• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Create Your Own Moves or Items

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
item name: Super Lens
description: Gives holder 100% accuracy
I can't express how thankful I am that an item like that DOESN'T exist... >>
Horn Drill and Sheer Cold would wipe out most of your team if it did.
other than that Hypnosis can be on fast pokemon and would now never miss

not exactly a new item, but I wish Berserk Gene hadn't been taken out

Berserk Gene
Sharply raises attack at the beginning of battle, but also confuses the holder

Toxic Claw
Badly poisons the holder and adds a 20% chance of badly poisoning to physical attacks

Similar to Toxic Orb, it would either change the effect of an attack to accommodate the poison, or work similarly to Kings Rock, and only add the effect to attacks that don't have one attacks. Would have its best use with attacks like Fury Swipes and Icicle spear and also on unaffected Poison and Steel types.

Flash Powder
Sharply lowers the foes accuracy if hit with a fire type attack, but the attack will do 20% more damage. also sharply lowers your accuracy if -you- use a fire attack first.

Just something random I thought up, not any major use for it really XD

Thunder Bash:physical
Type:Electric
Power:85
Accuracy:95
Status?:15%Paralyze

Dragon Orb:projectile
Type:Dragon
Power:100
Accuracy90
Status?:20%Chance Speed Reduction

I made these up last night working on my fanmade region, Keoda.

I"ve got some moves and items

Moves:
name: Final blast
type: ?
Power: 200
Accuracy: 50
PP:1
Description: the user hits a blast at the foe but knocks out the user even if it misses
Pokemon that can use this move: arceus,Ho-oh,Mewtwo and Lucario

Name:Final fury
Type ?
Power: 95
Accuracy: 100
PP:1
Description: the user rams into the foe with it's head to cause damage to the foe
Pokemon that can use this move: all pokemon

Items:
name: Smash ball
Fling power: 100
Description: a hard ball with a few cracks on it

TM 90 Final fury and TM 80 Final Blast

Name: Mutant Beam
Type: Poison
Power: 70
Accuracy: 5
PP: 10
Description: User fires a strange sludge causing severe damage to the foe yet is very inaccurate. May cause poison to both the user and the target.

Move Name: Death Void
Move Type: Dark
Power: 1 Hit KO
Accuracy: 30
PP: 5
Description: The user sends the foe to a dark abyss never to return.

Move Name: Shining Light
Move Type: Steel
Power: 100
Accuracy: 70
Description: The user summons a huge ball of light and throws it at the foe. May lower the foes Defense and Special Defense.

Move Name: Rock Barrage
Move Type: Rock
Power: 120
Accuracy: 65
Description: The user pummels the foe with a barrage of boulders. Must recharge next turn.

Move Name: Death Segment
Accuracy: 30
Description: The user stores up energy for 2 turns. Than the user charges to the foe with full force. If used in succession the user also faints.

These are the moves I would make...I like moves with a twist or an effect for both users.

Quick question - why use rock barrage when there's Rock Wrecker?

TailSmash
Electric
Pwr: 100
Acc: 95
Description: Charges the tail before smashing it into the opponent with musclular power.
Pkmn that can learn it: Raichu, Electrive ...(More electric types), Arcanine, etc.
Note: I know it should be normal, but I imagine it as more of a sizzle-ish move.

Hmmm someone created Rock Wrecker?

Edit: I don't think it matters...these are just moves I would create. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's what the thread is about right?

Thought of another.

Move Name: Heavenly Storm
Power: 150
Accuracy: 75
Description: Huge chunks of steel rain from the heavens causing massive damage to the user and foe. May cause flinching.

No I was just curiouse to see if I was wrong.

Move Name: black thunder
Move Type: dark
Power: 180
Accuracy: 60
Description: hits the foe with an invisible thunder of darkness, may lower attack or heighten attack depending on pokemon type

Move Name: power grid
Move Type: electric
Description: traps the foe in a grid of electricity, can only be trapped for 3 turns maximum

Move Name: hit and run
Move Type: normal
Power: 50
Accuracy: 90
PP: 15
Description: hits the foe and runs away if it's wild, it its a trainer battle, simply does the damage

Item:
name: hard bean
Fling power: 90
Description: a bean that will heighten defense of a grass type by 10 points

Move Name: Sudden Death
Move Type: Ghost
Accuracy: 25
Description: The user turns the screen all black and slashes the foe with claws, teeth, etc.

