• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

[CONTEST] PokéBaby "Gotta raise'm all! 2016" Contest!

Would you like to choose jury for each round from the PokéCharmers?

• Yes, great idea!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No, Zamcio will give points by himself

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No, Zamcio will give points with people he will choose

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Whatever

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a small question, should we have the characteristics related to the pokemon IV's or could we just choose them according to their personalities?

Just a small question, should we have the characteristics related to the pokemon IV's or could we just choose them according to their personalities?
You've got point there ;) The characteristics you choose now will be related to IV's later so it's up to you. Also it does should match the personality.

ROUND 1 - SUMMARY

I'm so glad with the feedback I got from you guys! Every work was done with passion and creativity. Huge thanks and keep it up!
Now I am going to do a short and quick summary of each task and each work done.​

Task 1 - Kind of obvious one. Well everyone got maximum amount of points there, no mistakes etc.
Task 2 - It's not the time to uncover the details of giving points but what I can say by now is there was pretty competitive way there.
Task 3 - This one disappointed me the most. I hoped you would give me exact location like some people did - not only the region. But sure - it's your choice :)
Task 4 - Some people chose moves which weren't exactly breeding moves or moves which weren't able to pass through the breeding.
Task 5 - Nothing really bothering. Some people used hidden abilities which was kind of obvious to me before the round.
Task 6 - The most interesting one. You guys are so talented!

It's time to tell you who was the best...
(ranking without Cinccino)

NUMBER 8 - OmegaCarvineplays
28 points

Thunder Fang isn't breeding move for Deino from Hydreigon and Ditto. Also there is option that it was passed from his evolution but then it isn't breeding move. It was the only mistake. Also the thing with breeding location but it was said already. Great job!

NUMBER 7 - Kitsune477
33 points

I like the idea of the drawing but this background was little disturbing :p Again the thing with location, rest is very good. Also - for your information you got the most points from the Task 4.

NUMBER 6 - crazyone
40 points

You didn't explain well who were parents of Nayru and that's how you lost some points on the breeding move. What I can say from myself is that Nayru was the best sounding name in my opinion.

NUMBER 5 - Storybook
44 points

You were so stressed with the details and you ended up with Shinx covered almost completely with blanket :p I understand your obssesion with them but somehow... It wouldn't be fair to others if I gave you points for 'idea' for avoiding the details. My appologies. But I appriatated the idea and pointed it well (I think so).

NUMBER 4 - Icena
45 points

Really original idea! As I mentioned it before - seems to me that she is related to Snubull :) But you didn't tell us who her parents were and that's how you lost a point for a breeding move (which isn't exactly the breeding move but egg move but is acceptable as it's first move Pichu learns). I think everyone is looking forward to know the reason of her appearance ;)

And now... Best three!

NUMBER 3 - LadyLucs
48 points

Very good work overall (that's the category of that round, right?). Elegant Mareep with interesting story and name just got me like 'awww'. The best description of the Hatching place in my opinion.

NUMBER 2 - EspeonTheBest
50 points

I loved the idea of the dreamcatchers! I think most the people loved. You lost many points on the breeding move though. Shadow Ball is the move which Litwick and his evolutions can learn by leveling BUT if Pokemon is supposed to get a move which isn't the egg move or breeding move then both of the parents have to know that move. Quick thing - Magcargo can't learn Shadow Ball. Rest is really good!

and leader after Round 1 is...
NUMBER 1 - Blue moon!
54 points

Overally the best work in my opinion. The idea of such a 'noble' parent seems pretty cool and the background story was really good written. I saw people appriatated your work as well so I think it is well deserved!

Friendly win of the Round goes to...
Blue moon, EspeonTheBest and Storybook!
Each of them got 10 points from the rivals. Great job.

And finally... The winner of the Round by the jury is... (or they are?)

Blue moon, LadyLucs and EspeonTheBest!
They collected the biggest amount of points from the tasks in that round. Congratulations!​

That round got me pretty excited and more hyped than ever! I hope it is the same with you ;) Good luck in another rounds!
Stay tuned, Zamcio.

