• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Celeste's House of Lost Children

Should there be staff members?

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
I believe there's a way to incorporate you in, however, a decent amount of plot has progressed and We're in the middle of a conflict. I would advise carefully reading the whole thread so that your character's actions aren't out of place.
@DarkHydraT
Additionally, the GM needs to view your bio first.
Okay, thank you. I'll do that

This looks fun so, I'm gonna try to join!
Name: Olliver ( or Ollie for short )
Appearance: Olliver is a small young boy with short brown hair. He always wears a light blue baseball cap with a pokeball in the middle, while he normally wears t-shirts with different Pokemon on it.
Personality: Kind, shy, and trustful towards friends.
Feelings toward Celestele: He thinks of her as a big sister, normally clinging to her whenever there's nothing else to do. He's very helpful with the other kids, even though he is young, and tries to help her with work.
How he got placed in the house: Olliver was was trying to find help for a wounded shiny Riolu he found when he was five, so he came there to try and get help. Being homeless, he decided to stay.
Backstory: Olliver came from a poor family, and once they got another child, he was kicked out. He lived on the streets for 3 years before coming to the house.

Pokemon: Shiny Riolu
Nickname: Link
Behavior: Link stays by Olliver, but will leave to talk with other Pokemon. He is working on learning human language, and has learned a few words from Olliver.
Moveset: Pound, Aura Sphere, Foresight, Double Kick. ( it learned aura sphere through move tutoring)

And that's it! Hope I can join!

Name: Larry Thorn
Appearance: Larry has dark skin and long black hair usually kept together in a messy bun. He wears a white blouse and a pair of jeans with black shoes. He has a mischievous shimmer in his brown eyes most of the time.
Personality: Larry is a cheerful person who is always ready for a joke and is generally very helpful. He isn't one to shirk work though and is a dilligent worker. He likes to make the children smile and is never far from the kitchen or the garden, always ready to brighten someone's day.
Feeling towards Celeste: He thinks that Celeste is a caring person and likes her as a friend. He carries no ill will against her, especially since she took him in as well.
How you got placed into the House: Larry was a kid of the street before finding Celestes house of lost children at the age of 16 and loved it there. When he became an adult he asked if he could stay as a member of the staff and the rest is history.
Backstory(Before you got placed into the house): Larry was born in a hospital as the child of a weakened woman who didn't survive labour, leaving him with his father. Life was good until his father died in a car accident, leaving 12 year old Larry to live on the streets.

Pokémon: Haunter
Name: Demos
Behavior: Demos is a prankster and loves to pull faces and come out of the walls to startle people passing by. He means no harm though and never tries to harm anyone and promptly tries to comfort anyone who cries because of him.
Moves: Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Psychic and Hypnosis.
Level: 30

Also, just to ease any possible conflict. DarkHydraT's post is allowed to auto DJ, we had discussed it in a private conversation. So, although it does state something not in my previous responses, it was by my full permission :D

I've been eyeing this one for a little while... let's see if this shall work.
Name: Genevieve Garwain (or Gigi for short)
Appearance: She is, as you would say in nice terms, a short-stack. She usually is wearing coveralls, one strap undone, as you do, with a blue and yellow rugby shirt underneath it. She has long and curly dirty-blonde colored hair, and prefers to keep her face hidden with a scarf for a currently unknown reason, color varying by day.
Personality: Genevieve can be a bit shy at times, not really adjusting to the people around her. Her voice tends to be quiet, and often drifts off after talking for a bit, which means about 8 seconds or more. She loves spending time with the people that she deems comfortable to be around, which amounts to very few people.
Feeling towards Celeste: Genevieve, most of the time, tries to show complete and total respect to Celeste, as if she's everything she wants to be later on. She treats her like a mother figure, always wanting to learn more from her.
How you got placed into the House: Along with the parting gift from her father, she ran with tears streaming down her face in the freezing rain, until she came across the House itself, and decided to enter, hoping to find a new family inside.
Backstory: Genevieve was painstakingly raised by her father on his lonesome after her mother passed in an unfortunate incident, Genevieve herself barely surviving. One day, he grew deathly ill, and she did as much as she could to help him feel better with her meek smile and acts of gratitude. Unfortunately, she couldn't do much, and her father passed on, but before he did, he gave Genevieve her early birthday present... her new best friend, now named Sam.

Pokémon: Phantump
Name: Stumpety Sam (Or Sam)
Behavior: Like Genevieve, Sam can be shy, and prefers to stay with Genevieve as a result, appearing as a small wooden crown on her head instead of floating beside her like other Pokémon would.
Moves: Confuse Ray, Astonish, Growth, Trick (Presumably from when her father used it for a bit to make sure it was safe.)
Level: 9

hi there, i’d like to hop aboard as well if it’s alright! here’s what you gotta know;

Name: Ava Lewis
Appearance: Ava is a small little thing considering her age, standing at a meager 4’10. Her skin is pale and littered with freckles. Her eyes are wide, deep brown in color, with hair that’s long and rather unkempt with an ash blonde hue. She wears her old uniform, a white blouse and a navy blue plaited skirt, paired with some white, calf-high socks and a pair of simple black dress shoes.
Personality: Since her arrival, Ava seemed to be an introvert, usually found alone, distancing herself from the other kids. Sometimes she can even be quite bitter, as she doesn’t have a good reign on her emotions just yet. Despite this, she appears to be very well-mannered.
Feelings Towards Celeste: Ava is, despite all Celeste has done for her, rather distrusting. While she is grateful towards Celeste for offering her refuge, she still seems to be fairly upset about being there.
Backstory: Ava and her family grew up rather wealthy, the girl in question having the privilege of attending a celebrated private academy. However, after her mother was declared with a deadly illness, her family invested much of their money attempting to cure her, but it seemed to be a lost cause. Shortly after her mother’s death, they spiraled into bankruptcy, resorting to scavenging for scraps. Deciding she didn’t deserve a life of beggary, Ava’s father turned to Celeste’s, asking her in-person to take in his now-gaunt daughter, sending her off with a Pokemon of her own and disappearing.

