• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Create Your Own Moves or Items

Here is a topic where you Pokemon Fans have a move or an item that you are just waiting for the Pokemon Game Creators to add into the game. Post your made up Pokemon items or moves as the following:

Moves:

Move Name:
Move Type:
Power;
Accuracy:
PP:
Description:

Ex:
Move: Status Blast
Type: Normal
Power:50
Accuracy: 100
PP: 10
Description: Type is originally Normal but when the Pokemon is inflicted with Burn, Poisoned, Paralyzed, etc., the power doubles and the type changes to that specific status type Burn (Fire), Poisoned (Poison), Paralyzed (Electric), etc.

Item:
Item Name:
Description:

Ex:
Item: Insomniac Powder
Description: If this item is held by a Pokemon that was hit by a Physical Move, then the attacker's Ability is changed into Insomnia.

-Sigh- This goes into the Poke'mon Chat, not the General Fiction; which is meant for fanfics. Locking then moving. Also a warning. Read the rules next time.​

Hmm...well lemme think...

Move Name:Rage Blast
Move Type:Normal
Power:85
Accuracy:75
PP:20
Description:This move only works if the opponent used Detect or Protect, explode in a fit of rage so that your attack power heightens in the next turn.

mmm...pretty random.

Move Name:Silent Leaf
Move Type:Grass
Power:???
Accuracy:90
PP:10
Description: Cut through the opponent without his realization. The damage is affected by the opponent's speed, if it is higher, the attack damage is greater.

A specific move for my Fakemon.

And some Specific items for my Fakemon.

Item Name:Rusty Sword
Description:The Pokemon's Attack is raised slightly

Item Name:Ancient Sword
Description:The Pokemon's Attack is raised highly, and the critical rate is increased

Item Name:Rusty Shield
Description:The Pokemon's Defense is raised slightly

Item Name:Ancient Shield
Description:The Pokemon's Defense is raised highly, the HP is slightly raised

Here's a few moves I invented for Gym TMs.

Move Name: Sticky Gunge
Move Type: Poison (Status)
Power: 0
Accuracy: 90
PP: 15
Description: The defending Pok

Move Name: Slash Arrow
Move Type: Electric (special)
Power: 40
PP: 30
Description: The user fires a blade of electrical energy that always strikes first

Move Name: Giga Bolt
Move Type: Electric (special)
Power: 140
PP: 5
Description: The foe is struck with a very powerful bolt of lightning. Lowers the user's Sp. Attack power by two stages.

Move Name: Power Surge
Move Type: Electric (Special)
Power: 150
Description: Unleashes a large burst of electrical discharge that causes the user to be unable to attack for the next turn.

Move Name: Laser Fence
Move Type: Electric (Status)
Accuracy: 0
PP: 20
Description: Surrounds the opponent's side of the field with a fence made laser beams. Causes damage when the foe switches Pokemon. The amount of damage that the laser fence causes is based on how weak or resistant the foe is to Electric-type moves (like Stealth Rock).

Item: Sleeping Powder
Description: If this item is held by a Pokemon that was hit by a Physical Move, then the attacker's Ability is changed into Insomnia.

Why would Sleeping Powder give the attacker immunity to Sleep? Shouldn't it, I dunno, put them to sleep?

Anyway, my suggestions:

Move Name: Shadow Dance
Move Type: Ghost (Physical)
Power: 90
Description: Charges for one turn before attacking. What happens while charging depends on the type of the user. When used outside of battle, it allows the user to "warp" between deep shadows.
-Ghost: User becomes invisible for one turn, preventing attacks from hitting.
-Dark: Raises user's accuracy and move's type changes to Dark.
-Psychic: Foe becomes Confused and move's type changes to Psychic.
-Poison: Increases critical hit rate, move's type changes to Poison and has a 20% chance of Poisoning the target.
-Others: Raises user's Evasion one stage

Move Name: Eternal Sleeper
Move Type: Dark (Physical)
Power: 60
Description: If used on the same turn the user awakens from Sleep, this attack does double damage.

Move Name: Omega Beam
Move Type: Normal (Special)
Power: 200
Accuracy: 60
Description: A more powerful version of Hyper Beam with higher energy demands. Requires a one-turn charge to use. After that, user's ability changes to Truant.