The reason behind why I didn't include the parent pokémon is because I was leaving it to the readers interpretation. let them try to imagine how it got there and what happened to its parent pokémon (that and I basically went off the top of my head for that entire story ^^; )

ROUND 1 - SUMMARY

I'm so glad with the feedback I got from you guys! Every work was done with passion and creativity. Huge thanks and keep it up!
Now I am going to do a short and quick summary of each task and each work done.​

Task 1 - Kind of obvious one. Well everyone got maximum amount of points there, no mistakes etc.
Task 2 - It's not the time to uncover the details of giving points but what I can say by now is there was pretty competitive way there.
Task 3 - This one disappointed me the most. I hoped you would give me exact location like some people did - not only the region. But sure - it's your choice :)
Task 4 - Some people chose moves which weren't exactly breeding moves or moves which weren't able to pass through the breeding.
Task 5 - Nothing really bothering. Some people used hidden abilities which was kind of obvious to me before the round.
Task 6 - The most interesting one. You guys are so talented!

It's time to tell you who was the best...
(ranking without Cinccino)

NUMBER 8 - OmegaCarvineplays
28 points

Thunder Fang isn't breeding move for Deino from Hydreigon and Ditto. Also there is option that it was passed from his evolution but then it isn't breeding move. It was the only mistake. Also the thing with breeding location but it was said already. Great job!

NUMBER 7 - Kitsune477
33 points

I like the idea of the drawing but this background was little disturbing :p Again the thing with location, rest is very good. Also - for your information you got the most points from the Task 4.

NUMBER 6 - crazyone
40 points

You didn't explain well who were parents of Nayru and that's how you lost some points on the breeding move. What I can say from myself is that Nayru was the best sounding name in my opinion.

NUMBER 5 - Storybook
44 points

You were so stressed with the details and you ended up with Shinx covered almost completely with blanket :p I understand your obssesion with them but somehow... It wouldn't be fair to others if I gave you points for 'idea' for avoiding the details. My appologies. But I appriatated the idea and pointed it well (I think so).

NUMBER 4 - Icena
45 points

Really original idea! As I mentioned it before - seems to me that she is related to Snubull :) But you didn't tell us who her parents were and that's how you lost a point for a breeding move (which isn't exactly the breeding move but egg move but is acceptable as it's first move Pichu learns). I think everyone is looking forward to know the reason of her appearance ;)

And now... Best three!

NUMBER 3 - LadyLucs
48 points

Very good work overall (that's the category of that round, right?). Elegant Mareep with interesting story and name just got me like 'awww'. The best description of the Hatching place in my opinion.

NUMBER 2 - EspeonTheBest
50 points

I loved the idea of the dreamcatchers! I think most the people loved. You lost many points on the breeding move though. Shadow Ball is the move which Litwick and his evolutions can learn by leveling BUT if Pokemon is supposed to get a move which isn't the egg move or breeding move then both of the parents have to know that move. Quick thing - Magcargo can't learn Shadow Ball. Rest is really good!

and leader after Round 1 is...
NUMBER 1 - Blue moon!
54 points

Overally the best work in my opinion. The idea of such a 'noble' parent seems pretty cool and the background story was really good written. I saw people appriatated your work as well so I think it is well deserved!

Friendly win of the Round goes to...
Blue moon, EspeonTheBest and Storybook!
Each of them got 10 points from the rivals. Great job.

And finally... The winner of the Round by the jury is... (or they are?)

Blue moon, LadyLucs and EspeonTheBest!
They collected the biggest amount of points from the tasks in that round. Congratulations!​

That round got me pretty excited and more hyped than ever! I hope it is the same with you ;) Good luck in another rounds!
Stay tuned, Zamcio.
its strange, i looked at the possible egg moves (because i suck at breed) and thunder fang was possible, i might have mixed up the breeding idea with another. my bad.

its strange, i looked at the possible egg moves (because i suck at breed) and thunder fang was possible, i might have mixed up the breeding idea with another. my bad.
Yes, it is. If you want to get a breeding move you need to use the mother of the species you want to get egg of and the father which will give you the move you wish to have, In this case it is Salamance, Arbok or Tyrantrum.