Move Name: Flame Barrier
Move Type: Fire
Power: --
Description: The user puts up a fire barrier. Any foe using psysical attacks takes damage from the barrier. May also cause burn.

Move Name: Aqua Bubble
Move Type: Water
Accuracy: --
Description: a magic bubble encases you and turns you opponents move in to health. electric types move do double damage though.

Move Name: sonic boom
Move Type: ???
Power: 75 /--
Description: for flying types: the user breaks the sound barrier and attacks first, also increase speed.
for all other types: the user emits a load noise that lowers both defense and special defence by two levels.

Move Name: Land Destruction
Move Type: Ground
Description: The user traps the foe between jagged rocks. Whenever the foes attack with psysical attacks it gets hurt. May also cause flinch.

Move Name: Venom Ball
Move Type: Poison
Description: The user builds venom in it's mouth for 1 turn. It shoots it at the foe at incredible speed. May cause Poison.

Move Name: Lightning Screen
Move Type: Electric
Description: The user puts up a wall of electricity. If the foe uses a psysical attack the foe takes damage. May cause Paralysis.

Move Name:Drown Forever
Type:pychic
Power:50
Acuuracy:100
Description: Makes the foe think its drowning for three turns while it slowly loses 50 hp. If foe lives after three turns the foe immeditaly becomes paralyzed.

Item Name:Staby Thing
Descrition: Every time your pokemon gets attacked your opponent loses 3/4 (75%) of their hp.

Ooooh I want to try ! :D Hmmmm.....

Move Name:Boil Up
Move Type:Fire
Accuracy:100
PP:5
Description:The user burns the foe with an intense fire. 75% chance of getting burned.

Move Name:Disease Punch
Move Type:poison
Power:40
PP:20
Description:The user lightly punches the foe with its knuckles,fiulled with germs and viruses that causes sickness. 30% chance of getting badly poisoned.

Move Name:Baby Headbutt
Move Type:Normal
Power:40
PP:15
Description:A move only learnable by Baby Pokemon (Pichu,Munchlax,etc.)

Move Name:Glass Slash
Move Type:psychic
Power:90
PP:10
Description:The user mysteriously creates a glass and slams it into the foe, breaking the glass and hurting the foe more.

Move Name:Lunar Slash
Move Type:Dark
Power:120
Accuracy:50
Description:The user gathers light from the moon and slashes the foe with it. Has 20% chance of healing the user.

Move name: Sour Scent
Type: Grass
PP: 20
Description: The user releases a foul smelling scent that lowers the opponents defense. Outside of battle it can be used to repel wild Pokémon.

Last edited by a moderator:
May as well take a shot...the following things go together rather well, and can be learned by anything with opposable limbs...and Gardevoir. Who already has limbs.

Moves:
Name:Salsa Step
Type:Fire
Acc.:100
Power:0
Desc.:The user invigoratingly dances recklessy to either sharply increase or sharply reduce Attack and Evasion.

Name Water Waltz
Type:Water
Desc.:The user carefully waltzes to either sharply increase or sharply reduce Defense and Special Defence.

Name:Forest Foxtrot
Type:Grass
Desc.:The user foxtrots around the opponent taking aim either to sharply increase or sharply reduce Accuracy and Special Defence.

Items:
Name:Reverse Mirror
Fling Power:0, heals target's health by 25%
Desc.:Mysterious mirror that reverses any status decreases.

P

Pokepok

Here are two moves:

Name: Cosmic Punch
Type: Psychic
Accuracy: 95
Power: 130
PP : 5
Description: A psychic- power-packed punch which lowers the special defence of the opponent.

Name: Dragon Sludge
Type: Dragon
Description: A mysterious sludge is hurled at the foe and has 70% chances to poison the it.