Item Name: Valium Spike
Description: When held in battle, physical attacks against the holder have a 20% chance of changing the aggressor's ability to Truant.

Ya. I was kinda in a rush doin this since it was late at night. Ill change it. Now here are some others that I thought about on the spot.

Move Name: Toxic Spit
Move Type: Poison (Special)
Description: A poisonous saliva that is shot at the opponent's face and severly damages there sight that always strikes first, 20% of confusion

Move Name: Starlight
Move Type: Psychic (Special)
Description: Stars suddenly appear in the sky and send a beam of light to both Pokemon and all status problems are removed

Move Name: Fat Burn
Description: The Pokemon's fat is burned allowing it to move at a faster pace raising its Speed.

Move Name: Talon
Move Type: Flying (Physical)
Power: 75
Description: The Pokemon uses its extremely sharp claws to inflict serious damage to the opponent.

Move Name: Clear Sky (HM)
Description: This move clears any weather effects when walking around, in battle, all weather effects are cancelled for 5 turns.

Move Name: Shadow Cloak (I'll try to come up with a better name later)
Move Type: Ghost
Power: N/A
Description: Negates Miracle Eye, Forsight, and Odor Slueth and once again Dark types are immune to Psychic attacks and Ghost types to Fighting and Normal Attacks

Move Name: Lunarbeam
Move type: Hmmm. Maybe either Grass or Dark...(Special)
Power:120
Description: Almost the opposite of Solarbeam; gathers energy from the moon on the first turn and fires it at an opponent as a beam of light on the second turn; less powerful in the daytime (because after all, the moon is always there even in the daytime. The sun's light just blocks it out), no wait if used at night.

I was always bugged by the fact that the game treats snow and hail as the same thing. They are NOT. So I propose something different...

Move Name: Snowstorm (instead of Hail)
Move Type: Ice
Accuracy: N/A
Description: Causes a raging blizzard that last five turns; Ice type moves double in power and Blizzard always hits; Non-Ice type Pokemon will be damaged every turn.

With a Sandstorm, it says "'Non-steel, rock, or ground type Pokemon is buffeted by the Sandstorm'" With Snowstorm it'll say "'Non-Ice type Pokemon' is buffeted by the Snowstorm"

Item Name: Dizzy Dial
Fling Power: 30
Fling Effect: Confuses Opponent
Description: If the holder is hit with a direct attack, there's a 50% chance of the opponent becoming confused.

Item Name: Anti-Gravity Orb
Fling Power: 10
Description: Raises holder's speed and makes it immune to Ground-type moves.

Item Name:Shield Charm
Fling Power: 100
Description: Doubles the holder's Defense and SP Defense while halving the user's Speed. Speed reduction won't occur if the holder has a base Speed stat that's lower than 60.

Move Name: Recharge
Move Type: Electric (Status)
Description: Restores 50% of the user's max HP.

Move Name: Flame Ring
Move Type: Fire (Status)
Description: Restores HP every turn.

Move Name: Magma Shard
Move Type: Fire (Physical)
Description: The user fires a shard of molten rock that always strikes first.

Move Name: Flame Missile
Description: Shoots a powerful flaming missile. The user can't attack for the next turn.

Move Name: Signal Flare
Move Type: Fire (Special)
Description: Fires a bright red energy beam that has a 30% chance of causing the opponent to flinch.

Move Name: Ghost Wail
Move Type: Ghost (special)
Description: The user gives a out a loud, horrifying scream that lowers the user's Special Attack power by two stages.

Move Name: Undertaker
Move Type: Ghost (Physical)
Power: 1
Description: Gains power if the the user's HP is lower than the foe's HP.

Move Name: Reaper Strike
Move Type: Ghost (Psychical)
Power: 1
Description: Inflicts more damage when the user's HP is down.

Move Name: Ice Wrecker
Move Type: Ice (Physical)
Description: Fires a large chunk of ice at the foe. The user can't attack for one turn.

Move Name: Over-freeze
Move Type: Ice (Special)
Description: Unleashes a powerful icy blast. Drops the user's SP Attack power by two stages.