I apologize, but I'm afraid I won't be able to finish mine on time this round. I was sure I could wrap it up today before we left for the weekend, but I suppose my writing had other plans. We're leaving shortly to head out camping and I won't have any internet access until monday. I can upload it then.

Good luck to everyone else, and I'll see y'all on monday :D

I apologize, but I'm afraid I won't be able to finish mine on time this round. I was sure I could wrap it up today before we left for the weekend, but I suppose my writing had other plans. We're leaving shortly to head out camping and I won't have any internet access until monday. I can upload it then.

Good luck to everyone else, and I'll see y'all on monday :D
You're not the only one.

DEADLINE IS DELAYED TO 6TH OF JULY
EDIT: My mistake, one week less :p

Last edited:
What is round one ? Do I draw something? Like Elekid coming out of an egg? Plz tell me I'm confused, also Is this thing all a drawing challenge or is there other stuff?

Just in case you were wondering who TundraZap was
1. You know there is 'Edit' button, right?
2. Maybe you should read whole thread then? It's just 3 pages, don't be so lazy. There is information for everything, I don't like to repeat myself.
3. Every nickname change is good to mention, thank you :)

REMINDER

TASKS FOR ROUND 2 ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FINISHED TOMORROW

1. You know there is 'Edit' button, right?
2. Maybe you should read whole thread then? It's just 3 pages, don't be so lazy. There is information for everything, I don't like to repeat myself.
3. Every nickname change is good to mention, thank you :)

REMINDER

TASKS FOR ROUND 2 ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FINISHED TOMORROW
I haven't been on here long so
It's time to start our contest!

View attachment 313209

Welcome to you all PokéCharmers! I am honored to open my first contest on this site full of creative people. Our brave heroes will participate in eight rounds which will test their Pokémon Fan skills: writing, drawing, battling, making strategies, travelling through the Pokémon World, making right decisions and voting in Pokémon Performances. What to mention more - at the end of each round every participant will have opportunity to give additional 5 points to other one. Pretty gesture in creative rivarly!
Also I would like to gladly welcome our first offical member of contest Jury - EmotionSenser! Congratulations and thank you for joining us! So... Let's begin Round 1!

ROUND 1 - Hatching Day
Task 1: What is the gender of your PokéBaby?
Is it male? Is it female? Let us know.
Task 2: Give your PokéBaby a name!
Giving name is great sign of the bond. Also... Have you heard about the baby with no name?
Task 3: Set your location.
Tell us where did it hatch? Are in Sinnoh? Or maybe you are visiting beautiful Kalos? Did it happen in the city or in the middle of the forest? Let us know about the place!
Task 4: Tell us something about the parents - choose breeding move.
NOTE - Choose it wisely as its one of first moves which you will be obligated to use in the future.
Task 5: Be a-bit-little-ly serious! (choose the ability)
Have fun during the contest! Also same note - choose it wisely.
Task 6: Make some memories of the first sight of the newly hatched PokéBaby!
Draw your new friend. Also think about its characteristic thing of apperance. Does it have freckles? Maybe some unsual fur on the belly? Will it wear a ribbon? Show us!

Do not forget to look at my facebook page where I will publish some progress with contest (not to double post here) and complete the poll to help me with choosing the Jury!
Brave PokéCharmers! Submit your drawings in the Creative Corner with all mentioned details in the description till 25th of June and don't forget to tag it with "gotta raise'm all". If you did not join yet feel free to do it now!

Good luck and have fun! :)
P.S. Battles will be organised in Pokémon Showdown so do not worry and try it out earlier to befriend with it.
, I did a story with a picture of mine (I'm sorry if that's not what I was supposed to do...)

Sorry this is too confusing, can I quit?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wokring on this! I'm sorry this is the first free afternoon I've had this week (is the last one before vacations start so I'm full of tests and other stuff). Hopefully I'll have it ready in a few hours.

*shrugs*
I quite liked it. But yes, it could have been better. Everything can always be better- that's the fun of it all, writing something, then looking at it, and thinking 'what went wrong, and what about next time?' then incorporating that and doing it again and doing it better. I've posted mine, and I still can see a bunch of things that I could have done better. I'll leave a review in the comments, if it helps, but it definitely wasn't terrible :D