Oh man, I used to be working on this project where I gathered new attack concepts from Pokemon card listings online... Good times. Let's see if I remember a couple.

Derail
Type: Fighting
Power: -
PP: PP
Description: The user braces itself to receive a foe's incoming punch, kick, tackle, etc. and throws the foe off to the side at the moment of impact.
Effect: The user completely blocks one physical attack, which causes proportionately smaller damage to the attacker instead. Like Protect and other such moves, this attack's success rate greatly lowers with repeated use.

Mirror Shell
Type: Water
PP: PP
Description: The user's shell or armor takes on a metallic, reflective glint in anticipation of a foe's intangible attack.
Effect: The user completely blocks one special attack, which causes proportionately smaller damage to the attacker instead. Like Protect and other such moves, this attack's success rate greatly lowers with repeated use.

Listening to Down With the Sickness somehow inspired me for this one :p

Name: Sickness
Type: Normal
Accuracy: ---
Power: ---
Description: The user's Attack increases for the next five rounds while user's Accuracy drops.

(WHOOT! 500th post! I'm God(dess), and it happened in the last place I'd expected. I hardly ever visit here. :p)

move name:needle storm
move type: steel
power: - -
accuracy: 100
description: it rains needles for 3-5 turns

name: needle lightning
type: steel
power: 120
accuracy: 90
description: takes one turn to charge(except while needle storm is in effect) then blasts a solid bolt of lightning made of metal

I came up with a signature move for Gardevoir. (If Beedrill can have a signature, so can Gardevoir. D:< )

Name: Psydance
Power: N/A
Accuray: 90
Description: Gardevoir does a hypnotic dance that mixes up all the stats of the opponent's Pokemon.

Hey, I always planned some pokemon moves, but I never thought I'd get the chance to write them down somewhere! :D

Move name: Dragon Roar
Move type: Dragon
Accuracy: 80
Description: The user bellows impressivly at the foe. May cause flinching.

Move name: Acid Punch
Move type: Poison
Power: 80
PP: 20
Description: The user fills his fist with acid. May poison or burn the foe.

Item Name: Guardian Stone
Descrition: Raises all the stats of any Dragon/Steel Pokemon. Is is blue, but may have splashes of purple, yellow, red, and ice white.

Move name: Aliment Blast
Move type: ???
Description: Gives the foe random a aliment. 50% Chance of Paralizing, 25% Chance of Poison, 9% Chance of Freezing, 15% chance of Burning, 1% chance of Fainting.

lets see.......

Dragon Spirit
Accuracy:--
Always Hits. Dragon Type Moves power are doubled and Never miss.

Dragon Surge
Always hits. Very High Chance of Attack raising. (90%)

Dragon Cry
Restores All health for dragon types and raises all stats by 1 level

Dragon Cave
A Dragon tramples the field for 5 turns and takes half the current HPs the opponet pokemon have

Dragon Slice (Garchomp Only)
Never Misses. Raises Attack by 1 level after each attack. Always Strikes first

Items

Gabite Scale
pokemon holdong cannot be affected by status problems

Dragon Blade (Garchomp Only)
When held by Garchomp, its attack is upped 50% (goes over the wing thing on his arm)

Dragon Belt
Restores 25% of hp for dragon types. takes 50% hp from non dragon types

Cursed Belt
When a pokemon is sent out its hp is reduced to 1 point

Move name: Sorrow
Move type: Psychic
Description: The opponent becomes sad, lowering defense two stages. 50% chance of opponent not being able to attack.

Move name: Invisibility
Move type: Psychic
Description: The user becomes invisible, ensuring the miss of the opponent's two next moves.

Move name: High Voltage
Move type: Electric
Accuracy: 60
Description: The user hits with it's full strength. A 10% change for KOing the user himself and a 20% change for paralyzing foe.

Item: Steel Wool
Give it to a steel type pokemon, and, if it is hit by a fire attack, the opponent will recieve half the damage.
How to Get it: You can find it in caves.

