• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Cynthia does not battle

I am playing Pokémon Black, which I have completed. I have defeated Cynthia once and re-battled her last month so I know I can face her. I am also told that she can be battled daily in spring and summer. The problem is, it is summer, she is in the villa, she will talk to me but she will not battle me. I have tried this over several days. I have made sure not to mess with the time and date settings. But all she will do is talk and will not battle.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I have that same problem too. All of a sudden daily events just stopped working which essentially halted my level grinding on Morimoto, Cynthia, and the Rivals. I think it might be some kind of glitch.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
At some point you've likely played the game on a different system (ie: playing it on a 3DS after playing it on a DS Lite).

Have the game running when it changes to a new day (11.59pm -> 12.00am), then save and that will reset the daily events. Probably best to not mess around with the clock to do this as this may trigger the game's automatic blocking of the time based flags.

Moromito and all other daily events still work as usual. And I have been playing everything through midnight, but you may be right about some sort of locking thing.
Just before I got dreamworld working by finally connected online, it took a few days for the ability to put a pokémon back to sleep to reset which happened because I was trading over stuff from HGSS so I had put my Black game in another DS, but both DS consoles we have are lite not a 3DS.