Move Name: Ice Tomb
Power: 50
Accuracy: 80
Description: Buries the foe with chunks of ice. 100% of lowering the foe's speed by one stage.

Alright, everyone know how there are moves that automatically Poison, or Prlz, or whatever? Well, is their one for Freezing? No! One for Burning? Nope!

Move Name:Flash Freeze
Move Type: Ice (Other)
Power: -N/A-
Description: Sends out a blast of freezing-cold ice at a high rate. Auto-Freeze.

Move Name: Kindle
Move Type: Fire (Other)
Description: Makes a sudden explosion of flames that burn the foe. Auto-Burn

Move Name: Star-Charge
Move Type: Psychic (Other)
Accuracy: -N/A-
Description: Gathers energies from the stars. Slightly raises Sp. Atk. (Special Attack x1.05)

Move Name: Cosmic Piledriver
Move Type: Psychic (Special)
Power: ??
Description: Fires a discharge of massive cosmic power. Power is the amount of Star-Charge moves x20 (Power= Star-Charge*15) (e.g. SC[5] x20 = 100). Return Sp. Atk. to normal.

Move Name:Circuit Breaker
Move Type: Electric (Special)
Power: 120 ?
Description: Releases a Pokemon's full electric power in one burst of power. Sharply reduces Sp.Atk.

Aaand... that's all I remember making for my N Gen. I don't think I made any items.

AL has Spoken!
*POOF!*

Um, we DO have an Auto-Burn move: Will-O-Wisp. Anyway, I have some more attack ideas.

Move Name: Acidic Spray
Move Type: Poison (special)
Power: 80
Accuracy: 95
Description: Fires a highly pressurized jet of acid at the opponent. 30% chance of dropping both Defense and SP Defense one stage.

Move Name: Tarnish
Move Type: Poison (other)
Description: Halves the opponent's defensive stats and removes Steel-type's immunity to Poison-type moves.

Move Name: Paint Fumes
Move Type: Poison (Special)
Description: Unleashes a nauseating gas that has a 30% chance of causing confusion. Hits both opponents and partner.

Move Name: Blow Dart
Move Type: Poison (Physical)
Description: Fires a poisonous dart that always strikes first. 20% of causing Poison.

I was always bugged by the fact that the game treats snow and hail as the same thing. They are NOT. So I propose something different...

Move Name: Snowstorm (instead of Hail)
Description: Causes a raging blizzard that last five turns; Ice type moves double in power and Blizzard always hits; Non-Ice type Pokemon will be damaged every turn.

But wouldn't that make it identical to Hail? I would think a "Snowy-Day" effect would retain the Ice-boosting, but not the damage-over-time effect.

Anyways, on to the attack!

Move Name: Spirit Beam
Type: Ghost (Special)
Power: --
Accuracy: 70
Description: Does 50 damage for each Pokemon on the user's team with Faint status. Fails automatically if no Pokemon have fainted.

Move Name: Restore
Type: Psychic (Effect)
Accuracy: --
Description: Divides 5 PP among target teammate's techniques, determined randomly.

Move Name: Berserk Veil
Type: Dark (Effect)
Accuracy: --
Description: Heals HP. More effective the more Frustrated the Pokemon feels. Confuses the user if Happiness is above the default amount.

Um, we DO have an Auto-Burn move: Will-O-Wisp.

Oh... well, now we have two! :p

Move Name: Shade Rampage
Accuracy: 95%
Description: User goes berserk with shadow energy and thrashes about. Reduce Atk. sharply (x.90)

Move Name: Warm Up
Move Type: Fire (Special)
Description: The user heats up, boosting its power of FIRE. Boosts Fire-type moves by 15. (e.g. Flamethrower: 95+15=110)

Move Name: Thorn Missile
Move Type: Poison (Physical)
Power: 20x 2-5
Description: Fires sharp needles at the foe two to five times.

Move Name: Blaze Barrier
Move Type: Fire (Other)
Description: Surrounds the user and teammate in a veil of fire. Pokemon using Physical moves are automatically burned. Lasts 4-6 turns.

These two are for my N-Gen.