Pokemon: Gible
Name: Kaiju
Behavior: Somewhat snappy and incredibly defensive, Kaiju is beyond protective of his partner, and has a tendency to growl at any who approach. However, once his trust is gained, he is oddly affectionate and seems to enjoy cuddling.
Moves: Tackle, Body Slam, Sand Attack, Dragon Rage.
Level: 11.

Last edited:
Hello, guys.
I know I have had a small inactivity for two days, completely school related. And today I will be busy with an audition process that will take up practically now til about 9 PM. I promise I will start regularly posting again after tonight. Thank you for understanding, and have a great day.

Hmm, before signing up and hopping into the RP once the bio has been approved; I was perhaps wondering if I can have only a Pokémon character for the RP instead of a child/staff member and a Pokémon.

SuperRowlett

Previously MapleSyrupRex
@Kiraru Well If you want do that it will be very tricky because Celeste doesn't really pick up injured Pokémon, If she does find one then she sends them to another place because she has the kids to look after so I suggest if you want be Pokémon then make someone your trainer or wander in and get caught, Otherwise if you find good way implement it then go right ahead

Hmm... if I am going to just be using a Pokémon, I think I would have the backstory easily flow on how the Pokémon's trainer did not make it before the trainer could make it to the house. So, the Pokémon would essentially be forced to find another trainer to be with in order to avoid being sent elsewhere; maybe also finding a way to clear the ownership of his deceased trainer to allow himself to be caught if the trainer wants to catch him for their ownership sooner or later. (If this sounds too extreme/graphic, then I will go with simply having a child/staff member and the Pokémon.)

Pokémon bio is below. The clothing/accessories will be revealed more in the RP. I presume that I would likely start off somewhere near kitchen or somewhere else, since it appears to be early morning right now.

Pokémon:
Mudkip
Name: His name is Myles.
Behavior: Myles tends to be somewhat timid around others as a result of his high, infantile voice that causes more laughs than attention. He usually prefers to be with trusted guardian or the authorites if possible; though he is neutral with Celeste at the moment since he does not know her as much to be able to judge her as well as the others can. He is often seen playing alone or doing some other solo task in his free time, since socialization seems to be far out of the picture for the little mud fish Pokémon.
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Water Gun [Note that learning new moves is a bit laggy for the Pokémon compared to others as a result of poor battling performance he has.]
Level: He is equivalent to the level number of nine if his age and combat performance were to be measured on a level number.

Just to let everyone know, the character that had originally captured Oliver is now under my control. He will be a reoccurring character, and a major antagonist.
My idea for him is that he is a smuggler of sorta of makes money off of selling homeless children. Least to say, orphanages are his competitor's and Celeste's House is putting him out of buisness.
His past with Oliver is one of pure buisness. Ollie is pretty much just 'the one that got away'. He had captured the boy before and already had a buyer, but when Ollie escaped and Celeste took him in; it sincerely hurt the man's reputation.
(If anyone else wants their character to have a backstory intertwined with this guy, just message me)

Last edited:
I like this antagonist because as the kids develop and get stronger they'll actually be able to stand up against him, and grow strong to the point where they'll be doing the chasing after him.

Name: Astra
Appearance: Astra has long, white, pearlescent hair, white eyelashes, and white eyebrows. She has deep purple eyes and tanned white skin. Astra has a distinctive scent of rosemary and incense, and wears a long, deep purple cloak, with intricate mandala designs in greens, reds and oranges etched all over it. Under her cloak (which is not often seen) she wears a loose, white shirt and brown leggings, with thigh-high tanned boots. Her hair is adorned with many beads, and two or three odd strands are braided, with small feathers dangling from where they are tied. Her build is quite petite, as she often does not focus on physical strength.
Personality: Astra is enigmatic and cryptic, not because she is inherently like that, but because she enjoys making people guess. She enjoys fortune telling, making herbal mixtures and especially tarot cards. She asks the cards before making any sort of decision, greatly enjoys giving people readings, and claims she can hear the cards speak to her. She also claims to have dreams of the future, something which she does not enjoy and often complains about. Though, she tends not to show extreme emotions; when she is happy, she smiles, though will not celebrate her happiness, she doesn't show excitement or anger, she doesn't show extreme sadness or love.
Feelings towards Celeste: She is truly grateful of Celeste for showing her kindness and accepting her despite her strange interests and 'talents'. She views Celeste mostly as a mother figure.
How you got placed into the House: She sustained burns after escaping from her hometown and was injured. Luckily, she was discovered by Celeste and taken in.
Backstory: Astra lived in a highly religious village who did not appreciate her 'talents' and found her extremely close and with her Litwick, Chimes, to be strange. At the time of her discovery by Celeste, Astra was on the run from villagers who believed her to be a witch and desired to punish her for it. Astra escaped from being burned at the stake but sustained burns and was injured.

Pokémon: Litwick
Name: Chimes
Behavior: Friendly and innocent, wishing to make a good impression and help everyone, though is very possessive of Astra and gets jealous easily.
Moves: Night Shade, Fire Spin, Minimize, Astonish, Confuse Ray
Level: 13-14