• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

"Cheats" so bad they make the baby Jesus cry...

Most gratuitously bad "cheat" on this page?

• Black Zabut (sic)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shiny Carvahna

• How to get 99 Master Balls

• How to find the extremely rare legendary Pokemon Latios

• Red Duskull

• Hoenn

• Fly me to the moon #1

• Fly me to the moon #2

• How to find a green wingull

• How to catch pokemon 203, mew

• Total voters

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Let's have a poll: Most utterly appalling, useless and/or plain incorrect "cheat" on this page?

Note this poll contains sarcasm and swearing. Read at own risk :twisted:.

The choices are:
Black Zabut (sic) - well, I suppose it is within the realms of possibility that if you have a Rayquaza as your first Pokemon and you go to the Pokemon League end of Victory Road on a Mach Bike, you find a black Zubat. But I doubt that always happens. And I'm not sure where you can find a black Zabut anywhere.

Shiny Carvahna - Yeah, if you "fish for a long time around the river" you will find a shiny carvahna. Depending on your definition of "long", and how many hours you're prepared to spend trying...

How to get 99 Master Balls - Featuring BLOCK CAPITALS and "LEVEL 1OO" (that's 1 oh oh btw, not zero zero). Probably my "favourite".

How to find the extremely rare legendary Pokemon Latios - I quote this one in full: "Anywhere in the Hoenn region. (After you have become the Pokemon Champion-Ruby only)". No shit, Sherlock! Does your hint actually tell us where to find Latios? Uh...

Red Duskull - "I found a red Duskull (in Ruby) on the 2nd floor at Mt pyre (summit)." I'm so pleased for you!

Hoenn - "After you beat the pokemon league go to a tv. It will say something along the lines of. A MYSTERIOUS POKEMON HAS BEEN SEEN FLYING OVER HOENN." OK so far... "After that fly to Lilycove and head left in till you get to the grassy area with a fence. You are most likely to be there it might take some time." Er... Anyone make sense of that last sentence?

Fly me to the moon #1: "Give a pokeball to lileep and go to mossdeep space centre and fly to space and you can catch Jirachi". Hmmm. I remember vaguely believing this one, once, before I'd ever gone to the Space Centre or got this far through the game... and before it got to the stage of #2...

Fly me to the moon #2: "Go to the space center in mossadeap city and talk to the guy ina white suit looking uot the window he will say that was successes launch number and then he says a number if the number is 56 or higher hell ask you if you want to go to the moon say yes and there you will catch deoxys if the number is higher than 100 it means you will catch a jitschi at the moon." Let's see: we have misspelling of Mossdeep and Jirachi, hell, and random number generators. Yup. Definitely the best way to catch jitschi.

How to find a green wingull - Much like the Shiny Carvanha. True, but utterly useless.... ;)

How to catch pokemon 203, mew - Apparently to catch Mew, you need to have first caught Raquaza, Kyrouge and Groundon. Well, that'll be your first problem...

One last one for the No shit, Sherlock category: Level 100 Pokemon - "To get a pokemon to level 100 you need a pokemon at level 98 and you need 2 rare candies. Than use the rare candeis on the pokemon. Now you have a pokemon at level 100." Really? :shock:

Enjoy!

:shock: :roll: :D

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
You are most likely to be there it might take some time." Er... Anyone make sense of that last sentence?

I think s/he's trying to say:

"Fly to Lilycove and go into the grass to the right. Fight 10 battles and if Lati@s hasn't appeared, fly back to Lilycove and go to the grass. If its not there after 10 battles fly back to Lilycove and try again until it works."

Not the best strategy, but it works.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
On both Sapphire/Ruby I met Latios/Latias in the same spot - deep south in the Desert near the rock formations. I don't know if that's just good luck or if they always show up there o.O

Anyways, voted for the Master Ball cheat. Considering the stupidity of it and the extreme use of caps nothing else can compare :twisted:

baratron

Staff member
Trainer_Yoshimitsu said:
You are most likely to be there it might take some time."

I think s/he's trying to say:

"Fly to Lilycove and go into the grass to the right. Fight 10 battles and if Lati@s hasn't appeared, fly back to Lilycove and go to the grass. If its not there after 10 battles fly back to Lilycove and try again until it works"

I think you're giving him/her FAR too much credit :).

And yeah, I used that strategy myself - the one you refer to, not the one in that quote :). The main problem I had was more about getting Lati@s down to a sliver of health without knocking it out, rather than not being able to find him/her (can't even remember now if it was Latios or Latias!).

Heh.

Now that I have both a Latios and a Latias, if I want to catch either of them again in a new game, I can just trade over the one I want, so that it shows up with full info in my Pokedex. Then I can look at my Pokedex's Location field to find out the current position of Lati@s. Unfortunately, this only works if the pkmn counts as "owned" - otherwise it would be the perfect method...

I've got a good one!!! Complete with mispellings and obivious allusions to the old game manuals...

How to beat the game:

trade your freind's level 70 mewto from a read or blue version before you get your first bage.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
One last one for the No shit, Sherlock category: Level 100 Pokemon - "To get a pokemon to level 100 you need a pokemon at level 98 and you need 2 rare candies. Than use the rare candeis on the pokemon. Now you have a pokemon at level 100." Really?

*Bursts out laughing like a loonatic*

baratron

Staff member
Baby Lugia said:
trade your freind's level 70 mewto from a read or blue version before you get your first bage.
Before you get your first bagel? :D

I suppose it could be Bagon...

baratron

Staff member
Well, if it was talking about trading a Mewtoo from Red Version, I'd expect it to be before you get your first badge. But trading a Mewto from a read version... I prefer bagel ;).

Of course, that would work better if there was a bakery in the game.