Item Name: Feather Fossil
Description: A fossilized Feather. It gives off a sacred sort of aura. (Restoration: Egyrypt)

Item Name: Shell Fossil
Description: A fossilized shell. It gives off slight heat. (Restoration: Scaraboom)

AL has Spoken!
*POOF!*

Name: ThunderStorm
Type: Electric
Description: Powerful, but the user must recharge the next turn.

Item Name: Legend Belt
Category: Item
Description: An item that raises the power of Fighting-Type attacks. However, it it favored by non-Fighting-Type Pok

But wouldn't that make it identical to Hail? I would think a "Snowy-Day" effect would retain the Ice-boosting, but not the damage-over-time effect.

When I was talking about them not being the same thing I meant in the real world. The way snow and hail are formed in the clouds are different.The reason I went for the damage over time was because blizzards really aren't a joke. You can stand outside in rain or sun and remain relatively in one piece. Being caught in a blizzard or a sandstorm for that matter is just brutal so yeah I think that would cause damage over time. But I do like the benign Snowy-Day idea. Either way just no Hail!

Attack Name: Antigravity
Move Type: Psychic
Changes every Pokemon on the field's ability to Levitate. You have to know the right place and time to use this...

Attack Name: Nature Sphere
Move Type: Grass-Special
User calls upon the power of nature to attack the foe as a green sphere. No further effect other than direct damage.

Move Name: sunblock
Move Type: Normal (self)
Power;0
Description: bloks all fire atacks

8)

Move Name: rapid jam
Move Type: normal
Power; 120
Description: the user jams its foe repidedly and may be able to strike 5 times

:o

Move Name:iceseicles
Move Type:ice
Power; 40
Description: its hits its foe repedidly with frozen ice

::)

Move Name: shinig metel
Move Type: steal
Power; 40
Accuracy: 120
Description: hits foe with light

Move Name:flying strike
Move Type: flying
Power; 120
Accuracy: 30
Description: fly way up and comes down with foots tabbing the fow

:-X

Move Name: oil pump
Move Type: poison
Power; 80
Description:hits foe with a pump of oil

Move Name: disaster
Move Type: ghost
Power; 120
Accuracy: 60
Description: throws random objects at foe

Move Name: coler blind
Power; 100
PP:5
description: Description: makes opponint eather
burned paralized confused poisond frozen

;D thats all ;D

Mod Edit (Yoshimitsu27):
No. Warned for abuse of grammar and the enter key. And general stupidity.

Move Name: Armor Polish
Move Type: Steel (Status)
Description: The user buffs up its body surface to restore 50% of it's Max HP.

Move Name: Iron Fist
Move Type: Steel (Physical)
Description: A powerful punch that feels like being hit with iron. High critical-hit ratio.

Move Name: Ambuscade
Description: Strikes first with double power if the opponent is using a "super-effective" attacking move.

Move Name: Neuter
Move Type: Normal
Power:120
Accuracy:70
PP:5
Description: Only works on male pokemon. Lowers opponents accuracy one stage. Opponent unable to use the move attract.

I thought of some. :)

Move Name: Possess
Power: 100
Accuracy: 90%
Description: User takes control of opponent Pokemon for 5 turns and makes the opponent do damage to itself. User loses 1/8 HP each
time it uses the attack. (Using Possess once, only counts once. Not for each five turns that the opponent Pokemon is possessed.)

Move Name: Snowball
Power: 50
Accuracy: 100%
Description: User throws a snowball at the foe made of 50% ice/50% snow.

Item:
Item Name: Flashlight
Description: Helps you see into unlit caves.

Item Name: Boxing Gloves
Description: Raises the attack power of Fighting types.

Item Name: Snowball
Description: Raises the defense of Ice type Pokemon.

Snowball can be either an item or attack.

That reminds me...

Move Name: Overshadow
Power: 85
Description: Attack the opponent with equipped item.

Also Rusty and Ancient Sword and Shield are items that cannot be dropped or stolen

Move Name: Magna Impact
Move Type:Normal (Physical)
Power: 200
Description: Smashes the foe with great force. The user must recharge for one turn after the attack hits and during that time; it's defenses are halved.

Move Name: Power Dance
Move Type: Normal (Status)
Description: Boosts Attack and SP Attack one stage.

