other than physically- and he's fairly away of this fact, of course he denies it. Pinch views pretty much everything as a competition, and he hates losing, making him hard to get along with, but his athletic prowess can make him rather useful. Past his obnoxious nature, Pinch is sort of good to have around for moral, his cocky nature is almost comedic, but he has no trouble getting a depressed room of losing teammates to laugh. It's hard to break his spirit, and he tends to bounce back harder when pushed down. Pinch carries that sort of "I don't need friends" attitude, but he also hates being my himself and will cling to anyone who shows him the slightest bit of acceptance.
Backstory: Arthur grew up in Southern-California, the youngest of 7 kids. Even as a kid, Arthur had a need for being on top and the center of attention. It was quickly made obvious that the boy wasn't going to be academically successful, so he spent most of his teenage years getting into trouble. Regardless of whether or not he won the fight, Arthur found that he was only ever praised by kids for his actions- he wanted a larger audience. He first started baseball in his sophomore year of high school, where he wasn't much good at anything besides hitting the ball and running. That's where he got the nickname "Pinch", because he was the team's pinch hitter, he ditched his first name after being told that it was lame and nerdy- and now hates being referred to by it. Pinch's life grew around baseball, he dedicated hours each day, and despite nearly failing school he made it to a D1 college where he plays now. Pinch dreams of not just playing major league, but being the best and strongest player ever- he wants the whole world to cheer for him.
Appearance:
1fuHaTv.png

comic

Name/Age: Arthur "Pinch" Almio/ 23
Gender/Sexuality: Male/ Straight
Religion/Ethnicity: Atheist/ Mexican-American
Darkest Desires: To be the undeniable best at everything, and have every single person admire and praise him as if he couldn't make a mistake- he wants to be treated like a God
Personality: Pinch is very much a swing first, think later type of person. His reflexes are surprisingly well refines, but he has the instinctive reasoning of a child. His ignorance of possible consequences tend to get the young man in trouble, he also has a tendency to not learn his lesson the first time through. Quick to anger and overly-pugnacious, Pinch can come off as one of two ways- a complete asshole, or an insecure kid. Frankly, he's not the smartest guy around- it becomes apparent if you try to engage him in anyway other than physically- and he's fairly away of this fact, of course he denies it. Pinch views pretty much everything as a competition, and he hates losing, making him hard to get along with, but his athletic prowess can make him rather useful. Past his obnoxious nature, Pinch is sort of good to have around for moral, his cocky nature is almost comedic, but he has no trouble getting a depressed room of losing teammates to laugh. It's hard to break his spirit, and he tends to bounce back harder when pushed down. Pinch carries that sort of "I don't need friends" attitude, but he also hates being my himself and will cling to anyone who shows him the slightest bit of acceptance.
Backstory: Arthur grew up in Southern-California, the youngest of 7 kids. Even as a kid, Arthur had a need for being on top and the center of attention. It was quickly made obvious that the boy wasn't going to be academically successful, so he spent most of his teenage years getting into trouble. Regardless of whether or not he won the fight, Arthur found that he was only ever praised by kids for his actions- he wanted a larger audience. He first started baseball in his sophomore year of high school, where he wasn't much good at anything besides hitting the ball and running. That's where he got the nickname "Pinch", because he was the team's pinch hitter, he ditched his first name after being told that it was lame and nerdy- and now hates being referred to by it. Pinch's life grew around baseball, he dedicated hours each day, and despite nearly failing school he made it to a D1 college where he plays now. Pinch dreams of not just playing major league, but being the best and strongest player ever- he wants the whole world to cheer for him.
Appearance:
1fuHaTv.png
nice. welcome aboard, my friend. feel free to join the discord server.

Status
Not open for further replies.