Rainbow Palette
Give it to Smeargle and it will increase its attack by 50% (Only works on Smeargle)
How to get it: 10% chance a wild Smeargle will be holding it.

Destiny Desire
Type: Psychic
No power or acc.
it has the same effect as metronome

Power Flash
Type: Electric
Power: Random
Acc: 95
Class: Special
Des: A Flash that It's power can randomly be from 40-120

Focous Eye
Type: Fighting
No power or acc.
Raises Accuracy by one.

Force Slash
Type: Dark
Acc: 90
Class: Physical
A slash of gravity that has a 35% chance of the foe's defense an sp.defense by one.

This was made in total randomness.

Name: The Bum's Rush
Type: Dark
Description: This attack can only work if the opponent is currently affected by confusion, sleep, or paralysis.

Move name: Dark Resentment
Move type: Dark
Description: The user stares at the opponent(s) with a deep hatred. The next move, a dark attacks power is doubled.

Move name: Dark Fury
Move type: Dark
Power: 150
Description: The user hits the opponent with a powerful Dark Punch. If used on a dark type Pokemon it automatically misses.

Item: Unleashed Darkness
If given to a Dark Pokemon, it increases all dark attacks accuracy.
How to Get it: 15% chance of a Dark Pokemon holding it.

Move Name: Unleashed Power (Also known by its longer name, The Power of 3)
Learnable by any pokemon in a group of three: Giratina, Dialga and Palkia, Turtwig and evos, Chimchar and evos, Piplup and evos; Treecko and evos, Torchic and evos, Mudkip and evos; Chikorita and evos, Cyndaquil and evos, Totodile and evos; Charmander and evos, Squirtle and evos, Bulbasaur and evos; Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf; Regice, Regirock, and Registeel; Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza; Raikou, Entei, and Suicune; Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.
Power:150
Accuracy:90
Description: This move only works if the other 2 pokemon of its trio are in your party. (in order for Giratina to use the move, you must have Dialga and Palkia in your party) Groups are separated by ';'.

Move Name:Iron Needles
Learnable by: Anything that's a steel or part steel type and has fur.
PP:10
Power:75
Description:This move NEVER misses. It also hits 2-5 times.

Item Name: Tinted Belt
Effect: Increases power of 'Not very effective' moves by 20%

Item Name: Colour Band
Effect: Changes type of the user every time it's hit by an attack element other than its own (Identical to Colour Change)

Cause items that cause battling more interesting are awesome.

Move name:Divebomb
Learnable by:Tailow and Swellow, because they need a species-specific move.
Levels:Tailow level 37; Swellow level 43
PP:15
Accuracy:85
Description:A two turn attack with the first turn flying up to a great height, then diving down with incredible speed on the next turn. While in the sky, attacks like Aeroblast have a 50% chance of missing. On the turn that the pokemon attacks, the move goes first. If it misses, the pokemon takes damage.

Master's Belt
Effect: When given to a pokemon, when that pokemon is hit by a super effective attack, the damage is dropped by 20%

C

Celadon

Item name: Sludge of Destiny [ :p ]
Effect: A mysterious black semi-solid, which can increase the power of moves super-effective against the opponent by 60%, when held by a pokemon.

Name: Thunderstorm
Learnable by: All electric and part-electric types
Power: ---

Description: A powerful thunderstorm is summoned for 2-5 turns. Lightning will strike random pokemon in battle, including your pokemon, paralyzing them. Electric and water type moves are upped during the storm.

Item Name: Angel's Cloak
How to obtain: 10% chance wild Clefairys will be holding it.
Effect: Raises Evasiveness by 25%

Item Name: Infected disc
How to Obtain: In Caves
Effect: If given to a pokemon that has PokeRus, it extends the sickness.

Move Name: Eternal Darness
Power; Highest it can be
Accuracy: Highest it can be
Description: The screen turns black then your pokemon turns black and explodes. The other pokemon Turns to dust. (They come back if they survive)

Item Name: Dark scroll
Description: It is like calcium but it makes all your stats full for ever

[attachment deleted by admin]