Move Name: Pester
Move Type: Normal (Physical)
Power: 70
Description: Power doubles if the foe is burned, paralyzed or poisoned.

Move Name: Black Hole
Move Type: Dark (Special)
Description: Summons a dark vortex that drains the opponent's energy. User recovers 50% of the damage inflicted. The attack fails if the user's HP is full.

Move Name: Mega Drain Punch
Move Type: Fighting (Physical)
Description: A powerful punch that drains the opponent's energy. The user recovers 50% of the damage inflicted. The attack fails if the user's HP is full.

Move Name: Final Smash
Move Type: Fighting (Physical)
Description: The user gives the opponent an all-out pummeling. The user can't attack during the next turn.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Nice... I'll have a go.

Move Name: Thunder Kick
Move Type: Electric (Physical)
Power: 65
Description: Attacks foe with an electrically-powered kick. May cause Paralysis.

Move Name: Burning Kick
Description: Attacks foe with blazing kick. May cause Burn.
(there's already Blaze Kick, thanks to David466 reminding me.)

Move Name: Icicle Kick
Description: Attacks foe with a kick covered with ice 30 degrees below freezing. May cause Frozen affect.

Item Name: Fragrant Flute
Description: Attracts a certain specie of Pokemon when you play it. Has a soothing sound when played. (a menu will appear of all the available Pokemon in the route, etc. It doesn't always attract the Pokemon, but at least it beats going around trying to find a Pikachu while constantly getting attacked by Weedles and Caterpies and other whatnot.)
Notes: I know I didn't explain it well. I'll edit it later (when I have time)

I'll edit this post when I get back. I have to go "Christmas Shopping" with my parents. I'll edit this post whenever I feel like it.

Move Name: Pollen Storm
Move Type: Bug
Power; 60
Description: Attacks by whipping up a storm of pollen. May cause paralysis, poison, or confusion

Move Name: Ferment
Move Type: Poison
Power; none
Description: Increases the power of the user's next poison attack.

Move Name: Quickfreeze
Power; none
Accuracy: 75
Description: User freezes the opponent with subzero ice.

Move Name: Magma Cannon
Move Type: Fire
Power: 130
Description: User absorbs heat and sun's energy for one turn, then blasts out a beam of fire, magma and the heat that were absorbed to deal damage to the opponent. May cause a burn.

(BTW, halls...Neuter was hilarious AND priceless! BWAHAHAHA!!!)

(What does PP mean?)

Item name: Lava Sphere
Description: When a pokemon throws this on the ground, their opponent is instantly covered in lava.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
(What does PP mean?)

Item name: Lava Sphere
Description: When a pokemon throws this on the ground, their opponent is instantly covered in lava.

PP means how many times you can use a certain move. Generally, the stronger the move, the less amount of times ou can use it.

Umm, Shiny_Eevee...we might wanna know the attack, accuracy status cause AND move type too, like every other move...

Still, that's a great idea! ;D

That was Rosa's idea...

Item Name: Hasty Charm
Fling Power: 30
Description: Doubles the holder's speed while halving its Defense and SP. Defense. The Pokemon holding this has a base defensive stat that's below 70, it won't be reduced. (E.G.: Gallade has a base 65 Defense stat and a base 115 SP. Defense Stat, so the SP. Defense will be halved while Defense won't).

Item Name: Strength Charm
Fling Power: 40
Description: Doubles the holder's Attack and SP Attack while halving its Defense and SP Defense. Has no effect if the holder has a base offensive stat exceeds 150.

Move Name: Cicada Screech
Move Type: Bug (Special)
Description: A loud buzzing noise that has a 30% chance of causing confusion.

Move Name: Sharp Stinger
Move Type: Bug (Physical)
Power: 70
Description: A powerful sting with a high critical-hit ratio. 20% chance of inflicting poison.

Move Name: Giga Horn
Move Type: Bug (Physical)
Description: Rams the foe with a powerful horn-first charge. Drops the users Attack and Defense by one stage.

