• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Competitive Battling help

Well, I'm getting Wi-Fi soon for Diamond and PBR, I've got a hopefully good looking team but I need advice on movesets, recommended nature and EV's. (items I can handle) P.S. to all those who may help me: I do not have most of these pokemon yet, I'm working on getting my FireRed back from my friend so I can actually breed a Charizard and Blastoise.

My team:
Blastoise (currently a squirtle) lv.5
Nature: Adamant EV: none yet

Umbreon - (eevee right now) lv.1
Nature:Hardy EV: None yet

Alakazam - ''

Charizard - lv. 36
Nature: Relaxed EV:none
Fire Fang
Slash
Flamethrower
Aerial Ace

Lucario - lv.8
Nature: Careful EV: none
Quick Attack
Foresight
Endure
Counter

Garchomp - Breeding

I'm a complete n00b to the competitive battling community. So be as harsh as needed... just help me out please?

First: you might want to look at this.

Then, if you still need help, it helps a ton if you post the pokemon's movesets and natures and held items and things like that.

Sorry I can't help more, but it's really hard to help without more information than you gave.

Well, since some of your pokemon are being hatched, I'll just post two movesets =):

Garchomp@?
-Jolly/Adamant-

Fire Fang
EQ
DragonClaw/Pulse
Brick Break/Giga Impact/?

and for Lucario:

Lucario @ Expert Belt
-Modest/Timid-

Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere
Psychic/Flash Cannon

I just wanted to show you those movesets before you hatch them ^_^

As long as you're breeding Garchomp, get Iron Head over Fire Fang. Higher base power, and it still takes care of ice-types.

It's all about preference, but my Garchomp's moveset's something like this:
Dragon Rush (You may prefer Dragon Claw for it's accuracy; mine's more an ingame fighter, so it can get away with missing.)
Earthquake
Iron Head
Crunch

And the reason most use Fire Fang over Iron head is because of poor coverage on Iron Head's part and Fire Fang hits Skarmory, Forteress and Brongzong harder.

okay... updated with certain pokemon attacks and natures. I've looked at a ton of your suggestions and I'm really liking them. My only problem is with Fire Fang on Garchomp. I love the idea, but mine's a male, it doesn't know fire fang but I want to thank everyone a ton for the help. Once I get everyone else, I'll be able to help some more and give you more options.
Also, if I give a pokemon EXP. Share will it still get EV's or not?

[size=8pt]A pokemon holding an EXP. Share will get the same amount of EVs as if it was in the battle itself.
Meaning that unlike experience points, the EV points gained aren't split between the battler and the holder.[/size]

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I've looked at a ton of your suggestions and I'm really liking them. My only problem is with Fire Fang on Garchomp. I love the idea, but mine's a male, it doesn't know fire fang but I want to thank everyone a ton for the help.

You need to teach Garchomp Fire Fang using a Heart Scale obtained in the Underground. Take him to the Move Tutor in Pastoria (in a house near the berry patch) while you have a Heart Scale in your bag, and you'll be able to teach him the move.