Move Name: hand shake
Move Type: normal
Accuracy: 70
Description: shakes aponintes arm or ext may cause confusion to itself

Move Name: disaper
Power: 190
Accuracy: none
Description: disapers openent has a 20% of hitting user

Move Name: rust
Move Type: metel
Description: rusts its metel defence rasies speed falls

Move Name: leaf armor
Move Type: grass
Description: leafs protect itself raises defence lowers speed

Move Name: water whip
Move Type: water
Power: 20
Accuracy: 50
Description: hits foe whith a whip of water

Move Name: amger issue >:( lol
Move Type: dark
Power: 120
Description: hits any thing in sight may cause confusion

Item:
Item Name: detctor
Description: flies up in air points out pokemon hidden

[move][glow=skyblue,2,300] artacunoboy98 [/glow][/move]

Ooc: What? The item was my idea.

Attack name: Mist Breath
Move Type: Water
Description: A field of mist surrounds your opponent. Confuses your enemy.

Attack Name: Psyfield
Move Type: Psychic
Power: 85
Description: A field of psychic energy makes your opponent fly back. May induce paralysis.

Move: Cancel
Type: Psychic (Effect)
Description: Immediately ends the multi-turn effects of the opponent's moves (ex: Mean Look, Fire Spin, Future Sight, etc.)

Move: Inside Job
Type: Dark (Special)
Power: 60
Description: If the opponent's team includes at least one Pokemon of the same species as the user, opponent's Pokemon attacks a random member of its team (i.e. its stats are applied to the attack rather than the user's). Otherwise, it executes like a normal attack.

Move: Bramble Patch
Type: Grass (Status)
Description: Makes brambles grow on the opponent's side of the field. Causes damage when the foe switches Pokemon. The amount of damage that the brambles cause is based on how weak or resistant the foe is to Grass-type moves (like Stealth Rock).

Item Name: Magma Charm
Fling Power: 20
Fling Effect: Burn
Description: If the holder is struck with a direct attack, there is a 30% chance of Burning the opponent. If the holder lacks a Fire resistance or the Flash Fire ability, 10% of it's Max HP will be chipped off each turn. Holding the Magma Charm can also activate the Flash Fire ability.

Item Name: Spiteful Charm
Fling Power: 20
Fling Effect: 1 or 2 random stats dropped by one stage
Description: If the holder is struck by a direct attack, there's a 30% chance of dropping one of the opponent's stats by one stage. If the holder is a Dark or Ghost type, 2 random stats of the opponent's will get reduced.

Move: Land Mine
Type: Fire (Effect)
Description: User sets down a land mine. When the opponent switches to a non-Flying, non-Levitating Pokemon, the mine explodes, causing 50 Fire damage (and 25 damage to its partner in a double battle). Land mine only explodes once.

Move: Thorn Barrier
Type: Grass
Description: Similar to the Rough Skin ability, a barrier of thorns covers the Pokemon, damaging the opponent's Pokemon if they were to use a physical move. There's also a slight chance to poison the opponent. Lasts 2-5 turns or until hit with a fire attack.

Metamorph aka Transform2
Type: Normal
Description: Randomly transform into a Pokemon previously encountered in a battle. If in a Wild Pokemon Battle, metamorph automatically transforms into the opponent. In a Double Battle, metamorph may transform into one of your own Pokemon.

Move: Hurricane
Type: Flying (Special)
Description: Whips up a powerful wind storm that damages everyone on the field. This move can affect Pokemon that are in the middle of Fly or Bounce.

Move: Dive Bomb
Type: Flying (Physical)
Description: Drops the user's Attack and Defense by one stage.

Move: Grapple
Type: Fighting (Physical)
Description: User grabs the target, rendering it unable to use Special techniques or techniques that require charging. May cause Flinching. If the target leaves the screen after this is applied, the user goes with them.

Move: Suplex
Type: Fighting (Physical)
Description: Automatically hits if Grapple was used last round. May cause Paralysis.

Move: Tag-Out
Type: Fighting (Effect)
Description: Recalls user, restoring 50% of their lost HP.

Move: Fast-Ball Special
Type: Normal (Physical?)
Description: User throws a teammate at the target, and the teammate performs this attack. Unless the user also knows Strength, teammate must be lighter and shorter than the user. In a standard battle, the user switches out. In a double battle, user may avoid switching out by throwing its partner, who remains off-screen until their turn next round.